** Tylerbode's Head start on FM10 **

I thought i would give this tactic a go with newcastle (i wasnt expecting much from newcastle lol),,,but i am having a fantastic season i am currently 4th after 25 games which is outstanding for newcastle with a media prediction of 12th (plus i'm having lots of injurys,,the usual suspects owen, martins) and i have only signed 1 player (a central defender from sevilla).

Im still experimenting with how and when to use the v6 and v5 tactics,,,at the moment i start with v6 tactic if i am getting dominated i switch to v5,,if i score first then generally 60 mins plus i change the mentallity notches down 5 the defensive line down 2 and i also tick counter attacking. For the most part this has worked well for me,,there have been a couple of games where away from home i have conceded 2 -3 in the first half and nothing has worked.

I am just unsure whether to start the game with the notches down when playing against teams when the match odds are clearly against me. Has tylerbode had success starting the game with the notches down tactic?????????

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished my season with V6, heres the table:-

endtable0809.jpg

Heres the difference you tactic made, the red ring shows when i switched to your tactic:-

leaguegraph0809.jpg

Ive lost once in the league with this tactic on the second to last game when i gave my youth a run out, before that we went on a 22 game unbeaten run. Onto the Championship we march:D (sorry for the huge images btw, my laptop will on let me post the direct image and not the thumbnails for some reason:()

hi tyler can you post links for all your tactics together am using v2 at min only just found your tactic only played couple of game so players need to get use to it but would like to try all to fine out which one works best for me. gettings loads of shots but none on target but hoping when they get use to it they will start hitting target more am farsley in 2nd season in the blue square

Hi Tyler

just started using this tactic with Boston Utd on my Dafuges Challenge game. after using another tactic at the start of thee season I switched to this with a record of 1 draw and 3 losses. since using V6 it's now 5 wins and 1 draw in the league and only one loss which was in the cup

hi tyler can you post links for all your tactics together am using v2 at min only just found your tactic only played couple of game so players need to get use to it but would like to try all to fine out which one works best for me. gettings loads of shots but none on target but hoping when they get use to it they will start hitting target more am farsley in 2nd season in the blue square

All tactics are in the Opening Post.

Hi tyler thank you for your excellent work. This is the best tactic I've ever seen. I struggled with my Arsenal before I found this tactic and now I'm in a 12 winning streak. I just can't lose.

The only thing I'm confused is why the left striker in this tactic always performs below average? Much worse than the one on the right side. Is it only me who got the problem? I thought I could pick the wrong player but...I picked Adebayor as the left striker and he continually struggled with very low ratings, but when I set him on the right side, he became a beast. I tried Van Persie and it turned out to be exactly the same...

Sorry for my bad English because I'm from China, hope you understand what i'm saying. :p Thanks

I am 7th with tottenham season 2, using v6 version. doing a lot better than first season but still not doing amazing. only a few points behind 4th though, got knocked out by chelsea 3rd round of both cups. only won 1 away game all season and i am in february.

gomes

right back azpicieta

left back bale

centre chygrosfki

centre fazio

right mid lennon

left mid jovetic

centre modric

centre palacios

striker laurito

striker milevski

where am i going wrong?

I am 7th with tottenham season 2, using v6 version. doing a lot better than first season but still not doing amazing. only a few points behind 4th though, got knocked out by chelsea 3rd round of both cups. only won 1 away game all season and i am in february.

gomes

right back azpicieta

left back bale

centre chygrosfki

centre fazio

right mid lennon

left mid jovetic

centre modric

centre palacios

striker laurito

striker milevski

where am i going wrong?

Do you change tactic for away game as suggested? Mentality 3-5 notches, dline 2?

Teamtalks are very important since FM07.

Training is very important.

Hey guys,

Just a small quick question: what tactic works best for a topteam like Real or Barca. I now play v4, wich seems to work great, but would like to know if someone has better experiences with other tactics. Havent tried V6 Piranha yet.

Tyler i am using V6,it's great.Anyway i want to ask you what do you think of putting the right and the left midfielder to cross from depp and on the near post?i think for this tactic it's great to put them like this.I have tried your V6 for one season and in the last 10 matches i have changed the crossing and is great.What is your opinion?

Hi heres a status update from my 1st season with manchester city, as i said i bought in 11 new players at start of season and now over halfway the season my squad is finally starting to gel and the tactic has become much better. In fact the tactic is so good that even without a properly gelled team you can score wins but you need to handle your team properly. As stated before, teamtalks play an important role and if you follow up the advice in the opening post then you will occasionally get reports of players talking to the media that it was your teamtalk that helped them make a comeback.This is a general indication that your doing a good job on the teamtalks and its extremely important if you have a squad that still needs to gel.

I mainly use V6 now and these are the most succesfull adjustments that i make in a match.

