dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Cannot Believe it.

After reading on here a few times about the attendances bug, and how they average about 1500 when you get an expansion has happened to me.

It was one of those things i thought 'nah, wont happen to me. jus some other misfortunate souls.'

I am in season 5 with Billericay, and really enjoying. Built up a great young squad and am sitting 3rd just after xmas in Lg 2.

Board Expand stadium. Completes on the 31st Dec. First game home to Col U, att 4950. Brilliant, hasnt happened to me. Next 3 games average 1500, a level i havent experience since BSS.

Words cannot describe how angry i am! Feels like ive wasted a load of my time.

Also, The Patch is included in my game. It has been installed before i even started this save.

Please dear god tell me there is something i can do. Help meeeeeeee! Please!

Originally posted by ncfcgee:

Dafuge, hate to post this here but not sure what else to do, i tried signing up on the website but have recieved no validation email, even tried resending but it says it can't and to contact you but the contact link wont work either, it just sends me back to the validation page, any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif

give me a shout at allan@dafugeschallenge.com

Originally posted by Boycey1987:

I Cannot Believe it.

After reading on here a few times about the attendances bug, and how they average about 1500 when you get an expansion has happened to me.

It was one of those things i thought 'nah, wont happen to me. jus some other misfortunate souls.'

I am in season 5 with Billericay, and really enjoying. Built up a great young squad and am sitting 3rd just after xmas in Lg 2.

Board Expand stadium. Completes on the 31st Dec. First game home to Col U, att 4950. Brilliant, hasnt happened to me. Next 3 games average 1500, a level i havent experience since BSS.

Words cannot describe how angry i am! Feels like ive wasted a load of my time.

Also, The Patch is included in my game. It has been installed before i even started this save.

Please dear god tell me there is something i can do. Help meeeeeeee! Please!

Have a look in the information page for your team, what is your stadium capacity?

Yeah I Have Just Checked. It has gone down to 1535. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! icon13.gif Words cannot describe the pain! Is there anything i can do at all do you know? icon_confused.gif

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

It was fixed with the updated version of the beta patch, but this was too late for me. This is the reason I am waiting for the full patch before starting a new game.

i thought starting it with the new patch would elimate the danger!

Obviously Not!

Have you tried playing on with the small stadium and seeing what happens? Maybe if i get promoted they will expand the stadium again?

Or do u reckon the same thing will happen.

Its so frustrating. Do you know who i can email in regards to a little complaint?

It is such a big bug for a game to have!

Sorry to keep going on at you, im at my wits end!

i thought starting it with the new patch would elimate the danger!

Obviously Not!

Have you tried playing on with the small stadium and seeing what happens? Maybe if i get promoted they will expand the stadium again?

Or do u reckon the same thing will happen.

Its so frustrating. Do you know who i can email in regards to a little complaint?

It is such a big bug for a game to have!

Sorry to keep going on at you, im at my wits end!

My board only added around 300 seats, which meant I lost a lot of money which meant my chairman sold off my best two players.

If this has happened with the updated beta patch I would report it in the bugs forum asap.

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Just had SuperKyle score a winner in the 95th minute, what's even better is there was only susposed to be 3 mins of injury time icon_biggrin.gif

Glad to see someone on the right end of extra injury time. I have lost far too many matches to last minute goals scored after injury time should have finished.

Bedford Town - Blue Square Premier - 2012/13

well, it was another sucky season in the BSP. i'm honestly starting to think this is as high as i'm ever going to go. just a mediocre bottom half of the table club, until my luck runs out and i go down.

i thought this was going to be over this season, but as the graph shows i threw together some performances in the final third and saved it.

finished in 17th

the dismal graph

the team stats

as you can see from the above, i owe every success i've had to Andy Caton.

He's the only survivor of my original team, his name fills the records screen and he's been fan's player of the year for all of the 5 years i've played.

plans for the next season?

avoid the drop, again. i'm expecting another tough year. i've been selling off my average players as offers come in to keep the books balanced, and bringing in other players of a similar standard on a free, but i'm not really progressing...

mid season update 2013/14

as expected we're just hanging around the relegation area, just keeping our noses out of it at the moment...

but i just had to post this!

incredible. they're 3rd in league 1, i'm 18th in BSP, and my reward is a trip to championship bradford.

this has done wonders for my bank balance icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by 3Sixty:

Just got a commercial feeder club.

