dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Dons:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Good job Dons. icon14.gif

Cheers icon_smile.gif

Still no money for transfers and board didnt make us go pro icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Board probably wont make you go pro until League 2.

Still can't sort out my defence. We are easily the top scorers in the league but still can't get a consistant run of form going meaning we look like finishing just outside the playoffs for the second year running. Andy Caton is just a legend as he has just surpassed his own record of 37 goals in a season and we are only in February.

Just don't know how i can solve the defensive problem. I've bought in some talented and experienced defenders but it isn't making any difference.

Originally posted by happy slappy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by migwar:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by happy slappy:

How on earth did this happen?

Not bad

Have the names been erased to protect the innocent? icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No \o/.

I play my games following the guidelines in the LLM forum.

And so I don't player name. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Happy. The no player naming thing is only a rule in the LLM forum. What a lot of people do in here is give the players nicknames. These might be related to their name or many be nothing like it at all.

It will help you if you intend posting pics in the future.

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 22/23 - Premier League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Gareth Mitchell

Fans' Player of the Year - Gareth Mitchell

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier League:

Woot, Merthyr Tydfil are the Premier League champions. I was surprised by the margin of victory, considering how close it had been the season before. Chelsea completely under-performed, and Middlesbrough didn't really have enough quality to be consistent. So, I think I got a pretty easy ride to the title.

Champions League:

My first season in the Champions League, and I got a testing Qualifying 3rd round draw against Anderlecht. I managed to get through that 1-0 on agg., and got CSKA Moscow, Inter and Besiktas in my group. After getting thumped 4-0 away against CSKA in the first match, I thought I was done for in the group, but the team put in some good performances and finished top of the group. Sevilla looked like a tough test in the 1st Knockout Round, but we won 7-3 on agg. and went into the Quarter Finals against groupmates Inter. We squeaked out a 1-1 draw in Milan, but then lost the return leg 1-0 to be knocked out of the tournament.

FA Cup:

Terrible, beaten by Leicester in the 3rd round. I wasn't too bothered about it, but the board were, of course, ****ed off.

League Cup:

Did a bit better in our defence of the League Cup, getting to the Quarter Finals. However, a loss on penalties to League One outfit Sheffield Wednesday was a bit embarrassing.

The Board, etc.:

They're finally building a new stadium! After suffering four years in the Premier League with a 10k capacity stadium, I'll have a brand spanking new 22k capacity stadium at the end of next season!

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 22/23 - Premier League

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Other Info - Club Information | Manager Information

Top Scorer - Gareth Mitchell

Fans' Player of the Year - Gareth Mitchell

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Premier League:

Woot, Merthyr Tydfil are the Premier League champions. I was surprised by the margin of victory, considering how close it had been the season before. Chelsea completely under-performed, and Middlesbrough didn't really have enough quality to be consistent. So, I think I got a pretty easy ride to the title.

Champions League:

My first season in the Champions League, and I got a testing Qualifying 3rd round draw against Anderlecht. I managed to get through that 1-0 on agg., and got CSKA Moscow, Inter and Besiktas in my group. After getting thumped 4-0 away against CSKA in the first match, I thought I was done for in the group, but the team put in some good performances and finished top of the group. Sevilla looked like a tough test in the 1st Knockout Round, but we won 7-3 on agg. and went into the Quarter Finals against groupmates Inter. We squeaked out a 1-1 draw in Milan, but then lost the return leg 1-0 to be knocked out of the tournament.

FA Cup:

Terrible, beaten by Leicester in the 3rd round. I wasn't too bothered about it, but the board were, of course, ****ed off.

League Cup:

Did a bit better in our defence of the League Cup, getting to the Quarter Finals. However, a loss on penalties to League One outfit Sheffield Wednesday was a bit embarrassing.

The Board, etc.:

They're finally building a new stadium! After suffering four years in the Premier League with a 10k capacity stadium, I'll have a brand spanking new 22k capacity stadium at the end of next season!

congrats on winning the Premier League!! only the champions league left now......

Great job Annihilator666, gives the rest of us strugglers hope!

2011-12 League 2, Bedford Season update

League 2 Table

Not a bad season for Bedford, better than i was expecting from my first time in League 2. It would have been a Playoff position but i only managed to draw my last 2 league games, which i wasnt too disappointed about as i really didnt deserve the chance to go up this season.

Not much really to report on the cup runs, apart from a 3rd round FA Cup knockout to Championship side Leyton Orient.

My striker Jonathan Pringle has won the Clubs player of the year for the 4th time now (my clubs top scorer with 106 league goals now), he along with my Goalkeeper and Centre Back are considered to be good signings for any Championship club, which im pretty happy about as i signed them for a free in my first season of the challenge. Hopefully they will be with me if i can make the Premiership, though that seems along way off at the min.

