dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

Originally posted by Spurs1979:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick-TheImps:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Deleted my holiday save after I wasn't getting any teams sub 1000 & made a new game with a new holiday man. Been lucky with this save as I've had Hendon, Boreham Wood, Chippenham, Carshalton, Banbury, Ilkeston, Gloucester & Mangotsfield come up since.

I can't decide on a team though, I really want Harlow Town but they're never going to come up icon_frown.gif

by any chance did keep those on a save game? :p </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did mate, not sure where to upload them but if you want any just catch me on msn (my e-mail is in my profile I think) & I'll happily send you whichever one you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Upload them to Rapidshare mate! icon_smile.gif

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by SSC:

So here goes, my first ever FM challenge after 10 years of playing the game. My team to be taken to glory?

Chippenham

Starting profile

Ok, well I am having to pop out, will get this baby started asap and report back with my findings!

Go Chippenham!

Right quick question to be answered by you guys on the forums, first response or 3 will suffice! I just reloaded the game on a chance of getting a lower rep team, I want a real challenge! With Chippenham at 900, I just got 850 with Mangotsfield! Saved my game by accident so im stuck with one of these two, which should I go with? aaah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SSC:

So here goes, my first ever FM challenge after 10 years of playing the game. My team to be taken to glory?

Chippenham

Starting profile

Ok, well I am having to pop out, will get this baby started asap and report back with my findings!

Go Chippenham!

Right quick question to be answered by you guys on the forums, first response or 3 will suffice! I just reloaded the game on a chance of getting a lower rep team, I want a real challenge! With Chippenham at 900, I just got 850 with Mangotsfield! Saved my game by accident so im stuck with one of these two, which should I go with? aaah </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm managing Mangotsfield at the mo, they're good fun, quite challenging, but your Parent club tends to send some good guys on loan icon14.gif

Can't comment on Chippenham i'm afraid.

Oh and i've managed to get consecutive promotions and am now in the Championship icon_wink.gif

End of Season Update - 09/10 BSP Boreham Wood

Not a bad season, I was never in any danger of relegation, or promotion. Just mid table all season long finally finishing in 12th place.

I signed a lot of players permanently this season which was my main aim after relying on loans far too much the previous year.

I really want to push for promotion next season now i'm established in the BSP. When I started this challenge I figured an average of 2-3 seasons at each level. I guess i'll see if I can maintain that aim in time.

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Originally posted by mag man:

Dafuge is it ok to holiday for 2 seasons? I have done this and a few different teams have been thrown up such as Tonbridge? There still allowed by the rules but I dont see people holidaying for 2 seasons.

I'm not dafuge icon_biggrin.gif but as far as I'm aware, as long as they are unplayable at the start of the game, I'm almost certain that its ok. Anybody can correct me if I'm wrong though.

Right ive taken up the challenge for Mangotsfield once and for all!

Starting Profile

At a loss how to start this, hardly any players and no staff. Should I sign staff before signing players or get offers on the go before I hit continue... Gonna be a tough first season icon_razz.gif

Welcome aboard!

I'd sign a scout and an Ass Man ASAP, at the same time trial as many players as you can.

If you can get a Parent club, try and get Tristan Plummer, he's well worth it icon_wink.gif

Mag Man - Tonbridge Angels - 10/11

I hadnt played much with my Margate team due to lack of time so with the patch i thought i would start again. It turns out I holidayed for 3 seasons rather than 2 as i mentioned earlier. By doing this a few random teams have popped up!!! I was hoping for Maidstone United but reloaded so many times and never got them so went with Tonbridge Angels as there still local and i know people who used to play for them.

Profile Picture

Dafuge let me know if its ok play with these, they follow the criteria but I have holidayed for longer just to see what comes up.

just a quick question.. I have been in league one for 2 years and now heading for promotion. But I can only have 2 scouts my board wont allow more and cant scout outside united kingdom.. is there a way to improve that or it is only improved by gaining promotions???

SSC, my advice to you at this stage is trial as many as you can. Don't expect to be able to get staff members in who are awesome because well there are few. Just go for 1 year contracts for people who can do a job for you.

