The New FMCU General Discussion Thread

deltablue

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Had you just been taken over? If so I had the same thing happen earlier today, 12 seasons into a Youth Only save. :( 

Yep just had a takeover.

On 17/02/2020 at 12:22, scousevasey said:

2e743fd575d30a948dff2f98187ea916.png

We have gone past Strikerless and are now at defenderless too with everyone in the DM or AM strata.  Results are questionable currently

v2 changed the roles at DM slightly to be SV-A-HB from left to right, and I decided to try it with some decent players so added a 2nd manager as the Germany U21 manager

The result is one for @ManUtd1 in terms of craziness

156a566808b0cc7537d96b99dca07125.png

The ball played into the box for us to score from

7ea646e57ec8946699f60a765d5b9a53.png

The statistics from the game

It may only be Andorra, but one of those strange games (more info in the tactics post)

@Maw74Do you mean the WINTER UPDATE banner? 

If you do, I use adblock and never see them.

Oh hang on, you're talking about the "not secure" bit. 

I think I have seen this on here before but can't remember the response. I'm going to "report" your post and explain why so that we can maybe highlight what is going on.

6 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

@Maw74Do you mean the WINTER UPDATE banner? 

If you do, I use adblock and never see them.

Oh hang on, you're talking about the "not secure" bit. 

I think I have seen this on here before but can't remember the response. I'm going to "report" your post and explain why so that we can maybe highlight what is going on.

👍

Yeah, should have made it clearer lol

Only noticed it when looking through some of my update threads past and present.

Asked in here as wasn't sure where to report it.

On 16/02/2020 at 06:38, Jimbokav1971 said:

I haven't played FM in 3 weeks. 

04f6322aee37b8814bb2365acebe3858.png

Not even loaded it up since then. I don't think I have played it properly since before Christmas. I haven't gone this long without loading the game up in about..... probably since about 2003 when I bought CM03/04. 

I don;t quite know what it is. I loved FM19 but FM20 just hasn't done it for me. 

I uninstalled it today after the last ME patch didn't really make any changes (gave a fuller account in the swamp that is the feedback thread) but I did really enjoy FM18 so am going back to that. Might even make a few Career Freds as it's been a long while.

3 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

I uninstalled it today after the last ME patch didn't really make any changes (gave a fuller account in the swamp that is the feedback thread) but I did really enjoy FM18 so am going back to that. Might even make a few Career Freds as it's been a long while.

I've started playing again surprisingly, but I'm really forcing it a little because I'm next in line on the Joint Save thing. 

I can't tell you exactly what it is. It's a number of different things really. 

I can't watch matches at all and the only way I can see highlights is via the "View highlights" button. 

My GK only rarely scores free-kicks now, we keep losing in the 1st Knockout round of the Champions League. It's all a bit meh at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I've started playing again surprisingly, but I'm really forcing it a little because I'm next in line on the Joint Save thing. 

I can't tell you exactly what it is. It's a number of different things really. 

I can't watch matches at all and the only way I can see highlights is via the "View highlights" button. 

My GK only rarely scores free-kicks now, we keep losing in the 1st Knockout round of the Champions League. It's all a bit meh at the moment. 

It just didn't pass the eye test for me. In FM18 if I changed something or wanted a certain style of play I could see it happening in the ME. Types of goals scored seemed different and matches felt less... I don't wanna say scripted coz that's not what I mean but in FM20 the matches, types of goals and the way it played out always seemed the same. There was no variation in play and given the way I like to play this really rankled with me. That run I went on with Hornchurch in FM20 when I didn't win in half a season and then stayed up and then went top the following season was weird. The way we played didn't change, we were just winning instead of losing. I turned it around but have no idea how or why because the information given in the ME just doesn't allow you to work it out. With a ME like that the changes between 18 and 20 would need to be massive for me to not go back and TBH as good as some of the additions of the last two years are they aren't enough.

Okay so i've the challenge of bringing a team from the 22nd tier to the PL, using only youth players. This can only end well :lol:

FM18 is actually quicker than I remember it being, that's quite nice.

13 minutes ago, Minuy600 said:

Okay so i've the challenge of bringing a team from the 22nd tier to the PL, using only youth players. This can only end well :lol:

FM18 is actually quicker than I remember it being, that's quite nice.

You say that, but you should get promoted in each of the first ten seasons or so.  When I did this in FM18, I got virtually maxed out youth recruitment and junior coaching in the first season.

