Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

My method for a while now has been to take the pics with Lightshot, then drag and drop all of them to Imgur.

I find this more convenient than Gyazo because whilst Gyazo is super handy for taking a single screenshot, my updates almost always have like a dozen of them and I don't want to go back and forth between writing and screenshoting.

Lightshot is fantastically handy, it also has the option of directly uploading to their hosting site if you want.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep finding incredible team names while playing FM 07. I've avoided mentioning them, as Sod's Law means I'll stop seeing the incredible names once I start writing them down, but let's test the law. (Especially as I'm now managing Young Boys.)

So the one I always remember is a team in Bolivia, who are called 'The Strongest'.

Today's team is Hong Kong 2008... they were founded in 2002.

There's also FC Santa Claus in Finland, which I remember somewhere here did a save with them a few releases back. Finland is great for team names, I also remember an FC Jazz and FCJ Blackbird.

Not a playable league, but Ghana has Hearts of Oak.

So I've started a save with my usual starting points (unemployed, Sunday League player, no badges) and I'm one month into the Swedish season with IS Halmia. Which is about 3 weeks further than I've got into any other season on FM 17. :D

Won my first match, then lost 2, then conceded a late equalizer at the bottom side but finally getting a win. So I'm 2-1-2, but unfortunately the board want the team to reach the promotion playoff, and the media is picking us for 3rd.

Plus the club is losing money hand over fist (although I'm still well below the wage budget). And I've already cocked up a contract extension by not realizing projected player status (key player, first team player, etc.) is on the initial "promises" screen.

Great success!

34 minutes ago, Jason the Yank said:

So I've started a save with my usual starting points (unemployed, Sunday League player, no badges) and I'm one month into the Swedish season with IS Halmia. Which is about 3 weeks further than I've got into any other season on FM 17. :D

Won my first match, then lost 2, then conceded a late equalizer at the bottom side but finally getting a win. So I'm 2-1-2, but unfortunately the board want the team to reach the promotion playoff, and the media is picking us for 3rd.

Plus the club is losing money hand over fist (although I'm still well below the wage budget). And I've already cocked up a contract extension by not realizing projected player status (key player, first team player, etc.) is on the initial "promises" screen.

Great success!

Sounds like the beginning of an epic journeyman save!

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 13:23, Our Al said:

Just bought the latest version in the Steam summer sale.  Been playing this since back in 97 when I was just 15 years old (a looong time ago).

Liking the game.  1st save, just do the usual trick. Start with your favourite club (Chester) and work out the basics till you get sacked...

Only thing is...

14 games into the 2020/21 season and I'm 3rd in the Championship...

Managed to get 3 promotions on the bounce, all by winning the play-offs in the Vanarama Conference, League Two and League One respectively.

I've done Non-League to top flight before back on FM15 a couple of years ago, but that took 5 seasons, this would be a personal best if I somehow manage to go up again.

God knows what this will mean with the ground.  Capacity is still only 5,500!

And so Promotion from the Championship to the Premier League was secured at first time of asking.

and then promptly defied all odds and finished a dizzy 6th in my debut in the Premier League.

Some crazy results in the process, some cracking deals in the summer transfer window with Ademola Lookman coming in on a free from Everton, Che Adams being signed from 2.2mill and then bagging 25 goals upfront, Sergi Canos getting 18 assists from the right wing, Angelino being a beast of a left back, George Thorne playing in the holding midfield role, and Kristoffer Ajer being a beast in the middle of the park.

Meant a big cash influx by the end of the season so been and splashed the cash on Tammy Abraham (signed from Barnsley), some Romanian right winger from Liverpool for £34m (Hadji?) a couple of Italian centre backs and some cheap options from Scotland to add a bit of depth to the centre of midfield. 

Board announced a 22,000 all seater stadium is being built, and will replace my now 12,500 capacity Deva Stadium in 2 years time. 

Can't wait for the new season to start!

9 minutes ago, ManUtd1 said:

Nicely done, @Our Al!

Thanks, the new season should be a journey into the unknown. European Football, fighting to replicate that 6th place finish and fighting for a domestic trophy.  I've used the cup competitions in the past just to play promising youth teamers, but might go for broke and target both League and FA Cups. Certainly got more strength in depth than I've ever had before!

Two seasons ago, I recall someone holidaying a save for a thousand years and releasing the save game file.

