FM10 Competition Editor - What will you add?

As per the title, what competitions will you add using the new competition editor that comes with FM10?

Personally, I will definitely be adding step 3 and step 4 of non-League in English football. That's the feeders to the Blue Square South and North, and the level below that too. I might even add step 5 leagues too, although I wonder if it will be worth it in terms of depth versus speed.

Great to be able to have more depth in non-League though!

I'm actually getting quite excited by this feature now.

Due to an overactive 'football nerd' gene, I have been thinking about adding things like County cups too. :D In the past, I have always had pre-season tournaments and treated them like a County cup.

I'm quite interested in adding the Herts Senior Cup so that I can play in it with my team, St. Albans City. Maybe I'll even add the Herts Charity Cup too.

As a quick aside, I wonder if it will be possible to add histories to edited leagues and cups or whether they will already be in the game for established competitions (for instance, if you added the Isthmian League)?

Anyway, what competitions will you add or create using this new feature?

Regards,

C.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just thought that this editor could add a whole new dimension to certain International challenges.

You could add leagues in countries such as Malta or the Faroe Islands and therefore have players in active leagues when managing these nations. The CSE forum is going to love this editor. I can imagine loads of new challenges coming up due to this!

Regards,

C.

Must be great for someone like you DennisIran, who have a national league that is not currently in the game. :thup:

I'm pleased for you. :)

Regards,

C.

Yup its awsome :D will also fix all the other asian nations so the asian CL will be like in real life :D

oh yeah i will also fix lower swedish leagues so i can put in my freinds teams that play in the lower divisons XD

Maybe some African leagues, lower English leagues, USL (but I might make it better than MLS just because managing MLS sucks), V-League, and I might create a Basque league and will definitely create a Basque cup competition.

And I'm sure plenty of users will make leagues they've added available for download :)

i like cups more than leagues & the prospect of league campains at the start of every new season anoys me. the 1st thing im a doing is mkeing a new scottish premier league with 18 teams 34 games a season. & then 2 20 team lower divisions so thats every team in scotland in haha :D.

will also be good for the scots regens as 09's scots are brillant.

--

on a diffrent note. i think a dev said you cant make a league with teams from other countrys in them but im hopeing to do a cup competition with scotland & english teams in the one...

can a dev or mod say if this will be posable :)

The Iranian league is a great call

Personally, I will be adding:

- the full, proper Scottish non-league structure

- an alternate Scotland pyramid structure of my own design

- English non-leagues, as low as I can find teams in the db

- Celtic and Atlantic Cups

- whatever everyone uploads :D

The possibilities are endless, but my goal is to have as many North American leagues as possible. In the United States, obviously the divisions of USL (1,2, PDL) and NPSL, but also possibly Super-20, Super-Y, College Divisions, and USASA divisions. I also want to create the Coast Soccer League (Orange County, California). Basically just the entire spectrum of soccer in the United States.

I have a few other ideas that I will keep secret for now, and quite a few for the CSE Forum. In my opinion, this (the competition editor) is without a doubt the best thing that could have happened to FM.

My ideas are Hispanic Cup, Commonwealth Cup, Francophone Cup (all three for both nations and clubs), Bosnian pyramid (in my own format), restructuring Croatian format, some African leagues, and some Caribbean leagues (and Caribbean nations cup). I will create also new pyramid for USA. I hope I will be able to do all I want to.

Am also excited about this. Would like to add English leagues down to tier 9 where county level starts, and may look into adding more Sussex divisions after that, though that would probably mean teams and stadiums need creating. Level 10 clubs are in the DB in 'a lower division', and I guess some level 11 clubs might be as well. Would be good to have non-league cup competitions like the county cups as well.

I think i'm going to create a second database with some truely stupid celebrity/fictional character leagues made just for fun.

There could be a whole team of various Arnie characters. Terrifying thought...