Just wondering how people have been finding the step from BSP to L2?

With Witton I told my board that we would avoid relegation, and we're around the 20th mark so the board are pleased. Knocking out some L1 teams in the cups has helped too.

But...and it's a fairly big one, I can't seem to get it right in the league. I'm getting flashes of brilliance from my team. I've got some good players (I'll stick some screen shots up after work) and they can knock it around well. But I've not won in the past 8 matches.

I'm getting a fair few draws so I think I can survive but does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tempted to alter my tactics so we play short ball, fast tempo and hope that my players are as good as I think they are.

Congrats ANnihilator666 on the way you dominated the Prem!! icon14.gif

Bedford - Championship - Season 2013/14 - End of Season Update

First season in championship and it was a great success. At the beginning I didn't have much hope of surviving by looking at the squads the rival teams had.. but the boys played great and no team dominated us. Finished 14th but much more close to a playoff place than the relegation zone. Extremely happy with the development of some of my youngsters, one of them gaining a first-team place.

Had a great run in the cups, in the league cup I eliminated West Ham and Man Utd icon_cool.gif before being eliminated by Chelsea in the Qtr Finals. In the fa cup I beat Birmingham after a reply, than swindon and got eliminated by Blackburn in the 5th round. Since I was making money losses every month.. these runs in the cups were very useful. icon_smile.gif

Had some improvements from the board now too. Finally they found a feeder (Dunstable) and a parent (Chelsea) club. They are always improving training and youth facilities and will expand the stadium by 3000 seats to a total of 8000 seats. Scouts can now scout all the continent not only UK. These things will help me with the fight for promotion next season. icon14.gif

Star Players:-

Button - great GK saved me sooo many times.

Connolly - signed in January and was in deadly form, made his first appearance for england too.

Paul Brown - been with me for a few years now (5) and gave him some first-team chances and I was impressed.

Results:-

Table| Graph

Confidence

Hemel Hempstead - BSP - 2012/13 End of Season Update

Well I had hopes of a playoff place before the start of the season, and without huge amounts of personelle changes I am very disappointed with only finishing 10th again.

Problems included my star new striker Nathan Jarman being out for large amounts of the season injured, and also a new midfielder getting sent off at every opportunity.

Did sign some good new young islanders again, so I should have some good players coming through in the near future.

Board did agree to give me a small training facilities upgrade, but they are still awful.

Table

Not sure what to think for next season. Probably need to sell some players as my wage bill is far too high.

Originally posted by leth4l87:

Congrats ANnihilator666 on the way you dominated the Prem!! icon14.gif

Bedford - Championship - Season 2013/14 - End of Season Update

First season in championship and it was a great success. At the beginning I didn't have much hope of surviving by looking at the squads the rival teams had.. but the boys played great and no team dominated us. Finished 14th but much more close to a playoff place than the relegation zone. Extremely happy with the development of some of my youngsters, one of them gaining a first-team place.

Had a great run in the cups, in the league cup I eliminated West Ham and Man Utd icon_cool.gif before being eliminated by Chelsea in the Qtr Finals. In the fa cup I beat Birmingham after a reply, than swindon and got eliminated by Blackburn in the 5th round. Since I was making money losses every month.. these runs in the cups were very useful. icon_smile.gif

Had some improvements from the board now too. Finally they found a feeder (Dunstable) and a parent (Chelsea) club. They are always improving training and youth facilities and will expand the stadium by 3000 seats to a total of 8000 seats. Scouts can now scout all the continent not only UK. These things will help me with the fight for promotion next season. icon14.gif

Star Players:-

Button - great GK saved me sooo many times.

Connolly - signed in January and was in deadly form, made his first appearance for england too.

Paul Brown - been with me for a few years now (5) and gave him some first-team chances and I was impressed.

Results:-

Table| Graph

Confidence

Hey a fellow Bedford Town manager, looks like your doing great. Any tactical tips to help me get out of League 2?

Also when did you first manage to get a stadium expansion?

Hey a fellow Bedford Town manager, looks like your doing great. Any tactical tips to help me get out of League 2?

I think using a tall target man and a fast striker was pretty useful for me, scored a lot and got promoted from playoffs in my first try in league 2 icon_biggrin.gif (was lucky too)

As for stadium expansion, the board expanded for the first time in my second season in league one.. and only by 300 seats icon_confused.gif lol In championship they make bigger expansions

Originally posted by leth4l87:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hey a fellow Bedford Town manager, looks like your doing great. Any tactical tips to help me get out of League 2?

I think using a tall target man and a fast striker was pretty useful for me, scored a lot and got promoted from playoffs in my first try in league 2 icon_biggrin.gif (was lucky too)

As for stadium expansion, the board expanded for the first time in my second season in league one.. and only by 300 seats icon_confused.gif lol In championship they make bigger expansions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info. Well my strike force worked pretty well last season helping me to score the 2nd highest in the league, but the defence was a different matter. Going to have to tinker with how far they push up as i was always caught in behind.

