Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

I agree with everyone else about the 'have fun' bit.

Also, if you develop an attachment to the team in question, it helps. I took over RKC Waalwijk on FM16. As of now, I've played them on three different saves as one club and flown to Holland to see them in real life

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've reached a crossroads in my current save. I'm with Fortuna Sittard at the moment, 2nd in the league approaching Xmas 2018, first year I made the promotion playoff but got battered by Heracles. Second year is going alright so far despite losing a couple of key players who desperately wanted to play at a higher level. 

However, as we went through a poor spell and my chairman kept all of our transfer revenue I applied for the Sheffield Wednesday job. They're currently rock bottom of the championship and have offered me the job.

Unsure of what to do, I asked the wife, who thinks I'm taking it too seriously. I think I should make the move but then I have grown a little bit attached to Fortuna.

3 hours ago, dnlwrd said:

So I've reached a crossroads in my current save. I'm with Fortuna Sittard at the moment, 2nd in the league approaching Xmas 2018, first year I made the promotion playoff but got battered by Heracles. Second year is going alright so far despite losing a couple of key players who desperately wanted to play at a higher level. 

However, as we went through a poor spell and my chairman kept all of our transfer revenue I applied for the Sheffield Wednesday job. They're currently rock bottom of the championship and have offered me the job.

Unsure of what to do, I asked the wife, who thinks I'm taking it too seriously. I think I should make the move but then I have grown a little bit attached to Fortuna.

Stay. Soon you’ll be totally in love with Holland

Liverpool FC - 23rd July 2017 to 10th August 2022 

5 x Premier League Champions

5 x UEFA Champions League Winners

4 x FA Cup Champions

5 x Carabao Cup Champions

4 x Club World Championship Winners

5 x Euro Super Cup wins

5 x Charity Shield winners

England - 2022 World Cup Champions

Left Liverpool FC 10/08/2022

Went on holiday mode, Real Madrid gave me opportunity for job interview 22/08/2022

Joined Real Madrid 22/08/2022

Second behind Alex Ferguson on World wide Hall of fame table. 156 points behind.

55 minutes ago, meadowsaaron02 said:

4 x FA Cup Champions

5 x Euro Super Cup wins

Went on holiday mode, Real Madrid gave me opportunity for job interview 22/08/2022

Second behind Alex Ferguson on World wide Hall of fame table. 156 points behind.

1 x Serie C2 title

World Cup appearance with Iran

Failure to qualify for World Cup with Chile

Sacked from a club called Young Boys

Relegated by an unbelievable slew of bad ref calls, double-injuries and players suddenly unable to hit the target.

Watching David Moyes, Steve McClaren and Gordon Strachan topple the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Super Arsenal and England expectations, while Ashley Cole gets everyone relegated and Glenn Hoddle gets everyone double-relegated.

My career's better than yours.

1 hour ago, meadowsaaron02 said:

4 x FA Cup Champions

5 x Euro Super Cup wins

Keep up the good work! Absolutely smashing it :) 

2 hours ago, meadowsaaron02 said:

4 x FA Cup Champions

5 x Euro Super Cup wins

How's Vogel getting on?

9 hours ago, meadowsaaron02 said:

4 x FA Cup Champions

5 x Euro Super Cup wins

How is that 16 year old doing?  Now 21 of course.  Has his CA reached 3,187 yet?

32 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

Happy New Year everyone!

May 2018 bring you all the best regens, long unbeaten runs and many, many matches where you don't get FM'ed.

What about Korean spambot invasions?!  Everyone could use more laphonk.  And that belgeum...man, don't tempt me.

6 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

What about Korean spambot invasions?!  Everyone could use more laphonk.  And that belgeum...man, don't tempt me.

I forgot about the Korean Spam Bots. Damn. If I had more bulgeum, I wouldn't have made this mistake. As for the laphonk, well hopefully 2018 provides plenty of that too.

3 minutes ago, Fer Fuchs Ake said:

I forgot about the Korean Spam Bots. Damn. If I had more bulgeum, I wouldn't have made this mistake. As for the laphonk, well hopefully 2018 provides plenty of that too.

Amen to that.

giphy.gif

Until FM18 I had never had a youth only game before.  I am itching to go again, though hopefully with an established academy or an academy ahead of its league.

Brommapojkarna in Sweden have an incredible academy.  So they are an option.  Haverfordwest or Llanelli are decent enough in Wales though I would need to holiday for a season.

Any others?

Hi folks, quick question for you all as I'm new here and can't seem to do anything right.

I posted a topic about my career, all was well except my screenshots didn't show up properly, so I hid the post so I could sort it, but now I can't seem to access the post at all? Is there anywhere to find content I've hidden? In my profile my content count is 1 but if I try to look at my posts it doesn't show up

I'd appreciate any help, cheers.

2 minutes ago, Kirwan24 said:

Hi folks, quick question for you all as I'm new here and can't seem to do anything right.

I posted a topic about my career, all was well except my screenshots didn't show up properly, so I hid the post so I could sort it, but now I can't seem to access the post at all? Is there anywhere to find content I've hidden? In my profile my content count is 1 but if I try to look at my posts it doesn't show up

I'd appreciate any help, cheers.

Hiding a post/tread is soft deletion, but a mod(like @deltablue) should be able to recover it for you.

12 minutes ago, Kirwan24 said:

Damn, baptism of fire. Thanks for the speedy reply bud

In that case allow me to warn you that the post editor saves when you don't need it to and doesn't save when you need it to.

So after a while of writing a post, make sure to copy and paste it in a document to save it as backup in case you accidentally click something or it freezes. Otherwise you lose everything. Then question whether it's worth ever doing again.

1 minute ago, git2thachoppa said:

In that case allow me to warn you that the post editor saves when you don't need it to and doesn't save when you need it to.

So after a while of writing a post, make sure to copy and paste it in a document to save it as backup in case you accidentally click something or it freezes. Otherwise you lose everything. Then question whether it's worth ever doing again.

Thanks for the tip!

Archived