The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

2 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Going into season 3, I've struggled to recruit. Chirivella left for QPR who had just been promoted to the PL, £8.75m for him (his release clause). Also allowed four or five squad players leave on free's which has left us a little light. So far I've signed Neco Williams (rb, on loan from Liverpool), Josh Knight on a free from Leicester, Paolo Fernandes on a free from Man City and Beni Baningeme from Everton for £375k. I've still got most of the Chirivella money to spend and £90k in the wage budget. 

Spent all the money to make it record expenditure in a season for Peterborough. £3.5m on Alexi Pitu from Viitorul for AML, £2.5m on Max Kilman from Wolves for CB and £525k on Mladen Devetak from Vojvodina for LB. Also signed Troy Parrott on loan from Spurs but am paying his wages despite Spurs being our parent club. 

Currently 10th after 5 games.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Invincibles!

Invincibles.thumb.jpg.8843763eae7ba4af40ea6fa11d2bc8cd.jpg

That actually takes it to 50 matches unbeaten in the league. I think I ended my thread at the right time as while we kept winning titles (aside from one year where I was too quick to make a tactical switch that didn't work out and we ended up having to rescue 3rd place after dropping as low as 5th mid-season before I reversed it) we failed to look as dominant or convincing as I hoped, especially with regular but narrow last-16 exits in Europe to Spanish teams usually. It didn't help that those games where when our usually reliable defence regularly let us down, and I gambled on too many young players who didn't work out (a lesson I've now learned as there have hardly been any additions for a couple of years).

This season was just what I needed to provide that addition of brilliance to bask in and overcome what would otherwise be boring and unexceptional dominance at home and being stuck in a European rut. It also saw a return to the Champions League final after winning every knockout match (yes, home and away, though helped by the fact that it was 'only' Sporting, Dortmund and Andria) though we didn't really turn up and lost late on to Real Madrid (those darn Spaniards again) as the only blip on an otherwise almost-perfect season.

We also haven't lost at home at all yet in 2 seasons at a new 84,000-seater stadium, the previous home defeat coming in a Champions League group match the previous autumn and the last home domestic defeat was 4 1/2 years ago, though it was to Karlsruhe of all teams! I had been wondering whether it was worth trying to push for more European glory and how many titles in a row would be 'enough' before I finally felt I'd done all I can and left. However the spark has returned. The surviving veterans from my early signings are now in their 30's but otherwise the core of this team are around 26-27 and maybe they could be considered to define it and how far it still has to go before the job is truly done.

Amazingly, I think I might have inadvertently gotten back into FM, after thinking it was dead forever.  Fired it up to see if I could just start a save that wasn't reliant on me writing anything (and then inevitably abandoning it).  Did the usual, thinking that I'd need to do international to keep me interested, with all the detail of club management not being to my liking in the past few iterations.  I didn't want to take over immediately to have 2020 taint things, so decided to holiday, hoping that Steve Clarke got punted from his job and I could step in.  That didn't happen, as even when his job was insecure after being beaten in the playoff, he survived.

But then I noticed something more interesting.  For some reason, Steven Gerrard had left Rangers, and his replacement (some Eastern European fellow) had an absolute nightmare.  After almost one full round of fixtures, they were 8th and struggling, pretty much kissing goodbye to their chances of stopping a historic 10-in-a-row for Celtic.  I would never usually take control of either side of the Old Firm, but hey ho, thought I'd give it a go.  

We're now heading into the split, and Celtic's lead has eroded and disappeared, with us 1 point ahead.  Two Old Firm games down, two wins for us (Celtic won the first) and now we have five games left (including one more Old Firm game) to stop history.  I fully intended just the one season to hopefully achieve that, then move on, but now I'm tempted to stick around until I can make sure Neil Lennon completely loses his mind (he's well on the way after the two defeats) and then hopefully his job...then apply for that job.  Maybe if I'm still really into it by that point, I'll make a thread for it, even if it is short-lived.

