dafuge's FM08 small club to big club challenge

My assman's a twat...we win 3 games in a row and the third one is a 3-1 win...complete domination, yet he wants to tell the players their performance was awful...give the boys a chance, they just took 9 points off teams in 1st 3rd and 4th spots

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bedford 08/09 Mid-season Update

Ok so when I started the season my scouts basically said that alot of my players where a good signing for every blue square premier club. I'didn't have a good start in the league and was always 13th -15th. But now I had an incredible run! I have been unbeaten for 14 matches in the league. Had 5 straight wins too so I rocketed to the top for the first time! icon_biggrin.gif

Now my scouts say that most of my players are a good signing for any league 1 or 2 side.. why did they change their opinion in 2-3 months?? icon_confused.gif

Table

Graph

Fixtures

Originally posted by joshpmilton:

Out of interest, how does the site take into consideration sackings? I don't want to start all over again, but it seems I have no choice if I want to keep the dafugechallenge site updated?

If you contact Allan using the contact section of the website he can change your team mid-game, meaning you can carry on your updates with your new club.

Originally posted by dafuge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by joshpmilton:

Out of interest, how does the site take into consideration sackings? I don't want to start all over again, but it seems I have no choice if I want to keep the dafugechallenge site updated?

If you contact Allan using the contact section of the website he can change your team mid-game, meaning you can carry on your updates with your new club. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks dafuge, I'll bear that in mind next time, but I've started again now with AFC Wimbledon and overwritten the save file..

Originally posted by rashidi1:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

Patch early next week they're hoping. \o/

Lets stay on-topic.. icon_wink.gifAnd let's not think about when its out, it'll be out when its ready...now back on topic...hmm we're second. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gif

AFC Wimbledon End of season Report

Blue Square Premier - Season 2009/2010

Well a new season ended and what a finish. The season started slowly and

I had a respectable position around 15 until around 22 games into the season. Then

I decided to change my formation and I went for 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation. It gave

instant results and I started to win most of my games, finally I took the

last playoff spot. I didn`t have a lot of hope since I was up against Rochdale, a

team that really gave me some lessons earlier in the league. The first

game went OK first game,

but in the second the team really stood up and I beat them 2-0 on their homground Second game, against all odds I was ready for the final.

The playoff final was an really even afair, Aldershot took the lead after 50 minutes. I

began to me more and more desperat as the match went into stoppage time. It was added

3 minutes and on 93 minutes my star winger Rasmussen ran through on the

right hand side and delivered a perfect shoot to the right for the keeper, I equalised

so late in the game icon_smile.gif Then it was all set for extra time, nothing really happened and I

prepared my self for a nerv wrecking penaly shootout. But in the 119 min Bedeau delivers a

cross inside the penalty area, Grabban cooly get`s control over the ball and slots it behind

the goalkeeper. The whole stadium goes wild (I like to think so icon_biggrin.gif) and I can`t believe my eyes.

I`m ready for League Two!!!! I`m running around in the room and feels like a the happiest person

alive, maybeI should stop playing this very addictive game?

Play off final

Well the cup was nothing to talk about, I reached the semi-final of both Setana shield and

fa trophy. The fa cup I only came to the fourth qualifing round. I didn`t really gave the

cup a lot of attention so I`m pleased.

The key players for this season was

Mogens Rasmussen

- Right winger that ended on 10 goals and 24 assist, I will never sell this

player, remember the play off final three minutes into the stoppage time.

Matty Done

- Left winger who really frustraded a lot of right backs

Lewis Grabban

- Again I secured this outstanding player on a loan from Crystal Palace, finished

the season with 44 goals.

League

Current squad

Finances - Was 300k in minus last season so I`m pleased to be out of the red.

Next season

My current squad is not good enough to compete in the league two so I really need a lot of

new players, hoping for some quality free transfers. Maybe I turn pro and hopefully this will

have an effect on the players I`m able to sign. Next season will be all about surviving, all

better than that is just a bonus.

Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

Annihilator666 - Merthyr Tydfil - Season 12/13 - League Two

Manager Profile - Manager Profile

Table - League Table | Position Graph

Results - Results #1 | Results #2

Transfers - Transfers Summary

Finances - Finance Summary

Top Scorer - James Dunn

Fans' Player of the Year - James Dunn

Records - Team Overall Records | Team Season Records

I don't know how, but I managed to win League Two at the first attempt! I was expecting to battle against relegation, as I only signed two new players during the pre-season (one of them on loan). However, a fantastic start to the season, with the team top after twelve games, gave me hope of a comfortable season. Then, mid-season, things started falling apart and we dropped down the table. I figured that we'd finish in the bottom half and avoid relegation, so I was still happy enough. But somehow, the team turned around, and went on a phenomenal run to win the league with one game left to play.