Some Japanese team, to bad we're playing like rubbish.

Well done on the Japanese feeder.

Really wish theere was a sack board option. I'm in 2025, and still they cant see the point of any sort of affiliates, think our basic training and youth facilities are acceptable, and we cant afford any sort of expansion to our 5000 capactity stadium (250 seated).

Since its my second season in league 1, I wish my board would start taking my requests seriously.

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Just had SuperKyle score a winner in the 95th minute, what's even better is there was only susposed to be 3 mins of injury time icon_biggrin.gif

Of course now the game has decided to spite me by injuring my three remaining first choice defenders (fourth one was sold by my chairman) with just four games to go whilst I try and cling onto first place and promotion out of the Blue Square North.

Played two with Billaricay (finally learn't how to spell it) it's looking good considering i've played the teams predicted 2 and 5, first match was a gutter, 3-2 defeat, all their goals were identical, crosses met by the head, with no challenge from my defence, brough in a defender with good heading stats though, i got a shock 2-1 win against promotion favorites Havent and Waterlooville, thanks to a late goal on the break. I don't think it will be a first season promotion, but once my players mature and go through my strict training, we should be getting up with the big boys.

Gloucester City - League One - 2013/2014 - End of Season update

League Table

We started the season very slowly but go on track around Christmas and were always around the playoffs.

Playoff Semi Final Leg 1

Playoff Semi Final Leg 2

Not to convincing but we had it in the end, my two forwards, who have come on leaps and bounds this season, played brilliantly as usual and won us the game.

Playoff Final

Not much to say really, just really convincing and never in danger of loosing.

Danny Ward

Seb Lake-Gaskin

The previous seasons I've been playing with only one forward but I decided to change it in the middle of the season and it payed off because Ward and Lake-Gaskin have been fantastic, especially Lake-Gaskin who scored 42 league goals, a Tigers legend already!

I'm already in November of the 2014/2015 season so and doing quite well in League One, probably come in with an update soon.

7 Games without a win and we go and turnover Arsenal 1-0.

Football is a beautiful game at times.

Scrap that.

It was 7 straight defeats.

Then we beat Arsenal and then beat Man Utd at there place.

Done the double over Man Utd this season. icon_biggrin.gif

Stamford - League 1 - 2024/25 End of Season Update

Due to the excessive amount of money given out with the end of season league bonuses, and the prize money nowhere near matching it, my finances have been going down, and as a result my chairman started selling my top players over the top of my head. I had to offer them to other clubs at higher fees to try and get what I wanted for them.

Despite losing a couple of really good players, I managed to get in some new players, some of them who are going to be new stars for me. However their wages are crippling me and I was around 10k over budget all season.

I am in desperate need of a stadium expansion as the fans flocked to see our second season in league one, and we ended with an average attendance of 4964 (capacity is 5000), and its about 150 higher than last season. However the board say we cant afford one, which although I agree with, I dont think we can go on in this league without more capacity.

In terms of the football, the team performed way above my expectations all season and finished 2 points off the play off positions, in 7th. Not unhappy with this, as the team I dont feel are ready for promotion quite yet.

Managed to sign a good looking young striker from Man U reserves. In his first match he got sent off, and it got upped to a 3 match ban. Just before the ban was up he managed to get a cruciate ligament injury which of course put him out for the rest of the season, and got him swiftly sent back to Man U.

Table

Graph

Confidence

Transfers

Aims for next season

Sort my finances and wage bill out

Hope despite lack of finances that I can get a stadium increase

Hope that my chairman may finally see some sense and upgrate other facilities, or give me an affilliate or 2.

Failing that stay in League 1 and possibly push for promotion.

Sign a new DR

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 15/16 - League One

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - James Dunn

Fans' Player of the Year - James Dunn

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

Finally achieved promotion at the third time of asking. Going into the last match of the season, Coventry and Swindon were both at the top on 92 points, with me trailing in third on 89 points. Coventry were actually playing Swindon in the final game, so I needed to pick up a win and hope that the Coventry vs. Swindon game didn't end in a draw. Thankfully, everything went well as I picked up the win I needed, and Coventry beat Swindon.

