The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

You've even managed to include a country I've never heard of.

Abkhazia isn't officially recognised as a country, but it's in the north western part of Georgia.

14 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Abkhazia gives me significant excitement for what's to come. Are you gonna go in order or make it a journeyman?

It isn't going to be a save, I just wanted to see how many players would be in a game with every league loaded (665 from 229 countries). For what it's worth it's taken me 2 hours to do 6 days and the save file is already 435mb.

Just now, Makoto Nakamura said:

Abkhazia isn't officially recognised as a country, but it's in the north western part of Georgia.

It isn't going to be a save, I just wanted to see how many players would be in a game with every league loaded (665 from 229 countries). For what it's worth it's taken me 2 hours to do 6 days and the save file is already 435mb.

Damn! Maybe you can still do a save with countries that aren't normally in the game though, that'd be wildly interesting.

19 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Even that wouldn't stop you from making the rest of us look like snails.:lol:

10 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Damn! Maybe you can still do a save with countries that aren't normally in the game though, that'd be wildly interesting.

It may be, but I wouldn't be interested in it due to lack of continental competition. :lol:

10 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

They don't count then. :D

In which case I've loaded 664 leagues from 228 countries. ;)

10 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Even that wouldn't stop you from making the rest of us look like snails.:lol:

I'd have to do daily updates with a month taking a month in real time. :lol:

9 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've never heard of Abkhazia.

There are 3 different levels of football in Andorra? :lol:

But there are only 4 levels of football in Belgium? :herman:

:lol:

That's only because that's where it cuts off on my screen, this is the full list of leagues:

930e300d33f047aee8eb52774354d4e9.png86022283967b6c6fae81f192cdfbc00b.png1e7cb6ad3653375cba02c5fa163ded44.png9c7ccd749527c4fed22d4ff7c29c5b75.pnge21d7a7f1f70598ffb588fd27accb00e.png0359219051470091f5d3623d6ff6f020.pngf00361637c130500a7233cc5c7d21672.pngea1cb305779c760b2c3fa94264bacffb.png

20 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

It may be, but I wouldn't be interested in it due to lack of continental competition. :lol:

In which case I've loaded 664 leagues from 228 countries. ;)

I'd have to do daily updates with a month taking a month in real time. :lol:

That's only because that's where it cuts off on my screen, this is the full list of leagues:

930e300d33f047aee8eb52774354d4e9.png86022283967b6c6fae81f192cdfbc00b.png1e7cb6ad3653375cba02c5fa163ded44.png9c7ccd749527c4fed22d4ff7c29c5b75.pnge21d7a7f1f70598ffb588fd27accb00e.png0359219051470091f5d3623d6ff6f020.pngf00361637c130500a7233cc5c7d21672.pngea1cb305779c760b2c3fa94264bacffb.png

It would be a very interesting save for fm3000.

I'm trying not to get too excited here, but I *think* I've finally moved on from FM13. Despite my fears, my laptop seems to be running full-fat FM19 like a dream, albeit my game world is a bit restricted.

If I can keep this progress up, I may yet have another thread in me.

On 29/06/2020 at 12:31, withnail316 said:

I'm trying not to get too excited here, but I *think* I've finally moved on from FM13. Despite my fears, my laptop seems to be running full-fat FM19 like a dream, albeit my game world is a bit restricted.

If I can keep this progress up, I may yet have another thread in me.

This is slow moving now unfortunately. I have however only just discovered that FM Touch does not have to be restricted to three countries when you play on a laptop, so that might be my compromise option. It will give me the wider game world I need but run at a decent pace. 

On 03/06/2020 at 21:33, Jimbokav1971 said:

We all love a Scandi-Nordic save in this forum, but this is a bit special by any standards and I urge you to have a look. 

The presentation in this thread is the best I have seen in any thread in these forums. Take a bow @Raware:applause:

Thanks @Jimbokav1971, I've only just seen this.  Much appreciated :thup:

4 hours ago, mattyjames_ said:

Is it possible to embed videos on these forums? I just tried to do it with a video of my latest exploits but it doesn't seem to have worked properly.