Also had a decent run in the JP Trophy, and had a money spinning home tie to Premier League outfit Leicester City in the third round of the FA Cup, and another money making tie away at Sheffield United in the League Cup second round.

Stamford - League 2 - 2022/23 End of Season Update

Had a good season, with my squad marginally stregnthened by some loans. First season I have loaned in any players for a about 5 years.

With 2 games to go, I was guaranteed automatic promotion and had a chance of winning the division. Unfortunately Gillingham held us to a draw so we didnt win the title.

Next season is going to be tough, given I dont think my squad has anywhere near the required quality for league 1.

Table

Graph

Confidence

Transfers

Wish me luck for the next season, as my stadium isn't big enough, my facilities are awful and I think half the squad could do with replacing.

Once again, pre-season was a spectacular disaster losing all but one of my games (friendly results).

However, I won my first game of the season 3-0 away to Eastleigh in a convincing display as I played about with some of the sliders.

Have approximately half the Palace reserve team on loan, which seems to have worked very nicely!

Originally posted by jdc747:

Just started the challenge.

I have taken over Merthyr Tydfil and I will post my screenshot in a minute.

It's my first time trying the challenge so here we go.

Just an update, I have exams at the moment so I probably won't be posting that promised picture until next week, or maybe this weekend.

I have played a few games, got thrashed in a few friendlies with half a squad and am lower midtable kind of thing.

Originally posted by jdc747:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jdc747:

Just started the challenge.

I have taken over Merthyr Tydfil and I will post my screenshot in a minute.

It's my first time trying the challenge so here we go.

Just an update, I have exams at the moment so I probably won't be posting that promised picture until next week, or maybe this weekend.

I have played a few games, got thrashed in a few friendlies with half a squad and am lower midtable kind of thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You probably could have uploaded a screenshot in the time it took you to post that message... icon_razz.gif

Aario - Halesowen Town - Season 2 (09/10) BSP - Mid Term Update

Just got the 2nd of Jan 2010 so thought I would post a mid season update for my second season.

As I said when I won promotion in my first season I feared that while my defence and midfield may be ok for the higher league my forwards were not going to be up to scratch. I was also in a lot of debt (~200K) due to be well over may wage buget and paying out a large bonus at the end of the first season. So, to keep the board happy with my wage control and get some better forwards I told the board I could finish in the top half. This has back fired a bit icon_smile.gif whilst I have signed a load of new players and I am still just under my wage buget the team took a long time to gell. Also I did not get the oppertunity to enter my reserves and u18s in their respective leagues and so have a huge squad and find myself adopting Liverpool like pointless rotation to try and keep people happy and match fit. I have posted before about how I cannot pass up a free transfer even if they are really no better than what I have in that position.....

Anyway as can be seen from my results here for the first quater of the season we were playing badly and were in the relegation places and hence attendances wre down on last season so I was loosing money hand over fist (In my case I am sure that this is not the attendance bug but more a reflection on the rubbish football we were playing) icon_smile.gif.

However, the cups came to my rescue and this surprise away win over (then) 6th placed Kettering in the FA cup 4th qualifing round seemed to turn things around a bit. This was also useful as telling the borad I would finish in the top half had lead to increased cup expectations as well.

My reward was an away tie against 2nd placed Woking, who as fate would have it, I was due to play in the league the game before. This result promoted me to change tatics and play a bit more defensively and on the counter in the cup game. The fact that their Reading loanee was cup tied also helped as did Barnes-Homer having the game of his life icon_smile.gif

As can be seen from my seoncd quater fixtures the FA cup run contined thanks to a lucky draw against one of the few teams below me in the BSP - although we need a nervey replay - nervey because by the time of the replay we know that the winner would be traveling to Ewood Park to play Permiership Blackburn in the 3rd round icon_biggrin.gif. We are still in both the FA Trophy and Setanta Shield and the league form has picked up.

Obviously we lost at Blackburn but the £170K gate recipts have the bank balance looking a little better icon_smile.gif so hopefully if I can continue my improved league form to get us up to mid table then the board will not be too unhappy and I may get a new contract (up at the end of the season) as I feel I have the nucleus of a team which could definitely challenge for promotion next season if both them and I are still at the club

Anyway back to it...............