25 minutes ago, forameuss said:

Amazingly, I think I might have inadvertently gotten back into FM, after thinking it was dead forever.  Fired it up to see if I could just start a save that wasn't reliant on me writing anything (and then inevitably abandoning it).  Did the usual, thinking that I'd need to do international to keep me interested, with all the detail of club management not being to my liking in the past few iterations.  I didn't want to take over immediately to have 2020 taint things, so decided to holiday, hoping that Steve Clarke got punted from his job and I could step in.  That didn't happen, as even when his job was insecure after being beaten in the playoff, he survived.

But then I noticed something more interesting.  For some reason, Steven Gerrard had left Rangers, and his replacement (some Eastern European fellow) had an absolute nightmare.  After almost one full round of fixtures, they were 8th and struggling, pretty much kissing goodbye to their chances of stopping a historic 10-in-a-row for Celtic.  I would never usually take control of either side of the Old Firm, but hey ho, thought I'd give it a go.  

We're now heading into the split, and Celtic's lead has eroded and disappeared, with us 1 point ahead.  Two Old Firm games down, two wins for us (Celtic won the first) and now we have five games left (including one more Old Firm game) to stop history.  I fully intended just the one season to hopefully achieve that, then move on, but now I'm tempted to stick around until I can make sure Neil Lennon completely loses his mind (he's well on the way after the two defeats) and then hopefully his job...then apply for that job.  Maybe if I'm still really into it by that point, I'll make a thread for it, even if it is short-lived.

I had this with Charlton. Only wanted to do the one season with it, but lost my **** at the end of the season and need to right the wrong

On 27/07/2020 at 20:20, ToMexico!! said:

Spent all the money to make it record expenditure in a season for Peterborough. £3.5m on Alexi Pitu from Viitorul for AML, £2.5m on Max Kilman from Wolves for CB and £525k on Mladen Devetak from Vojvodina for LB. Also signed Troy Parrott on loan from Spurs but am paying his wages despite Spurs being our parent club. 

Currently 10th after 5 games.

Finished 9th which isn't bad at all, ahead of both recently relegated Burnley and Blackburn. Troy Parrott top scored with 22 to be the leagues joint scorer along with Villa's Samatta and Karlan Grant at Huddersfield. Beyond Troy no one else scored more than 8 goals, Guidi (on loan from Spurs) and Alexi Pitu achieving that. 

For the new season we need to sell to buy as the board have given me just £200k to spend as finances are under £1m. Already have Alex Collado joining on a free from Barcelona, he will partner Finlay Robertson in central midfield next season. 

Ideally I need to somehow sign a new GK, RB, another CB and ST. I did get a better intake this season too, including a potentially useful looking LB and RW. 

14 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Finished 9th which isn't bad at all, ahead of both recently relegated Burnley and Blackburn. Troy Parrott top scored with 22 to be the leagues joint scorer along with Villa's Samatta and Karlan Grant at Huddersfield. Beyond Troy no one else scored more than 8 goals, Guidi (on loan from Spurs) and Alexi Pitu achieving that. 

For the new season we need to sell to buy as the board have given me just £200k to spend as finances are under £1m. Already have Alex Collado joining on a free from Barcelona, he will partner Finlay Robertson in central midfield next season. 

Ideally I need to somehow sign a new GK, RB, another CB and ST. I did get a better intake this season too, including a potentially useful looking LB and RW. 

New GK in from Porto, Diogo Costa on a free. Neco Williams joins on loan again for RB, signed a CB on loan from Spurs and loaned a striker from Liverpool. Also signed Harvey White and Andre Green who were both released by Spurs and Villa. I am now going to look at another new LB as we're lacking there. 

Last season two most promising youth intake players have been sold. The LB to Newcastle for £4m rising to £8.5m + 40% profit clause and ST-come-RW to Brighton for £3.8m rising to £7.75m + 40% profit. That sorts us financially for the season. 

9 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

New GK in from Porto, Diogo Costa on a free. Neco Williams joins on loan again for RB, signed a CB on loan from Spurs and loaned a striker from Liverpool. Also signed Harvey White and Andre Green who were both released by Spurs and Villa. I am now going to look at another new LB as we're lacking there. 