Would like the USL, PDL and CSL. Will be great to launch a Llama career as a Canadian manager with Sunday League experience.

Not much of an editor though. Will some of you North American editors upload your new league files, purty puleaze?

i like cups more than leagues & the prospect of league campains at the start of every new season anoys me. the 1st thing im a doing is mkeing a new scottish premier league with 18 teams 34 games a season. & then 2 20 team lower divisions so thats every team in scotland in haha :D.

will also be good for the scots regens as 09's scots are brillant.

--

on a diffrent note. i think a dev said you cant make a league with teams from other countrys in them but im hopeing to do a cup competition with scotland & english teams in the one...

can a dev or mod say if this will be posable :)

On another thread they said that inter-nation cups (not leagues) are possible.

Or rather, they said that they weren't possible, but then when people seemed so disappointed, they went back and figured out how to make it work - twas an impressive gesture.

brillant.

hears my set up ;)

Scottish Premier Division

18 teams h/w.

Scottish 1 Division a & b.

20 teams h/w, champions promoted & 2nd place play off between a & b.

Scottish Progress League.

24 teams h/w, champions promoted.

scottish cup.

premier & div 1 a&b only.

Scottish Challange cup.

div a&b & progress League.

Progress Cup.

Progress Teams only.

The 4 Nations League Cup.

Scotish Premier,

English Premiership,

Welsh 1st Division,

irish 1st Division.

---

toying with the idea of a world club cup for the champions "only" of all leagues "world wide" & a european progress cup for the champions of 2nd league teams only.

Will already scheduled future expansion be possible for the MLS and USL? i.e. can I set it up so that in 2010 and 2011 the MLS adds teams that aren't active in the 2009 season?

Yeah this is something im wanting to find out aswell. The A-league in Australia is going through a similar process to the MLS with exapnsion.

It would be good to know if we can add teams to already existing leagues.

If it'll let me change the European and international qualification structures to match up with it, a unification scenario; a GB League (6 national divisions of 20 teams, British FA Cup, British League Cup, British League Trophies for Levels 3&4 and Levels 5&6), an All-Ireland League and GB and All-Ireland national teams

i'll add the MALTA league for sure.

very beneficial when when the Maltese national team as well.

SI with the introduction of this editor have added a new dimension to the game. gone will be the days when people run out of challenges...if you want a new challenge just add a new league!!! :D

Will already scheduled future expansion be possible for the MLS and USL? i.e. can I set it up so that in 2010 and 2011 the MLS adds teams that aren't active in the 2009 season?

Also, how does this tie in with all the other leagues?....I dislike the MLS setup and would like to set up a multi-tiered North American league (MLS, USL 1/2) to replace it. However, I still would want to have the Champions League, SuperLiga, World Club tournament still linked to the league. Will this be possible?

Well i will be adding the San Marino league with 2 division of 8 (2 up and 2 down)... and creating an San Marino B team. Have a Knockout cup and a Divisional cup.

Also Malta league interests me a lot, Full Members cup will make a comeback as will the Anglo Italian Cup ;)

And have step 3 and 4 and perhaps 5 of the non league.

To be honest, these days I do not have the time anymore to fiddle around with editors like I had years ago where I would in certain games edit all the German leagues to have the real names before starting a game... (edit: That was not CM/FM of course, where I know what to do ;))

But now I think of maybe creating a few new international leagues, maybe merging NL and BE or the Scandinavian ones along with the league reputation. Then they should be bigger leagues and I could play a game with the top 5 leagues and those 2 loaded. Should be interesting anyway.

Though maybe someone else will do it first and I'll just download it ;)

I know that you could do it now already, but the new editor just inspires me to use it properly for the first time ;)

Btw can we change the TV money for the leagues? That would obviously add to the competitiveness of my two artificial leagues.

I guess they would have to be pre-coded or they won't be in there. If they are pre-coded it remains an interesting question whether the results of the added lower tier can be taken into account in determining who joins the expanded league.

