** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

ok my success came through using V5, but i decided to use V6 and i dont like it... yea, i score alot but i also concede alot and ive lost many leads.. 1 game in the UEFA Cup i was up 3-0 at HT, by the 70th min it was 3-3 and i only won via a penalty in the 87th then drew the away leg 1-1 to go thru 5-4 on aggregate

also vs birmingham...BIRMINGHAM!! 2 goal lead turned 2-2 by HT, turned 3-4 by the end :confused: I LOST!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

well must say V6 is the best for me.

i'm playing Beveren in the belgian league.

the first season i used V4 home and V5 away and stranded on a 5th place

then in the second season i finished second and won the playoffs to the first division

because of V4 and V5 not performing in a constant way i switched to V6 and lowered the mentality with 3 nodges and in the first season in div 1 i finished in 3rd place which allowed me the go to the UEFA cup. then the next 4 seasons i always finished third with some minor success in UEFA (reached 2nd round) and now i just won the title for the second time in the row and also won the belgian cup.

i'm having a good time in the belgian league but in the champions league i get beaten. apart from that i enjoy this wonderfull tactic

Just a quick update on my Standard Liege save

Changed From V4 to V6 now from the start of the second season.

Now 15 games into the season W14D1L0. 10 points clear from 2nd!

Was last year's champion so again CL now. With D. Kiev, Werder Bremen and Barcelona as my opponents. Not a real easy group but managed to win against Kiev at home, won against Bremen Away, Drawed 2-2 at home against barça and lost 5-2 at barça.

So I am still pleased as it seems I'll be winning the league again this season and probably make it to the next rounds of the CL. This with a not heavily altered team, mostly invested in youngsters between 16 - 19. Managed to keep my team together only sold Jovanovic & Mbokani and managed to get Marquinhos from the transfer money! (Marquinhos scoring 12 in 10 games now)

So yet again, Thanks Tyler!

just won the premirship with birmingham in only my second season in the prem,finished 2 points clear of arsenal and also have the fa cup final to play.like tyler says in his OP no need for superstar players i just have a good side here is my best 11

gk asenjo

rb n`koulou

lb mattock

cb gioda

cb ignasevich

lm bounanotte

rm krivets

cm kacar

cm skjelbred

fc milevskyi

fc seleznyov

subs-beevers,delph,mcarthur,goitom,adu,beckham,bentgsson,jidayi,preace,driver,kelly

thanks again for a great tactic

just won the premirship with birmingham in only my second season in the prem,finished 2 points clear of arsenal and also have the fa cup final to play.like tyler says in his OP no need for superstar players i just have a good side here is my best 11

gk asenjo

rb n`koulou

lb mattock

cb gioda

cb ignasevich

lm bounanotte

rm krivets

cm kacar

cm skjelbred

fc milevskyi

fc seleznyov

subs-beevers,delph,mcarthur,goitom,adu,beckham,bentgsson,jidayi,preace,driver,kelly

thanks again for a great tactic

How many of these players did you buy in season 2? My team died completely in season 2 after coming 3rd?

I had got NOTHING to work with Man Utd. At home I was solid, if unspectacular, away I couldn't buy a goal.

With this formation things are going well, I am yet to lose a game in the league (second season, 22 games in) have only drawn 6. and am sat at the top of the Prem 10 points clear. In Europe things are also going well, supreme at home and picking up 1-0 wins away.

All in all a whole hearted recomendation of this tactic!

Mr Team:

GK - Van der Saar (Last year, being replaced by Akinfeev in the summer)

DL - Gareth Bale

DR - Rafael

DC - Ferdinand

DC - Vidic

ML - Tosic

MR - Nani (That's right, I sold Ronaldo! £65 M)

MC - Carrick

MC - Jao Moutinho

FC - Wayne Rooney

FC - Carlos Tevez/Berbatov/Ballotelli (£16m from Inter)

I love this tavtic (v6), I am playing with real madrid, won my first season with 15 points to villarreal, i scored 90 goals and got 21 against me. Raul became topscorer, Huntelaar second with 18 goals, and he was injured atleast 3 month and Pepe scored amazing 15 goals. I lost the cl semifinals to barcelona.

The 2 season I have started ok, is placed second after 8 games with 3 point to barcelona. I have won over Juventus, Liverpool in my CL group.

Totaly I have played 72 games so far, Won 52 drawn 12 lost 8, scored 167 (2,3 p/m), conceded 45 (0.6 p/m)

Thanks for a great tactic.

