Players all getting jaded?

I'm rotating my players pretty regularly but my players all suddenly getting jaded and in need of a rest. I have 3 players on holiday right now because of it. This happened just after I played about 2 games since 12.1.

As soon as the update came through, I had half of my team in need of rest, sent them all on holiday, sucks.

Ah, didn't connect this with 12.1 until now, thought it was due to a long season with a shortened rest due to being involved in the play-offs. Now I'm not so sure. Had 2 players last season and 1 this season, and before that none in 13 seasons.

It's not a bug, it's working as it is supposed to. The bug was that your players were getting jaded, but you didn't know about it. Now you do, you can rotate your squad to manage it.

Note that low jadedness hardly affects performance at all. However, if the player is very jaded, he'll struggle to play well. Rotating a low jaded player out for a week is generally enough. Also remember that international players who get shorter breaks have a greater tendency towards jadedness and should be closely monitored.

Ah, perhaps the coaches need to word it better in the training reports then. It says 'xxxxx xxxx is looking jaded and will need time away from the game or an extended break', resulting in me sending them on holiday, and missing two games.

I will try rotation more, but it's pretty annoying that it seems to happen to your star performers. I usually keep the same XI unless players underperform and it's a select two or three who are consistently getting jaded, with the rest of them coping fine.

Ah, perhaps the coaches need to word it better in the training reports then. It says 'xxxxx xxxx is looking jaded and will need time away from the game or an extended break', resulting in me sending them on holiday, and missing two games.

I will try rotation more, but it's pretty annoying that it seems to happen to your star performers. I usually keep the same XI unless players underperform and it's a select two or three who are consistently getting jaded, with the rest of them coping fine.

I would imagine this type of thing is a knock on from it not working prior to the patch. You'll have been over-playing / training your players without knowing, so they will be highly jaded. Players playing all the time are, of course, the one's most likely to get jaded.

I'm sorry but something is clearly wrong with this. I've tried rotation and it hasn't worked one bit. I've advanced six months in game time, given a grand total of about six weeks off to some players and still they are jaded after one full game. Combined with the horrendous new morale changes in this patch it has totally destroyed my season, turned it into a write-off basically. Even if you are correct and they are tired from the pre-patch games their tiredness shouldn't build up and punish you post-patch.

People will always try to justify s*** like this but it has ruined my game. Not happy.

I'm sorry but something is clearly wrong with this. I've tried rotation and it hasn't worked one bit. I've advanced six months in game time, given a grand total of about six weeks off to some players and still they are jaded after one full game. Combined with the horrendous new morale changes in this patch it has totally destroyed my season, turned it into a write-off basically. Even if you are correct and they are tired from the pre-patch games their tiredness shouldn't build up and punish you post-patch.

People will always try to justify s*** like this but it has ruined my game. Not happy.

I haven't had any problems with jadedness after the patch, except in the youth team which I don't control. Could it be that holidaying them just adds to the problems? Wwfan just told us that this was previously hidden information.

Are you training them hard enough and do you let them become 100% before playing them again? Those are two things I think is important.

So let me get this straight...players get jaded because they are played to much?!?! Doesn't that sound oxymoronic? Any other team sport that I can think of (North American as where I live), that's nowhere near the case. Players would kill to play all games.

Is this really how football players react in real life? They get jaded because their manager thinks they're good enough to play?

It's not a bug, it's working as it is supposed to. The bug was that your players were getting jaded, but you didn't know about it. Now you do, you can rotate your squad to manage it.

Note that low jadedness hardly affects performance at all. However, if the player is very jaded, he'll struggle to play well. Rotating a low jaded player out for a week is generally enough. Also remember that international players who get shorter breaks have a greater tendency towards jadedness and should be closely monitored.

So, we're just looking "under the hood" and seeing something that was there all along?

Is this related to the injury "bug"? (Which I don't get.)

This is a bug or a really bad feature. Both as bad as each other. Had this happen to me, literally went from having 95% plus on my first team squad (about 22 players) after the first game of the patch, most jaded/< 80%!

I took over Inter half way through the sseason, in no European Comps, or Cup Comps.. i rotate ALOT to avoid the above, (which has never happened in 8 seasons so far for me, even when i was Ajax, and had 19 First Team Players in all Comps possible..

If its NOT a bug, then the "feature" needs to be re-evaluated and sorted..

• SI Staff

It's going to most likely be the fact that going onto the new patch has seen the players that should have really been getting jaded but weren't and it is now kicking in.

In my own experience, I've had a game running for 2 seasons in the npower Championship started on patch 2 - and I've only rested a handful of players at one point or another. Twice has been my main centre back who played the vast majority of games in a squad that got quite a bit of rotation. Other players it has happened to for me has been Under 18 players who were playing Under 18 and Reserve games. I imagine the amount of workload they have in training and match preparation would also have an affect on their condition.