Last season two most promising youth intake players have been sold. The LB to Newcastle for £4m rising to £8.5m + 40% profit clause and ST-come-RW to Brighton for £3.8m rising to £7.75m + 40% profit. That sorts us financially for the season. 

We arrive in 2023 in 6th place and into the FA Cup 4th Round where we face West Brom. Midfield duo of Robertson and Collado are doing very well with 14 assists between them, Alexi Pitu has 11 goals from AML whilst on loan striker George Graham (from Chelsea) has 10 goals in a debut season. Other on loan striker Erwan Castel (from Liverpool) has scored 9 but predominantly as a wide player. 

In September, Palace opted to activate Max Kilman's £5.75m release clause and off he went, appeared once since :rolleyes: so this January we have opted to make Neco Williams stay with us permanent for just £3.6m total, absolute bargain. Still got £5.5m to spend if I need it but I think I will wait for the summer. In real need to a quality AMC as I'm having to play Jack Taylor there at the moment ;) @Jimbokav1971

27 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

We arrive in 2023 in 6th place and into the FA Cup 4th Round where we face West Brom. Midfield duo of Robertson and Collado are doing very well with 14 assists between them, Alexi Pitu has 11 goals from AML whilst on loan striker George Graham (from Chelsea) has 10 goals in a debut season. Other on loan striker Erwan Castel (from Liverpool) has scored 9 but predominantly as a wide player. 

In September, Palace opted to activate Max Kilman's £5.75m release clause and off he went, appeared once since :rolleyes: so this January we have opted to make Neco Williams stay with us permanent for just £3.6m total, absolute bargain. Still got £5.5m to spend if I need it but I think I will wait for the summer. In real need to a quality AMC as I'm having to play Jack Taylor there at the moment ;) @Jimbokav1971

He may not be at Barnet any longer, but my Jack Taylor love knows no bounds. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

On 28/07/2020 at 22:16, forameuss said:

So in the end I did it, stopping ten-in-a-row with a game to spare after 3 wins out of 3 Old Firm games.  A few slip-ups along the way, but Celtic kept dropping too, and we pipped them.  Also put them out of the Scottish Cup semis on the way to a league and cup double.  Neil Lennon sacked at the end of the season, and I did try an offshoot save where I resigned and tried to get the job, but always got passed up for someone else.  So instead of crossing the blue/green divide, I'm going to spend the next few years salting the earth of the East End of Glasgow and make sure nothing grows there again.  Then I'll go to Partick Thistle.  Yass.

Not sure if this is a symptom of the game this year (this is probably the first time I've had an extended play of it all year) but transfer fees seem mental.  Pre-season netted me 86 million in sales, including 30+ for James Tavernier.  Spurs were adamant they wanted him for 12m, going up by a few hundred thousand each time I knocked it back.  I demanded 30m, 30m, 30m.  Then downed it to 29 and they relented.  23.5m for Connor Goldson.  13.5m for Borna Barisic.  Mental.  

Problem is, as you can imagine we're not exactly the place you want to go as a player.  And I can understand that, I've been to Govan.  It's horrid.  Managing to pick up a few good loans though, and things are improving.  All I really need is enough of a squad to keep domestic football ticking over, then Europe should gradually become easier.  Not this year though - one point from six games in the Champions League after drawing Real Madrid, Inter and Benfica.  

13 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

In September, Palace opted to activate Max Kilman's £5.75m release clause and off he went, appeared once since :rolleyes: so this January we have opted to make Neco Williams stay with us permanent for just £3.6m total, absolute bargain. Still got £5.5m to spend if I need it but I think I will wait for the summer. In real need to a quality AMC as I'm having to play Jack Taylor there at the moment ;) 

On an absolutely fantastic run of form which has propelled us up to 2nd in the league 4 points behind Burnley. Neco Williams has just had an amazing month of Feb to be voted POTM with 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. We're beginning to struggle a little with fitness/injuries as we have a small but concise squad so I expect us to tail off at some point as we have 10 games remaining. 

We just beat West Ham on penna's after a 3-3 draw at the Boleyn. We've got Everton in the Quarter Finals at home, a winnable tie for sure. 

