deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, nie jem frytek said:

I need help :onmehead:

Should I reload the save before this happened or should I continue with this completely unrealistic outcome and possibly ruin Valencia's finances for years?

DQqckiS.png

i mean they are ruined irl, so why not..

On 25/09/2020 at 06:46, deltablue said:

Since we're already in late September and the FM21 release date has been announced, maybe it'll be soon time for the awards.

Sounds about right. Think you'll be returning to emcee duties this time round? You've been missed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone. 

As many of you are aware, I'm no spring chicken and I wear reading glasses to read both books and to use a computer screen.

I can't use this forum in it's current format I'm afraid. I can't read/see pictures without clicking on them to enlarge them and to be honest that used to put me off other people's threads who used small pictures. 

I think I'm going to have to stop using this forum until such time as it's changed. If that means I don't post here now then so be it. 

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now if I'm honest. I haven't got anywhere to post the rest of this save or for FM21. I guess I will either have to start my own blog or ask somewhere else to host my FM21 save. 

Hopefully they will change it back, but otherwise good luck to you all with your FM21 saves. :thup:

15 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Hi everyone. 

As many of you are aware, I'm no spring chicken and I wear reading glasses to read both books and to use a computer screen.

I can't use this forum in it's current format I'm afraid. I can't read/see pictures without clicking on them to enlarge them and to be honest that used to put me off other people's threads who used small pictures. 

I think I'm going to have to stop using this forum until such time as it's changed. If that means I don't post here now then so be it. 

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do now if I'm honest. I haven't got anywhere to post the rest of this save or for FM21. I guess I will either have to start my own blog or ask somewhere else to host my FM21 save. 

Hopefully they will change it back, but otherwise good luck to you all with your FM21 saves. :thup:

Cheers Jimbo. I've 'reported' that so Brocky can see and take note.

17 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

What's the score with the new forum update? The bit on the left hand side is effectively wasting about 25% of my screen view. Is there any way to minimize it or disable it? 

987d2393b5a6c73694f8caf00cf9e0a1.png

You could filter out "community.sigames.com###ipsLayout_contentWrapper > .ipsLayout_sidebarright" in your adblocker.

4 hours ago, nie jem frytek said:

You could filter out "community.sigames.com###ipsLayout_contentWrapper > .ipsLayout_sidebarright" in your adblocker.

That seemed to work nicely on my desktop. While I can see that something is different on my mobile, I don't see the difference on the side of the page (uh! :idiot:).

Thanks for the tip :cool:

16 minutes ago, Sonic Youth said:

That seemed to work nicely on my desktop. While I can see that something is different on my mobile, I don't see the difference on the side of the page (uh! :idiot:).

Thanks for the tip :cool:

Having done this and click on other story threads, I find this only fixes the text with the pictures still small and blurry.

I have been having a chat with Neil Brock about the size of the pictures. After returning them to their original size yesterday he has now decided to reduce them again for some reason and doesn't seem to want them increased in size again to what they were. 

@Makoto Nakamura @Motlhen @Sonic Youth @nie jem frytek @Ronaldo Beckham @Maw74 & anyone else. If you still don't think the pictures are big enough then please go in my thread and message Neil Brock to tell him what you think. At the moment he seems to want to keep the size small for some reason. 

[Edit]

If you quote my last post then it will @ him. 

Edited by Jimbokav1971

2 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I have been having a chat with Neil Brock about the size of the pictures. After returning them to their original size yesterday he has now decided to reduce them again for some reason and doesn't seem to want them increased in size again to what they were. 

@Makoto Nakamura @Motlhen @Sonic Youth @nie jem frytek @Ronaldo Beckham @Maw74 & anyone else. If you still don't think the pictures are big enough then please go in my thread and message Neil Brock to tell him what you think. At the moment he seems to want to keep the size small for some reason. 

[Edit]

If you quote my last post then it will @ him. 

I did like them how they were but maybe there is a reason Neil wants them smaller. Have you thought about inboxing Neil to ask him ?

Images don´t display anymore in my career save, just the

[img]https://i.imgur.com/UwaspeT.png[/img]

What has happened??

It used to work perfectly before (I am using Imgur).

Edited by Carambau

Just now, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I did like them how they were but maybe there is a reason Neil wants them smaller. Have you thought about inboxing Neil to ask him ?

His explanation was that there was a post in OTF that he though contained a picture that looked too bit. 

It was a picture of an emoticon, (which is usually tiny), so of course it looked big. It was changed by accident in the update and now his new preference is for smaller pics based on an emoticon. 

1 hour ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

His explanation was that there was a post in OTF that he though contained a picture that looked too bit. 

It was a picture of an emoticon, (which is usually tiny), so of course it looked big. It was changed by accident in the update and now his new preference is for smaller pics based on an emoticon. 

I will go with the majority. It doesn't bother me having to click on the image to view it but I understand if it annoys you and others. Hopefully Neil will sort it like he did with the side bar.

21 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Yep. Back to normal for me. 