I've got one player who has played some 25 games this season and he had a bad injury last year, as well as having quite low stamina and natural fitness - it seems quite fine to me that he is in regular needs of rest at the moment after a tough period of games. In fact, since the jaded thing has popped up I've been getting better performances out of him by using him when he is fit and ready rather than everytime he is above 95% condition.

Funny thing s - in my save only my reserve team players are jadad (all of them!!!) and they don't play any games at all, while my first team consists of 18 players and I allmost never rotate (except for injuries and bans)...
A quick couple of questions for people who have found their players becoming jaded;

1) How hard to you train the players?

2) How often do you give them a day off (under schedule options for 1 day, 2 days or a week)?

Apparently, those who do no.2 regularly are those who struggles the most with jadedness, so it may seem that jadedness is tied to lack of good training and general fitness and not having played too many matches.

There should be a third fitness bar, showing the statistic that is used (or was used in FM11's pre-season meeting) to compare fitness levels with other teams in the league. This is where a good coach setup and training facilities really contributes to good performances on the pitch! But I wouldn't know for sure since this is something happening "under the hood".

• Administrators

You don't always need to send them off on holiday, you can 'rest' them from training and it will have a similar effect. Also if you're players are tired at the start of the season, take into account if they were involved in a major International championship and whether they had enough of a summer break. All these things are those managers have to take into account in real life and wasn't working correctly before.

Also, most importantly, you can still play players when they are jaded - yes they may not be at 100% and there's perhaps more chance of injury, but in the modern game players regularly play when they could do with a rest (England at the World Cup anyone?) so it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

The biggest problem with this is the sudden loss of stats, My striker (Yaya Sanogo) has dropped alarmingly. I rested him and 6 months down the line he hasn't recovered his stats. This would not happen in real life, you don't lose your finishing ability for 6 months because you were tired!

• Administrators

daz, I'd imagine his stats have gone 'elsewhere' - have you trained him in a new position or has another stat gone up? If he's hit his PA peak then his stats can 'change' but he can't go over what his PA is.

• Administrators
Also, experiencing this. Any tips on how to counter it would be much appreciated. I rotate my players quite often so this really shouldn't be happening.

Remember younger players are more likely to get jaded first. Just make sure your training isn't too intense and rest them when you can.

My post was there to show how condition is important in FM. You must not disregard this when you manage. Without a perfect condition, player will not used his maximum capacities. As I said before, this will affect performance, morale and increase risk of injury.

And to manage condition, you need some tools : match exercise, condition control between two matches, and training adjustment.

So my post are not for the FM user who raise chickens, they create training schedule with a heavy workload and didn't adjust it during one season and for some of them, even all seasons in their game.

So first thing, it's match exercise !

To be "ready to play", a player need to play. So before season start, you need to organise friendly matches. Depending on the player physical attributes, they will need from 4 to 7 or 8 matches before having the "ready to play" status. For sure, the player need to play complete 90mns match not only 10 minutes. Without this "ready to play" status and 100% condition, player will not play at his best and also his training will not be completely gainful.

But Once this "ready to play" status reached, player need to maintain it by regular match performance. For example, a player who not play during 10 days or 2 weeks can lost this status and not be at 100%. To avoid this, you need to let him play in the Reserve team. (you need to create one week friendly match for your reserve and select players who didn't play in your A team this week).

Now that you can keep his "ready to play" status, you need also a 100 % Condition all along the season, so you need to control it.

After a match, player will need a certain time to recover to 100% condition before his next match. The rule, it's that in less than 7 days, a player in shape must recover 100%. If not, you need to decrease his training workload to relieve the intensity and promote recovery. If match schedule is not too much shaded and your player is playing regular, you will find after a few weeks the perfect setting between a good training volume and his recovery time between matches.

(If you have match all 3 days, it's impossible to keep 100% condition so you need to make rotation between your players).

So you can understand now why the individual training is the best way to manage player condition depending on his playing time cause you need to be able to adjust workload independently. (So position training where you can find 5 players in the same training program will not let you this possibility to do that.)

The general training workload will be different from player to another depending from his qualities, his playing time, condition and recovery time aptitude. So the workload need to be adjust before each match if condition are lacking. But unfortunately, we will not know ,if the adjustment is enough, before the next match.

In the same way, if we see a faster condition recovery before the next match, we can increase this workload.

The rule, it's that in less than 7 days, a player in shape must recover 100%. If not, you need to decrease his training workload to relieve the intensity and promote recovery.

... or he was not training hard enough (and thus not being fit enough) to begin with, so you would need to increase his training intensity and/or the quality of the training facilities and/or the coaches.

If you rest your team after every match to boost recovery, their fitness levels will decrease and thus they will become jaded after every match. A day without training is not the same as recovery - athletes recover by training in special ways not by resting. When that is said in certain extreme situations rest may be necessary, but doing so 50-100 days a year will destroy your team. The more rest they get the more they need, so this is a logical fallacy.

Consequently, jadedness is a result of bad training, either in the club or by the individual.

I will need SI to go out against this before I'd consider changing my mind.

Yes Biggus, you're right, giving a rest to player doesn't help to recover condition and it breaks the training routine, so I never used it until player is too jaded and rest is recommended.