Had a good run in both the League and FA Cups, so the board's pretty happy with me right now... icon_biggrin.gif

Bedford - Square Premier 09/10 - End Season

I started greatly in the Blue Square Premier, and was always 10-12 points above the 2nd placed team but about march I had 4 key injuries.. none of my loaned players available and I had some difficulties, I slipped to third. It was a tight battle till the end but I finished second. In the playoff semi-final I had a tight battle with Mansfield but I won icon_biggrin.gif The playoff final was much easier.. was winning 3-0 with exeter until they scored to late goals but I had dominated. So I got promoted to league 2 icon_biggrin.gif

Have more than 1million(euros) in bank balance, and the club has gone pro! icon_smile.gif I think I have made 3-4 quality signings for league 2, only problem is that almost all my forward line is loaned.. hope to get promotion for the third successive year but it will be more difficult now.

Final Table

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/lethal87/snap0001.jpg

Transfers for league 2

Originally posted by Gilbster:

New Stadium Announced well the board are putting me into a large debt to build it, so I doubt I will have any money for transfers or possibly even wages this season. Just hope I can hold onto some good players so I can push for promotion.

I had to pay £38m for 4,000 extra seats and no under soil heating.

Glad the patch as sorted that out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gilbster:

New Stadium Announced well the board are putting me into a large debt to build it, so I doubt I will have any money for transfers or possibly even wages this season. Just hope I can hold onto some good players so I can push for promotion.

I had to pay £38m for 4,000 extra seats and no under soil heating.

Glad the patch as sorted that out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow that makes me feel a lot better. My new stadium will double my capacity, which has to be good enough to last for a while. My debt is due to be paid back by 2040.

Originally posted by rlipscombe:

congratulations on a good season, despite the play-off defeat. sure you'll bounce back stroner next year!!

a couple of questions on your squad. i have Hotchkiss in my team and he was BSN player of the season 2008/09. have you had him all the way through, and if not, how much did he cost you?? interested in his value you see... Do you play him in midfield alongside steven morrison? i have just signed him as well and am curious as to whether they can play together.

good luck next season!!

I play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 through the centre of the park, so hotchkiss either plays as an MC or AMC, and also as a backup forward. I retrained Morrison so that he can play DM in addition to his normal MC role. I got them both on free transfers at the start of the 08/09 season. I'n now at the end of 2014 in the Championship. Hotchkiss is still a 1st teamer, but morrison saw limited action this season and is on his way. Hotchkiss is my team's all time leading player in both goals and appearances.

Halesowen Town 2013/2014

Championship - Media prediction 22nd

This was always going to be a rebuilding season from an early stage, as most of the players who had served me well through league one and two would now be out of their depth. A large amount of squad building too place, with deadwood being sold where possible, otherwise released, and £900k spent on strengthening for the future, both in the form of players to slot straight into the first team, and young talent from across europe (after the relaxation of my scouting restrictions.

On the pitch, The season was defined by two streaks of results. My form was consisently inconsistent up to december, with lower mid table the order of the day, before a 12 match streak without a league win saw me slide towards the relegation spots, ruling out any chance of an unlikely playoff run. The team however rallied to put together a total of 22 points from 9 games though February and March to pull me into a safe and sweat free 17th at the end.

Table

Graph

Portsmouth had a point deduction for the second successive season, as did preston, In both cases denying a playoff run. Blackburn were also deducted points, resulting in thier relegation from the Premier League

Top scorer was an Italian attacking midfielder. Striker was a problem position all season, and one still to be plugged this offseaason.

Top scorer

My ground capacity is now over 13000, with further renovations promised. Further improvements to youth facilities to look forward to also. My last set of revovations were offset by a £5.75M loan, which has eaten into my bank balance over the course of the season.

Hopefully challenge for the playoffs next time round.

hey guys, I barely have enough time to play let alone post on here. I am in my 4th season in 2012 sitting in 4th place in league 1. My contract is running out, will I get offered a new one?

I am not running any patches. Obviously been very successful so far but I am a bit scared incase I dont get a new contract due to a bug.

Hey Guys,

Have a general question really, im in my 2nd season after being promoted in my first but my club is still a semi-professional one with the rest of the division seemingly professional. Just wondering what it takes for my chairman to change the clubs status to professional. Is it based on league performance/finances etc? As im mid table - looking down rather than up though, and i have a little in the bank not alot, 150K or so. Just hoping someone might be able to tell me if theres anything i can do to speed the process along, or when it might happen and just shed a little light on it for me.

Thanks

3Sixty's Chippenham Town Update 2016-2017

Again we left it to the final game of the season to secure our place in the premier league.