At least then you can start to scout & have a realistic view on who may be interested in signing for you. Scour the top tier teams & who they released in the summer as you can pick a few players who have potential to be league one players for nothing & they're a good base to start your squad with.

My main piece of advice is ensure your strikers & midfielders have alot of pace, this is key for creating chances as they'll pick up lots of loose balls in & around the centre circle. If you can get a parent club & take a few loans on it's a big help, to be honest everyone has there favourite players but there are literally hundreds who can do the job for you & it's entirely upto you to decide who you want to use.

Good luck icon14.gif

Originally posted by leth4l87:

just a quick question.. I have been in league one for 2 years and now heading for promotion. But I can only have 2 scouts my board wont allow more and cant scout outside united kingdom.. is there a way to improve that or it is only improved by gaining promotions???

I suspect that when you get to the Championship you'll be allowed to scout Europe and hopefully have more staff.

Have you tried to hire more scouts? Soometimes the board say you cna only have a small number of staff but you can in fact get 1 or 2 more if you're lucky.

mag man

That is a valid team. When asked before about being sacked and then taking a newly promoted team with no BSN/BSS experience dafuge said it was OK.

Hopefully you kept a savegame of Tonbridge Angels from just before you took over, I suspect that a couple of other people would be interested in the save.

I suspect that when you get to the Championship you'll be allowed to scout Europe and hopefully have more staff.

Have you tried to hire more scouts? Soometimes the board say you cna only have a small number of staff but you can in fact get 1 or 2 more if you're lucky.

Yeh have tried that but the board always cancels the transfer.. that means I'll have to get promoted, currently I'm first but with 1 game more than the others. 14 games left

Bluesbots Halesowen Challenge 2010/11

And so Halesowen have finally achieved promotion from the BSN after finishing 1st.

Table 10/11

The Yeltz managed to finish a massive 29 points above their nearest rivals - a season which was helped by a influx of loan signing form new parent club Birmingham City although the manager was pleased that it was his own tactics that helped them win the title.

Originally manager Bluesbot was against having so many loanees but having played and lost to Nuneaton early in the season the manager was shocked to see that Nuneaton themselves had 10 loan stars at the time and by the end of the season had loaned a massive 25 players throughout the season.

Halesowen Squad

Halesowen kept trust in the staff that had mostly been there from the 1st season under Bluesbot

Staff

And all of them have been asked to contine for the following season

Bluesbot has also shown his skill in the transfer market by getting players for mostly free spendung just 19k whilst amassing a very respectable 425k in return.

Transfers in/out

A superb run in the FA trophy also saw Bluesbot lead his side to the final against BSP side Southport

It looked to be in the bag with Halesowen leading 2-1 with 88mins played, However Southport equalised to take the tie into extra time where they scored the deciding goal early on

tropy final

BSN Team Stats

BSN Players Stats

As for next season it will be a tough one especially due to the loan restrictions and signings will have to be made to ensure the clubs BSP survival.

Money should not be too much of an issue the club has a balance of 425k with another 100k due to the sale of midfielder Anthony Bruce to MK dons.

Signings from the 1st season Serge Makofo and Totti continue to play a major role in the clubs success, however time could be up for Shane Paul who is the only member of the side still to be at the club from before Bluesbots tenure.

Bluesbot has also signed a contract to continue managing the club until 2015

Attendances at Halesowen rose from 703 to 707 on average which is something the club needs to look at during the coming season

I might holiday 24 months & see if I can get some unused teams up for people to try, probably not today though as I'm halfway through my first season sitting top of the league & playing really well.

If only I had a goalkeeper who wasn't abysmal I'd probably be unbeaten in the league & with a tremendous goal difference, alas I don't & the muppett I use now is so dodgey I think he's taking a few bungs!

I might holiday 24 months & see if I can get some unused teams up for people to try

I'm doing this now, after quite a few failed attempts at seeing a team I actually want to manage, holidaying until the end of 2009 to see what is available then. Also, I made sure AFC Wimbledon & Chelmsford City were already up so they weren't going to get in the way next season!

Somehow I have survived my board takeover (it was just a director becoming chairman) and asked in December about a parent club.

Have to say I like my new chairman, he came back with a choice of Stevenage or Crystal Palace, and obviously I have chosen Palace.

