FM10 Competition Editor - What will you add?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have to make USL playable (I can't wait to finally manage Cleveland). I'll also add at least down to the Oberliga in Germany. I want the task of getting Sachsen Leipzig up to the Bundesliga and kicking the **** out of Red Bull Leipzig and Lok Leipzig. In Asia I'll add Uzbekistan and a bunch of other Asian leagues to make the Asian Champions League playable. And I'll add Moldova in Europe to see if I can finally get FC Sheriff into the CL group stages.

Go to Luxemburg, change the name of Luxemburg in a different name (fake country)

Than I make 4 divisions, with all 8 teams

- Premier division

- First division

- Second division

- Third division

played 4 matches against the opponents, so 28 matches per season

Nr: 1 and 2 will promote to the division higher

Nr: 7 and 8 will degrade to a division lower.

and the Cup with all the 32 teams

(i delete all luxemburg lower league clubs)

So I have to make 32 fake teams, with reputation, stadium, city etc etc.

I hope this is possible with the comp. editor

i will add the Unibond leagues but the Derbyshire senior cup (the pointless cup my team play in. It's run by a bunch of total idiots that deserve the firing squad)

Because somone sneezed on the pitch at Pride Park and they called the game off

P.S Im going to add the unibond league, add relegation in the scottish 3rd divison becuase it annoys me if you finish bottom you dont get relegated and also I will move Celtic and Rangers into the EPL

Couple of more ideas :D

do away with the world club championship and replace it with someone elses idea form this thread cant remember the name a championship for the winners of all the leagues worldwide

Add a home nations cup (England, Scotland Wales, N Ireland and Ireland) for alternate summers when there is no tournament

Bring back the cup winners cup aswell

The ideas people are describing seem incredible and would add a whole new dimension to the game.

However, my question is, all ideas seem very complex and (unless I'm missing something) SI haven't fully described how this "Competition Editor" is going to work and what it will enable you to do. So my question. Are these ideas actually going to be possible to implement or will we be limited to what we can do?

Iranian Leauge! thats what ive been waiting for sense i started playing FM :)
Must be great for someone like you DennisIran, who have a national league that is not currently in the game.

I'm pleased for you. :)

Regards,

C.

Yup its awsome :D will also fix all the other asian nations so the asian CL will be like in real life :D

oh yeah i will also fix lower swedish leagues so i can put in my freinds teams that play in the lower divisons XD

Are you sure you can create new leagues? I just thought you was able to edit original leagues? E.G, take over Scottish leagues, and put in Iran teams.

Is it possible to create new stand alone leagues?

Are you sure you can create new leagues? I just thought you was able to edit original leagues? E.G, take over Scottish leagues, and put in Iran teams.

Is it possible to create new stand alone leagues?

those leauges are already in the game with all the teams i think you just need to activate the leauge.

those leauges are already in the game with all the teams i think you just need to activate the leauge.

Yes but in order for you to create the Iranian league, would you not have to take over a current league, and edit all the details of that league, so its the Iranian league?

Yes but in order for you to create the Iranian league, would you not have to take over a current league, and edit all the details of that league, so its the Iranian league?

No. That's what you've had to do up to this point, but the new competition editor is apparently going to allow you to create new competitions as well.

Like what? Don't see why it wouldn't work.

I posted somewhere else on here about the league reputations, the CA models, and the amount of different divisions that'll be playable which could take a long time to process. A couple more levels down I'm sure it'll be fine, but any further and I'm not sure.

A completely fictional Canadian League, and a change to the current MLS structure that would give the MLS a more 'European' feel. More teams, promotion/relegation=more fun.

Will probably do at writeup on it as an 'alternate soccer history' as if North America embraced the beautiful game and had a full league that put it on par with the some of the secondary leagues in Europe/S.America. Not sure how good the leagues will be, but will be tested. I'm having fun already!

It's great that one can truly make the game his/her own this year. Wonderful feature.

I posted somewhere else on here about the league reputations, the CA models, and the amount of different divisions that'll be playable which could take a long time to process. A couple more levels down I'm sure it'll be fine, but any further and I'm not sure.

There are CA guidelines for English researchers down to level 9 players, so level 10 should be ok.

At level 11 though it would be an extra 40 divisions. I guess you wouldn't have to create every division though, you could just set up one branch of it.

On FM 09 I've ran all divisions from 8-10 European countries and it's fine, so loading less of them and more English leagues shouldn't make too much difference in speed.

Agree with you after level 10, but up to level 9 or 10 it should be just about ok. I guess some people will hate the idea of having players with CAs of 1-10, but for others they'll enjoy it.