It will be fun regardless.  👍

12 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

You say that, but you should get promoted in each of the first ten seasons or so.  When I did this in FM18, I got virtually maxed out youth recruitment and junior coaching in the first season.

It will be fun regardless.  👍

I know both of those things, yeah. It'll be great fun to see the wackiness of English lower league football, as other clubs will likely do something similar to us... or the exact opposite! With a smooth speedy game and huge recognisability this might become one of my favorite saves of all time.

On 05/03/2020 at 19:34, DazRTaylor said:

I have been playing this game in its various itinerations since 1992 and I have just, finally, got over one of the worst runs form I have ever had.

3SXC5mY.png

Christ man, that's the polar opposite of the start I've had in my current Bishop's Stortford season in the Southern League Premier Division.

26 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

To those complaining about games in a row without winning.....

I once went 10 full seasons (on #FM18), without a competitive win as Manager of San Marino National team. :lol:

(I did have the last laugh though). :cool:

You sir, have the patience of a saint haha. 10 seasons, wow. I thought my team was about to become the first Vincibles team but you've beat me to it haha.

28 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

19 without a win in the end.  I survived on the last day by one point.  :hammer:

I win!....or wait, I lose. I won my game after that one which made it 20 league games without a win. Insane.

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

To those complaining about games in a row without winning.....

I once went 10 full seasons (on #FM18), without a competitive win as Manager of San Marino National team. :lol:

(I did have the last laugh though). :cool:

That doesn't really count lol

Isn't that just what San Marino do? 😆

So I've got a bit of save going that I never intended to document but have been thoroughly enjoying it and am a little disappointed I haven't made a thread. 

Started with Hellesdon, an area/suburb of Norwich. A club that starts life at Level 11 of the English pyramid in the Anglian Combination Premier Division. The first four seasons were a doddle, four promotions in a row including three as champions. Season five, in the Southern League Premier Central we finished 7th but were subsequently promoted the next season in 2nd place. We were promoted to the Vanarama North and a season of consolidation where we finished 12th. 

Between that and Jan of the next season (season 8) is where money has become an issue. We're heavily in debt, £733k currently. The board practically halved the 5k p/w wage budget we had. Despite the financial implications we managed to finish 5th but went out in the first round of the play offs to Vickerstown, a club who have been heavily backed financially (they have an annual wage budget of £2.54m compared to my £136k per annum currently. 

Prior to this season (season 9) the club decided to plough on with a new 3000 capacity stadium at a cost of £1.8m. A £1m loan taken out. 12 players left the club and 10 joined as the club gave me a 4k p/w to spend. Currently in October, we sit 6th and through to the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup but the board have slashed the wage budget again to £2.67k p/w. 

My whole signing mantra has been offer trials to any half decent youth player released from a club in the top four divisions, then sign anyone who wants half affordable wages. I've found some real gems but as i'm still only a part time club I can only offer one-year contracts and have lost some players to League clubs and Irish league clubs. 

Am really enjoying this save despite the financial implications and the club is beginning to stagnate with a high turnover of players every season. I may start a thread after the end of season 10. 

18 minutes ago, rodesire said:

That seems very much real life lower league experience

It definitely is to a certain degree. In real life you don't see too many clubs spring up the lower league ladder by 5 divisions in 7 seasons or so. 

We even had to move grounds and play in Gorleston (which is about 30 miles away) due to grading issues but that new stadium changes things. 

Looking forward to getting stuck into in the coming days anyway. 

Can anyone tell me why my pictures embedded in the career are automatically resized to a maximum wide of 500 px? Pretty sure that I saw larger pics in other careers. Could be cause I am using links from fmshots where the pics are uploaded? 

Thanks in advance. 

the url[/

25 minutes ago, Muttley84 said:

Can anyone tell me why my pictures embedded in the career are automatically resized to a maximum wide of 500 px? Pretty sure that I saw larger pics in other careers. Could be cause I am using links from fmshots where the pics are uploaded? 

Thanks in advance. 

post the url for the image to be posted like below for it to show up in full size. If you paste the url directly in response, it gets cropped

ec353c0746cf8bf5744f8c68d1c6e67c.png

Finished the 9th season down in a still respectable 9th place, however we only scored 44 goals and but conceded 42. Pretty poor attack wise. 

Anyway, about the board. Once the season ended they slashed the wage budget to £1.8k p/w, less than half my current spend, even then we weren't over the actual wage budget. Rumours started circling that we could go into administration one week then be taken over the next, I'll take option 2 please. 