My mid-season update for Marine fc season 08-09

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/Pre-seasoncracker.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/FirstLeaguematch.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/Biggestwin.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/Topscorer.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q239/stevio11/Halfwaypoint08-09season.jpg

Just changed formation to 4-2-3-1 but asst.mgr thinks most of my players are not good enough so I have to make the most. I also went though a boardroom takeover but at least I kept my job,now for promotion

Finding League 2 quite difficult. P6 W1 D1 L4 F9 A15 Pos 21

Andy Caton has scored 6 of the goals so far.

luckily we did manage to beat Swansea in the cup and drew Middlesboro. Unfortunately it was played in my garden shed which holds 3k. Asked for stadium increase as getting 2.5k per league game now. REJECTED!

Originally posted by Boskovic:

here is a quick queston, dcont know if anybody has aksed this but dont want to read 3 pages.

Has anybody got any players from their first season still in the Clubs Best Eleven?

I had some from my first couple of seasons reinducted back again last season.

Not really sure how the this feature is meant to work.

I think I have had some people inducted, removed and inducted again a few seasons later.

Congrats Dagurol and Annihilator on your promotions icon14.gif

For anyone that has had a stadium expansion, roughly how much did you have in the bank before the board would consider it?

And any ideas how you can boot out your chairman to find one that knows that affiliate clubs are useful. Stupid guy still cant see the point, and wont even give me any feeders, let alone a parent.

Originally posted by Boskovic:

here is a quick queston, dcont know if anybody has aksed this but dont want to read 3 pages.

Has anybody got any players from their first season still in the Clubs Best Eleven?

Nope. None.

Originally posted by Gricehead:

Anybody reported this bug yet?

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7314/11142007234934vp4.jpg

"firmly in the top half of the table"

I'm 12th - in a 22 team league.

I've reported a few scripting problems...no harm in reporting this one as well..you may need to upload the jpg to the SI FTP server though

Originally posted by michaeltmurrayuk:

Updated logos for the challenge teams for anyone wanting them (and the rest of the english leagues), tweaked the background logos so they now match the default ones with the game:

English Club Logos and English Comp Logos (Now with fully working alternative wide logos)

Sounds good icon_biggrin.gif Although I'm doubting that you've redone the Matlock logo? I mean, it looks just like it should, but ugh, a lot of those challenge team logos are just horrid (who do these clubs hire to design them?!).

Gloucester City Tigers find their way

In mid season I was struggling to score, I dumped my senior strikers into the reserves and hoped they would find some striking happiness, and I also started mucking about with formations. Tried a 442 before I finally struck gold with a formation that interestingly has no 'default' in the tactics dropdown.

Well that formation galvanised my season, my strikers are back to scoring hattricks...not nearly as often as i'd like, but it did make me anticipate the hunt for a genuine targetman.

The goals are pouring in from my 4 pronged strikeforce and the midfield and defense are shutting almost every attack down in midfield. I hope they don't fix closing down or do anything to unbalance it cos it works beautifully, nothing escapes my fullbacks and my midfielders.

We turned around 3 games where we were down by an early goal..in one we finished 4-2, another match 3-1...its almost too good to be true..We now look like we could actually hold top spot...I haven't had to play a playoff in a long time. And this will be my default tactic going forward and in the interests of keeping things fair in the world of challenges, it will never be uploaded in the T&TT forums.

michaeltmurrayuk good job on the logos as usual. Really appreciate what you do for nonleague football icon_biggrin.gif

League Table

I've just seen the AI do something I myself would have done...one of my players is a key player in the centre of the park he links the strikeforce together...and the AI from ignoring him and giving him time and space has decided to close him down heavily and challenge hard...he's just picked up a knock...poor lad

AFC Wimbledon - Blue Square South - 2008/09 - New Years Day Update

Well, what a difference player instructions make. This is the first time I've actually bothered to tailor player instructions to individual players for every match. The results so far have been staggering. I should add, that I am essentially the Crystal Palace C team, loaning most of their players. Maybe not good for the long term, but if I can get into the Blue Square Premier, I might actually be able to sign players.

League form as been fantastic, with my club stats looking awesome, almost averaging three goals a game. Only two teams have been top of the league. I've been on the rampage in the cups, all except the FA Cup, where I've beaten all the (in my opinion unrealistic) aims of the board. Most pleasing was putting 2nd place Havant & Waterlooville out of the Setanta Shield at Havant.

Player of the season so far is Victor Moses on loan from, inevitably, Crystal Palace, notching up 28 goals in 25 appearances in all competitions.

Needless to say I'm enjoying my second attempt at the challenge on FM08 a lot more than I did with Margate. My success is reflected by the happiness of the board and their current confidence in me.

all time best 11 is based on average ratings. if you have a new player who's average drops below an old player, the old player will be reintroduced...

i've still got 2 original players in my all time list, both with over 200 appearances. one just left, but the other is still the best player in my team...

there's only one Andy Caton!

