dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

2009/2010 season, Blue Square Premier, Bedford

Well not a great season. What i was expecting really, to be around the top 10, so 9th im pretty happy with considering i went a stretch of 13 games without a win, and then weirdly i won 8 on the bounce including 3 away games against teams in the top 4.

Table

The main problem is that i dont have a parent club and my board keep refusing to get me one, so im not getting any good players on loan.

On the plus side my team is built up of youngsters with the oldest person at the club being 22 and the average squad age of 19. Was probably one of the reasons i didnt go up as they were a little inconsistant but i think with one or two signings and my youngsters maturing i should certainly be battling it out for promotion next season.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First Season - AFC Wimbledon 08/09

This is the first time in a fair few years, where I'm going to attempt a challenge. A number of potentially good clubs became available, but decided that AFC Wimbledon would be a nice challenge.

My initial profile page!

Will let you know how things look at the end of my first season!

Chippenham Town - 2013/14 - Coca-Cola League 2 - Mid-season Update

We're above and beyond expectations so far, sitting 6th in the league, but yet again I can't help but feel disappointed. After being quick out of the box we stumbled a bit in October and November, eventually getting something going in December. Unfortunately, we fell out of the FA Cup in the 2nd Round, but not before picking up the £75,000 in TV money for our match with League 1 Luton. I've made a couple of January signings in the hope of bolstering our defence, which seems to be the real problem, but we're now well over the wage budget, and so had better earn promotion in order to prove our need for it.

Table

Graph

Results p1

Results p2

well at the third attempt i finally failed to beat the drop and bedford town were relegated from the BSP. and just in time for the end of my contract. awesome timing...

so i was more than a little surprised to find i was offered a new deal!

in order to complete the long term plan i'll need to go straight back up, but at least i'm not down and out yet...

i'll do a full summary later

Season 2015/16 Review - Hendon in the Coca-Cola Championship

I had a really good season this year. Off to a slow start - as usual - but after 20 somewhat shaky rounds we were top of the league and never dropped below 2nd. Ended up struggling the last 10 rounds or so, giving Barnsley the opportunity to pass us, which I largely blame on Luleyski, my goalkeeper and my best centrehalf all being unhappy at rejected bids for that entire period, performing below their usual standards. Cup results were unspectacular and I just barely met the board's expectations.

League Table

Got the forwards firing this season, though Luleyski had his worst season since joining the club. Then again, 25 goals, 8 assists and 6 MoM awards in 40 league games isn't something I'm about to complain about.

Past Positions

Reveals our dominance for most of the season as well as the late-season slump.

The Squad

Baker and McKay helping with the goalscoring a lot better than my other strikers did last year, but I still lack a really venomous midfielder. Almost all goals are coming from the strikers. Temmerman did well from corners despite his modest physical attributes, even earning a lot of "is winning everything in the air" comments in defence. It seems to me the Heading attribute has a bigger weight in who wins the aerial duels in FM08 than it had in FM07 where I always went for players with high Jumping, discarding any centrehalf with <15 in it.

Transfers

Didn't sell as many, but was well paid. Amazingly the club was still losing more than £500,000 a month while playing in front of 30,000+ crowds on Upton Park, so I don't know quite what to do about wages now that I'm back at newly-expanded 17,157 capacity Claremont Road. I can't exactly cut spending upon entering the Premiership if I want to survive...

Star Player

Same guy as always. I'm curious to see how well he can do in the Premiership, so unlike my thoughts on it last season, I think I'll keep him and find out rather than cashing in.

Jon Mills

Still progressing impressively compared to last year, though very little in the technical department. Coaches are still raving about him though. As promising as he is, I'm doubtful if I can afford to play him regularly next season. Looks like the Wales manager stopped calling him up as well.

Random Stats

Balance: £26,651,775

Wages: £154,954/£176,484

Average Attendance: 32621 (33122 in the league)

Media Prediction: 9th

Squad Average Age: 25

Training Facilities: Average

Youth Facilities: Excellent

Bedford - League 1 - Season 11/12 - Mid-Season Update

For this season my objective was to have as most players as I can that are mine. I have only loaned 2 players. As a result of this the total wage salary has gone up and now I'm not making the profit I used to do. At least this year I'm doing good in cups, maybe I'll get United or Chelsea.. they would do good for my balance icon_biggrin.gif In the league I am always near the relegation zone but also only 6points from the playoff region. I think I'll have to stay 2-3 years in league one in order to have a squad to challenge for the championship.

