The Ask-SI-Anything Thread

• Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
On 22/04/2018 at 11:40, Patrick23213 said:

Anyone knows where I can find the list of my players who assisted from crosses/corners or scored from free kicks? All I can find is the overall team statistic.

So are you just trying to find individual assist figures, or figures related to specific types of assist? 

• Administrators
On 23/04/2018 at 12:47, Patrick23213 said:

Specific types of assist (and free kick goals) from specific player.

No this information is not available in-game I'm afraid. 

Why, at the beginning of every game, do I have to put up with clubs poaching staff who in real-life would never leave their current club? I'm thinking of coaches, scouts, analysts who have been at their current club for 5, 10, 15+ years suddenly just accepting a new contract elsewhere. And their current club don't even ut up a fight. It's ridiculous.

People will claim, 'oh it can happen in real life!'. I do not care. It could, but it doesn't with such irritating frequency. Why does it bother me if it doesn't affect my team you may ask? Because I cannot help but notice these sorts of moronic AI decisions that destroy the realism of save games for me.

It's exactly the same thing as legends of a club being dumped in the reserves and transfer listed. That isn't how things work IRL.

Please can some form of club-player/staff loyalty system be implemented to prevent this from happening.

On 16/04/2018 at 14:29, Lucas Weatherby said:

We'll see how things go re: Switch, we haven't made any announcements about that (it's only just come out). Further, the Switch version is its own title, without the micro-transactions of the Tablet or PC games. 

So yes, the vision is still the same, but as Switch is already different for technical reasons, its not necessarily a barrier to future ideas or features for FMT. 

I have read different things about the lack of an Editor for FMT. Personally, I would much prefer Touch however not being able to make some very basic database amendments pre-game completely puts me off.

So what is the actual answer, please? Why is there no pre-game editor for FM Touch?

How does being able to make data changes pre-game affect the 'spirit' of playing the actual game? Why are people who wish to play Touch on a desktop/laptop system rather than a tablet disadvantaged because others choose play the game differently?

I know, I know. This limitation wasn't a secret before I purchased the game. I knew I would be forced to play the full game if I wanted to use the pre-game editor. I would simply like to know an accurate reason why this limitation exists. Make an editor available, desktop/laptop only if necessary for performance, and anyone playing exclusively on a tablet would know the limitations when purchasing, but would always have the option of using the pre-game editor on a desktop/laptop. As opposed to now, where I have no option to use a pre-game editor.

Alternatively, why can't editor files for the full game be used in Touch? Aren't the same database files used in both games? The people are all the same. I don't claim to be an expert but wouldn't it merely be a case of Touch not using some of the data available to full?

Or what is preventing a pared down version of the pre-game editor in the same way Touch simply trims the fat out of the full game?

Well, going down the cynic route, they're not going to sell too many micro-transactions if you can just edit in those boosts for free.

I doubt it's fully that, but it'll contribute.  Otherwise, they probably just don't want to - maybe that's technical limitations, or just personal choice.  Seems they've softened on the hard-line stance recently though.

• Administrators
18 hours ago, KnightedManager said:

Why, at the beginning of every game, do I have to put up with clubs poaching staff who in real-life would never leave their current club? I'm thinking of coaches, scouts, analysts who have been at their current club for 5, 10, 15+ years suddenly just accepting a new contract elsewhere. And their current club don't even ut up a fight. It's ridiculous.

People will claim, 'oh it can happen in real life!'. I do not care. It could, but it doesn't with such irritating frequency. Why does it bother me if it doesn't affect my team you may ask? Because I cannot help but notice these sorts of moronic AI decisions that destroy the realism of save games for me.

It's exactly the same thing as legends of a club being dumped in the reserves and transfer listed. That isn't how things work IRL.

Please can some form of club-player/staff loyalty system be implemented to prevent this from happening.

There is already a hidden attribute for loyalty used in-game. If you have any examples of legends being dumped in game it'd be good if they're raised on the bugs forum. Realistically the way in which the game works, if a player falls off the 'list' for the first team squad by default they'd be moved into the reserves, in part due to keeping up their match fitness. In real life, when a player falls out of consideration sometimes they don't play for either squad (say Michael Carrick at Man Utd this season, Toure at Man City or Mertesacker at Arsenal).

Do you think a more realistic scenario would be the players remain in the first team squad and just no longer feature?   

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, sergiobamos said:

I have a player at Crewe for 12 seasons, another on 11 seasons. Why can’t I arrange a testimonial? It’s just greyed out.

Raise it in the bugs forum, ideally with a save game uploaded to our FTP and we can take a look.

Thanks. 

Neil as you appear to be active on the forums at the moment, perhaps you could answer a question that i and others have raised in the past but have not really had an offical answer, and that is the number of replica shirts in the crowd in FM18, was this a deliberate decision by SI or was it something that just slipped through.  Whilst not a game breaker it does look totally unrealistic.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

Neil as you appear to be active on the forums at the moment, perhaps you could answer a question that i and others have raised in the past but have not really had an offical answer, and that is the number of replica shirts in the crowd in FM18, was this a deliberate decision by SI or was it something that just slipped through.  Whilst not a game breaker it does look totally unrealistic.

Yeah it is something we have noticed and been made aware of. Ideally in the future we can try and make it a bit more varied and mix up home/away kits alongside some more neutral colours. Thanks. 

I know it's been discussed, but not sure if I've ever seen anything official.

But if FM does choose to incorporate women's football into the next/future installments, how do they play to integrate the teams?

Will they be separate teams as an entity and be affiliated with their pro clubs?