Just noticed that Finlay Robertson has popped into the wonderkid bracket, he's excelled this season in the DLP role with an average rating of 7.50 and is top of the stats for the league in that regard with 7.53. Currently wanted by Everton. 

9 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

On an absolutely fantastic run of form which has propelled us up to 2nd in the league 4 points behind Burnley. Neco Williams has just had an amazing month of Feb to be voted POTM with 3 goals and 4 assists in 6 games. We're beginning to struggle a little with fitness/injuries as we have a small but concise squad so I expect us to tail off at some point as we have 10 games remaining. 

We just beat West Ham on penna's after a 3-3 draw at the Boleyn. We've got Everton in the Quarter Finals at home, a winnable tie for sure. 

Just noticed that Finlay Robertson has popped into the wonderkid bracket, he's excelled this season in the DLP role with an average rating of 7.50 and is top of the stats for the league in that regard with 7.53. Currently wanted by Everton. 

So we ended up 6th and in the play-offs and somehow won in the final versus Forest 1-0 in ET to get promoted. We're screwed tbh. Been given £35m to spend and I need to spend it. So far i've signed Josh Zirkee from Bayern for £9.5m, Hannibal Mejbri from Man Utd for £1.6m and got Nathan Ferguson from WBA on a free. I have deals in place for Ki-Jana Hoever from Liverpool and Charles de Ketelaere from Everton (previously of Club Brugge). I need to find a first choice LB and probably another striker. Given new deals to my GK, both CM's and AML. 

Snedhead is providing amusing/bizarre quotes from everyone in the new BOTU threads on OTF and he complained that he couldn't find anything remotely interesting from me :D I decided to link him to the FMCU awards threads I hosted to see if I could help him out with that and doing so reminded me how fun those were to do.

Had a decent start to life in the PL, we were around 12th in mid-december then I changed formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-4 and we've been impressive and find ourselves in 7th place. Since the change we've beaten Newcastle 5-2, Everton 4-1, drew with Leicester 2-2, beat Wolves 3-0 and just beat Huddersfield 6-2. Also a 7-1 thumping of Cheltenham in the FA Cup too. 

Wildcard signing Gavrilovic from Red Star for £11.5m has been instrumental in our season so far with 18 goals in 21 games. Zirkee made the move from RW to ST and has scored 7 in his last 6 games. Alexi Pitu has scored 9 from LW. Collado, Mejbri and Robertson have all made 8 assists each. 

Forgot how insane the money in the PL is, we're now £25m in the black in half a season alone. I don't think I will add to the first team squad this Jan and improve the defence in the summer. 

On 02/08/2020 at 07:44, deltablue said:

Snedhead is providing amusing/bizarre quotes from everyone in the new BOTU threads on OTF and he complained that he couldn't find anything remotely interesting from me :D I decided to link him to the FMCU awards threads I hosted to see if I could help him out with that and doing so reminded me how fun those were to do.

You should do it again!

On 03/08/2020 at 14:44, ToMexico!! said:

Had a decent start to life in the PL, we were around 12th in mid-december then I changed formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-2-4 and we've been impressive and find ourselves in 7th place. Since the change we've beaten Newcastle 5-2, Everton 4-1, drew with Leicester 2-2, beat Wolves 3-0 and just beat Huddersfield 6-2. Also a 7-1 thumping of Cheltenham in the FA Cup too. 

Wildcard signing Gavrilovic from Red Star for £11.5m has been instrumental in our season so far with 18 goals in 21 games. Zirkee made the move from RW to ST and has scored 7 in his last 6 games. Alexi Pitu has scored 9 from LW. Collado, Mejbri and Robertson have all made 8 assists each. 

Forgot how insane the money in the PL is, we're now £25m in the black in half a season alone. I don't think I will add to the first team squad this Jan and improve the defence in the summer. 