Wow it takes that long to get an expansion, and such a tiny one at that, i mean whats the point of an extra 300 seats? Looks like my dream of Bedford having a new 40,000 seater are going to take some time to fulfil,lol.

quick question

i see the full patch is now available is it possible to continue your current game once the patch is installed??

as i am currently in 2024 dont really want to have to start again, especially as i am doing pretty well.

on a side note a very brief

Chippenham Town Season 23/24 update

due to the lack of anything interesting happening and the appaling season that i had not really going to say much. Just that i am no longer in the premiership.

Came 20th in my first season so went straight back down. only managed 6 wins in the entire season and a grand total of 21 points, and a goal differnce of -77.

however played my first few months of the new season in the championship and am currently sitting 4th with 14 wins under my belt and only 5 points of 1st, in december so looks like there is a very good chance that i am going to head straight back up.

i see the full patch is now available is it possible to continue your current game once the patch is installed??

as i am currently in 2024 dont really want to have to start again, especially as i am doing pretty well.

yeh mate thats what I did, worked perfectly after installing the patch

heybridge swifts 2019-20 League 1

Disappointing season for the swift culminating in relegation despite winning the last 3 games, it was not enough as Huddersfield won their last 4 to prevent a great escape.

table

Two major reasons causing problems injuries; had 3 of my main 4 forwards out for over 2 months all togethor in mid season, and indiscipline over 100 bookings and 10 red cards.

A further blow is that we are losing money for first time as transfer income has all but gone and only 3000 people wont cover a 30000 wage bill. Still next season this will be near 20000 and the council must let us build on the ground.

A little disappointed but the challenge will continue, up the swifts!

Originally posted by Annihilator666:

Thanks guys!

Peljam, League Two was actually the only league in which I won promotion at the first attempt.

Hmmm doesn't look like I'll be doing that icon_frown.gif

Congrats on the premier win by the way!

Originally posted by Peljam:

With Witton I told my board that we would avoid relegation, and we're around the 20th mark so the board are pleased. Knocking out some L1 teams in the cups has helped too.

But...and it's a fairly big one, I can't seem to get it right in the league. I'm getting flashes of brilliance from my team. I've got some good players (I'll stick some screen shots up after work) and they can knock it around well. But I've not won in the past 8 matches.

I'm getting a fair few draws so I think I can survive but does anyone have any suggestions? I'm tempted to alter my tactics so we play short ball, fast tempo and hope that my players are as good as I think they are.

Well my board had the same expectations (fight against relegation) but after a rubbish start to the season my players started to adapt to the new league, we're now 3rd and only 4 points from 1st (in feb) so hopefully i'll be winning my 3rd succesive promotion icon_smile.gif

just stick with it matey, it was come... and if it doesnt, try to get some loanys they've helped me alot.

08-09 afc Wimbledon after an inconsistent start i managed to put a run together but the 3 teams above me have been undefeated for pretty much half a season so no hope of automatic promotion. although i have just finished and am about to start the playoffs

here goes ........

Originally posted by gfoley21:

08-09 afc Wimbledon after an inconsistent start i managed to put a run together but the 3 teams above me have been undefeated for pretty much half a season so no hope of automatic promotion. although i have just finished and am about to start the playoffs

here goes ........

what league is this?

Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gfoley21:

here goes ........

what league is this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry... dumb question, just saw the 08/09 bit icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Phil1987:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Peljam:

Well my board had the same expectations (fight against relegation) but after a rubbish start to the season my players started to adapt to the new league, we're now 3rd and only 4 points from 1st (in feb) so hopefully i'll be winning my 3rd succesive promotion icon_smile.gif

just stick with it matey, it was come... and if it doesnt, try to get some loanys they've helped me alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks icon_smile.gif There is hope then. It might just take some time. Hopefully the 2-0 win against halifax in the fa cup will move things a long too.

I've got Cedric Evina on loan. He's injured now icon_frown.gif but hopefully when's he back he'll tear up some defences for me.

Here's my team so far, bar the keeper. I'm hoping for big things from them when they start to play properly.

Defence LB - Jay Thomas

RB - Obeng

DC - S Clancy

DC - S Bath

Midfield

ML - A Townsend

MR - M Awang

MC - J Livermore

MC - C Jones

Backup - D Hutchins

Backup - J Bean

Strikers

SC - D Ward

SC - S Anson

Backup - S Beaumont

Backup - J Obika

Hopefully they'll drag the team to safety.