I've struggled, I just link my gyazo videos by a link in the topic.

I just don't know what it is about this FM, I just can't get into a save properly. Yes I've had two or three decent saves that have had threads written about the save but its the ones in between, the ideas that get started but never further than half a season or maybe a one full one. 

I've recently moved town in Norfolk and I wanted to start a save as them, which is level 12 of the pyramid and I wanted to like a few others have on here and go fully youth only, something I've never done before buts its just not as gripping as much I thought it would. 

I really want a good crack at youth only but somethings just not right, this edition of FM just hasn't gripped me like past editions. 

Maybe its just me :lol:

48 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

I just don't know what it is about this FM, I just can't get into a save properly. Yes I've had two or three decent saves that have had threads written about the save but its the ones in between, the ideas that get started but never further than half a season or maybe a one full one. 

I've recently moved town in Norfolk and I wanted to start a save as them, which is level 12 of the pyramid and I wanted to like a few others have on here and go fully youth only, something I've never done before buts its just not as gripping as much I thought it would. 

I really want a good crack at youth only but somethings just not right, this edition of FM just hasn't gripped me like past editions. 

It definitely is not just you. :lol:

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

It usually takes me about 5 seasons to get properly into a Youth Only save. I properly HATE the 1st seasons. 

Just try and stick with it. 

I also think lots of us have played more FM this year than we normally do, (because of Lockdown). I've already played more than I would in a normal year and I have many many many seasons still in the tank.

Does it grip me like FM14? No, but I don't think any game ever will. 

20 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

I have attempted to start a playthrough with Horsham, who are a newly promoted team at Level 8 of the pyramid. I checked 'add players to playable teams', but that didn't really help me as I have a squad of just 4 defenders; I don't really know where to go with the save now that I've lost my first five matches and my players are already getting tired :lol:

My issue is that I find it challenging to stray from what I know. I've done a Gibraltar save for the past three years I think, ever since I saw WorkTheSpace play his on YouTube. I never had the time to get as successful as he did though! But yeah, I certainly feel your pain.

3 hours ago, mattyjames_ said:

I have attempted to start a playthrough with Horsham, who are a newly promoted team at Level 8 of the pyramid. I checked 'add players to playable teams', but that didn't really help me as I have a squad of just 4 defenders; I don't really know where to go with the save now that I've lost my first five matches and my players are already getting tired :lol:

My issue is that I find it challenging to stray from what I know. I've done a Gibraltar save for the past three years I think, ever since I saw WorkTheSpace play his on YouTube. I never had the time to get as successful as he did though! But yeah, I certainly feel your pain.

I know what you mean, I've just started as Godshorn in Level 6 of Germany, they had 5 first team players with no wage budget remaining. 

I can't do the conventional on FM anymore, this year alone its been Turkmenistan, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Tier 10 England as my main saves. Year before it was Ghana, Tier 10 again and Azerbaijan. I just don't find starting with the vanilla nations exciting anymore. 

The problem I find is sticking with some saves/updates because I have so many ideas I would like to try, so I start one then look at some threads on here and get ideas for others lol

Started way more updates on here than I should have done, in fairness I have had some long saves but quite a few have been far too short.

Did a search and on FMT20 I have had 4 updates, so far anyway.

We9iC1.jpg

My first save was started early and just wasn't enjoying the game and all the purple wasn't too my liking, new skins are hard to find on FMT but got one that I can pick my own background pic and that makes a big difference for me.

My 2nd attempted save was my create-a-club Mawborough, 1st attempt I started in League One, I was enjoying the game but just wasn't completely happy with how I set the club up.

My 3rd attempt was inspired by an update on here, went to all the trouble of setting it all up but it has stalled in first season, not saying it is dead but it is down my list at the moment. Inspired by @GreyedOutMan [FM20] The Dragons' Lair

My 4th attempt was/is my 2nd effort with Mawborough on create-a-club, set us up in lowest tier possible and we are still there and currently in 3rd season, happy with the set up and enjoying the save, despite my anger issues in terms of accepting defeats lol
This is going to be a long term save, well I say that but what I mean is as long as we don't drop down from 6th tier.

