Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I’m waiting for Dan BHTFC’s update @Wavelberry. He’s hoping for a mid December/early Jan release. Usually goes down to about level 22. Although he usually goes to about 12 with the regional leagues.

Yeah I know Dan's is best but I thought I was going to have to head to Level 8 before it was released. As is I have now found a way to keep my Wick save... alive so can wait for Dan's to come out.

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Be very careful about scouting costs. They have tweaked it in the latest patch, but I haven't had a chance to see how much by. 

Yeah, I ran out just as the season ended, but in my defense I've done an awful lot of scouting.  There should be a way to modify your budget to.

Or is there a way and I haven't seen it?

Jellico73

On 11/15/2017 at 22:16, forameuss said:

After really struggling to get into a few FM editions now, I think I love this one.  

Defending an 8 match winning run, 1-0 down going into the last 10 minutes.  Managed to get 1 back, but then looked more like conceding than getting the winner.  They break forward and a defensive mistake sends them clean through.  They cut it back, but it's slightly behind the striker and he fluffs his lines.  We break back, a very deep cross to the far post and tap home the winner in the 93rd minute.  

I ****ing love this game.

On 11/16/2017 at 07:18, git2thachoppa said:

That kinda sounds like you like it because you got a dramatic winner. Had you been on a losing streak, which will happen eventually, you'd be saying you hate it surely.

Finished the season, and although the winning streak went by the wayside, ended up winning the league on the final day by a couple of points, so up to Serie C with me.  Still stand by what I said about the game - even when it wasn't going well, I didn't get the usual feeling of lack of control in the game, and felt, for once, like I was actually making a difference with my rudimentary tactical nous.  Recently started the new season very well after a bit of a re-build, and still enjoying the game.  

May end up starting a career thread on it, but not sure I quite have that kind of time on my hands.

15 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Attribute masking has been a must for me ever since it was first introduced. You wouldn't know that Jonny Left Back has 12 for tackling playing for Conwy United when you're managing Newcastle Town in the Northern Premier League Premier Division.

Same.  Always have it on.

I remember on the original CM the FOW wasn't an option. It just seems so normal now to not be able to see all attributes.

I even remember playing with fake players from the start so that I wouldn't know who to sign, but even then it was obvious who was whom because the players were from similar Countries and with similar make-ups in the same positions. They were regens rather than newgens if you like. 

I wouldn't mind having another go at fake players actually. I was a fan at the time but I remember there were issues with attribute balance such as pace and acceleration not being linked, or you might have a player who's 2 best attributes were dribbling and marking for example, but the player had no linking strong attributes. I assume that's resolved now. 

I honestly don't know why I don't start with fake players, I would much prefer it. 

10 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Okay, so how many people are going to be pulling some all-nighters over the next seven weeks during The Ashes?

I can't while I'm at work, but I'm planning on having a few early mornings to catch as much live as possible.

9 minutes ago, dafuge said:

I can't while I'm at work, but I'm planning on having a few early mornings to catch as much live as possible.

Annoyingly I am currently working Wed-Fri at the moment which is an Ashes pain but think I'm going to try and get to lunch for the first two days and see how I go. 

Cricket...if theres one game i know less of than footsoccerball, its cricket....

But its sort of the dead time here in the states sports wise.  Playoffs, both college and pro football, are a few weeks off, the college basketball season just got started and nothing exciting there happens until January anyways, so I should get a lot of FM in.  

Jellico73

11 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Speaking of the Ashes, is anyone else bored of all the trash talk the Aussies are doing (again)?  It is the same every series.  They seem to forget they have only one series win against us in ten years and they have lost four of the last five series.

The only person that seems to be biting is Matt Prior :D

20 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Speaking of the Ashes, is anyone else bored of all the trash talk the Aussies are doing (again)?  It is the same every series.  They seem to forget they have only one series win against us in ten years and they have lost four of the last five series.

Considering England's record in Australia - one series win in more than three decades, and two 5-0 losses in the last three visits - I'm not sure you've a leg to stand on there.

2 hours ago, withnail316 said:

Considering England's record in Australia - one series win in more than three decades, and two 5-0 losses in the last three visits - I'm not sure you've a leg to stand on there.

I disagree.  As the Aussies are so keen to talk about mental scars, I would think 60 all out and an entire innings in one tweet would be up there.