Ended up finishing in a giddy 6th place and qualifying for the Euro Conference League. The move to 4-2-4 was pivotal, Joshua Zirkee was amazing in the second half of the season to finish 2nd in the leagues goalscoring chart with 24. His strike partner Gavrilovic was the main man however, as he finished with 29 league goals and was also crowned Young POTS. Collado achieved 14 assists mainly from the wing whilst Robertson and Mejbri both made 12 from central midfield. 

Beyond the first team the quality is not up to standard but we've been given £50m to spend on improvements and defence is one area to address as we need a left back and centre back, that's without Neco Williams potentially leaving as he is wanted by Man City and Chelsea. 

The board have just announced plans for a new stadium too with all the details to be confirmed. 

17 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Ended up finishing in a giddy 6th place and qualifying for the Euro Conference League. The move to 4-2-4 was pivotal, Joshua Zirkee was amazing in the second half of the season to finish 2nd in the leagues goalscoring chart with 24. His strike partner Gavrilovic was the main man however, as he finished with 29 league goals and was also crowned Young POTS. Collado achieved 14 assists mainly from the wing whilst Robertson and Mejbri both made 12 from central midfield. 

Beyond the first team the quality is not up to standard but we've been given £50m to spend on improvements and defence is one area to address as we need a left back and centre back, that's without Neco Williams potentially leaving as he is wanted by Man City and Chelsea. 

The board have just announced plans for a new stadium too with all the details to be confirmed. 

Just finished pre-season and we've done well in the transfer window so far. Spent £42m on some decent players to improve us overall. 

Fruchtl (GK, Bayern, 650k), Hector (regen LB, Barcelona, £9.75), Jerome Onguene (CB, Salzburg, £14.25m) Emile Smith-Rowe (AML/ST, Arsenal, £9.75m), Pier Luigi Poli (regen wonderkid AML, Inter, £8m), Juanma (regen wonderkid MC, Barcelona, Free), Nicolo Armini (CB, Man City, Free) and Nicolas (regen wonderkid ST, Real Madrid, Loan) all join. 

Stick with the 4-2-4 that worked so well last season. Oh and we're in the Europa League not the Conference League so that's a bonus too. 

Think I should maybe make a thread :lol:

Really enjoying this now. Mid-Jan and we're 3rd :eek::idiot: two points behind City in first. We're 6 points ahead of Liverpool. Also through to 1st KO Round of Europa v Valencia. 

We've lost two players so far this winter window. Neco Williams left for City in a deal worth £55m, couldn't turn it down although Liverpool got around £10m of that. I also lost Zirkee due to a release clause, he went to Barcelona for £35.5m. Not bad profit for both considering I signed them for £3.6m and £9.25m. 

Replaced Williams with Reece James for £20m from Bournemouth and also made another LB signing in the shape of Alphonso Davies from Bayern for £28m. Both instantly into the first team. I just need to find a new ST. Greenwood and Rodrygo are on the list at the moment. 

It's been a long time since I had a result as sweet as this...

Madrid74.thumb.jpg.287853604c402daaa8609cc4ad7fe86c.jpg

There are quite a few reasons why this felt special, aside from the obvious. Since our European win almost 7 seasons before (which is also how I ended my FMCU career, though maybe not for good) we've struggled to make past the last 16, usually falling to various Spanish teams (Madrid included) in ties where you can easily throw out the 'unlucky', 'could have gone both ways' 'keeper/defence had a rare off day' cliches while Madrid have been in all but one final since, winning 3 times. They remain the one team I'm worried about facing (though they're in no way stronger than us), especially after we finally made the final again and lost to a late goal after an underwhelming (though not terrible) display. That was the only thing that spoilt what have been an otherwise perfect season.

This year seemed like the same old story, though we had at least gotten past Anji in the last 16 this time. In the first leg it was like they possessed Kryptonite which made the usually reliable Popovitch in particular perform poorly. They may be 'rare' bad performances but they've also become predictable by this point. I'm not talking about being too overambitious in an away leg and getting exposed either as that's not what's happening, I genuinely mean poor individual errors all over the place. We were very quickly 4-0 down to a couple of soft goals (and a soft penalty given for a defender backing into a guy) before a late away goal gave them a glimmer of hope.