Well V6 is a good tactic and produces goals in the 1st half, but if your up against a good team or playing an away match then it can fall appart in the second half due to teamtalk effects from opposite manager. Your players tire quickly aswell and when they cant cover the distance anymore then they will leave open gaps for your opponent to exploit.I am still experimenting on how to adjust the tactic to make it more suitable to defend a lead but for now i just switch to V5 and substitute tired players and make sure i have good DM's in CM poition.This usually does the trick for me to defend a lead.

My next match is Arsnenal home so this will be a good test to see what happens.I will open up with V6 and switch to V5 when i have a good lead. I might also wonna substitute a striker for a DMC to make it a 4141 in the V5 tactic but i will keep that trick for less important matches. Will update to give a match report from the arsenal game tomorrow.

v6.

Great attacking but alot of defensive errors.

Struggling to keep a clean sheet.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to tighten up defensivley?nothing i do seems to work.

vargas/chiellini/fazio/azpilicueta is my defense.mandanda and riena in goal. (mandanda is useless by the way.not sure if its down to def though)

Ive tried other fullbacks but not having any joy no matter who i use.

Hi,

After I have passed the middle of the season for the Napoli, started the season 10/11 playing faced two Italians giants and with these fantastic results:

goleadanapolijuve.jpg

internapoli.jpg

Using V6/Piranha and Tyler_bode instructions.

Cheers.

Yes in V6, you do not use striker schedule. Only forward.

Hi Tylerbode. I'm from France. "ve been using your V6 tactic with Tottenham, bought Laurito, Schneiderlin, Santon and Veloso. Results where good. I won the FA Cup twice but lost the UEFA Cup final vs Fiorentina and The English Cup final vs City in 2010. Away matches are still a problem but the tactic is awesome. Just one point, could you please give a link for the training with V6. I'm on Mac and .rar are not working so I'm quite struggling to get the best out of your tactic!

Thanks in advance and thanks for keeping us posted!

Hi Tylerbode. I'm from France. "ve been using your V6 tactic with Tottenham, bought Laurito, Schneiderlin, Santon and Veloso. Results where good. I won the FA Cup twice but lost the UEFA Cup final vs Fiorentina and The English Cup final vs City in 2010. Away matches are still a problem but the tactic is awesome. Just one point, could you please give a link for the training with V6. I'm on Mac and .rar are not working so I'm quite struggling to get the best out of your tactic!

Thanks in advance and thanks for keeping us posted!

.rar should work fine on a mac..

they have their own built in unzipper :s

Well ive been using this tactic for three seasons and without trying to sound horrible ive found it really disapointing. I cant say i feel comfortable at all with AT LEAST a 1/2 of the seasons goals coming from corners due to some challenge keeper exploit. On top of this ive found a 4-3-3 tends to beat me without fault along with the fact that away form is so poor for a team which should at least be in top 4. I simply fail to win anyting because of this away problem no matter what changes in mentalilty i make.

Anyway just my opinion and cheers for the effort.

tyler in the MC position 1 can be DMC and 1 MC or AMC what you prefer?

It doesn't matter. Just look at the Original Post and make sure the people who your planning on starting have the appropriate stats!

I have Veloso & De La Red in the centre, both defensive but they have the right stats according to the original post.

Hope that helps.

V5 for home games is great. But away from home or against the massive teams its average-poor. Does anybody have a good away version of this tactic? Or even a different tactic they use for away games?

a couple of pages back someone released a good away tactic called ''piranha away'' I've benn using it a lote lately and it works really good for away games, I use it even at home

Just finished 2016/17 season with Spurs and have won the league for the fourth year running - also won the FA Cup and Champions League - so another great season all in all.

I used the V6, without any tweaks, in every match throughout the season - I didn't use any other tactic.

Top work Tyler!

Tyler, i have some problems with V6.. I've been using this tactic since 8 matches and, althoug home results are good (3-0, 3-0, 2-0, 3-1), away results are poor (1-1, 0-1, 0-1, 0-1). What can i do to fix this problem?

I'm using AFC Telford, Blue Square North, i'm leading the board after 39 matches and i've the best team of the league. I controled the skills every player should have to play well with V6, and i noticed only defenders are poor, in speed above all.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Italy :D

EDIT: UPDATE

I tried for the first time the teamtalks you'd advice. I think in the reality is bad to say nothing to your players, but i did it against Workington (ok, not Chelsea) and it worked out! Just a 1-0 won, but playing very well and with a lot of reserves.. Now i will see in the next 2 matches if that's ok.