First i put the best header DC to challenge goalkeeper on attacking corners, that is the one that usually scores goals for me from corners. I lower mentality 5 notches and lower defensive line 3 notches against harder teams esspecially away matches.Then when the match starts i try to check who gets the upperhand. If its not going well i also set the fullbacks to forward runs "rarely". I found that this tweak really adds defensive value to the tactic and i usually also do this when i am 2 goals up front.When 2 goals up front i also lower tempo to normal, take off tight marking in team settings, increase time wasting and order my keeper to hold up ball. This will make sure that i make full time without much effort and will help maintain your players condition.

Fitness is the main drawback for this tactic but if you rotate your squad and use these tweaks then you wont have much trouble maintaining it.

Heres my league table and fixtures list, most notable wins are a 2-4 win at old trafford and a 4-0 win against chelshea. In the last 10 matches you can see how well my squad is starting to play as they gel and atm the yare still improving.

league.jpg

fixtures.jpg

Brilliant update, thanks for the information about changing the tactics around.

I started a new game a Bradford which is going alright at the moment.

I'll follow you tactics, they're similar to mine but a bit more in depth and they also make sense.

Update coming soon.

Tyler, what about creating a PIRANHA-set of tactics for different situations in a match? This is truly the best tactic around, in a set it would be super. For instances, a SUS tactic, a ALL OUT ATTACK tactic, something like that.

I'm using V6/tactic at home, and it's working great. Thanks dude.

But away, i lose a lot of matchs. I've tried to change mentality but it's not efficient. So anyone has a tactic for away?

What team are you?

If you're a struggling team then drop the mentality about 3-5 depending on the opposition.

If your defenders are not as fast as required then drop the defensive live a bit, this also helps if their strikers are fast.

I find these help better in the second half because usually I perform pretty well in the first half, then they attack me in the second. Changing these settings usually combats the fatigue my team has received and the oppositions decision to attack more.

Hi,

i'm quiet succesfull in Belgium with SK Beveren. I won the title now 3 times in a row and looking good for a 4th. i only got some issues with performing in the Champions League but i'm going to adjust my defensive line a bit next season.

another question: has anyone tried this tactic allready with a LLM club? is it working? do you need to adjust something?

Tyler, what about creating a PIRANHA-set of tactics for different situations in a match? This is truly the best tactic around, in a set it would be super. For instances, a SUS tactic, a ALL OUT ATTACK tactic, something like that.

A good idea but the purpose of the tactic was to make it a simple 'all in one' 'plug and play' tactic. I will be creating a new series of tactics in the future.

It may affect results. However as an insurance, get an Assistant Manager with high reputation, man management and motivation. Keep us posted.

Alright tyler so far this season I have played games won 4 lost 1 drawn 2 and still getting the Ass Man to do teamtalks what line up do you suggest picking from this squad?

1.Howard/Lung Jr

2.Hibbert/Neville

3.Baines/Rat

4.Geromel/Jagielka/Beevers

5.Lescott(tl)/Onyewu

6.Fellaini/Veloso/Sunny/Adrien/Benzerga

7.Arteta/Feghouli(RM)

8.Cahill/Witsel

9.Milevskyi/Bojinov

10.Welbeck/Cardozo/Baxter

11.Jovanovic/Fausto Rossi/Fleck/Fabio

Thanks in Advance.Wool

Hi,

i'm quiet succesfull in Belgium with SK Beveren. I won the title now 3 times in a row and looking good for a 4th. i only got some issues with performing in the Champions League but i'm going to adjust my defensive line a bit next season.

another question: has anyone tried this tactic allready with a LLM club? is it working? do you need to adjust something?

ingske can i ask you soemthing please

ymy coach tell me he is the best player - it is mr acc 12 drb 12 flair 11 tech 10

then there is another player and he told me he is decent - acc 13 drb 12 flair 13 tech 13

who do you play?

ingske can i ask you soemthing please

ymy coach tell me he is the best player - it is mr acc 12 drb 12 flair 11 tech 10

then there is another player and he told me he is decent - acc 13 drb 12 flair 13 tech 13

who do you play?

it also depens if ur coach knows the player or not. sometimes non known players are rated less. but i would say player 2 is better as a winger

can i ask tyler.When starting a new club,on the 1st patch.If you want to build up their youth players into the youth team.How would you go about the training programmes,and how would you introduced tactics to them,eg defensive mid etc.I would want to build the squad.The board wants me to go for title aswell.

I'm sorry Tylerbode, but this is the most shittiest tactic, I've ever made use of. I can't even be constructive. It doesn't work for me at all - even though I'd love to achieve the same success with it as you guys :/

I'm managing Aston Villa. After 21 matches I'm placed no. 9. I've won 8 matches, 5 draw and lost 8. It's very rubbish, and I feel I'm constantly underperforming.

I am through to the 1st Euro Cup knockout round though. I'm out of the FA Cup. I'm still in the Liga Cup.

But sometimes I find myself having only two (TWO!!) shots against my opponent - at home!