That is about 8/9 seasons in total so far, that is pathetic.

So at the moment I would say I have 2 saves on the go (both stated on left).

Now I have another big idea for another save, it will be on FM20 as apposed to FMT20 because it involves edited database, again it was inspired by another save on here, it would take me to my 2nd favourite league but it is a league I haven't spent as much time in as I have wanted or intended to play there, found a team that fits me perfectly thanks to @metallimuse [FM20] FC Gütersloh 2000

Edited by Maw74

On 09/07/2020 at 17:22, ToMexico!! said:

Nah, it's definitely not you

So, I've had some success with my save in Gibraltar today, and thought as the transfer window was approaching it might be worth asking the board for some extra transfer budget.

They were like "great idea, do you think this would be enough?"

And then offered me five million dollars.

20 hours ago, Maw74 said:

The problem I find is sticking with some saves/updates because I have so many ideas I would like to try, so I start one then look at some threads on here and get ideas for others lol

Started way more updates on here than I should have done, in fairness I have had some long saves but quite a few have been far too short.

Did a search and on FMT20 I have had 4 updates, so far anyway.

We9iC1.jpg

My first save was started early and just wasn't enjoying the game and all the purple wasn't too my liking, new skins are hard to find on FMT but got one that I can pick my own background pic and that makes a big difference for me.

My 2nd attempted save was my create-a-club Mawborough, 1st attempt I started in League One, I was enjoying the game but just wasn't completely happy with how I set the club up.

My 3rd attempt was inspired by an update on here, went to all the trouble of setting it all up but it has stalled in first season, not saying it is dead but it is down my list at the moment. Inspired by @GreyedOutMan [FM20] The Dragons' Lair

My 4th attempt was/is my 2nd effort with Mawborough on create-a-club, set us up in lowest tier possible and we are still there and currently in 3rd season, happy with the set up and enjoying the save, despite my anger issues in terms of accepting defeats lol
This is going to be a long term save, well I say that but what I mean is as long as we don't drop down from 6th tier.

That is about 8/9 seasons in total so far, that is pathetic.

So at the moment I would say I have 2 saves on the go (both stated on left).

Now I have another big idea for another save, it will be on FM20 as apposed to FMT20 because it involves edited database, again it was inspired by another save on here, it would take me to my 2nd favourite league but it is a league I haven't spent as much time in as I have wanted or intended to play there, found a team that fits me perfectly thanks to @metallimuse [FM20] FC Gütersloh 2000

Gonna start a save in Germany, a choice of two teams, Gladbach or Dortmund? both interest me a lot and maybe might end up managing both during the save but one is edging it for me.

5 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Gonna start a save in Germany, a choice of two teams, Gladbach or Dortmund? both interest me a lot and maybe might end up managing both during the save but one is edging it for me.

I'm managing Dortmund on FM18 and it's been one of the few times i've actually been able to continue onwards past the first season without losing concentration. Highly reccomended.

...Also Gladbach got relegated after season 1 somehow :lol:

17 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Thanks for the name check earlier.

If I had the choice of those two I’d go for Gladbach.

9 hours ago, metallimuse said:

Thanks for the name check earlier.

If I had the choice of those two I’d go for Gladbach.

21 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

I'm managing Dortmund on FM18 and it's been one of the few times i've actually been able to continue onwards past the first season without losing concentration. Highly reccomended.

...Also Gladbach got relegated after season 1 somehow :lol:

Ok I must start by saying sorry lads, I purposely mislead you both, well not you 2 but anybody who read the post. :)

Not about Germany, I will be starting a save in Germany, for reasons stated, my favourite club in Germany is Borussia Dortmund, 2nd fav is Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Like I have said in a previous post @metallimuse inspired me here, not just because of Germany but you helped me find a club that really fits for me, I have been meaning and wanting to spend more time in Germany, I played as Bergisch Gladbach on FM10 and Borussia Dortmund on FMC15 but that is it.

