dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by dafuge:

Is it just me, or do the values of the players who never get a game seem to randomly increase?

Two of my three most valuable players only have two starts between them.

Yeah, ive noticed that a couple of divisions down..

My reserve players was better valued than the players i actually played!

Now in championship it doesnt seem like it tho

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half season update

Table

Half season gone and i think i will achieve nothing at all this season! i dont think i will get into a relegation battle as im better then the teams below me! and i do not think i can push for a playoff spot, im getting to many draws!

I will be looking to do well in the FA cup, i got to 4th round last year, with some though draws(knocked out by chelsea) and this year ill hope to get to the 5th round.

Im meeting my feeder club guiseley in the 3rd round in just a minute, so i should make it to the 4th round.

On a second note my top striker bradshaw has already bagged in 20 goals in 20 apps.

Well, of to the cups!

Is it just me, or do the values of the players who never get a game seem to randomly increase?

Two of my three most valuable players only have two starts between them.

Yeh it happened to me too, sometimes my reserves wore worth 3 times my star player icon_redface.gif

Bedford - Premier League - Small Update

The start in premiership was good, first 3 games I got 3 wins, but then lost and drew some but when i beat newcastle

their manager said .. do u believe him? he's a crap manager so I don't lol

Although I hope he is right hehe

My most valuable player, worth £100k is a striker who has made 2 starts and 9 sub appearances with an average rating of 6.36.

My second most valuable player, worth £35k is my club captain who has made 31 starts with an average rating of 7.38.

icon_confused.gif

My most valuable player, worth £100k is a striker who has made 2 starts and 9 sub appearances with an average rating of 6.36.

My second most valuable player, worth £35k is my club captain who has made 31 starts with an average rating of 7.38.

icon_confused.gif

It seems a bit broken, especially in the lower divisions!

Billericay - Season 2008/09

Blue Square South.

The whole season went above expectations and I won the league (and got promoted).

All season it was a two horse race for the title, with me fighting it out with Dorchester.

Luckily I found a tactic that works very well and this, combined with my signings, resulted in the league win.

Final table

My finances are not that good (hey are in the red) but i'm hoping to off-load a couple of players for good money.

Finances

As I play with three strikers, I don't have an all-star striker.

I did however, get a young striker through at the start of the season, and although his main striker abilities (finishing: 9, composure: 11) aren't that good, he actually scored 11 goals in 29 matches (compared to my best striker, who scored 15 goals in 35 matches).

I also have a very tight defense (only conceeding 20 goals in the league).

Although I have to give a huge thanks to my goalkeeper, who has been absolutely brilliant during the season (not only in the leagye but also the different cups).

Team before season start 09/10

My transfers 09/10 (so far)

For some weird reason my chairman can't see the point in being a feeder club for a larger club (premier og championship) so I don't get any good loans. icon_confused.gif

I keep asking him but he just says no. icon_frown.gif

I thought I'd ask here before starting a new post in the forum and getting shot down for not looking (can't be bothered), but I find it very confusing that my chairman would see no point in finding me a parent club... benefits: young players on loan, for no wages, who we don't have to even play; a tidy cash sum every year; increased reputation (at a push) by association with a bigger club... i'm thinking Antwerp through Man Utd. cons: none off the top of my head.

So, the point of this rant is that I could understand if he couldn't find one, but to not see the point? Utterly bizarre, a mon avis...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aario:

Playing the game for the first time in ages and have just scored after 21 seconds icon_biggrin.gif - is this a record??

Fastest Goal - joshpmilton - Jay Rodriquez - 12 seconds - proof

Nope icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I kind of guessed it wouldn't be for the whole FM community - was just asking within our (sorry your!!) challenge game icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by 3Sixty:

I really don't understand how a manager who led the team from BBS to being Premiership champions is still not in the clubs favored personnel, what more do they want from me.

I was on the fav. personal at prescot cables, but then after a year i got removed!!

i got on it after winning some cup, cant remember witch one

But it seems a bit more difficult now.. i have won all the leagues i have played in! and i have won the setanta shield

Originally posted by kaNovi:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Sixty:

I really don't understand how a manager who led the team from BBS to being Premiership champions is still not in the clubs favored personnel, what more do they want from me.

I was on the fav. personal at prescot cables, but then after a year i got removed!!

i got on it after winning some cup, cant remember witch one

But it seems a bit more difficult now.. i have won all the leagues i have played in! and i have won the setanta shield </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm favourite person at Whitby Town, but have only won the BSN!!! Got on the list after that win, and on the list still having just taken them to League Two... icon_cool.gif

I seem to remember scoring after 21 seconds myself, thinking it was fast I was gutted to see that in the records thread.

We obviously play better football - 21 secs is the fastest you can get the ball forward if you pass it around - 12 secs is just long ball hoofing icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dafuge:

icon_confused.gif

It seems a bit broken, especially in the lower divisions! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure I read a post somewhere about this being related to how the game treats players with a high PA, and adjusting their value more because of this than their form/ratings etc.