I am using your training, and I am only buying players who matches your position qualifications. I also followed other players' advice to give the tactic some time. But now I've used it for 21 matches in the league? Omg, help me :b

I need some success with it :) - You guys are creating great results using it! :O

Tyler what do you think is the best combination about weight and height?i mean if a player has 1,85 cm what weight should have? if he has 83 kg it means he is a little fat....so he should have let's say 70 kg?what is your opinion about this?10x

well im on my third season with this tactic and the training as well with oldham, 2 promotions in 2 seasons first by coming 2nd in league one then got to the prem by finishing 1st in the championship, have just left my assistant to do the teamtalks hwich seems to work for me.

And after reading a 4-4-2 magazine article on how boca teach their youths it gave me a idea on setting up the youth training, i have all the strikers and wingers on a kind of skilful system not worrying about defending or things they dont need and just working on raw speed and attacking the central mids are on one that works mainly for stamina and tactics and set plays, with all defenders set to a basic defending and fitness regime, as i knew the money wouldnt be there in the future that would be needed to push on in the top flight and now i seem to be getting the type of players needed for the system, so thanks very much for a great tactic which has helped me in so many ways as i was begining to tear my hair out!!!!! :)

Hello again Tyler, i see people still expect you to play the game for them, guess some people can't try things themselves, you have become a god to some people for making a good tactic, i for one would like to purchase a small statue of yourself to place next my to my monitor.

I have tweaked this tactic like i tweak the nose of the spindly killer fish, 2012-13 season i finally won the EPL with Cardiff City, did the double in fact, having won the FA cup for the second time, also won the UEFA cup 2010-11. Personally i like to play a big lad on the right, have him challenge the keeper at corners as the goals he scores ups his morale which makes him a better link up man for the pacey dribbler on the left.

As i tend to concede a lot no matter my defence, i set my fullbacks to forward runs often and cross from the byline , they overlap with the wide players nicely and i concede no more than before, also the extra assists help with their ratings and morale.

Strikers are set to rarely cross the ball and mixed for through balls as are the central midfielders.

Personally i play the highest tempo with the shortest passing, weather tends to hamper this more than anything else.

It's worked for me so far, highlights being a 6-1 over Barcelona in the European super cup and 5-1 away to Chelsea, not saying it will work for everyone, i'm sure i would have done just as well had i tweaked nothing at all.

Time for a new season, Risdale has just given me 77 million to spend, he must think he's chairman of Leeds again.

Thanks again Tyler

Hi,

update on my SK Beveren game (Belgium). I won the title 4 times in a row now and also managed the double this season.

I also received very good news because the board decided to built me a new stadium of 20400. the previous one was 13290 and had an average of 13200 this season :) My chairman injected 17 mil into the club because the title is a must and i need to reach the first knockout round in the CL :)

all thanks to this wonderfull tactic :)

Thanks for the reply. So does it really matter if you have a RB or a D/WBR with this tactic?

No, it doesn't matter as long as they have correct attributes. Many D/WB's will have 'gets forward/runs with ball down wing' as PM's. I prefer them to 'stay back' or have no PM's. Since the wingers do much attacking its best to have FB's covering space in behind that opponents counter.

Hi,

update on my SK Beveren game (Belgium). I won the title 4 times in a row now and also managed the double this season.

I also received very good news because the board decided to built me a new stadium of 20400. the previous one was 13290 and had an average of 13200 this season :) My chairman injected 17 mil into the club because the title is a must and i need to reach the first knockout round in the CL :)

all thanks to this wonderfull tactic :)

Great to hear you're feedback Inqske. New stadium too wow. Hope they name it after you. Thanks.

well im on my third season with this tactic and the training as well with oldham, 2 promotions in 2 seasons first by coming 2nd in league one then got to the prem by finishing 1st in the championship, have just left my assistant to do the teamtalks hwich seems to work for me.

And after reading a 4-4-2 magazine article on how boca teach their youths it gave me a idea on setting up the youth training, i have all the strikers and wingers on a kind of skilful system not worrying about defending or things they dont need and just working on raw speed and attacking the central mids are on one that works mainly for stamina and tactics and set plays, with all defenders set to a basic defending and fitness regime, as i knew the money wouldnt be there in the future that would be needed to push on in the top flight and now i seem to be getting the type of players needed for the system, so thanks very much for a great tactic which has helped me in so many ways as i was begining to tear my hair out!!!!! :)

Interesting stuff about Boca. The V6 training has same philosophy for full-time players. Be good to see you're youth schedules.

Tyler what do you think is the best combination about weight and height?i mean if a player has 1,85 cm what weight should have? if he has 83 kg it means he is a little fat....so he should have let's say 70 kg?what is your opinion about this?10x

Great question Horik. For me height/weight have no major affect on the game. Heavy players can have poor strength and tall players can be poor in the air. So it can be deceiving. Attributes reveal what a player can do, while physical appearance doesn't. However DC's are unique in this area. If 2 DC's were identical in attributes but one was much taller and heavier than the other, I'd go for the taller/heavier DC. The taller DC would have a higher standing jump. I believe this would be advantageous in defending aerial threats and getting on the end of attacking set pieces. The same would apply to ST's who are 'target men'. However in other areas of the pitch I feel it isn't so important.

What are the opinions of others on this question?