Current Squad

Table

Transfers

Future January Transfers

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 18/19 - Championship

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - Christian Leblanc

Fans' Player of the Year - Christian Leblanc

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

At the start of the season, I wasn't really expecting much. I was targetting a mid-table finish, and after a decent start it seemed like that's where I was going to finish. But then my top goal scorer kicked into action and a fantastic run from about game 15 onwards saw me finish 2nd in the league to win promotion to the Premier League! Going into the last game of the season I was in 2nd place, ahead of 3rd placed Southend on goal difference. I knew I just needed to equal Southend's result (or better it) on the last day, but I ended up losing to Sunderland. However, luckily for me, Southend lost to Millwall.

However, I don't know if I can survive in the Premier League. My scouts came up with decent players for the Championship, but they haven't offered up anyone really good recently so I think I'm gonna struggle. Also, I still don't have an expansion on my 10,000 stadium - instead, it's being made into an all-seater (there were only 1500 seats before), and I lose 2,000 of my capacity for 9 months while the work is being done, just to end up with a stadium that's the same capacity. icon13.gif

how much money do u need to have to make a stadium expansion??? I have 1.3million with Bedford and every time I ask the board for an expansion they tell me there aren't enough funds. I need an extension because the stadium is always full.. only 3000 capacity icon_frown.gif

Originally posted by shaggy61:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshpmilton:

Hard luck mate, that's got to be close to a new latest goal scored record I'd think. Not that it makes it any easier on you at all.

On a side note, it's good to see Gillingham languishing in the Blue Square Premier!

yes i've had better moments than this

late late show

always next season but i've just made first major decision, selling my top keeper for 1mil+25% to championship side leicester, having told my board i'll get promoted this season! Oh well time will tell </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the conclusion of my 10th season of Dafuge's wonderful challenge i have started to wonder what i've done to deserve all this from the game! It seems hell bent to beat me! It wont however! Maybe i pressed the invisible hard button at some stage?

Followers of Shaggy's updates have been aware of my start at Whitby, success i considered achieved following promotion in the second season(2009-10 that is) and consolidation the following year by finishing 8th in the BSP. However due to the confidence bug i was sacked.

Not too downheartened Heybridge swifts offered me the next chance to reasses my potential. Gradual progress was made under a chairman who wanted to leave and the fans based in essex not wanting to watch BSN matches.

Promotion came in 2014 and consolidation too, excellent transfer dealings provided profits as well. Trophies in form of the Setanta shield arrived in 2016 and 2017 and FA Trophy final defeat as well. Indeed 2017 the team were denied the chance to return to Wembley as a result of the late goal above.

Still trying the Swifts bounced back to storm to top of the table come April 2018 and the final of FA Trophy once more. Yet the game still seems to want to destroy me as you can see from final table the top teams really went at it hammer and tongs Honoustly 98 points and only finish 3rd! Is this a record?

table

And just to make things tougher i've got FA TRophy final sandwiched between the play off semi finals!

Never mind onwards upwards the Swifts will not be defeated.

Season Tracker

Heybridge Swifts

2018- BSP 3rd 98pts

2017- BSP 4th 87pts Set Shield

2016- BSP 13th 58pts Set Shield

2015- BSP 19th 52pts

2014- BSS 1st 81pts Promotion

2013- BSS 6th 65pts

2012- BSN 16th 50pts

Whitby Town

2011- BSP 8th 73pts Sacked

2010- BSN 3rd 82pts Promotion

2009- BSN 2nd 75pts

AFC Wimbledon - 2008/09 - Blue Square South

This is the first time where I'm going to attempt a challenge like this - I'm not normally that successful with this game!

I decided to therefore go with AFC Wimbledon

Will let you know how things turn out!

Could I just ask how so many of you got/are getting Andy Caton to score so many goals? All he seems to do for me is sprint through the defence continually but never score!

Heybridge Swifts 2017-18 BSP

table

Not too much to say after earlier posts, other than we finally came through!!!

