What do you find most annoying about being a football manager?

What annoys you off the most in the game?

For me its when im a small club and bigger clubs come and poach my players. Now i don't mind that so much but its when the likes of Chelsea or Real Madrid etc come in and buy a youngster with great potential but then never play him...i find that annoying...so then they can't fulfill their potential.

Using up most of the transfer budget to buy players who consistently make little effort

also having wonderkids but unable to convert them to world class players in later years

as i have a few posts on this thread already, i realise that despite enjoying the game, i have a lot to complain about

What annoys me most about FM is that it can cause sadness, which kinda sucks seeing as in the end it's just a game.

You make it sound like some sort of disease. It causes me to get angry, but then so do most games when they go wrong or crash.

the unrealistic match engine, especially players who just decide to jog not sprint and let the opposition gain the ball. TBH i could go on alnite about the match engine as its a joke :mad:

What do you find most annoying about being a football manager?

I think you misunderstood what he meant.

Not as bad though. I get mad playing it sometimes too. The whole not able to get a win type of anger during a bad run of form.

Once as manager of Hyde i lost 16 games on the bounce, then got sacked. I need to re think my managerial ambitions, no longer win the Champions League, just win a damn game.

Having my scouts return pretty much nothing for months, then coming up with:

He highly recommends this player:

Francesc Fabregas (Arsenals 21 year old midfielder who is rated at £29M)

Why am I paying this guy thousands a week for something which, with no prior knowledge to football at all, I could have found on Google in 15 seconds maximum.

Having my scouts return pretty much nothing for months, then coming up with:

He highly recommends this player:

Francesc Fabregas (Arsenals 21 year old midfielder who is rated at £29M)

Why am I paying this guy thousands a week for something which, with no prior knowledge to football at all, I could have found on Google in 15 seconds maximum.

Thanks for the tip, i'm going to look up this Arsenal player you speak of.

Q: What do you find most annoying about being a football manager?

A1: IRL(As GK coach that is) - Players that just dont listen, and do whatever they want to

A2: In FM - Players that just dont listen, and do whatever they want to

I guess my dicipline, communication and motivation skills must be awful :(

the post asked for one, but i have three

1) not being able to yell at the 4th official like other managers can.

2) not having the option of telling mark hughes that i'm turing down his bid for a player because if the bad relationship (which HE initiated) between us, like he can if i bid for a man city player.

3) the fact that all the managers who dislike you in england can gang up on you and withdraw pretty much the whole national team from friendlies if u manage a club and the english national team at the same time, with no consequences to them for doing this. i'm sure if this happened irl, the fa would certainly step in and do something.

My worst fears was the blue screen of Windows, but now my worst fear is playing match on FM09, no matter what I do i seem to draw and loose a lot. I start different games and each game I pick a tactic and stay with it.

Also I think that in terms of design the game needs revamp. Like Clubs who don't have B team, my loan players showing in tactical screen. It seems to be a very extremelly awful bug, thta makes me feel the game to be incomplete. Yes I have that option to hide my loan players, but that makes them to be hide them when i see all the players I have at my club.

The amazingly super keepers,even though there really not super if you get me.

You could have the best attackers in the world have 20 shots on target and might score 1 goal and the other team will have 2 shots on target and score 2 goals even though you have the worlds best defenders and goalkeeper.

The amazingly super keepers,even though there really not super if you get me.

You could have the best attackers in the world have 20 shots on target and might score 1 goal and the other team will have 2 shots on target and score 2 goals even though you have the worlds best defenders and goalkeeper.

I'm with you; that annoys me the most. It always seems to be the same keepers that play well against me. Michael Rensing (LOL!), Shay Given, Almunia (LOL!); et cetera. I wouldn't mind if Rensing and Almunia were actually good, but let's be honest, they're not exactly capable of keeping 15+ shots out of the net in real life.

the match engine (players doing a crab-man impression whilst going for the ball), the injuries (you can be damned sure 3+ of your players will get injured in a big rival match) and just random BS like the keeper standing looking at the ball whilst someone else runs in and nicks it.

Losing.

I came into this thread to say that.

There is nothing more annoying than watching your team lose.

Also, some people seem to be missing the point of this thread. It isn't about what you find most annoying about the game. It's about what annoys you as a manager.

That as i entrust my assistant manager to take care of a lowly team in the scottish league cup in which im on a virtual holiday he wins it by 3-0 and when I arrive back discover he loaned out my top scorer to a team in the league below in which there are no recalls for half a season.

Archived