My favorite scripting problem was

"Carshalton have found themselves performing above expectations so far this season but recent results may have fans expecting the worst.

Unless they can turn it around Carshalton seem destined to slip into mid-table obscurity."

I don't have a screen cap but I was first having played twelve odd games, won nine, scored thirty and conceded less then ten. The giant freak out was because we'd drawn against Lewis two all.

Wow, this is the greatest news I've had in a long time. Why? Because it pushes me up into a playoff spot!

There's no way I would have gained those 6 points on Crystal Palace, so I'm sort of stunned. Lady luck smiled on us this week, I guess. icon_eek.gif

Now if we can only hold onto this position...

Originally posted by Scab:

Wow, this is the greatest news I've had in a long time. Why? Because it pushes me up into a playoff spot!

There's no way I would have gained those 6 points on Crystal Palace, so I'm sort of stunned. Lady luck smiled on us this week, I guess. icon_eek.gif

Now if we can only hold onto this position...

Lady Luck must have a plan for you. Hopefully it isn't just to give you a high only to bring you straight back down.

I've still got Junior Brown as the only original player to still remain in the best 11. 229 appearances, 46 goals and an average rating of 7.21, he still remains the number 1 left winger although now that I'm in league 2, he might struggle to keep his place in the starting 11. Last year he was displaced by a loan from Reading and this year looks much the same with my new signings. He probably has another season in him before he becomes a dud. icon_frown.gif

He's one of the chairman's favourite personnel too.

Would I get slated if I were to sell him off?

Oh and don't know if this is a confidence bug or not but, I asked for a contract renewal around January and the board only offered me a new contract after the season had finished, by which point I had already secured the BSP title. Funny thing is, their long term expectation is for me to finish in a respectable position in the BSP by the end of the four year plan. I take it means I should remain in the BSP or higher after 4 years. icon_rolleyes.gif

Season 2012/13 Review - Hendon in the Coca-Cola League 1

The first 20 rounds or so were terrifying, hovering just a few points over the relegation spots and struggling considerably to grind out draws against even the other newly promoted teams. After that the team seemed to settle though, and after a few 4-3 results in my favor, we got on a good run of form, either drawing or winning most games, and rocketed up to 7th place in just a handful of rounds. Managed to hang around 7th-9th for the rest of the season and with the help of some rather fortuitous events eventually finished 6th.

League Table

Scoring a lot, but also letting a lot in. It's always been kind of like that with this tactic, but not quite this bad.

Past Positions

Can you spot the short string of games that propelled us up the league? ^^;

The Squad

Looks like I may have a hard time keeping them till next season...

Transfers

Another good transfer season, and we needed it. 6000 capacity Claremont Road isn't nearly paying for my £85,468 wage bill. The club is literally leaking close to £500,000 a month right now.

Star Player

Surprise, surprise... It's Luleyski. Just as unstoppable in the Championship as in League 1 it seems. Second only to Rolando Biachi on the goal scoring chart.

[uLR=http://static.pici.se/pictures/drtwmrTae.png]Jon Mills[/url]

Has been progressing nicely from when I signed him and got a lot of first team football this year. My coaches are really excited about him now too, so I still think I might have a gem here.

Random Stats

Balance: £14,879,077

Wages: £85,468/£108,955

Average Attendance: 5237 (5329 in the league) (part of the stadium was closed down for half the season while building the latest expansion)

Media Prediction: 24th

Squad Average Age: 22

Squad Personality: Determined

Club Value: £22M

AFC Wimbledon - Blue Square South - 2008/09 - End of Season Update

Well I'm pretty pleased, managed to lead The Wombles to the Blue Square South league title. We were top for most of the season, with only Havant & Waterlooville managing to overtake us in the early stages of the competition. We broke several league records along the way, but despite my record haul of goals, Victor Moses didn't manage to secure the golden boot!

Cup form turned out rather nicely, managed to make it past the New Year in two of the three competitions. Only being knocked out by Blue Square Premier sides Aldershot (FA Trophy) and Rotherham United (Setanta Shield) so pleased with the lads on that front.

Fixtures: 2008|2009.

Manager Overview.

Manager Profile.

The Squad.

AFC Wimbledon Records.

Transfer History - Frustrating amount of loans, but that did fantastically. Another frustration was the AI signings of the first two players before I took over.

And finally, the clubs finances.

Rather pleased, here is to life in the Blue Square Premier! If there's anything else you'd like to see let me know. icon_smile.gif

Archived