Just into January and the mighty Hemel Hempstead are up to 8th in the BSS with a vary international looking squad (only 5 English). All foreigners have been trialled first and proof can be provided if needed.

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leth4l87:

mag man

That is a valid team. When asked before about being sacked and then taking a newly promoted team with no BSN/BSS experience dafuge said it was OK.

Hopefully you kept a savegame of Tonbridge Angels from just before you took over, I suspect that a couple of other people would be interested in the save. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was in Championship 3 years and i could only have 3 scouts and only scout UK

hmm.. thats not good, I'm upgrading the training and youth facilities now too.. maybe they will help? icon_confused.gif From my scouts and assistant I have France knowledge and some dutch and Belgian but can't scout the players, have to give them trials first icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by kaNovi:

It might be a combination of reputation and finances at the club.

I wish that the limit on staff wasn't there. Surely if you have space on your wage budget to get another guy in then you should be allowed to.

I guess that it's a little different with scouts as they do have expenses on top of their wages.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Yes

Managed to sign my best player who was on loan, when he was released by QPR!! have made some great signings so fare

He's much better in your game then in mine. He physical attributes weren't that good and I eventually sold him to a BSP side.

I suspect that Confidence will be re-calculated when the season actually starts and you play your first game.

Originally posted by spankie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kaNovi:

Yes

Managed to sign my best player who was on loan, when he was released by QPR!! have made some great signings so fare

He's much better in your game then in mine. He physical attributes weren't that good and I eventually sold him to a BSP side.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really ? In bss, for me he avr. 7.60, 6 gls , 12 assist and 7 MoM. in 30 games.. so he was really a big part of my promotion!

well another season passes by and King's Lynn are starting to look a more together team. With just over half a dozen transfers in i looked to strengthen the back line in what was to be a tough first season in the Blue Square Premiership.

Getting a prolific striker was a priority but never happened, my parent club Norwich sold Martin and would not loan back either of Campbell or Renton after i had made them into goal scoring successes in the previous season. So i was left with just about this squad apart from the likes of Reid, Schwarz, Hilton, Gailbraith, Grant and Wright as they are this seasons signings so far. I have since terminated my link with Norwich and my board provided Charlton as my new parent club.

As i said it would be a struggle this season and tipped to finish 24th/24..i set my sights on achieving the avoid relegation prediction, thus giving me just over 5.5k a week to spend on wages. The season was a bit patchy and we never rose above 12th, with a good start, a mediocre middle and a poor season finale saw us drop to 16th. Not a bad start i think.

My finances exceeded my expectation dramatically which in one month saw me take just over 200k profit. So i'm sitting pretty in the finance department but my board still won't give me a transfer budget for next season, i may haggle to drop my wage bill to get me some cash to bring in the elusive prolific striker i desperately need.

Club Confindence

Going to get a few new saves now but these will be from the 2nd season, already got Ramsgate on my 2nd reload so looks positive as I'd never seen them before in the 1st season holiday game.

Those links above worked for me Nick, not sure why they arent for you, let me know if they still come up with an error I'll re-try them somewhere else.

Going to get a few new saves now but these will be from the 2nd season, already got Ramsgate on my 2nd reload so looks positive as I'd never seen them before in the 1st season holiday game.

Those links above worked for me Nick, not sure why they arent for you, let me know if they still come up with an error I'll re-try them somewhere else.

I've had Ramsgate and Tonbridge Angels come up so far, saved both of those so I can put up the Tonbridge one too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Just got Staines icon14.gif

If Staines come then there must be hope for Maidstone United. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You'd have thought so, but I'm trying in vain to get Maidstone, have so far failed miserably! It's them or Folkestone Invicta, but I am getting bored of it now to be honest, I might just be Tonbridge.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

Just got Staines icon14.gif

was that holidaying for one year or two?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doing 2 seasons now, got a few teams I've never seen before & 2 that havent ever come up I think in Staines & Maidstone

Dafuge is it ok to holiday for 2 seasons? I have done this and a few different teams have been thrown up such as Tonbridge? There still allowed by the rules but I dont see people holidaying for 2 seasons.

Yes, that's fine.

You might need to contact Allan to adjust your starting year on the website though.

Archived