About decreasing training workload, I forget to mention that I begin all training program with the heaviest workload. Each week, I check all players to see if they are unhappy(with their training). If unhappy, I decrease one notch.

If condition recovery is not enough, I decrease one notch also.

and this routine, each week. So You can understand that after a few weeks, I find the exact and perfect setting of their training who make them happy and in the same time, give their enough recovery time to reach 100%. (Logically, this settings will remain a few months only cause later in the season I would need to decrease workload due to jadedness of player and matches cumulation).

After updating to the new patch I started to get a couple of jaded icons on playesr - I thought that it was going to ruin my season as I was halfway through and on a promotion push.

Sees like I was wrong though - it only happened to a couple of players here and there and the jaded icon only stayed for the day after the match - then the icons went - fitness went back up and no decrease in attributes. I haven't sent the players for a rest and I have my match prep on high workload as well as average individual training regimes.

So it seems, at least so far for me, that this isn't a problem.

so i'm confused a little bit.. which one is beneficial, resting between matches ? or continue training and rotate players?

I'd say, check if his training performance is poor and if it is tell him to work harder if he is to play first-team football, and do so assertively. If it is fine, just don't pick him for the next match and he'll be fine. I wouldn't rest him unless the jadedness is severe.

My training workload is set to the highest point of Average, but the physical categories are actually set to less than or equal to the standard schedules. I have had no problems so far.

I have very good coaches but poor facilities at Bradford, I think. At Roma they are both very good.

so i'm confused a little bit.. which one is beneficial, resting between matches ? or continue training and rotate players?

Don't rest between match. Rest option must be select only if the player or staff is asking to do it (if you have the info to rest him).

You need to continue training and rotate players. You just need to check if he recovers or not his condition before the day of next match. If not, decrease his training workload.

Yes with no problems at the moment you do. But after one, two seasons ? what about the moral, training progression ? and one more time, in a top club, but in a small one, with a small manager reputation, is it the same ? I don't think so.

The rest option who can be selected and announced in the media is justified at the end of the season when the player is objectively overworked and exhausted by a long season. Otherwise, the player would consider it as a shelving from his manager rather than a health precaution.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been noticing the jaded issue but I'm managing just fine. I don't see what the problem is personally. I'm managing a Blue Square Premier side who usually play every weekend and often in the middle of the week also, not to mention we have FA Trophy and FA Cup games to worry about. I have a pretty solid starting 11 and a few of them are prone to getting the orange icon needing a rest and they occasionally become jaded. After every match I view the squad's fitness levels and react accordingly. If they are very tired I find giving 1 day's rest is enough. 'A little jaded' means 2 days rest usually, and anything else is 3 days rest. If I'm winning a match comfortably I can usually substitute the players who often get jaded to preserve their fitness. This method works very well and if I happen to have a match on a Sunday and a match on a Tuesday then I'll either play the 'little jaded' players anyway or give a backup player a chance to shine. I did this for a whole season and we ended up getting promoted, even going 20 matches unbeaten over the hectic Christmas schedule and including cup-ties! Very rarely did I ever have to have one of my top players missing a match.

Will this be getting fixed next patch? It's absolutely unbearable and there's no realistic or logical excuse for a player being jaded and needing a holiday away from the club after 2 months of the season. Please fix this, it's ruining the game.

Totally agree with you, this needs sorting out along with the stupid amount of injuries. It's OK saying 'do this' and 'do that' and 'rotate' etc,etc...... The 'fixes' suggested for these problems can only really be implemented by larger (richer) clubs. What is the point of adding such a complex way of keeping players at 100% to the game when most clubs in the country can't afford the staff and facilities to carry out these 'fixes'. And as for rotation, this game is relying too heavily on it to the point where it is becoming unrealistic. How many teams can you mention from league 1 & 2 (or even lower) that could possibly afford to keep the size of squad we need so that we can rotate players to the extent that this game seems to need? A much more simple solution would be.............. 'turn the bloody injuries down, please'!

Never had an issue with this myself, but i did notice when i was playing Manchester United that they had a 17year old from their U18s team in goal. Turned out de Gea, Lindegaard and the reserve keepers were all very jaded and in need of a long rest, with no prior injuries either. Very weird but that's the only time i have ever noticed this being slightly out of control.

I put 7 past him though!

This seems to be a problem if I have a particularly young squad. Kids these days hey, idol b******s.

When my squad is well balanced between young and old it's much easier to manage this. If at lower levels make sure you keep as big as squad as you can afford and don't bother with a reserve team if your numbers are low.

I don't seem to have too much of this "jaded" problem; probably because I do a lot of chopping 'n changing to the 1st. team to avoid the "Dickhead wants 1st. team football" syndrome. The solution for one problem is coincidentally perhaps providing a solution for the other.

I keep the training setting in the bottom half of the "medium" bar which manages to keep the players fit for most games.

I never ever send them on holiday during the season unless I get a message about it (which isn't often).

Archived