Season 2011/12 Review - Tiverton Town in the Blue Square Premier

After just missing out on the playoffs last season, I was hoping to make it this year.

League Table

League Positions

Myself and Ebbsfleet were battling it out for the title all season, but I wasn't expecting the finale we got. After slowly making up a 4 point deficit to them, I got myself into the position of just one point behind them going into the final day. I was on fire and they had a tricky away trip to Grays. At half time I couldn't believe my luck when I saw they were 4-0 down. Unfortunately I was 2-0 down to Macclesfield. Throwing everything forward in the hope of salvaging a draw, they scored again.

Who am I meeting in the playoffs? Macclesfield icon_frown.gif

Squad

Transfers

Signed another foreigner thanks to Great Uncle Bulgaria, but he wasn't up to much. Despite his pace, acceleration, agility and stamina all at 1, I signed ex England international James Beattie. He had fitness issues to start off with but did a decent job.

Star Player

Signed on a free after being released by Crawley, he was on fire for the first half of the season. Looks like he'll miss the playoffs though which will be a massive blow.

If it's any consolation, I'm not a Hendon favourite either. ^^;

dafuge

i'll relate you a story regarding the queer player values, that i offered in the bugs forum before the patch.

in my original bedford town game i had 3 keepers who were all of similar ability. i had 2 in my first team and kept the youngest in the reserves. one day, while i was checking someone else's rather high value i noticed my reserve keeper was worth a staggering £90k in BSP. Now Bedford were only worth about £225k, so i put him up for sale...

The first couple of teams to show interest just made enquiries, but the next team made an offer. £3k?? what the... I was confused, and turned it down immeadiately.

when I'd got a couple more offers around this figure I got suspicious. I checked him out. He was definitely worth £90k, so i turned down all the offers and moved him into my first team. My thought being 'I'll give him a game. That'll get me a decent offer'

He played on the Saturday, and on Sunday I got another offer of about £2k. Annoyed I decided to put him back into the reserves. It was here I noticed his value had dropped. Yep, he was now worth £5k...

And before you ask, yes, after a brief spell in the reserves his value soared to an alleged £90k again...

Now I pretty much ignore all player values at my club...

icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

Wow, really pleased with this one. When they got that penalty I thought it was all over.

Here's hoping we can win the home leg.

Who did you have in the first knock-out round?

I had Inter for 2 years running both times they went on to win it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Valencia. Won 2-1 away after a goal on stoppage time and 3-1 home after a goal in the 89th minute and another on stoppage time. We seem to be doing well late in the games in general, actually.

I had Inter in my qualifying group though and had some serious trouble breaking them down. 0-0 at Giuseppe Meazza and 1-0 home after they got a player sent off in the 16th minute.

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 3Sixty:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

Wow, really pleased with this one. When they got that penalty I thought it was all over.

Here's hoping we can win the home leg.

Who did you have in the first knock-out round?

I had Inter for 2 years running both times they went on to win it icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Valencia. Won 2-1 away after a goal on stoppage time and 3-1 home after a goal in the 89th minute and another on stoppage time. We seem to be doing well late in the games in general, actually.

I had Inter in my qualifying group though and had some serious trouble breaking them down. 0-0 at Giuseppe Meazza and 1-0 home after they got a player sent off in the 16th minute. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I seem to be doing terrible in the late of a game. What do you do ? How old is your squad btw?

I seem to be doing terrible in the late of a game. What do you do ? How old is your squad btw?

Average age is 25. If I'm a goal down with 15 minutes to go, I go into the team instructions and set the mentality to all out attack and tempo to quick. I've scored countless goals this way, but it can be suicide away from home.

If I'm a goal up and want to guard the lead, I put the entire midfield and one of the forwards on backward arrows, lower the mentality to defensive, lower the tempo to just a notch over slow, passing style long, time wasting on max, tackling on hard and check the counter attack checkbox.

This works pretty well for me. I very rarely tweak the individual player instructions during a game.

Scab, kaNovi & 3sixty. Apologies that I'm not commenting on your glorious achievements.

It's not that you're on my list or that that I don't care, it's purely that it's hard to get my gead round your games because you are so far in the future ahead of the stage I'm at.

Sorry icon_frown.gif.

I'll tray and pay more attention from now on and see if I can catch up.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Scab, kaNovi & 3sixty. Apologies that I'm not commenting on your glorious achievements.

It's not that you're on my list or that that I don't care, it's purely that it's hard to get my gead round your games because you are so far in the future ahead of the stage I'm at.

Sorry icon_frown.gif.

I'll tray and pay more attention from now on and see if I can catch up.

Hehe, thats okay jimbo icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stuartuk75:

I feel sick, i've just noticed that I have a player history bug. I can't play on without these stats it'll drive me crazy.

history.

I have been dreading that returning icon_frown.gif.

I would have to restart too icon13.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hopefully my new game will draw me in as much as that one did. icon14.gif

Archived