Your Bogey Team & Lucky Team?

What teams do you hate / love playing against?

Bogey: Nottingham Forest: Although I just beat them I usually find them very hard to beat.

Swansea: Always seem to thrash me, home and away!

Weymouth: Very fustrating when I play them as they are overrated in the game.

Cardiff: Another Welsh team I find difficult to play.

Teams I Love playing:

Bristol Rovers: I always seem to thrash these ;)

Swindon: Easy pickings

Norwich: Don't think i've ever lost against them!

Derby

Aston Villa

What are your teams? :)

Bogey teams have got to be Aston Villa, who always beat me against the odds, and Man City, who seem to always score in the last 10 minutes, leaving me no time to get back in the game.

Teams I love playing against are Arsenal, who I always seem to beat for some unknown reason, and Southampton, who I've played 5 times in my current save, and won them all 4-0 or more.

anyone of the other 19 teams in the league but if i was to pinpoint any one team i couldnt

villa liverpool chelsea the scum and the spuds are the main ones but if i was to mention a rubbish team that always do well against me it would everton

Bloody Wigan ! They've been relegated now right enough but they always gave me a rough time :( . I always seem to go two or three nil up against everton in the first half but they always claw it back and sometimes go on to win it, so frustrating .

I suppose if anyone, i like playing against the top four or teams with higher reputations except city they're just ridiculously good :L .

My bogey team in my current save was Carlisle when I was in League One for 3 seasons, for some reason they always gave me a right bashing at their place and they're not even that good! Good job I got promoted :p

My lucky team to play against in my current save is Norwich, and luckily they got promoted with me so I am guaranteed another 6 points from them in my bid to survive in the Championship lol

actually Tevestal lost to them 4 out of 4 at moment playing level 10

I was thinking its actually a shame the game dont reconise Bogey sides. I have not got pre-match word from press saying well so and so next oponents which they are a side we never do well.

Sadly my lowly side not got a favourite Heanor closest 3 wins 1 defeat.

Bogey teams:

Man City - Never used to be, but in FM10 these matches could go either way. Too difficult to predict, and usually plenty of goals.

Portsmouth - If Pompey grab a goal, which they tend to do, they sit back and defend which makes it difficult.

Bolton - I think I struggle against Bolton because they have the height advantage, though it's a similiar scenario to the above.

Lucky teams:

Newcastle - I relish this fixture as I know it's a goal frenzy - and my GD is usually much better off afterwards!

Liverpool - No wins for Rafa against me, though some managers in the Premiership can boast this so far this season as well ;)

In the past, teams like Chelsea, Inter and Barcelona have been difficult to beat but this season it's pretty even.

I pretty much dominate domestically (as Villa), so don't have any real bogey teams, the one I struggle the most against is Man City probably, so I'll go for European bogey/lucky teams.

Bogey Team: Lyon - Have not beat them in 6 meetings, they have knocked me out of the twice in the knockout stages

Lucky Team: AC Milan. Played 3 games scored 11, conceded 1. Including a 5-0 thrashing in the European Cup Final.

I am Southampton in the premiership for my 3rd year now.

Bogey team - Burnley

Played them twice in championship and lost both We then both got promoted

Played them 6 times in prem and lost all, even in my premiership winning season!

So I have never got any points against them even though I am best team in England and their always relegation fighting

Lucky team - Tottenham

As soon as I got promoted I have beaten them every time I have played them

and I always score at least 3 against them, I enjoy playing them

Well I gotta say West Ham and Aston Villa can be a real bitch to play against.

I gotta say I'm pretty good against pretty much everyone else apart from huge teams.

Edit: Oh yeah Everton is a real bitch aswell, just got them in the FA Cup 3rd round.. I can't say i'm pleased to be honest with some of the teams I could of had.

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely Man City... (I manage Chelsea) The first 5 games we played against each other were all draws then they won 4 in a row, I eventually won 1 only to lose the most recent match.

Played: 11

Won: 1

Drawn: 5

Lost: 5

Scores (Chelsea - Man City)

2009 - 1-1

2010 - 3-3

2-2

2011 - 0-0

1-1

4-5

2012 - 2-3

0-1

0-3

2013 - 2-1

1-2

Man City & Everton tend to be my bogey teams, even took a 6-0 tonking at eastlands where I was 5 down at half time.

I always seem to struggle against Wolves as well, but do pick up points from them.

I seem to love playing against Tottenham, even with Super Gomes in goal, I never seem to fail to pick up 3 points home & away.

I do seem to get decent results against the so called "Big 4" as well.

im bristol city in prem on fm10

bogey team liverpool (only ever beat them in cups. 1 win in prem in 13 matches)

Arsenal are my lucky team have won 9 of 14 matches played in prem and only lost once and scores at home against gunners have always been 3 nil or 4 nil (except after promotion won 1 nil and they finished with 9 players)

i also hate playing man city always struggle, west brom are my other tough side to beat even when im miles on to win the game and play full strength sqaud

Villa are definitely my bogey team. Also Benfica. Had them in my CL group 3/4 seasons and every single time they beat me either at home or away. Can't seem to beat them twice.

My lucky team is Wolves. Always smash them.

Bogey Team:

Morecombe they always thrash me when i play them away.

Man Utd, always thrash me and if not, they score late goals against me.

Tottenham, Sick of Spurs, they always seem to beat me

Lucky Teams:

Gillingham, always batter these 4-0 etc.

Middlesbrough, i always seem to beat them.

Birmingham, have always beat them so far on FM10

Over the years of FM the team that clearly stands out for me as a bogey one is: Tottenham.

Doesn't matter who I am, positions in the league, what year it is, what version of FM it is they always seem to win.

That's the spurs for you. One word: Awe-inspiring.

My bogey is Wolves. They just frustrate my guys and always seem to find the net at crucial moments. Seem to have a ton of trouble against Hull, Gilhas has six prem goals this year, all against me.

I usually play well against Man City. This is with Leeds so I don't always take three, but we've never been smashed by them.

In my current save as Bristol Rovers, I'm finding Southampton very difficult to beat, and the rival match against Swindon I can't seem to beat them to dismay of the supporters.

I've given Norwich their fair share of thrashing, though, hopefully condemning them to more League One football. :)

Hopefully promotion is on the cards because I can't wait to play against Bristol City, Cardiff and Swansea. I also can't wait for the chance to give Roy Keane's Ipswich something to think about.

only played lower divisions

lucky teams.... mansfield, ebbsfleet, hereford, southend, gillingham and beat brighton 7 times in a row so far.

bogey teams.... luton town and bradford. always seem to get stuffed when i play these 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bogey team: Has to be Wolves. Think i've won them once in 3 seasons and we scraped it 1-0. Every time we play them Hennessey gets MOTM, we fail to score and it either ends 0-0 or they nick a goal from a corner/free kick. Annoying. We seem to get hammered by Man City every time we play them as well, but of course that's down to Man City being the best team in the history of the universe (According to FM).

Lucky team: Sunderland :( Lost to them once in 7 meetings, and that was when we were in League One. Like I said in another thread, i'm sure FM lets me beat them every time because i've got them as my favourite team. We've also had some good times against Hull.

In the very short time of game play:

Bogey teams:

Ebbsfleet United - Can handle them for the first 89 minutes, but when I get past that point, I know I am ****ed

Norwich City - How many times have they beat me?

Lucky teams:

Vauxhall - Always seem to get them in a cup tie, and beat them with ease

Kidderminster - I know how to play against them ;)

Archived