Most hated line in FM

I was gonna say the Row Z one because it's one of the least funny things ever and it really does need taking out. It's not clever.

As it's been said already, I go with "he's taking no chances there". An innocuous sounding one until you've seen it for the 1,000th time and then I just feel like screaming "I GET IT! HE'S JUST GETTING THE BALL OUT OF DANGER!"

In press conferences I hate "substituting so-and-so when he was on two goals was controversial. He can't have been too pleased about that" every damn time you do it.

The AI loves to play goalless wonders against you, especially in the champions league games lol.

I'm not sure you've quite understood the thread. Unless I'm missing something. I've been wrong about this kind of thing before.

His first goal of the season..... and it's always against YOU

Well, I try to look at it this way: Over the season your team will also give out about 20 or more "first goal of the season". So it's not that unfair.

...and I still rage every time I see it.

"And that is his very first goal for..."

No matter how many versions I play, everyone on earth scores their very first goal against me :)

(second run through the demo, getting to grips with stuff now, it's excellent)

yes ..I am glad its not only me then!!!

I use the unoffical stuff now you can get it via editors forum ...its great not seeing the same old lines over and over

So and so scored his first goal....

He's tacking no chances there...-this is usually preceded by your defender turning 180 degree's and kicking the ball out for a corner whilst under no pressure :lol:

couldnt handle so and so

and my all time fav HE MUST SURELY SCORE! (or something like that)...-usually pops up on its own and out of the blue, really gets your hopes only to be followed by absolutely f*** all, really does my head in that one.

"Even the manager has his head in hands" Something like that, I see that waaay too many times, And i can assure you im not holding my head in my hands, Im shouting you ******** SCORE For ****** Sake :|

Haha i was gonna say "so and so looks like he wants the ground to open up." but yours is a classic

"He wants a penalty given for the foul by X!"

FFS! It's not the foul, at absolute best it's a foul but since the referee has waved play on it's not even that. I know it's stupidly trivial but it drives me insane every time I see it. :mad:

Maybe I should file a bug report!

Its got to be "a quickfire double!" or the words to that effect when the opposition score 2 goals around about the 80 min mark- not annoying by itself but when combined with the line "they are sinking without a trace" at 2-0 absolutely infuriating.

:mad:

Goooaaaalll Gooooaaaallll Goooooaaaaalll

That always irritates me to death, especially as it mostly appears when the opposition team scores a flukish wonder goal from outside the area.

Mine would have to be "xxxxxx will take this!", followed by a look at the stats showing a 1-1 draw where they had 1 shot to your 56. Of course they'll take that. :mad:

Haha, yes :D

How about when the commentary is like "X will feel he could have contributed more today" and you think to yourself well I don't know, he only missed four open goals today, that isn't so bad...

I hate 'He didn't mean that' when my winger scores from out wide. its never 'He seen the keeper out of position and took a chance'

EDIT: just like to add. Would have Beckham's half-way line goal back in the day show up has 'He didn't mean that'

That's probably because he attempted a cross, and it ended up going into the net! A goal is a goal, mind you...

That's probably because he attempted a cross, and it ended up going into the net! A goal is a goal, mind you...

I know 99.9% of the time he tried to cross but it IRL I've seen players who try to catch the keeper off gaurd and succeed so it would be nice if on the rare occasion it shows that the player had good vision.

The "first goal for..." or "That's his first goal of the season..." against you is horrific, especially if its an end of season game and you're fighting for something.

The other one is "...has been dominant in the air today", when you've lost 2 goals from headers.

I don't know what exactly it says but it's when you do a curling shot - it calls it a "banana shot". Who ever calls it that?

'Banana shot' is very old school but was still being used when i was in the juniors, got phased out gradually to be replaced by curler.

'he hits it into row z' when the ball has only just dropped over the line for a throw in.

'they are appealing for handball' after what looked like a foul was in the build up play but the ball never went near an arm

'he should of scored' after a striker puts wide from 25 yards with the gk still to beat

'player x and company didnt look like losing' after scraping a 2-1 win in an even game

'thats into the crowd behind the goal' when its often an empty stand at lower league level

What is Row Z? :D :D :D

I was reading whenever a player sent off "...two footed" :D

"Row Z" is slang for "top row of the stadium" or even outside the stadium, which usually refers to shots by Emile Heskey or Fernando Torres, whose shots are so bad they are rugby tries at times.

"Row Z" for throw-ins is annoying, too - how many players literally boot it out there? It's not a good idea, anyway, as it guarantees (at top tier anyway) that a ballboy will chuck another ball out immediately, which doesn't slow down the play - most players just put it out of play so the attacking team is forced to retrieve the ball.

'he hits it into row z' when the ball has only just dropped over the line for a throw in.

'they are appealing for handball' after what looked like a foul was in the build up play but the ball never went near an arm

'he should of scored' after a striker puts wide from 25 yards with the gk still to beat

'player x and company didnt look like losing' after scraping a 2-1 win in an even game

'thats into the crowd behind the goal' when its often an empty stand at lower league level

You beat me to this one :D I know the commentary lines are just random for what happens in the game but gotta love it when it says "x boots it into row Z. He's taking no chances there" yet the ball barely dribbles over the line for a throw.

I think that is the only bit of commentary that really annoys me to be honest and definitely wouldn't miss it if it was taken out.

Archived