Thanks @Neil Brock:applause:

I agree with both @Jimbokav1971 & @Ronaldo Beckham, but @Neil Brock I think that images should go back to how they were, if only because everyone could see every image without needing to click, people who are hard of sight wouldn't have to do anything extra in order to see the images.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with this?

Is there a limit to how many images we can add to posts? I was updating my career thread and kept getting an error. I was actually attempting to contact a mod when it suddenly started to work again.

It has me curious if there is a limit to uploads, or some way we can remove outdated attachments? If tere is even a need to.

I tend to just add attachments rather than using imgur, but if I am likely to run out of space I'll switch to imgur.

Thanks, in advance.

12 minutes ago, anagain said:

Can anyone help me with this?

Is there a limit to how many images we can add to posts? I was updating my career thread and kept getting an error. I was actually attempting to contact a mod when it suddenly started to work again.

It has me curious if there is a limit to uploads, or some way we can remove outdated attachments? If tere is even a need to.

I tend to just add attachments rather than using imgur, but if I am likely to run out of space I'll switch to imgur.

Thanks, in advance.

I know there's a total file size limit (though I can't remember what it was) which may be a factor but I don't think number of files is a limitation.

Just now, deltablue said:

I know there's a total file size limit (though I can't remember what it was) which may be a factor but I don't think number of files is a limitation.

Yeah, the images I am trying to upload are nowhere near the limit.

It just happened again. One of the images worked eventually, but another one is now failing to upload.

Maybe there's an error with the forums/server.

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know... I thought the beta was too easy. Went 16 games undefeated with Leeds to start, then lost to Brighton... then this happened...

308313056_ScreenShot2020-11-12at8_53_36PM.thumb.png.4c6c9f146c71cdcc373b76e08e408a53.png

Was really hoping to use the first couple FA Cup rounds for youth development... I guess I gave too many of youngsters a crack in the first team? But really I'm going to blame Patrick Bamford not being accurately portrayed in the game as Hattrick Bamford.

Edited by Lennac

Decided for the first time ever to boot up an all-leagues save on my new laptop.  Looking at just over a minute to process a day.  Wondering if that might be a good thing to stop me charging through saves without paying much attention.  May start a proper journeyman with it if it doesn't slow to a complete crawl.

44 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Do you use a particular database Peter, and if so, who's? 

I don't use a particular one but I think last year I used, DanBHTFC one?

I always do a double check though just in case anything wrong 

I didn't really touch the beta, but going to try and throw myself in at the deep end with a "Load everything" save.  It's going to perform like I do at 7s speed-wise, but it'll sure be detailed.  Will probably try out a thread for it, see how it goes.

With the issues with the editor I am debating whether to just start my long term save with the leagues provided by the base game rather than wait for a download for leagues below. I can still do what I want to do, just with fewer teams. No county cups either.

24 minutes ago, Peter G said:

With the issues with the editor I am debating whether to just start my long term save with the leagues provided by the base game rather than wait for a download for leagues below. I can still do what I want to do, just with fewer teams. No county cups either.

What are the issues with the Editor? 

Has anyone in here who has been reporting Demo bugs not had any response to them? 

I've reported quite a few bugs and while some of them have received some feedback, many have had no official response at all and are now 5 or 6 pages back in their respective sub forums. I appreciate that this is a busy time and loads of people are reporting bugs, but I'm also uploading saves right at the outset, so it's a little frustrating that I've gone to the trouble to report them but they haven't warranted a response. 

I've bumped a couple that I thought were important, but I've just started a new season and again I have had no friendlies created for me. 

When I go to check why non were created, (It happened last season and I put that down to me having no Ass Man and the DoF not recruiting a new one), it appears that there is no no way to delegate the responsibility to arrange friendlies. Am I missing something? 

I have delegated absolutely everything. 

709a985c5019b9f7510f106289af4c13.png

Arranging Friendlies is not in this section. 

f03d5173b97f9d3e943811063104104e.png

Arranging friendlies is not in this section. 

e5db35966b68d828da39f5dbf71e5095.png

a7fedfc22e6709813e146e14dee6e870.png

97eb9b43fed8603fb06a51babb2f25b8.png

Arranging friendlies is not in either of these 2 sections.

b8fbc5227752ecfe19e222d1c9318454.png

Leads Friendly matches is in this section, but arranging them isn't.

fbe51e9d1a3aaa2f7a535a3b8c031464.png

4 hours ago, B.W.G said:

I saw this,quite a big one to affect so many countries :eek:

Yeah, that's the one. In that horrible bit now where I am stuck between starting my long-term save with one or two changes or waiting and doing a small save whilst I wait..

3 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

When I go to check why non were created, (It happened last season and I put that down to me having no Ass Man and the DoF not recruiting a new one), it appears that there is no no way to delegate the responsibility to arrange friendlies. Am I missing something? 

I have delegated absolutely everything. 

I found it on the schedule screen

bffb5bfe6450919fd76fcc2b59f3082c.png

But of the six friendlies this year, I set up five, and one was an invite.  I was in the middle of a backroom clear out at the time but there was a DoF and a Coach who could have done it as it only lists Backroom staff and not Asst Man