I have thought about create a club but I have 2 of those so yeah I want a real club, and not just a one club save, ok the club you helped me find are in Dortmund.

6MIigY.jpg

They are the 2 clubs I was talking about, Bergisch I already knew about because played about 5 seasons on FM10 with them, my reason for picking them back then was because the place is twinned with Luton.

ASC Dortmund, I didn't even know about and after doing a search in game they are the only other Dortmund club, checked Dusseldorf and there are 3 other clubs, so ruled them out, was all set for them then remembered Bergisch Gladbach so ???

So both of your suggestion get a thumbs up but in the future, I am open to most German clubs, not Bayern or Schalke though.

Edited by Maw74

1 hour ago, Maw74 said:

ASC Dortmund, I didn't even know about and after doing a search in game they are the only other Dortmund club, checked Dusseldorf and there are 3 other clubs, so ruled them out, was all set for them then remembered Bergisch Gladbach so ???

A save with the mini Dortmund would be fun, what division are they in?

34 minutes ago, oriole01 said:

A save with the mini Dortmund would be fun, what division are they in?

They start in......

image.png.222dcdad817bb0f338256fadeef88e

Funny but in the world of Google this is how I found them.:):thup:

And as a Dortmund fan, just perfect.

EDIT.. They got relegated in his first season lol

@metallimuse, how was the first season in terms of team selection,? don't get enough players at start with the age restriction in Germany.

Edited by Maw74

10 hours ago, Maw74 said:

They start in......

image.png.222dcdad817bb0f338256fadeef88e

Funny but in the world of Google this is how I found them.:):thup:

And as a Dortmund fan, just perfect.

EDIT.. They got relegated in his first season lol

@metallimuse, how was the first season in terms of team selection,? don't get enough players at start with the age restriction in Germany.

I only had 14 players at the club who were eligible to play in my first season and I had to retrain about 4 of them to a new position.

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

I only had 14 players at the club who were eligible to play in my first season and I had to retrain about 4 of them to a new position.

Ok :thup:

I will be starting with ASC Dortmund, I have given myself 2 options,

1. Start as it is
  2. I have holidayed first season so that we have more players that can play, 

I think I will go with option 2, it also means we are now in the lowest tier I have, they were relegated in my game as well :lol:

Also just to correct this > ASC Dortmund, I didn't even know about and after doing a search in game they are the only other Dortmund club

There is Eintracht Dortmund but they are not playable.

Edited by Maw74

56 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

Ok :thup:

I will be starting with ASC Dortmund, I have given myself 2 options,

1. Start as it is
  2. I have holidayed first season so that we have more players that can play, 

I think I will go with option 2, it also means we are now in the lowest tier I have, they were relegated in my game as well :lol:

I never notice the bit about you saying they were relegated in my game until I saw this post. Not to put you off but when I see them as my next opponents I do think to myself "Well there's a chance to rest a few players" :lol:.

Good luck with them though.

Are you playing in the Westfalenliga now then?

I'm only 4/5 years in but trying to get out of a 1 team promoted league is brutal, couple of bad results and your season could be over with regards to challenging.

33 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I never notice the bit about you saying they were relegated in my game until I saw this post. Not to put you off but when I see them as my next opponents I do think to myself "Well there's a chance to rest a few players" :lol:.

Good luck with them though.

Are you playing in the Westfalenliga now then?

I'm only 4/5 years in but trying to get out of a 1 team promoted league is brutal, couple of bad results and your season could be over with regards to challenging.

That's ok, hopefully I can make them better, my initial aim is to take them as high as possible, ideally to the top and challenge the big boys of Dortmund, this isn't a one club save or a youth save, though obviously will be reliant on a lot of youth with money being tight.