Barnet 1-2 Heybridge play off 1

Heybridge 2-0 Gillingham FA Trophy final

Heybridge 0-0 Barnet play off 2

play off final

The boys that did us proud

team

All in all after my doubts success was achieved, obviously i would have like to have won the BSP but 98 points is a fair efort to come 3rd. The team did well cosidering Keeper, Left Back, Left Wing, Left side utility and Striker of various abilities, ages, and value all departed before or during last season.

ins and outs

Laonee gk Robinson did well, and decision of Fulham to loan me LW Euastace proved crucial into letting me sell star winger Williams for 500k +50%. Obviously with 100k per month now incoming bank balance is starting to look good. 2.3mil in bank, just a shame more fans don't want to come watch us play.

Onto next season, off to find some strengthen the defence ASAP!

are my board taking the pee

after making £500,000 over the last 2 seasons the board only gave £50,000 to spend in the transfer market this season and now they want to pay themselves huge bonuses

i can see it now get promotion at end of season and get relegated the next season because of no money to spend what a board of directors

Well its not often that i'd post about a specific match that i have had, but this one was quite the viewing

match

What makes it a little more unbelievable was...

table

yep it was 1st at home to 2nd. Apart from that my 2nd season in the Blue Square Premier has been going pretty well soo far and my defence was looking quite tight. As usual for the 3rd season running Mr Pringle has been saving my bacon though.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Some good news here. icon14.gif Expected tomorrow evening if all goes to plan.

Looking forward to getting started at the weekend then icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

\o/

I have a week off work starting Saturday, so timing is spot on. icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crispypaul:

I'll be having a crack at this challenge hopefully later this week, new patch permitting.

Just a quick question about past experience: on the first page it says this should be "Sunday League Footballer". However, I thought the lowest setting was actually "Automatic", as this was also used in the last two challenges. Could someone confirm what this should actually be?

Last year, we experienced some people getting higher reputations due to their age on the assumption that automatic was choosing the most appropriate reputation for them, so it was changed to Sunday League Footballer so that everyone would get the lowest reputation.

Turns out it didn't make the slightest bit of difference, people's reputations are exactly as they have been for the last two years. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I see. Cheers. icon14.gif

Tiverton Town

Well I have not updated at all in the last 3 seasons. I feel that a lot of progress has been made, and its only a matter of time until I gain further promotion.

Basically, to sum it all up, without photos as I'm now past that, and when I did post above, not many people commented icon_wink.gif

3rd season, 2010/2011 was in the BSP, first season in. More or less just getting used to everything, and ended up finishing 12th.

4th season, 2011/2012 was in the BSP again, and ended up dominating after a bit of tweaking, getting 1st, and heading to League 2 by 2 pts.

5th season, 2012/2013 was in League 2. I played this season rather fast, and with my 4 guys on loan from Plymouth, Anthony Mason, Hopkinson, McCaul, and Gerring, I somehow ended up in 4th place. I was very upset however, as I was 1 pt away from 3rd, (tied for 4th, but lost on GD), so I had to go through with the playoffs. In the playoffs, I ended up losing both legs to Torquay, who ended up losing on penalties later on, so another season of League 2 football it is.

Im excited by the fact that my wage budget jumped from 17K to around 39K, and that my transfer budget is now hovering at over 525K as I told the board I would make a title challenge. Im sure I can live up to those expectations.

I just renewed my contract, and am making 1,200 a week, while the board just decided to upgrade the training facilities.

In this long window, I will focus on upgrading my staff, hopefully pushing to expand the stadium, and securing the best possible 11 I can, so I can roll through League 2 this time around, and not even for one second, doubt my ability to gain promotion.

Until then, keep it classy.

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Yeh, looking forwards to it.

Any idea of who you want to be? or anyone else for that matter?

I think I'm just going to take over a team promoted on the first reload I think. Not too bothered who really. Just want to get into it.

I know I dont want to be Hendon. Boreham Wood, Ilkeston or Stamford since I have already tried them this year.

I'd like a club that I can get a parent for in the first season as doing 18 seasons with a chairman that couldnt see the point in making links was painful.

Not too bothered about which club I'll pick, will probably patch, and then restart around 100 times to see if I can get any of the clubs that havent been picked that much so far.

Originally posted by kaNovi:

Btw ! if i scout an competetion like european championship or olympics etc. and my scout find some guys who are outside where i normally can scout, would it be okay to sign them then ??

