Must haves when playing FM

5 minutes ago, Snorks said:

Speaking of which - when is drug-testing going to be brought into the game?

Coffee or tea for me :-)

Probably never as there would be a legal issue here, and although in theory it could be applied to regens I doubt if SI would want to for the same reasons as being sent off for fighting has been removed from the game

2 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Probably never as there would be a legal issue here, and although in theory it could be applied to regens I doubt if SI would want to for the same reasons as being sent off for fighting has been removed from the game

I meant for us the managers :-)

Music. I'm convinced the game makes me lose when I don't have music playing 😂 just always seems to happen! Personally can't stand the in-game sounds anyway so I mute them. A cold beer is also a plus, though too many beers also makes me lose 😰 though I think I can work that one out.

@turnip my number one reason for quitting saves is signing too many players whilst boozy / just tired i.e. situations where I should really stop playing FM and go to sleep.

I need either a table or a thick duvet to separate my body from the nuclear fusion that appears to be occurring in my laptop when I run FM. 

On 04/07/2018 at 16:50, Tony Wright 747 said:

In CM 01/02 (maybe 00/01), I had a player head butt the referee. Earned himself a 9 month universal ban.

I miss that. They're just sets of variables. They're not real players.

On 05/07/2018 at 22:07, Blah_1123 said:

Music. I'm convinced the game makes me lose when I don't have music playing 😂 just always seems to happen! Personally can't stand the in-game sounds anyway so I mute them. A cold beer is also a plus, though too many beers also makes me lose 😰 though I think I can work that one out.

I thought I was the only one!

Rum and pepsi not mixed neat rum with a can of pepsi on the side usually some sort of easily eadible food ie haribo crisps choc bars etc and a bag of well you can guess from the snack list  :)

51 minutes ago, Andrew_Goats_Gruff said:

Yh when my thread gets closed over something actually fm related 😂

Come on - give it a rest, Andrew. It's just a light-hearted thread, very loosely related to FM. I have no interest in the thread, so until now, I didn't read it or post in it. If you don't have any interest, it'd be best to do something similar.

Yours was closed for specific reasons and that was stated in the final post. I'm not going to get into it here as the reasons given were clear enough, so we can get back on track with the actual topic.

On 10/07/2018 at 00:11, turnip said:

I tend to go with Polish lager these days for late-night sessions.

There's nothing quite like waking up in the morning, loading FM, peering at your squad and being all "who the **** is that?"

Ha ha - same. 

I woke up one morning and had Ronaldo at Barcelona (obv a long time ago). 

Also woke up to a new signing that cost £152m in FM12. 

I literally cannot do anything else when playing FM - not even watch telly, well I can but I can never follow what's going on.

After a night of debauchary, tv show watching, fm playing, I usually have to catch up on the shows for a 2nd time, tidy up the beer cans, and do some damage control of the havoc I unleashed to the team.

Then realise, I haven't eaten anything since noon yesterday - probably should get some food into me BEFORE I start playing again!

Archived