I expect to be in the lower tiers for a fair bit of time, won't be jumping ship unless it is a big move up or sacked, I do have slightly more to aim for in this tier as we have two promotion spots.

AjwgcW.jpg

Had a look around and Bergisch Gladbach are 2 tiers above now after the relegation.

GiHdvC.jpg

Top spot there is a Promotion Play-Off spot.:lol:

wonder if anyone can help me. Is it possible to manage both your senior and U23 teams? And by manage actually  watch them play through the 3D engine and make changes (like you would in the senior team).

Because I went to the staff responsibilities page and put myself in the position of "give touchline instructions during games" in the U23 section, just like I have in the senior section above it, but it made no actually difference and I saw  the result after I pressed the continue button.

Is it because they have their own dedicated manager? Do I have to get rid of the unlucky fellow? Or is it simply not possible? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions about contracts and compensation. 

If I'm managing a Professional club in England and someone offers one of my Youth players a contract, then I get compensation, but what determines the level of compensation? 

If I'm managing a Sem-Pro club in England, and someone offers one of my Youth players a contract, do I still get compensation and what determines the level of compensation? 

[Edit]

Ok, so I have tried to run a bit of an experiment. I have saved my game, taken over a big club and tried to sign 3 of my players who are on Youth contracts. (16, 17 and 18 year old). 

We get the same deal for each of them. 

85334a5667619ef4a453e78bcd57a68a.png

9915283f9b7dc2f953ae157ce7cc7820.png

77f2d0342a906faae3679121b89013c7.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

On 12/07/2020 at 20:26, Maw74 said:

Ok I must start by saying sorry lads, I purposely mislead you both, well not you 2 but anybody who read the post. :)

Not about Germany, I will be starting a save in Germany, for reasons stated, my favourite club in Germany is Borussia Dortmund, 2nd fav is Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Like I have said in a previous post @metallimuse inspired me here, not just because of Germany but you helped me find a club that really fits for me, I have been meaning and wanting to spend more time in Germany, I played as Bergisch Gladbach on FM10 and Borussia Dortmund on FMC15 but that is it.

I have thought about create a club but I have 2 of those so yeah I want a real club, and not just a one club save, ok the club you helped me find are in Dortmund.

6MIigY.jpg

They are the 2 clubs I was talking about, Bergisch I already knew about because played about 5 seasons on FM10 with them, my reason for picking them back then was because the place is twinned with Luton.

So both of your suggestion get a thumbs up but in the future, I am open to most German clubs, not Bayern or Schalke though.

I did make a start to this on FM20 but just not feeling it, I have a game on FMT20 going that I am really committed to and enjoying, switching to full game on same version just not dong it for me though.
I will however still be doing the Dortmund save, I am going to put my Stopsley Utd save on hold and will start this on FM18, so expect an update soon.

Just completed 2nd season with Peterborough, enjoying this save more than I thought I would yet I won't be making a thread about it so will use this thread to update you all (who care :lol:) sporadically. 

Season one; we got promoted via the play-offs after finishing 5th, we beat Portsmouth in the final. Ivan Toney as expected top scored with 30 for the season. I only loaned in Adam Idah and Daleho Irandust in January to help the squad along in the 2nd half of the season. 

Season two: we finished a respectable 15th, ahead of the likes of Brentford and Sheffield Weds. I signed Chirivella (on a free) and Finlay Robertson from Dundee for 650k to be my first choice CM partnership. Whilst Jeremy Gelin and Irandust who both joined on loan from parent club Spurs. Toney top scored again with 20 goals whilst Marcus Maddison made 20 goal contributions from right wing. 

Going into season 3, I've struggled to recruit. Chirivella left for QPR who had just been promoted to the PL, £8.75m for him (his release clause). Also allowed four or five squad players leave on free's which has left us a little light. So far I've signed Neco Williams (rb, on loan from Liverpool), Josh Knight on a free from Leicester, Paolo Fernandes on a free from Man City and Beni Baningeme from Everton for £375k. I've still got most of the Chirivella money to spend and £90k in the wage budget.