I think it'll be pretty pointless going below step 5 (tier 9) anyway.

Most clubs down at that level aren't researched at all and will be lucky to have any players. The database includes competitions at that level but doesn't go below it as far as I know.

If someone makes up all of those leagues and clubs, then fair play to them, but I can't see much point myself.

Regards,

C.

P.S. Just checked and looks like I was right about the database only going down to step 5.

So is it just taking away leagues and that etc for example.Could i create 20 teams in a fictional division that are placed underneath the conference and the winner is promoted to the conference

Yes, you can.

Step 3 and 4 in England are definites. I'd love to go lower, but Step 5 adds another 14 divisions and as I like to have other countries running, I think that'd be unnecessary. On the other hand, I might add Steps 5 and 6 and have a game going with just England running.

I'd be tempted by the Scottish Juniors and Senior non-leagues, although the lack of promotion to the SFL puts me off a career game there. The Welsh Cymru Alliance and Welsh Football League are certainties for inclusion, as Wales is crying out for a lower league game.

Here in Northern Ireland, I think the game goes low enough, though I might look into adding the top regional leagues. The Irish A Championship is a certainty if the game can support the structure.

Moving away from the British Isles, I am clamouring for a game in the Faroe Islands so I'll create the entire structure. The third and fourth divisions are predominantly for second, third and in some cases fourth strings, so it's very much a case of do one, do them all.

I might be tempted by the Norwegian Third Division, simply to add some playable leagues for my Second Division sides' reserve teams, though with 24 groups it's asking the same questions as the English steps 5 and 6. The same goes for Sweden - Division 3 and 4 would be awesome (I want to take Floda back up the divisions) but hugely unlikely.

The Russian Second Division, now that's a definite. The regionalisation means I can take over a team like Okean and slowly bring them up to the European stage. Champions League semi finals near the North Korean border? Yes please!

One thing I'd like to do is create the Tahiti Division Fédérale, and try to win the Coupe de France...

I can't wait for this.

I want to do two things.

1) I'm going to set up the NFL in the current format of 8 divisions and basically recreate the Superbowl and see how these franchises fair when coming up against the worlds best. I'm also wanting to re create the NCAA conferences and if possible make it an u21 league. If I can adjust the MLS into the NFL and have the draft coming from the NCAA then all the better.

I've already started collecting the badges, stadium etc.

If that works I'll start on the MLB and NBA teams!!

2) I want to recreate the leagues of, say 32, countries so they have just 10 in the top league and 10 and the second divison. Then they play each other once in a qualification to see who qualifys for the World Championship. Only the champions can qualify.

I'll leave the realistic stuff to others and download as much as I can.

I've always wanted to create reserve leagues for all of the countries that don't have reserve leagues (Spain, Italy, Germany, France). I figure that way I can have more control in the progression of my younger players that are too old for youth leagues, but not yet good enough to get into my first team. Feeder clubs work great at times, but it gets very difficult to get enough and to be sure that my players are going to places where the competition is good enough to progress.

anyone know if this will be possible?

Loving the idea of revamping the World Club Championship. Its such a mess at is now, would love to have a play with that, make it something which is worth winning!

Think I might look to change the Confederations Cup set-up too.

I'd like to make winning the UEFA Cup a Champions League qualification route, but I'm not sure if that will be possible. If anyone knows please let me know!

Anyone going to bring back the Home Nations Tournament? Set it bi-yearly for odd numbered years with England, NI, Scotland and Wales taking part.

Does anyone know if we can edit prize money and/or how it is allocated within a division?

I'm sure you could, with obvious limitations. No, £10,000,000 for a win in the Champions League. Although, that would be fun to try out :D

I want to make it so the team that finishes, lets say, 14th in the League 2 gets in the champions league. Why? Because I can.

I will have the full members cup which will be between all clubs in the top 2 divisions NOT in Europe to be played on Euro Nights... Thats 37 clubs in this brilliant cup. the prem round will start 1 week before the start of the season. ;)

That's a really nice one! How are you going to run a cup with 37 teams though? Winners of the Johnstons Paint Trophy get an invite? That's quite a sweet plum actually for what is essentially a worthless competition. Gate receipt split of 50/50?

That's a really nice one! How are you going to run a cup with 37 teams though? Winners of the Johnstons Paint Trophy get an invite? That's quite a sweet plum actually for what is essentially a worthless competition. Gate receipt split of 50/50?

Just have a preliminary round of 5 games (i.e. 10 teams playing each other).

Winners progress through to the next round with the other 27 teams. Makes 32 teams, for a straight knockout, or groups etc.

Archived