Just my guess, but I expect being right :D

I have a couple of ideas I'll look to implement straight away. The first is to radically alter the League Cup. Impose a cap on players over 23 (maximum of 4 per match day squad) and introduce an 8x4 group stage in Round 3 when the big boys join in to offer some guaranteed revenue to lower league clubs. If we could add the Scottish League teams to this too then I will probably look to do this and expand on my format.

Another thing I will be looking to do is regionalise the football league. Bring back the North and South tiers all the way down and offer more sides the chance of promotion in an extended end of season play off structure. Haven't quite decided how revolutionary to make this yet and again it may be constrained by whatever limitations the editor has. The winners of the Championship North and Championship South both earn automatic promotion and 4 sides from each division will go into an 8 team play off with the winners being promoted.

Borrowing an idea from US Sport's obsession with parity, I may look to invert the prize money in the Premier League so that the lowest non-relegated team earns what the winning side now gets and vice versa. This should improve the standard of smaller teams in the league and make the division more competitive in future seasons.

i'll be making a new Australian league as ours is too small and restricted, plus I'll be activating as many Asian nations as I can: UAE, Saudi Arabia, Japan, Iran, Iraq, Vietnam, Cambodia, North Korea, etc.

I can't wait!!

Good call. It'd be nice to have a fully functioning AFC.

Could even just add in all the state leagues, and keep the A-league as is, but have an FFA cup, where the winner of the cup gets the 2nd AFC qualifying spot.

Unibond, Istmian and Ryman League and maybe the leagues below them. Also Welsh League One/Cymru Alliance and the step below them Welsh League Two, Welsh Alliance, Mid Wales League and Welsh National Wrexham Area. I'd probably have to add a load of team's but it'd be worth it just to take Coedpoeth United to Champions League success. I might add the Highland League if I can be bothered aswell.

I'm looking at trying a league like American Samoa or the Cooks Islands. I may also add the Norwegian 3rd Division so I can start as Hammerfest again, since they've been relegated since my game with them on FM2007.

I'm juggling with the idea of a very deep English structure as well, but I have a few reservations as to how that'd work. Others I may look at are Serie D in Italy, and perhaps more South American leagues.

For me. Leagues like Nigeria, Cameroon etc. Basically countries that have a solid base of players but no league. More South American Leagues would be good, gives more variation rather than having to move to Europe for challenge.

The MLS needs looking at too, but I always tend to give up anyway in that league. Too complicated !

I'm looking at trying a league like American Samoa or the Cooks Islands. I may also add the Norwegian 3rd Division so I can start as Hammerfest again, since they've been relegated since my game with them on FM2007.

I'm juggling with the idea of a very deep English structure as well, but I have a few reservations as to how that'd work. Others I may look at are Serie D in Italy, and perhaps more South American leagues.

Like what? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

I'll defos add level seven and probably eight of the English Pyramid, and generally look to add to all the British Leagues. To be honest, I will add all the country updates that people create, I can't wait to have potentially the entire world to fiddle around with.

I'll defos add level seven and probably eight of the English Pyramid, and generally look to add to all the British Leagues. To be honest, I will add all the country updates that people create, I can't wait to have potentially the entire world to fiddle around with.

Likewise - I usually spend more time collecting and doing graphics and media packs for the game than playing it. I'll never get time to play now lol :D

Crikey, Dafuge's Challenge could be impossible now! :p

Ter's San Marino challenge could be rivalled by the Andorra challenge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Andorra

FC Andorra play in the Spanish leagues, but at level 7. Probably too many leagues to have all Spanish divisions, but I guess you could only include the divisions Andorra would go into?

For example in England, could you only add the Isthmian Premier as a playable league, leaving out the Northern and Southern Premier? And then only add the Isthmian North and South leagues?

Or do you need to add every division at a level as playable for it to work properly?

Archived