** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

Yeah....where do you think I should improve?

Hi Tobus. Had a good look over you're team. In relation to V6 it may struggle to get top 8 in Prem but would probably win league in the Championship. I'd suggest you bring team mentality down by 3-5 notches. The defence could be quicker with FB's struggling defensively. Wingers could be quicker and the MC's while physically good could be better in attack. Try the tweaking if you like and hope it helps you're team mate.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm considering being either Chelsea or Real Madrid - both have good fullbacks who like to go forward. But just noticed for this tactic., the Preferred Move Training for FB's is "Stay back, Don't dive in"? Can i still use this then?

Sounds nice. What about the away games? Do you tweak V6 for those games?

If I play Lyon, OM or Bordeaux for example, I start with another tactic which is more defensive.After 15-20 min I change it to V6 with 2 clicks to the left (mentality) and follow the Ass Man instructions ( Massimo Neri). If they scored, I move the mentality back as it was and change it with a click each 15 mins until I score.

My away record is : 15G - 9W,5D,1L - the only defeat is with Lyon at the start of the season (0-1).

At home I rule ! (only 2 draws - also at the start of the season) . If the result is a draw at HT , I change the mentality to be more attacking every 15 mins until I scored.

If opponent goes 4-2-4 or 2-4-4 I have another tactic, which is very defensive ( actually I never conceded with this tactic). I extended my record without losing to 31 games and next game is at home :)

I don't use Tyler's training, I found another one, change it to PSG squad and I have only 1 small injuree now. I never had more then 3 players injured during the season.

For me V6 is the BEST tactic ever found on 9.3 patch! Along with V4 and 2 other defensive tactics ( also 4-4-2 ) everything is perfect.

Just qualified to the Uefa Semi's and will face Man City.

After the season is over I will put some screens!

Cheers!

Also, another thing that I use is :

Large or long pitch = Direct passing.

Short or Narrow pitch = Short passing.

In between the above = mixed to start with

Misplacing short passes: Play longer

Misplacing long passes: Play shorter

Misplacing easy passes: Slow tempo.

If you follow the Ass Man instructions and the stuff above that he says you can be very very good also in away!

My opinion ;)

Cheers!

I'm considering being either Chelsea or Real Madrid - both have good fullbacks who like to go forward. But just noticed for this tactic., the Preferred Move Training for FB's is "Stay back, Don't dive in"? Can i still use this then?

Hi Micky, thanks for giving the tactic a go. As long as the attributes are correct it'll be ok. The PM's are really just a bonus.

I dont understand this, I was 3-0 up at HT against Sunderland away, I said 'None' as my HT team talk as OP says, but somehow they came back to draw 3-3?

I always find saying nothing at half time has disastrous results, i was 3-0 up at half time to fulham and drew 3-3- i have had more luck saying pleased.

I've used this tactic with my Liverpool team and I've noticed that in the 13 victories I've got, I've only dominated possession in 4 games. In the 7 games I've lost, I've dominated possession in 6 of them.

Is this down to the tactics or a flaw in the match engine?

Also, another thing that I use is :

Large or long pitch = Direct passing.

Short or Narrow pitch = Short passing.

In between the above = mixed to start with

Misplacing short passes: Play longer

Misplacing long passes: Play shorter

Misplacing easy passes: Slow tempo.

If you follow the Ass Man instructions and the stuff above that he says you can be very very good also in away!

My opinion ;)

Cheers!

So are you saying that you put everyones passing as the same and just change depending on opp pitch size?

Also when you say Ass man instructions are you talking about closing down and weaker foot? Thanks

Saying Pleased is even worse for me, should I say dissapointment lol?

I havent tried this tactic, but I agree on this. Saying "pleased" more often than not give the other team the upper hand in the second half. Most likely cause their manager can tell them he's dissapointed, and that seem to have greater effect than "pleased". So what I do when I'm 2/3-0 up is single out the best perfomers, usually the goal scorers, and say I'm pleased with them, and "none" on the rest. If someone by any chance is playing bad (rare in a 3-0 lead), I tell them "I have faith".

This usually leads to us scoring another, and I never lost a 3-0 lead when I did this. If the other team seem like world-beaters in the second half though, you should do 1-2 subs the second they score. This seem to almost reset the effect the teamtalk had and make you score another. Mabye because the match engine recalculate when you use subs and dont take the halftime talk into account, but that's just a wild guess. It just seems to work.

Oh and good job on the tactic, looks like a good one. :thup: I'll try it out when I have time to play again. Busy busy busy atm. *sigh*

Cheers.

PS! AXERTYRE - If you have the option "encourage" try using that always (on whole team). You most likely have that if you lead 2-1 or 1-0, or even 2-0 sometimes.

Hi Tyler! :)

Half-time: Drawing (playing bad) or Losing: 'I want more/Disappointed, etc'.

Do you use the individual teamtalk or do you use the overall option when you choose to be disappointed in halftime?

An other question,

How can you tell when to say disappointed if you drew in halftime? I mean, do you check the possession or if the player ratings is below 7.0 or just from looking at the highlights during the first half?