I was counting on the fact that a 3-0 win was not impossible while they would have felt comfortable enough to be complacent (which is what often happens if a tie is all but won after the first leg, even if usually a team is pretty much safe) but I didn't expect it to be this good, as we had our 3 goals before half-time. I decided to just keep pushing even once we had a clearer advantage and I guess if you're going to slay a big demon like this, it's especially sweet to do it so completely! It helps that Real Madrid have always been my most disliked team for all sorts of reasons, even before I found out about my Catalan heritage.

It was especially nice to have Hoxha as the hero as he's one of those players you quickly grow very attached to. He burst onto the stage in style when given his debut at 18 and even won European Golden Boy 3 times. However then he got hit with injuries of a 2-3 months or so at a time and the form and status of the other 3 established forwards in the squad (who are pretty much equals) meant that in practice he was often sidelined for much longer at a time, though his goals-per-game ratio still remained very strong. Last season was meant to be his chance to shine again but aside from a good middle spell he was shockingly poor. This season has seen him return to form in style though and I couldn't be happier.

Hoxha74.thumb.jpg.1cbb248e8d2b50067c2f0a9f52d869af.jpg

He's actually one of the reasons (along with a few others of a similar age) I'm still at the club even if it's been 15 years (and probably a couple in real life by this point), we stroll to the title and cup most years and a second European title had otherwise seemed like a distant prospect. I feel motivated to see things through to the end with his generation of players, the ones that could be considered to define this team and it's current period of success (and his debut season was when the tide really turned in our favour).  While I've never carried out similar plans to use a particular player's career to mark when I might leave a club (never feeling like I could wait that long if I otherwise felt the time had come to move on), this might be the closest I'll get to doing so even if as he's still just 27 it feels ambitious.

35 minutes ago, deltablue said:

It's been a long time since I had a result as sweet as this...

Very nice!

Also, thank you for reminding me why I kept playing FM13 for so long. To me it is still visually the version that is easiest on the eyes. I just don't think the new look that was introduced around 15 or 16 is anywhere near as nice to look at (or navigate).

6 hours ago, dllu said:

Very nice!

Also, thank you for reminding me why I kept playing FM13 for so long. To me it is still visually the version that is easiest on the eyes. I just don't think the new look that was introduced around 15 or 16 is anywhere near as nice to look at (or navigate).

It's interesting that you say that. When I started that career after doing one on FM16 is seemed like such a big contrast from that version in a good way. It just felt smoother and better to use.

Well, we went on to clinch CL title No.2, 7 years after the first time which made me glad I kept on going. Once again we follow up defeat in the final with a win over an Italian team while scoring 3 goals. However the scoreline flattered us since until our first goal we were arguably on the back foot and they even had a goal disallowed. In a reflection of how this team was just finding its feet previously and is very much in its prime now,  7 players were in the squad for both wins (it was supposed to be 8 but I didn't realise I hadn't put a particular on the bench until I was hoping to bring him on) with 6 playing in both, basically Hoxha (who even scored both times), and almost all of the defence. If Martinez hadn't been injured for our first win he would have counted as well. As it happens the one defender from last time we didn't still have was playing for Juventus, one of three ex-defenders I've sold them (including the guy who went off injured).

cl74.thumb.jpg.85c20acd14c797c50f436710b99816ca.jpg

On 13/08/2020 at 13:54, kingjericho said:

I finally decided to have a proper FMT save. Loving it so far. The game is very straightforward and there are no unnecessary breaks, sometimes with one 'continue' I go from the end of a match to the match preview of the next :)

If you're not really enjoying full fat, it can be just the way to get back into the game.

I have been scouting this player for a while, and trying to get his club to agree to a fee (has a release clause of £12.5m), 

153baea526cf92cc12ce9b61f2cb9aee.png

Finally got them to accept £2m up front, then £3m spread over three years, with them paying £1.5k of his wages but getting 30% of any profit.  This will smash the club record (Lugano in Switzerland), and is more than I wanted to pay, but he is wanted by some of the top clubs in Europe

7a99cc860374716af3c691df3a7bfd61.png

This made me laugh when it came to offering a contract - we are on equal standing with AC Milan and Inter. Not bad, considering we haven't even won the Swiss league yet.