This is the best tactic I've used on 09 by miles. I'm Darlington in 2014, top of the prem (We were taken over by a tycoon, I've spent about £200m in five years!) and playing some great football. I have noticed that the forwards don't seem to score very often, and I too have problems against Man City. Still unbeaten in the league in Jan, so I just want to say thanks. I can enjoy the game again!

one quick question about strikers. Obviously I am looking to buy strikers that fit the description but what is the most important attribute out of the lot?

For example I could afford 3 players

Player 1 has 20 for dribbling, however he only has 6 for pace/acceleration

Player 2 has 6 for dribbling, however he has 20 for pace/acceleration

Player 3 has 14 for dribbling and 14 for pace/acceleration

Which player would be best to get out of those?

Does Dribbling make him better even if he has less pace? or vice versa

one quick question about strikers. Obviously I am looking to buy strikers that fit the description but what is the most important attribute out of the lot?

Dont forget to take technique and first touch into account, no point in having a player that can dribble if he doesent posses the technique to go past his man. Sinds your looking for a striker it depends on what kind of striker you want, i always look for fast ones with at least 10+ strength and heading.Other obvious important stats are composure, finishing, off the ball.

In my opinion his player 3. More balanced.

Dont forget to take technique and first touch into account, no point in having a player that can dribble if he doesent posses the technique to go past his man. Sinds your looking for a striker it depends on what kind of striker you want, i always look for fast ones with at least 10+ strength and heading.Other obvious important stats are composure, finishing, off the ball.

Are there ones which you dont mind being weaker than others. I am a poor team and although I smashed the league last season, only losing 2 games in all comps I need 2 new strikers as mine have been poached.

Obviously I cant afford or attract players with all the stats I want, so I need t make choices between players that fit the bill, but are missing a couple of strong stats in other areas.

From what you say it would be better for me to get palyers with good technical skills rather than a quick bloke who is useless.

a couple of pages back someone released a good away tactic called ''piranha away'' I've benn using it a lote lately and it works really good for away games, I use it even at home

Where is this tactic?

Are there ones which you dont mind being weaker than others. I am a poor team and although I smashed the league last season, only losing 2 games in all comps I need 2 new strikers as mine have been poached.

Obviously I cant afford or attract players with all the stats I want, so I need t make choices between players that fit the bill, but are missing a couple of strong stats in other areas.

From what you say it would be better for me to get palyers with good technical skills rather than a quick bloke who is useless.

If your a lower league then i would defenatly go for balance and 10+ in important stats. try to find a balanced one with a high acceleration rating. I have found that this works well in lower leagues.

Well the Arsenal game is over and i won 2-0 in the end. I opened up with V6 but arsenal outplayed me and created chances so i switched to V5 early. This limited arsenals advance a bit but my team couldend penetrate their defences. First half was over and i used "dissapointed" teamtalk and switched back to V6 for second half. Finally we created chances but both teams were pretty evenly matched. I substituted low rated and tired players at the 60th minute, this made a good impact and we started creating more chances. Finally a lucky goal in the 75th minute, Richards with a header from corner. I was ahead and switched to V5 + lowering mentality to normal. Arsenal switched to 4-2-4 and created chances but they were vulnerable in the back, eventually we scored 2-0 on a counter in the injury time.

After the match media pundits are claiming a triumph of tactics but in essence it was really a lucky win. What pleases me most is that we didend even concede a goal against a team that has more quality. For now i'l need to further test V5 to make a final conclusion.

I was loathing this version of FM. The match engine was awful initially.

Now though, I must admit that the match engine is actually fairly enjoyable to watch.

I was getting some success before but nothing consistent, permanently having to tweak and arse about.

Then I tried V6 and followed Tylerbodes teamtalks - hey presto. I won the double in two years. Unbelievable. For me this is great. I like to build teams, wheel and deal, faffing about with tactics I find annoying. In two years I have never tweaked this, not even to defend a lead. I find V6 very solid and balanced. And following the teamtalks he suggested have also seen a much more consistent approach rather than the apparently random nonsense that went before.

Thank you Tylerbode. Legend.

May I add that I'm playing with Cardiff City and won the double in 2012 /13 for those interested.

This tactic seems ok,,so far i'm testing it with newcastle,,,,can someone help with away games,,,is it best to start with the normal v6 tacic or start with the notches 3-5 down. If i'm winning the game is it best to move the notches 3-5 down???

Lol i'm getting confused when to move the notches,,,if at all,,,,,please help.