What are your bargain buys

Also got a bargain with Ángel Correa. If you haven't heard of him i suggest you find him in your game.

He was 20, and unused by barca, available for £2.4m. My scouts had him at 4.5 star potential, 2 star current ability.

With some good coaching he became 4 star quality at the age of 22/23, sold him for £20m.

I love bringing in old players who still have some residual quality from their prime. A bargain in transfer fees, but it doesn't do the wage budget any good.

Cabaye for 200k was the last one.

I agree, Stevie Gerrard - 500k, Xavi - £1m. Quality players to use as mentors, amazing mental stats

Playing as Boavista I sold a player to Feyenoord for £7million. Two seasons later I noticed that his contract was coming to an end and being able to offer better wages than I ever could before meant that I could get him back for free, but for a little bit of a cost in the terms of wages. He's an outrageous talent, with full international honours at the age of 19 and is now a fixture in Portugal's midfield at the age of 21. So hopefully I can keep him happy and healthy and he can lead me to success in Europe as well as domestically.

Signed Victor Andrade for my Ajax side in 2014 from Santos for 500k...

2014-15 Season he played 38 games and scored 34 in all comps.

2015-16 Season played 34 and scored 29.

Sold to Dortmund that summer for 28.5m. Tidy little profit.

Loads of good bargains in this game. Don't want to say too much about the ways to find them but you can often pick up players for below value even when they are not listed if you are willing to look hard enough. Picked up some good PL players for below £2m throughout the game. Alberto Cerri is my favourite free signing so far as he played well for me and I sold him for £24m after 18 months at my club.

I love bringing in old players who still have some residual quality from their prime. A bargain in transfer fees, but it doesn't do the wage budget any good.

Cabaye for 200k was the last one.

Same! I love an oldie, have done it with every team on every save over the years. Definitely had a penchant for signing old legends too - Gilberto Silva, Bobby Pires, Patrick Vieira all back to Arsenal and as coaches eventually. Sentimental reasons mainly.

Playing as Boavista I sold a player to Feyenoord for £7million. Two seasons later I noticed that his contract was coming to an end and being able to offer better wages than I ever could before meant that I could get him back for free, but for a little bit of a cost in the terms of wages. He's an outrageous talent, with full international honours at the age of 19 and is now a fixture in Portugal's midfield at the age of 21. So hopefully I can keep him happy and healthy and he can lead me to success in Europe as well as domestically.

He was a terrier in the midfield as we won the league and the league cup in his second season back, after winning the Portuguese Cup in his first season back. Worth every penny that had to come out of the wage budget...

• 3 months later...

In CM 01/02 some crazy players would end up free. Man Utd signed Henry on a free transfer after one season, so their front line was Van Nistelrooy and Henry.

Naturally, being CM 01/02, such a stellar strike force had trouble scoring.

hmmm will look at him which is he in first season?

Nope, was a regen generated in my 3rd season, when I was in the Second Division. Got promoted that year, after coming 3rd in the Portuguese Premier League the year after I sold him on. He stagnated a bit in his development abroad but two years worth of starting experience in the Dutch league and Europa League don't do many players much harm. The free transfer came along and he was worth every penny as after he came back we won 4 straight league titles (came second the two years he was away), 4 domestic cups in 5 seasons, 4 League Cups in 5 seasons, 1 Europa League and European Super Cup. Unfortunately I had to sell much of that team after a defeat to Barcelona in the Champion's League Semi-finals when my guy was just getting into his prime. I had to quit the save soon afterwards.

Does FM12 count?

If so, bringing back Torres to Anfield for £1M. Scored 30 goals in 2014-15, 24 in 2015-16.

Could have gone further, unfortunately he suffered a career-ending injury and missed out on a league winners' medal. :(

Corchia, for 4million in the beginning of the 2nd season. At the end of the season he was valued at 20million xD

I did exactly this for my PSV side. 2 years later he moves to Barcelona for £20 million. That save I did so well in the transfer market; I made profit on almost every player I bought, and used it to strengthen the side. Eventually got to UCL semi finals (via some extremely lucky games, I must admit) before leaving for Leverkusen. At Leverkusen I signed a regen 'keeper on a free who has 5 star potential; is currently 3 stars and 20 years old. He promised to be a monster.

In my current save I signed Vidic for a free transfer at the end of the first season for Arsenal, and he was then the rock in a defense that only conceded 15 goals in the league all season and were one game away from going unbeaten (bloody Hull of all teams stopped me!).

Not really a Soccer fan, but I am a simulator fan. A friend bought me this game recently.

I mention this because I do not know much about who is good and which young guys are actually promising in real life.

I bought a player named Alberto Cerri from Parma for 930k. All I was really looking at was scouting reports and I noticed he was 1 star with a 4.5 potential.

Anyway, at the moment he has 34 goals 12 assists, 11 POM, and a 9.10 rating in 27 appearances for my under 19 team.

This is the first season, he is 17yo. I expected to leave him or loan him for the next season to begin with, but with that even on that team I almost have to try him on my primary team right?

I got ter Stegen on a free after one season. Surely one of the top keepers in the game and young enough to be my first-choice for the next 12 years.

Also picked up a Danish 16 year old defender for 400k, now he's 19 and worth £20m.

Sebastian Driussi in 23/24 season as Barcelona. He was a free agent and playing as a shadow striker behind Neymar, he scored 31 goals in his first season.

Jordan Rhodes in 13/14 season as Southampton. Signed him for £4 million on January deadline day. Scored 12 in 15 so far and I've got 3 league games and a cup final still to play.

A few regens also on my Barcelona save have been superstars for my team coming from the Brazilian and Argentinian leagues.

Got Thiago Silva for 21.5M in the second season. With United.

Also, just snatched Thiago (Alacantara) and Eriksen for 23M and 26M respectively.. which is actually a steal since it is lower than what their value is..

However, my bargain buy would be when I got Ibra for 7M after Silva left PSG (he also wanted to move) - considering the fact that he went on to bang in 25 goals that season ;)

Actually, tbf I have made a lot of bargain buys in my current United save ;)

Same! I love an oldie, have done it with every team on every save over the years. Definitely had a penchant for signing old legends too - Gilberto Silva, Bobby Pires, Patrick Vieira all back to Arsenal and as coaches eventually. Sentimental reasons mainly.

You can buy Puyol and Xavi from me if you want before my wage bill bankrupts the entire planet

Archived