If your scout has scouted them then I don't see it being a problem. Only my opinion though.

POP QUIZ

For those of you who have seen my updates regarding the progress of Andy Caton I have just been offered a million quid for him. He has scored 146 in 216 games.

I get 70% of all sales towards my transfer budget.

I am in league 2, having just played 2 games this season.

My aim for the game was to get Andy Caton playing for me in the Premiership

Is a million quid too good to turn down?

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My aim for the game was to get Andy Caton playing for me in the Premiership

Unless you really need the money then keep him. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I rejected it.

Yes - money would be great but I looked on search options for similar players and my immediate choice was limited.

I think any club normally in this division would accept. They could bank half and use the rest towards squad improvements.

Unfortunately, I have become too attached to the guy to sell him.

JIMBOKAV - remind you of anyone??

Originally posted by Gilbster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Yeh, looking forwards to it.

Any idea of who you want to be? or anyone else for that matter?

I think I'm just going to take over a team promoted on the first reload I think. Not too bothered who really. Just want to get into it.

I know I dont want to be Hendon. Boreham Wood, Ilkeston or Stamford since I have already tried them this year.

I'd like a club that I can get a parent for in the first season as doing 18 seasons with a chairman that couldnt see the point in making links was painful.

Not too bothered about which club I'll pick, will probably patch, and then restart around 100 times to see if I can get any of the clubs that havent been picked that much so far. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've decided that I want either; Boreham Wood, Chippenham Town, Staines, or Frickley. The latter two are unlikely to come up so probably Chippers will be where I go but I shall see. icon14.gif

3Sixty's Chippenham Town update 2018-2019

This is just going to be domestic, I'm giving Europe its own section.

Anyway...

Another great season, played some sexy football which really impressed me.

Table

Personally i thought 4th was a great finish, the last day was quite amusing

Arsenal started the day in 2nd, liverpool in 3rd , me in 4th and spurs in 5th. Somehow arsenal missed out icon_biggrin.gif.

Graph

As you can see we were there or there abouts pretty much all season, wish i could have held that 2nd spot though icon_frown.gif

Transfers

Only the one big money transfer, someone i have been trailing for about 2/3 years, he was worth the wait.

The Squad

All the goals spread out pretty well between my 3 main strikers, along with rose chippin' in 15 from center mid.

The Key Men

GK - Bartosz Bialkowski - Immense all season, looked like a man possessed at times.

DR - Andy Bryant - Been turning down offers for him all season, was worth it to see him get young player of the year

DC - Mario Valls - Rated 2nd best young player of the year, Mr Consistency.

MC - Danny Rose - Another good season, massive in Europe.

ST - Takahiro Kobayashi - When he wasn't scoring them, he was making them, always involved in the good football.

Chippenham's Crazy Euro Tour

Euro Cup 1st Round

Our first game was away, something i wasn't looking forward to, however i turned out to be against Torpedo Kutaisi a seriously soft Georgian side.

Result:

Torpedo 0-6 Chippenham

Goals: Lukas Jutkiewicz(3) Danny Rose(2) Joseph Lowe

And the return leg

Result:

Chippenham 3-0 Torpedo

Goals: Satoshi Ninomiya, Danny Rose(2)

The Group Stage

I was a 4th seed for the draw, so knew i was going to get 3 teams that were "Better" than me.

The Group:

Athletico Madrid

RC Lens

Trabzonspor

Chippenham Town

Slazburg

My first game was against the giants that are At. Madrid, lucky for me it was at home.

Result:

Chippenham Town 1-1 At. Madrid

Goal: Takahiro Kobayashi

Next up Salzburg away, nothing like a nice trip to Austria.

Result:

Salzburg 1-2 Chippenham Town

Goals: Joseph Lowe(2)

Then we played host to Trabzonspor and we needed a late late goal.

Result:

Chippenham 1-0 Trabzonspor

Goal: Inaki Arroyo

With qualification now in the bag, i decided to rest a few players for the next game, away to Lens.

Result:

RC Lens 2-0 Chippenham

My first European defeat hurt.

That was the group stages done and dusted, lets see what the draw throws up.

1st Knockout Round

Those lovely people at Uefa paired us against the Turkish giants Fenerbache, great.