A week later the board announce a new loan to help with running costs. £925k, we're back to zero in the bank. We now have £2.1m of net debt taken in loans, repayments of £13k per month. 

Alas, no administration yet no takeover either. No increase in the wage budget though and no option to ask the board either. I've released 8 players and one left for another club. I've since managed to sign 5 players on free's on much lower wages and have signed one player on loan as things stand. We're still over the wage budget by £500 p/w with 13 first team players on the books. 

A little reminder of what I said 5 days ago...

On 17/03/2020 at 22:08, ToMexico!! said:

Am really enjoying this save despite the financial implications and the club is beginning to stagnate with a high turnover of players every season

Things look bleak, we're predicted 20th of 22. The board have gone from wanting play-offs in season 9 to avoiding relegation this season. 

We're joined in the Vanarama North by Bolton who were just relegated from the National.

This could be a long season. 

43 minutes ago, rodesire said:

That's a ****ing bleak situation to be in. Any chance of free loans?

Yeah i've filled up my quota of 6 season long loans. We've now got a squad of 17. 

First home game of the season gave me some hope as we had a 2533 attendance but since then the last two home games we've had 316 & 237 fans :rolleyes:.

8 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Yeah i've filled up my quota of 6 season long loans. We've now got a squad of 17. 

First home game of the season gave me some hope as we had a 2533 attendance but since then the last two home games we've had 316 & 237 fans :rolleyes:.

Survival and cup run or bust I guess

On 22/03/2020 at 09:53, ToMexico!! said:

Finished the 9th season down in a still respectable 9th place, however we only scored 44 goals and but conceded 42. Pretty poor attack wise. 

Anyway, about the board. Once the season ended they slashed the wage budget to £1.8k p/w, less than half my current spend, even then we weren't over the actual wage budget. Rumours started circling that we could go into administration one week then be taken over the next, I'll take option 2 please. 

A week later the board announce a new loan to help with running costs. £925k, we're back to zero in the bank. We now have £2.1m of net debt taken in loans, repayments of £13k per month. 

Alas, no administration yet no takeover either. No increase in the wage budget though and no option to ask the board either. I've released 8 players and one left for another club. I've since managed to sign 5 players on free's on much lower wages and have signed one player on loan as things stand. We're still over the wage budget by £500 p/w with 13 first team players on the books. 

A little reminder of what I said 5 days ago...

Things look bleak, we're predicted 20th of 22. The board have gone from wanting play-offs in season 9 to avoiding relegation this season. 

We're joined in the Vanarama North by Bolton who were just relegated from the National.

This could be a long season. 

Jesus that's a lot of debt.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realised that U19 Champions League knockouts and Icelandic League have almost no overlap.

Gives me some really cheeky ideas given half of my senior squad is eligible for the competition and I can handle the League Cup easily with second string now...

45 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Can someone remind me where I set the instruction for my U23's/U18's to play the same tactic as the First Team please? 

I know it's here. I just can't find it. 

Isn't it you click into you U23/U18 overview and select primary tactic. Can be altered between current tactics or the U23/U18 managers preferred choice of tactic. 

48 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Can someone remind me where I set the instruction for my U23's/U18's to play the same tactic as the First Team please? 

I know it's here. I just can't find it. 

On earlier FMs it was under staff responsibities, select U23/U18 and tick box to play the same tactics as first team.

3 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Isn't it you click into you U23/U18 overview and select primary tactic. Can be altered between current tactics or the U23/U18 managers preferred choice of tactic. 

Can't see it there. 

Just now, rodesire said:

On earlier FMs it was under staff responsibities, select U23/U18 and tick box to play the same tactics as first team.

That's where I thought it was, but just not seeing it. 

8 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

04368f22461360f866cfcb3ed884a02d.png

This is what I can see. 

I think I'm looking at the wrong page. 

I'm clicking on this. 15de31078531f0c6a9354daf62a422db.png 

Then on this. 48b9900a382caf2cf2b79822e5bf849a.png

This would seem to explain things for the U18's 83cb0d00365d1c5ee8ae35c5673c8b6b.png

I can't find option in responsibilities to change things though.

The U23's look different again, (and the reason for that is that they are already using the Senior tactic). 

Morning all! Long-time FM Stories member here, decided that after 10 years of visiting the same place I'd cross the street and have a look at what you guys have got over here. I'm going to give a couple of threads a read through, anybody with any recommendations?