My first save will be as always with my fav team, Marseille!

I'll use (at first at least, hopefully I can make it work) a system that isn't even slightly in the pipe IRL, but I think we have some players to use it! A 5-2-3, with Payet as a playmaker on the left, Thauvin as an inside forward and Mitroglou as a target. With Gustavo as a ball winner and Sanson as a CM, on paper it's really really good. Amavi - Sakai are offensive providers who can defend, but are mostly offensive, so it's perfect. The only problem IRL would be central defense, but in the game they look fairly good. Abdennour has great stats (despite being meh IRL so far) and Doria looks better than he should be. Kamara also has a ton of potential and his stats are already good.

I'm planning on not bringing in anybody in summer, first because the window transfer is over IRL and also because I think we have quite a number of players. I could buy players who would come in next season though (ideally this winter but there is not that option as long as the summer window transfer is open).

Thanks Rikulec. I had 790 every single time in my first season which didn't seem right. Not so much the figure itself but how it was the same every match when you'd expect it to change a little based on opposition and form. The cup and friendly matches were lower but it never got higher than that. I'll see what happens in the second season but I was suspecting a potential bug.

7 minutes ago, deltablue said:

Ah good. Just had the first home match of the season and got 3,719, and that was a cup game against a lower division side. No idea where they all came from but it's a promising sign.

Nothing much else to do in Finland, tbh..

26 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

I’ve got used to the scouting tbh. Especially as Brexit in my save was a ball ache.

No matter how hard I try, I just can’t do it.  My biggest fear is that it is here to stay and if so, I am going to be playing FM17 for years to come.  Unless I get into youth challenges.

3 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

You all know my struggles with getting into FM18 and it is the scouting system (among MANY others) that I don’t get on with.  As such, I am willing to try a youth only challenge, which I have never done before in any CM/FM as this will bypass the scouting.

Any ideas?

This is exactly what I’m doing in my game. I can’t get on with the scouting either.

2 hours ago, Deisler26 said:

This is exactly what I’m doing in my game. I can’t get on with the scouting either.

Is the assignment process, or the new layout thats bugging you?

I am doing OK with it myself, but then I was never really wedded to earlier versions either.

Jellico73

1 hour ago, Jellico73 said:

Is the assignment process, or the new layout thats bugging you?

I am doing OK with it myself, but then I was never really wedded to earlier versions either.

Jellico73

More the layout and how the results are returned. I find it's just easier to go into the teams and find players to scout, rather than look at my scouting menu

20 minutes ago, Deisler26 said:

More the layout and how the results are returned. I find it's just easier to go into the teams and find players to scout, rather than look at my scouting menu

Ah, I see.

Maybe one of these days in my free time I can put together a n00b's guide to scouting and show how I've been using it.

It does have a few UI and UeX bugs that can be worked out, but its early days still.

Jellico73

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 20:28, DazRTaylor said:

You all know my struggles with getting into FM18 and it is the scouting system (among MANY others) that I don’t get on with.  As such, I am willing to try a youth only challenge, which I have never done before in any CM/FM as this will bypass the scouting.

Any ideas?

Uruguay is ideal for a youth only challenge. The youth intakes are brilliant, full of players good enough for the top division. You also get the Intermedio where you can get away with fielding a weakened team for a run of games.

48 minutes ago, dafuge said:

Uruguay is ideal for a youth only challenge. The youth intakes are brilliant, full of players good enough for the top division. You also get the Intermedio where you can get away with fielding a weakened team for a run of games.

I have never managed there, ever, so a good shout.

FM18, bought it yesterday. I am LFC. 2017/18.

Beat Shrewsbury Town 6-0 away then Cardiff away 9-0. How easy is this version? No transfers so far. start of august 2017. 4231 wide formation. Attacking/Fluid. Got AC Milan next, then EPL and then UCL best placed playoff round.

Toying with the idea of running two career threads as suffering save fatigue with just the one game on the go but very much enjoying the Wick save and want to come back to it through the season. Also want to manage my team which now I've installed the Level 9 database plus logos galore is a goer...

On 22/11/2017 at 18:26, DazRTaylor said:

I disagree.  As the Aussies are so keen to talk about mental scars, I would think 60 all out and an entire innings in one tweet would be up there.

A third 5-0 in four visits incoming, then...

Archived