First leg was at home, this is were i need to do 'em.

Result:

Chippenham Town 1-1 Fenerbahce

Goal: Lukas Jutkiewicz

Ah, not quite to plan, they took an early lead and i had to chase them down.

On to the 2nd Leg...

Result:

Fenerbahce 3-4 Chippenham.

Goals: Lukas(2) Takahiro Kobuashi Casper

We were 2-0 up after 8mins, never looked back, big result, also a rare goal for casper, who featured very little this season.

2nd Knockout Round

Phew that was close back in Turkey glad to be out of there... Until the draw pairs us with Galatasaray, thats our 3rd Turkish team so far.

First leg was in Istanbul and i was expecting the worst.

Result:

Galatasaray 2-1 Chippenham

Goal: Fabio Faria (Own Goal)

I couldn't even score...

Even so, its an away goal, now take them back to our place and stuff 'em.

Result:

Chippenham 3-0 Galatasary

Goals: Inaki Arroyo, Joseph Lowe(2)

Turns out they are a bunch of woman away from there own stadium, get in.

Qtr Final

Surely not another Turkish team? Nope, uefa have taken a bung they gave me Scottish side Falkirk, thats nothing to what i've been though i thought.

1st leg at home, easy beat them by 3 or 4 give the fringe players a run out in the 2nd leg...

Result:

Chippenham 2-2 Falkirk

Goals: Flavio, Takahiro Kobayshi

Well that went wrong, was 2-0 down at half time, read the team the riot act made some subs, and it paid off.

On to the 2nd leg, no 0-0 or 1-1 i told myself, i couldn't live with it.

Result:

Falkirk 0-2 Chippenham

Goals: Daniel Earls (Own Goal), Lukas

Never doubted them, except when we went 1-0 and then my keeper had to be superman, batman and the incredible hulk all rolled into one.

Semi Finals

The draw paid us with RC Lens, a chance to get some revenge for them beating us in the group stage. I fancied us at home, but they beat us 2-0 in France last time.

First leg was at home...

Result:

Chippenham 1-0 Lens

Goals: Lukas

I was pleased, we should have won by more, but you could see Lens' game plan, on to the away leg.

Result:

Lens 2-1 Chippenham

Goal: Takahiro Kobayashi

Nothing like and 88th minute goal to send you though to a final on away goals icon_biggrin.gif

The Final

The other Semi was Torino Vs Portsmouth, i must admit i was cheering for Tornio, as i cannot beat Portsmouth for love nor money.

Torino won and set up a final in the beautiful city of Prague.

Result:

Torino 1-3 Chippenham

Goals: Damien Le Tallec (Own Goal), Danny Rose, Lukas.

First things first, that attendance looks a tad low, but anyway WE WON.

Shocking game really, all the goals were scrappy and all in the first 33mins, after that, i handed over to my big man in Goal, who produced the best individual performance i have ever seen from a keeper, how he didn't get a 10 is beyond me. They must have had about 4 penalty shouts, but luck was with me and all turned away.

Sorry of the overly long update, was just pleased with my first big trophy. icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Scab:

There's a Prescot Cables save here: http://83.227.119.167/

I got it from a link posted somewhere earlier in this thread.

I've been reloading my game for hours to see if Prescot Cables will get promoted and nearly gave up hope until i found this link but it doesnt seem to be working for me, does anyone know why?

Originally posted by Timma:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

I've been reloading my game for hours to see if Prescot Cables will get promoted and nearly gave up hope until i found this link but it doesnt seem to be working for me, does anyone know why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I took the mirror down a short while after the main site got back up again. I guess it doesn't have a Prescot save, though. :/

Maybe someone can reupload it? I don't have the .fm file anymore.

Originally posted by Scab:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Timma:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scab:

I've been reloading my game for hours to see if Prescot Cables will get promoted and nearly gave up hope until i found this link but it doesnt seem to be working for me, does anyone know why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I took the mirror down a short while after the main site got back up again. I guess it doesn't have a Prescot save, though. :/

Maybe someone can reupload it? I don't have the .fm file anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh right, thanks for that Scab.

Anyway i've decided to start as Gloucester City as they are fairly local to me. But if someone had a save of Prescot Cables or Folkestone that they could upload i would be very grateful.

Archived