I really like to get an answer from you Tyler! :)

Best regards!

Just a quick update Tylerbode.I went on a realy bad run after i last posted.After being 8 points clear of QPR ,i only won 4 of my remaing 12 games,losing 6 and drawing 2.Finished 3rd.Strangely,my previous good away form fell apart,losing 5 from 7.Though the defeats were only by the odd goal and mainly in the last minute.Good news though,i gained promotion through the playoffs and ime now prepairing for the Prem with Northampton.Played 46.Home-Won 14/Drew 7/Lost 2/F43/A17-Away Won11/Drew 4/Lost8/F33/A24-GD+35 pts 86.I will update on the prem soon.Cheers

Hi Tyler! :)

Do you use the individual teamtalk or do you use the overall option when you choose to be disappointed in halftime?

An other question,

How can you tell when to say disappointed if you drew in halftime? I mean, do you check the possession or if the player ratings is below 7.0 or just from looking at the highlights during the first half?

I really like to get an answer from you Tyler! :)

Best regards!

Hi Pilsken. The half-time teamtalks are done as a team. I think my team plays badly when opponents have much better ratings and much more chances.

tyler can u suggest players who you think is best for each positions?to fit the tactic.i know,you will tell me go to OP post and see the attributes.well i want to offer me players suggestions if u can of course!tnx

On my Gundo Challenge game i am Killyleagh Y.C. in northern Ireland. Just started my 9th season having never got past the qualyfying stages of the Champ. League (only 1 attemt). Decided to give v6 ago and so far my Champ League results are as follows:

S. Prague (A) won 3-0

S. Prague (H) won 3-1

Viking (A) drew 1-1

Viking (H) won 1-0

group stages

Celtic (A) drew 0-0

Inter (H) drew 3-3

Shakhtar (H) drew 2-2

also beat Boheimians 8-0 in the All Ireland Cup Semi Final

not forgeting who i am i think these results are outstanding

Im close to giving up this tactic, cuz I can't seem to do well in 2nd half at all. I always score early goals in the first half, then in the 2nd half almost all my player suddenly forgot how to play. I dont really understand how my team doesn't work out, I bought the right type of players for this tactic, yet I just can't win.

Outrageously good tactic, sturggles slightly away from home, but is fabulous otherwise. Best i have tried.

Just beat Man U 3-1 at home in my 1st season with Hull, still playing with the majority of the same team and 7th in the league :)

LOve is tactic best on fm..currently Newcaslte season 1. 3rd in the league with 10 games left. Got to Carling Cup final but lost 1-0 to Chelsea Dam 4-3-3. Just beat united 3-2 at Old Trafford in FA cup woohooo Pompey in the semis...

need a few better players when I finally get some money - TOP TACTIC

v6 PIRANHA is working a treat.

The losing 3-5 team mentality works a treat as well if struggling.I also have used this at home on rare occasions and its worked.

Quick question...where do you think juan manuel vargas's best position in v6 piranha is? left back or left wing?

Seems like you need solid quick full backs in v6 piranha and i wouldnt class vargas as a particularly solid full back,more an excellent attacking full back.

I also think he would be a bit wasted with his brilliant attacking attributes at left back.

What do you think?

v6 PIRANHA is working a treat.

The losing 3-5 team mentality works a treat as well if struggling.I also have used this at home on rare occasions and its worked.

Quick question...where do you think juan manuel vargas's best position in v6 piranha is? left back or left wing?

Seems like you need solid quick full backs in v6 piranha and i wouldnt class vargas as a particularly solid full back,more an excellent attacking full back.

I also think he would be a bit wasted with his brilliant attacking attributes at left back.

What do you think?

Thanks for feedback Dking. I'd play Vargas at ML. Best to have FB's who can defend well as wingers do a lot of attacking.

Hey Tyler,

I just thought I would update you with how this tactic is going. Even though it is early days, I'm optimistic that I will be able to wrestle my Serie A crown back from AC Milan and I will be able to go further than quarter finals of Champions League.

Friendlies

5 friendlies, 29 goals, 1 conceded and I have been playing players not based on their reputation (in the game and irl) but on their attributes as you suggest

Super Cup vs AC Milan

AC Milan 0 Juventus 2

Rooney 66

Pistolesi 83

Milan had most of the attacking play but after bringing off Marquinhos in the 64th minute and replacing on the right midfield slot with Rooney, he scored 2 minutes later!

Serie A

Only played one game so far but it was

Frosinone 1 Juventus 4

Piatti 5

Aguero 23,44

Ochirosii 46

UPDATED

Napoli 3-2 (h) WON

Sparta Prague 4-0 (a) WON

Mantova 2-1 (a) WON

So three wins out of three in Serie A and an impressive 4-0 victory at Sparta Prague BUT, I'm noticing quite a few injuries now... Ochirosii out for 6 weeks, Cigarini out for 3 months, Rooney and Marquinhos out for a month. I'll have to keep an eye on this as this hasn't happened before...

Aguero's first game after a £73million pound move and he scores 2. My equaliser was really really soft from a free kick, too simple for words which was a little bit concerning, however three points (which I expected) was the main aim.