I have a file that is just shy of eight hundred years (I could holiday until 2816, which will take me a week or so).  I intended to get this to 3016, but it looks like I won't have the time.

Is this a file anyone is interested in?

2 hours ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

Go on the Papa! :applause::lol:

Seriously though @withnail316serves you right for having a team full of South Americans playing in Holland. :lol:

Pah - there's two South Americans in the first XI, a Brazilian and an Argentine. 4 Dutchmen, 2 Italians, 1 Czech, a Nigerian and a German.... 

OK, there are nine South Americans in the whole squad, but five of them are homegrown... get them in as youngsters! :D 

For those of you that are doing English saves, I'm currently in the middle of my second season in the Championship with Sheffield FC and I'm now able to request "Increase youth level". I know what it is for, but since our finances arent too good and I'm hoping to persuade the board to build a new stadium (current capacity is only  2,500) I'm hesitant to request it.  Am I right in thinking that this won't cost us any money?

2 hours ago, Rikulec said:

Looking for a save to keep me busy until FM18. Ideas?

I'm in the middle of another club save, but if I wasn't doing that I'd being doing a flipped league save like Loki Doki is doing.  I may do that as one of my FM 18 saves.

On 8/19/2017 at 15:40, Jason the Yank said:

Great success!

Playing the top team in the division. We've been playing OK with one up front (4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-3-1) all season, and everyone we've played so far has run with a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-2-2 (basically just the 4-4-2 with the CMs deployed as DMs)

But I see our opponents typically go with a 3-4-1-2. So I devise our own 4-2-2-2 and attempt to exploit the flanks and counter. We get a first-half goal, and another early in the 2nd. We're up 2-0 in the 75th minute when I choose to pull us back from counter to defensive.

We give up 2 goals in the next 5 minutes, and then an 88th minute penalty to lose. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2017 at 02:36, Deisler26 said:

I've been treading water since I ended my RKC save.

Has anyone got any ten-years-in files they can upload?

I don't have a ten year-in file but I do have a three year-in file with most of the big Europeans leagues loaded in FM17.

It was removed a couple of years ago, since it was seen as too similar to this place and the Stories forum (as well as having very little activity by that point) and they were trying to reduce the number of unnecessary forums.

9 hours ago, deltablue said:

It's almost time for the FMCU awards so get thinking about your votes. I've just decided mine.

I've just read through last years thread. Was actually really good. 

Have we got a date set yet @deltablue?

For those who can't remember what the categories were last year, this is them. Not sure of they will all remain as is, or if there will be new categories, but I'm sure we will be told nearer the date. 

Best Player:
Best Retro Career: 
Best Thread Name: 
Best Poster:
Best Fountain of Youth: 
Best Journeyman Career: 
Best Newcomer:
Best Team: 
Best Career Thead: 
Best Manager: 

We're not doing Best Player this year, but otherwise it's going to be much the same. 'Retro' will be a very small field though but we've had that before with the youth category for a couple of years and carried on regardless. Unless there's someone particularly memorable there's no point as last year proved. I was going to do it on Saturday 7th but that weekend might be tricky for family reasons, so it'll probably be the Saturday after that, assuming that's the time of the week people are most likely to be able to 'attend'. I've had quite a bit of difficulty deciding on a co-host, and it should be someone I'm reasonably familiar with but I think I know who it's going to be now. ;)

On 25/09/2017 at 23:08, Agent said:

Good evening chaps, this seems the most reasonable place to ask this question.

I was on these forums many years ago and was a fairly active participant in the LLM area. Where has this gone to? I can't seem to find it anywhere. 

I cannot remember my log in from years ago so I have had to recreate one. 

LLM died a long lingering death. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Everything looks weird. Display pictures? CSE being dead? My old Asian challenge being dead? Is MLS still bugged in the latest FMs. :D

Still no interest in buying FM. See some familiar faces though. Really have only talked with Forest and Crouchy since I left. I still have a lot more posts than some of you. Jeez. 

Goodbye till 2018. :brock:

So, with the FM18 beta just around the corner, what should we expect from you guys?

I've almost decided to go back to the roots with my save this year, starting unemployed in Iceland and waiting for the story to unfold. The original idea was to do the same in San Marino, but I'm way too excited for the game to wait for the full release and the editor files. :D

Archived