Hopefully we can get him to sign (contract agreed on a reasonable wage, with a £16.5m release - the highest value his agent would allow) and not be usurped by some of the big teams.

He could be my star Libero

Hey guys,
As I assume is usual, at the start of a save I run all leagues as view only apart from a couple of leagues I know I want to manage in. 
Is it possible for a league to move from playable to view only mid-save?
I have completed my time in Singapore in my current save & want to remove it from the playable leagues to speed things up, but don't want to lose sight of what my old team get up to!

14 hours ago, Motlhen said:

Hey guys,
As I assume is usual, at the start of a save I run all leagues as view only apart from a couple of leagues I know I want to manage in. 
Is it possible for a league to move from playable to view only mid-save?
I have completed my time in Singapore in my current save & want to remove it from the playable leagues to speed things up, but don't want to lose sight of what my old team get up to!

Sadly you can't, I don't know why SI haven't made this an option yet but that's the way it is right now. If you don't want to remove the league the best you can do is go to the detail level screen and tick Singapore to "None". That'll certainly help with the speed, if it doesn't do it automatically when you switch leagues.

7 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Sadly you can't, I don't know why SI haven't made this an option yet but that's the way it is right now. If you don't want to remove the league the best you can do is go to the detail level screen and tick Singapore to "None". That'll certainly help with the speed, if it doesn't do it automatically when you switch leagues.

Thanks mate, I'll give that a go

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I loaded a new save in FMT with a twist, for the first time I leave all transfers and contracts to the DoF.

I looked for a good DoF and so far I must admit I'm pretty satisfied with his decisions. He got me a backup striker who fits the tactic perfectly, signed a promising youngster, and he got rid of a player who was transfer listed at the time I took charge.

The challenge now is to see if he will continue to try and improve the squad or just kind of leave it as is, with some signings here and there.

With all of this left to the AI I did half a season in two hours :D

31 minutes ago, kingjericho said:

Yesterday I loaded a new save in FMT with a twist, for the first time I leave all transfers and contracts to the DoF.

I looked for a good DoF and so far I must admit I'm pretty satisfied with his decisions. He got me a backup striker who fits the tactic perfectly, signed a promising youngster, and he got rid of a player who was transfer listed at the time I took charge.

The challenge now is to see if he will continue to try and improve the squad or just kind of leave it as is, with some signings here and there.

What team?

On 01/09/2020 at 19:20, kingjericho said:

The next time I don't do a Youth Only save, I will definitely be doing a DoF save. I use DoF's a fair bit even when I'm arranging my own signings. 

I know it used to be as I remember reading something years ago about a potential issue with two ENIC-owned clubs (I remember one was AEK Athens, maybe Slavia Prague was the other) both being in what was then the UEFA Cup and I think they ended up having to give up their majority stake in one of them. Both Red Bull Salzburg and RL Leipzig were in the CL this year, and had been in the Europa League before that. It seemed like UEFA decided the clubs were independent enough from Red Bull itself that they were able to allow it as not being a potential conflict of interest, though that suggests an exception granted to the rule rather than it no longer existing.

No, Leipzig is called RasenBallsport because it would be illegal in Germany to be called after the sponsor. Old clubs like Bayer are exempt because their names predate the law.

Also RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg are officialy not owned by the same entity. I think back in 2017 they used some administrative magic and Salzburg is no longer "owned by Red Bull".

9 hours ago, deltablue said:

I know it used to be as I remember reading something years ago about a potential issue with two ENIC-owned clubs (I remember one was AEK Athens, maybe Slavia Prague was the other) both being in what was then the UEFA Cup and I think they ended up having to give up their majority stake in one of them. Both Red Bull Salzburg and RL Leipzig were in the CL this year, and had been in the Europa League before that. It seemed like UEFA decided the clubs were independent enough from Red Bull itself that they were able to allow it as not being a potential conflict of interest, though that suggests an exception granted to the rule rather than it no longer existing.

ENIC :mad::mad: