FM10: Angel Di Maria

slakey

Bought him for my Barca team and he's been excellent as Winger (attack) in the 4-5-1 formation.

..the fans believe that Di Maria has been at the club a while now and is making a mockery of his small transfer fee by putting in some impressive performances

Confidence level 92%

2 goals, 9 assists in 20 games up to Xmas isn't bad considering he's got Messi, Xavi and Iniesta to complete with in the assists department. For £4M you really can't complain.

For me he is the definition of a "must" purchase. When i restart my messed up ManU save he's definately going to be on my shopping list.

Got to say im not very impressed with this guy TBH

im currently benfica and play 3 AMC behind cardozo.

I play De Maria inside left, saviola centre and Aimar right centre.

Team is playing some lovely flowing football. Angel seems to be mis firing for some reason.

Sharply loosing patience with the guy if im honest. I think i expected to much of him too soon so feel a little let down.

Later in the game he does get good. haven't got a screenie, but I bought him for my title winning Toon team in 2015 at age 27ish for 30m and he's been worth it. just have to be patient and get him tutored and all that. I play him AMC as an inside forward and he's got about one in two so...

The reason he's so cheap is most likely a typo in his minimum fee release clause. It's only 3 million euros. Someone missed one zero, it should be 30 to be in line with the rest of the squad's contracts.

In real life his release clause is said to be 40 million euros.

Got to say im not very impressed with this guy TBH

im currently benfica and play 3 AMC behind cardozo.

I play De Maria inside left, saviola centre and Aimar right centre.

Team is playing some lovely flowing football. Angel seems to be mis firing for some reason.

Sharply loosing patience with the guy if im honest. I think i expected to much of him too soon so feel a little let down.

he playes better as a winger and running through the wings, makes deadly crosses to cardozo. he's also a good tutor to fabio coentrão.

Later in the game he does get good. haven't got a screenie, but I bought him for my title winning Toon team in 2015 at age 27ish for 30m and he's been worth it. just have to be patient and get him tutored and all that. I play him AMC as an inside forward and he's got about one in two so...

this is him after 2 seasons

dimaria.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 mill up front 10 million over 36 months

Seems really low for how much he is worth IRL

Paid pretty much the same and very impressed playing AML Inside Forward, goals and assists galore, scores the odd free kick. Don't let him taking penalties though, doesn't do well at them.

I cant get this guy everytime i go for him i get the bid accepted, praise him then he 'revels' in my praise, AC Milan make a bid and he goes straight to them :/

And i checked after they bought him, i was offering far more money and a first team contract, so yeah, bit stunned on that.

• 2 months later...

Got him on loan for Newcastle in the Championship and he's fantastic. Benfica will allow me to hold contract talks with him for £4m but he isn't willing to come to a Championship side. I'll try again when I get promoted and will be over the moon if I can still get him for £4m. I'd pay double in a heartbeat.

Playing him in AML position, Winger/Attack role. Awesome.

Archived