I am going to be giving this tactic a long long run and hopefully I will reap the rewards.

Team is as follows: Asenjo (GK), Regen (RB), Regen (CB), Sahko (CB), Drenthe (LB), Ochirosii (LM) Cigarini (MC), Wilshere (MC), Marquinhos (RM), Piatti (FC), Aguero (FC)

If this team doesn't win, i've got so many quality players in reserve such as Pique (CB), Rooney (FC/MR), Paloschi (FC), Chiellini (DL/DC), Buffon (GK), Candeias (MR), Guillerme (AMC), Laurito (FC) etc!!

I've finished my season. Beat inter 3-0 (berbatov finally decided to play good, but too late, I've made up my mind to sell him). Used V5 and when I went 1-0 up, switched to V4 and progressively got more and more defensive as the clock wound down.

I'll try V6 and the training schedule for the second season

Hi Tyler, in my 2nd season at Hearts i won the league using V6:D

We finished 13 points ahead of Rangers in 2nd and 16 points ahead of Celtic in 3rd.

Pld: 38, Won: 31, Drawn: 4, Lost: 3, For: 96, Against: 27 G.D:+69, Points 97

The tactic is great although my top goalscorer was my CB Dalton, he scored 22 league goals and 23 overall. I finished 3rd in my CL group which is good for my first season there. I was then drawn against olympiakos who i beat 5-1 on aggregate to reach the champions league, but this time i got knocked out on away goals.

My team went through a bad patch and were struggling a little bit, but not losing. The worst defeat of the season was against Rangers in the Scottish cup quarter final at Ibrox, game finished 4-1. Even though we were struggling a bit we still managed to pick up some vital wins away at Motherwell (3-2) and home against Aberdeen (3-1), and we still weren't losing which was the most important thing.

Then a couple of games after that, we destroyed Celtic at Tynecastle 6-0!!:D, at this point my assistant said that the team had developed a strong understanding and we did seem to play really well after the 30 game mark.

Going into the split i knew that the league could be won and lost. We won the first game 2-0 at home to Aberdeen, then the big one, Rangers away. I thought we would get beat as they beat us easily last time in the Scottish cup, but we won 2-1 and Aberdeen beat Celtic so we had won the league with 3 games to go. After that match we beat Kilmarnock (A) 4-1, (H) Celtic 2-1, (A) Falkirk 2-0. That meant we had gone the exact 2nd half of the season unbeaten (19 games).

Only thing i'm concerned about is that a couple of my players are saying that they are dismayed at the lack of harmony at the club, but most players have v.good or superb morale? There are 2 or 3 players in my first 11 that want to move to bigger clubs and 1 or 2 who aren't happy about not getting many games.

Do you think this is the reason the harmony is low and would this affect my team's performances? and should i really sell my best players?

Although this season i told the board i could win the league and i got £33.5M to spend, very good by SPL standards, so i could probably replace them with better players this season lol, what do you think?.

Thanks again Tyler

When you say reduce the mentality to 3-5 if struggling,what would you class as struggling?

Sometimes i have more shots but 5-10% less possesion.

Would you consider that struggling?

Under-performing to you're normal standard. Generally being bettered by opponent in 3 areas: Possession,

shots/corners and ratings.

Which would you suggest for doncaster in patch 9.3?

Current best players:

GK Ben Foster, Preston Edwards

D Matt Mills, Sam Hird, Ben Parker, Gareth Roberts, Adam Lockwood, Jake Picton, Jos Van Nieuwstadt, James Gibson, James O'conner

M Brian Stock, Martin Woods, Pitu, Thomas Kind Bendiksen, James Coppinger, Boudewijn Zenden, Richie Wellens

F Paul Heffernan, Christian Vieri, Shefti Kuqi, Kieren Agard, Bradley Wright-Philips,

Hi,

I start a save with FC Twente and, using only V6/Piranha, achieve the following:

Final of Holland Cup, quarter-final UEFA Cup (lost with AC Milan) and win Eredivisie.

classiffinal0809.jpg

A club with a lack of money, a limited squad and whose best ranking in the tournament was third place, not bad ;)

:)

Hi Tobus. Had a good look over you're team. In relation to V6 it may struggle to get top 8 in Prem but would probably win league in the Championship. I'd suggest you bring team mentality down by 3-5 notches. The defence could be quicker with FB's struggling defensively. Wingers could be quicker and the MC's while physically good could be better in attack. Try the tweaking if you like and hope it helps you're team mate.

Followed your tips dropping the mentality and just beat ManYoo 2-0 :D

I'll let you know how I get on

Shall I keep this mentality for all games? or just the stronger teams?

prem = p27 w22 d5.

won the club cup,in the league cup final (with reserves)

just beat man utd 5-1 at home and sevilla 6-1 away in the champs league qaurter final.

just knocked chelsea out of the fa cup qaurters 2-1 with my reserves at home! (and deserved it)

Could be on for 5 trophys...i shall let you know how it turns out.

Either way it is by far the best tactic i have played so far,not just results wise but dominance in games.

Great job tyler.