Will "930 Love" occur in 2010?

V Love in 930 is crazy, come on, we all watched his performance in Brazil National team, he's a decent player, should not have such a high PA and 20 important match for sure. I really think SI made these data on purpose. I really hope there won't be some decent players IRL become god like in FM.

You can't really say what a player's PA is going to be. The research is over a year old, so maybe he was playing his socks off last year, or at least showing potential. Don't forget, Francis Jeffers scored over 20 goals one season. V Love may go the same way as Jo, but he might improve this season and become a [fat-but-not-in-his-prime] Ronaldo. He's still young enough to go either way.

I think sometimes these 'Gods' in the game are the fondest memories. You can have a laugh thinking back to times when you spent 20 million on Ibrahim Bakayoko and how he just bossed Serie A, but when he turned up at Everton and you expected the same, and got nothing like it.

Thats why there will always be FM Legends!

V Love in 930 is crazy, come on, we all watched his performance in Brazil National team, he's a decent player, should not have such a high PA and 20 important match for sure. I really think SI made these data on purpose. I really hope there won't be some decent players IRL become god like in FM.

SI don't do the data, researchers do. Whoever did his data severely overrated him, that's all. It'll be fixed in the FM10 data but then some other player someplace else will get overrated. Researchers sometimes just make honest mistakes.

SI don't do the data, researchers do. Whoever did his data severely overrated him, that's all. It'll be fixed in the FM10 data but then some other player someplace else will get overrated. Researchers sometimes just make honest mistakes.

But someone should check these, make sure noone is too overrated like Love.

Looking at this guys' stats irl I think we should agree that he is a top class striker who irl CSKA do not demand over € 20m for just because they feel like it. UEFA Cup top scorer although knocked out in 1/8-finals and a very regular scorer in the league. I don't know his CA/PA in the game but just from what I see irl I'd give him CA 160 and PA 170, so he cannot be ridiculously overrated in the game.

Helpful advice:

You want that level of reality? Go take over an u-14 team.

You want some fun playing this game? Accept the little things with the knowledge that you couldn't do as good even on your best day.

You want to do neither of these? Do it, but try not to post topics in the wrong board, please.

His PA. Come on, it's not hard for them to check the high PA players.

I'm sure they have better things to do. Everyone has his job and it's the researchers job to get it right.

Offcourse in such a huge database there are bound to be mistakes. And tbh there are very little.

To be honest, Vagner Love had a brilliant season and is highly regarded by a lot of people, so he was due an increase in stats and PA, but it's obvious that he was given too much of an increase. I imagine he'll be toned down for 2010, but will still be worth buying.

But the case of a certain Portuguese defensive midfielder is worse, as that has been going for a few years now, and he clearly isn't as world class as his FM stats suggest.

To be honest, Vagner Love had a brilliant season and is highly regarded by a lot of people, so he was due an increase in stats and PA, but it's obvious that he was given too much of an increase. I imagine he'll be toned down for 2010, but will still be worth buying.

But the case of a certain Portuguese defensive midfielder is worse, as that has been going for a few years now, and he clearly isn't as world class as his FM stats suggest.

veloso and moutinho both rated too highly.

in fact the whole sporting lisbon team is rated too highly.

someone needs a word with the researcher.

veloso and moutinho have some amazing stats. but they are mainly mental stats that are good aren't theY?

not sure but their CA's is enough to get them gigs at some of europes top clubs which probably won't happen in real life.

moutinho linked to everton, veloso to bolton etc.

not sure but their CA's is enough to get them gigs at some of europes top clubs which probably won't happen in real life.

moutinho linked to everton, veloso to bolton etc.

Last season they were both linked with United & Chelsea. Tevez and Mascherano ended up at West Ham, depsite having excellent PA's in older games, by all accounts the researcher was right, regardless of who they were linked with/signed for.

Moutinho's very good tbh, Veloso less so.

Vanger Love however is a very good player, just because he isn't a phenominal at international level doesn't make him a not very good player. David Healy is very good playing for Northern Ireland but rubbish at club level.

TBH I'm pretty sure a few of the rumours we hear are due to FM. Every time a new one comes out all the previously unheard of -10's will feature in the following weeks.

Veloso was linked with United for ages, but they didn't buy him. They'd bought Nani and Ronaldo from them so chances are Sporting would've done business. I think the fact that United were linked with him so much but didn't buy him shows that he wasn't worth buying

If Veloso was anywhere near as good as he is on FM, surely someone would've bought him by now?

If yu think about it, all of us think his over rated but the researchers obviously don't. I don't think it's anyones fault its just opinions :D
I love these overrated players.. FM is a game afterall.. :)

:thup: The best two quotes in this thread. Who cares if a player is slightly overrated? (Tonton Zola Moukoko, anyone?)

Change his stats yourself if you are that bothered about it

Every researcher think his team's best/most promissing player will be world class one day, so expect more overrated players in FM10 too.

Then why aren't the world class players come from everywhere? Every country has it's own researchers.

:thup: The best two quotes in this thread. Who cares if a player is slightly overrated? (Tonton Zola Moukoko, anyone?)

Change his stats yourself if you are that bothered about it

TonTon Zola was a legend of a player :D

Him playing just behind Samba and Georcelin was a quality attacking line

Just because Love struggles on the international level doesn't mean his attributes should be toned down. Based on his club record he seems to be doing quite well.

In the end, FM09 is a simulation trying to predict the future. Sure, every once in a while it'll throw out some hard-to-fathom result where some Portuguese kid goes from relative obscurity to world star. But should anyone really be surprised when occasionally it throws up a scenario that seems improbable at the moment?

If you think Love is overrated, you just haven't met the right woman yet...

And I have to say...well played sir.

what about mathieu flamini? his stats are crazy.and he is crap in real life.

You> everybody else. You really watch a lot of football, I can tell from your post. And you know a lot about FM; because you know that he is one footed, so it doesn't eat up a lot of his CA.

There will always be overrated players in FM. And I highly doubt there is one researcher who hasn't overrated a player.

Ah Tonton Zola, there brings back some happy memories, also some Colombian in 02/03 (ish), christ what was his name???

I remember John Jairo Mosquera would become a fantastic player, but I think 02/03 may be too early, I may have the wrong player

Archived