Guiseley - League 2 - October 2011 - Mini Update

Only 11 games into our first season in league football, but it's become quite intriguing already. We started off rather worryingly, conceding 16 goals in our first 6 league games, collecting just 4 points and going straight out of the League Cup and the JP Trophy.

Then all of a sudden, things changed. The defence figured out how to, well, defend, and things have improved nicely. Unbeaten in the last 5 games, picking up 11 points and conceding just 3, leaving us just inside the top-half in 10th place.

It looks quite promising, we've just sneaked a 1-0 win away against league leaders Cheltenham (in a game where there were 48 shots!).

Incidently, our away form so far is much better than our home. If we can improve things at Nethermoor, perhaps we can quickly see off our relegation expectations.

Just cursed myself? Probably.

Matt6 - Hitchin - 10-11 Review

Building for promotion

Pre-season

4 players released and 5 brought in over the summer, two higher profile signing were Ray Parlour and Sean Derry, hopefully the experience in the midfield will help the team. Lino Goncalves was brought in for a third season on loan, with Jamie Smith also spending the season on loan at Hitchin.

The friendly results were awful, every single game lost, all to lower opposition.

Media Prediction: 24th

August

The first move of the season was to appoint new signing Ray Parlour as captain and demote Joe Widdowson to vice-captain. The end of the month saw centre back Tom Moncur join on loan from Fulham. A very good start to the season.

Stats: W2 D2 L1

Position: 9th

Awards: 3rd Young Player of the Month: Dean Lyness

September

A poor month.

Stats: W1 D1 L5

Position: 19th

October

The poor form continued this month. Hitchin were knocked out of the F.A. Cup by rivals Stevenage.

Stats: W1 D1 L4

Position: 17th

November

A slight improvement this month.

Stats: W1 D1 L1

Position: 17th

December

Form seems to be hard to find at the moment.

Stats: W0 D1 L3

Position: 19th

Awards: 2nd Goal of the Month: Jamie Smith

January

Relegation is looking a very likely possibility unless this team can find some form.

Stats: W1 D1 L5

Position: 22nd

February

Chants of Going Down! Going Down! Can be heard from the opposing fans.

Stats: W1 D0 L4

March

A month of varying form. Striker Cyrus Sylvan-Vanterpool joined on loan from QPR in the middle of the month. On loan deadline day goalkeeper Craig Falco joined on loan from Millwall. A lot of work needs to be done to stay up, with Hitchin currently 8 points from safety.

Stats: W1 D2 L2

April

The worst month under my management, as Hitchin’s relegation from the Blue Square Premier was confirmed.

Stats: W1 D2 L3

Position: 22nd (Relegated)

May

One game against arch rivals Stevenage this month, a thrilling 3-3 draw is how Hitchin say goodbye to the division, with a tear in the eye.

Stats: W1 D0 L0

Position: 22nd (Relegated)

Summary

Final Position: 22nd (Relegated)

Fans Player of the Year: Sam Higgins

Originally posted by 1873Chris:

Just started with AFC Wimbeldon because i want to take them back to where they belong, but started pre-season and managed to get beaten of my own under 18s

Its going to be a long season

its all about getting sheringham on loan from palace, you'll have no probs getting promoted icon_smile.gif

Chippenham Town - BSS 2008/2009 - Season Complete

Well I have got to be honest, this has to be the most frustrating season I have ever played on any FM/CM series. No consistency whatsoever. As the league shows, plenty of losses coupled with a few wins, also notice the amount of goals scored and conceded. The goals scored were in no part due to this bloke who scored a hatful and was the only player in my team who actually looked liked he wanted to play football.

As the graph shows, after a good early season, the rest of the season was something of nothing, a few wins coupled with a couple of defeats meant I really got anywhere near either end of the table.

The aims of next season:

Sign a new goalkeeper

Sign a new defence (literally)

See if Matt Green will come back on loan next season

See if I can improve the consistency with a slight tactics tweak

Improve general squad and rid the dead wood

Another point of notice: squad

As you can see, not really much depth, and the depth that I do have have absoloutly no quality whatsoever.

I'm looking forward to pushing on next season, and hopefully aim towards the playoffs and automatic promotion. European competition seems sooo far away at the moment though icon_razz.gif

Grrrr! It's not that I'm unappy with the win but I can't for the life of me see why I've managed to get 1 draw, and 3 wins against L1 opposition this season but I'm still 21st.

This better spur them on.

AFC WIMBLEDON 08-09 end of season update

Well.. finished 4th and was promoted via a comeback in the playoff final.

Semi finals in FA Trophy and SS cup loosing both time to bloody oxford!!!!

Overall have a good team just need a few signings pre season to move on

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/finaltable.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/finances-1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/somerecords.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/confidencesummary-1.jpg

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd191/gfoley21/someofthetransfers.jpg

roll on 09-10 icon_smile.gif

Archived