Table

Getting a draw on the final game of the season against premiership holders Man City was enough to save me, and send them down.

Graph

I guess i was never in the title race icon_biggrin.gif

Transfers

Including...

Flàvio - Great stats for just 80k, didn't play to well, but he is just settling in.

Mario Valls - A rock in defense, just what i needed.

Lukas Jutkiewicz - Was my top scorer in the end, saved me so many times. Finances

Are looking pretty good. Not sure how the Commercial Feeder club thing works exactly, but hopefully ill bring in even more money from them.

Club Info

Originally posted by adamc81:

Hey Guys,

Have a general question really, im in my 2nd season after being promoted in my first but my club is still a semi-professional one with the rest of the division seemingly professional. Just wondering what it takes for my chairman to change the clubs status to professional. Is it based on league performance/finances etc? As im mid table - looking down rather than up though, and i have a little in the bank not alot, 150K or so. Just hoping someone might be able to tell me if theres anything i can do to speed the process along, or when it might happen and just shed a little light on it for me.

Thanks

Try to sign as many players as possible onto full time contracts. The more full time players you have the more likely you are to turn pro. You should so this with your key players anyway, as it allows them to train to a much higher standard. There's probably other things that factor in, big I always reckon that's the main one.

Not sure how the Commercial Feeder club thing works exactly, but hopefully ill bring in even more money from them.

Try to sign a player or two from that country, you'll make loads of money from shirt sales.

Originally posted by hee163:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamc81:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Try to sign as many players as possible onto full time contracts. The more full time players you have the more likely you are to turn pro. You should so this with your key players anyway, as it allows them to train to a much higher standard. There's probably other things that factor in, big I always reckon that's the main one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may be wrong but I believe promotion to league 2 will turn you professional. Not sure if you can get it any other way.

Originally posted by porph:

hey guys, I barely have enough time to play let alone post on here. I am in my 4th season in 2012 sitting in 4th place in league 1. My contract is running out, will I get offered a new one?

I am not running any patches. Obviously been very successful so far but I am a bit scared incase I dont get a new contract due to a bug.

It seemed a bit hit and miss, a few people didn't get offered new contract despite doing well. I was lucky enough to get two new contracts before the patch without any problems.

If your confidence screen is looking ok then you should get a new contract, although it might be just days before your old one runs out.

Originally posted by hee163:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by adamc81:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Try to sign as many players as possible onto full time contracts. The more full time players you have the more likely you are to turn pro. You should so this with your key players anyway, as it allows them to train to a much higher standard. There's probably other things that factor in, big I always reckon that's the main one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that makes any difference. I think that the reputation of the club decides when it goes pro, although promotion to League 2 means you automatically become pro.

Since most of these clubs have low reputations it is unlikely that anyone will get pro status while still in the conference.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by porph:

It seemed a bit hit and miss, a few people didn't get offered new contract despite doing well. I was lucky enough to get two new contracts before the patch without any problems.

If your confidence screen is looking ok then you should get a new contract, although it might be just days before your old one runs out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks. It just crashed 2 days after the 46th game so not sure where I am now. I finished 3rd before it crashed. icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hee163:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

I don't think that makes any difference. I think that the reputation of the club decides when it goes pro, although promotion to League 2 means you automatically become pro.

Since most of these clubs have low reputations it is unlikely that anyone will get pro status while still in the conference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

To be honest i did think it was more to do with reputation just wondered if there was anything i could do to move things along as there are a few teams in the league that look a class above like Shrewsbury, Oxford and Rushden.

Will hopefully get a few easy draws in the cup which should help, and have signed a couple of my players on full time contracts but most prefer part time so whether that will do anything i dont know.

Looks like a season or 2 of consolidation, how some of you guys keep getting back to back promotion is beyond me! Still its not a race, its a challenge icon_cool.gif

On a related note, I have found that signing all your players to full time contracts helps the team. It won't help you turn pro but the full time training makes quite a difference.

Yep, that's what I forgot to do in my first (doomed) Bedford game, I had all my players on part-time contracts. So they weren't progressing in training, and gradually got worse. When I started my new game, I remembered and signed nearly all my players to full time contracts, so they were able to train properly and progress.

Even if your player says he wants a part-time contract, an extra £30 or £40 per week usually changes his mind... icon_wink.gif

Archived