Or come under the club banner along with U23/U18 teams? Would you be able to hire/fire staff if they're under your banner? 

And what about the integration/movement of female staff into the men's game, where the % of female staff members is very low (as per real life), would FM hard-code the AI so that all the top women's staff don't flood the men's teams until later in the game where hopefully IRL it's more commonplace?

• Administrators

Would all be questions needed to be asked if we were to do it. As with any potential feature there's always many different ways it can be envisaged and implemented.

As with all potential features, we don't discuss design ideas and the like prior to a feature being announced for a forthcoming game. Sorry! 

2 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Yeah it is something we have noticed and been made aware of. Ideally in the future we can try and make it a bit more varied and mix up home/away kits alongside some more neutral colours. Thanks. 

Thank you for the answer Neil

On 25/04/2018 at 11:32, Neil Brock said:

There is already a hidden attribute for loyalty used in-game. If you have any examples of legends being dumped in game it'd be good if they're raised on the bugs forum. Realistically the way in which the game works, if a player falls off the 'list' for the first team squad by default they'd be moved into the reserves, in part due to keeping up their match fitness. In real life, when a player falls out of consideration sometimes they don't play for either squad (say Michael Carrick at Man Utd this season, Toure at Man City or Mertesacker at Arsenal).

Do you think a more realistic scenario would be the players remain in the first team squad and just no longer feature?   

I am aware of the hidden attributes for players and staff. I was talking about a loyalty stat for clubs to staff and players. e. g. Duccio Ferrari Bravo has been at Juventus since 2008. Others in their backroom staff have been their for similar or longer timeframes. Yet in-game Bayern offer a contract to Ferrari Bravo and he immediately accepts. No counter offer from Juve to keep their man, nothing.

Then again there is no loyalty shown by the staff member either. If the hidden stat for loyalty is so important, why aren't people who have been at clubs for almost a decade automatically 20, or 127, or whatever the highest hidden value is. I have an example from yet another aborted long term save recently where Robbie Fowler would leave Liverpool to take a manager's role in the lower leagues. I understand some coaches want to be managers but Fowler wouldn't leave Liverpool for some League Two/National League job. There is no way. Or Jens Lehmann leaving his job at Arsenal to manage in the Bundesliga 3.

The other issue is that if for some reason the staff member doesn't immediately jump ship, Bayern move on to the next highly rated Juventus coach. Or go poach from Dortmund, or Tottenham, or Schalke. Does this sort of staff poaching go on all the time in real life but we've just never heard of it?

Re. legendary players - Yes. Exactly yes the likes of Carrick or Mertesacker not playing but remaining with the first team squad would be realistic. That is literally precisely what happens in real life. They still train with the first team, travel with the squad, are in the dressing room during matches. Again, there is no 'club loyalty' shown to these sorts of player. Look at Rangers IRL near the end of Caixinha's time - he banished Kenny Miller and the fans reacted badly. In FM legends get dropped to the reserves and transfer listed and nobody cares.

In FM Touch when does a player uses the youth facilities and when do they use the trainig facility. Has it to do with the squad they are in First vs Reserve , with their age, or with their contract?

5 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

In FM Touch when does a player uses the youth facilities and when do they use the trainig facility. Has it to do with the squad they are in First vs Reserve , with their age, or with their contract?

All of your players, regardless of age or the squad they are in use your Training Facilities.  Your Youth Facilities are used as part of the process on deciding the quality of Newgen players when they appear on Youth Intake Day.

Would be great if that were made clearer in game.

9 minutes ago, herne79 said:

All of your players, regardless of age or the squad they are in use your Training Facilities.  Your Youth Facilities are used as part of the process on deciding the quality of Newgen players when they appear on Youth Intake Day.

Would be great if that were made clearer in game.

Ok, I always thought it was:

Recruitment = Regen PA
Junior Coaching = Regen CA
Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement

and then I wondered when they were considedered "youth player". But as you say, youth facilities only have impact on the generation of the newgens and not on their evolution/progress. (in FMT?)

• Administrators

Better 'Recruitment' increases the quality of potential for players brought into the club's academy.

Better 'Junior Coaching' increases the ability of players in the academy.

Better 'Youth Facilities' increase both the ability and potential of players in the academy.

To clarify the 'academy' is where your newgens are prior to moving into the 'Youth Candidates' then 'U18' squad. You're right it's not particularly clear in game and is something we'll take into consideration. 

On 03/05/2018 at 21:40, Neil Brock said:

Better 'Recruitment' increases the quality of potential for players brought into the club's academy.

Better 'Youth Facilities' increase both the ability and potential of players in the academy.

To clarify the 'academy' is where your newgens are prior to moving into the 'Youth Candidates' then 'U18' squad. You're right it's not particularly clear in game and is something we'll take into consideration. 

So Neil,  if you can boost CA and PA by improving Youth Facilities, is there any point in requesting improvements to just Junior Coaching or Recruitment?

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

So Neil,  if you can boost CA and PA by improving Youth Facilities, is there any point in requesting improvements to just Junior Coaching or Recruitment?

It's definitely worth increasing the Recruitment option as from my experience that seems to have the most affect on increasing the potential of the players you get through. It's also generally easier to ask for an increase in Recruitment/Junior Coaching when you are a smaller side as they don't have the large upfront cost that improving your facilities does, though they do have other checks that may prevent you increasing them.

I'd also expect these improvements to work together - so asking for improved junior coaching would give your next class a CA boost, improving your facilities would get another CA boost and a PA boost, and then you ask for a recruitment boost that gives another PA boost, so you get +2CA/PA from getting them all instead of just +1CA/PA from the facilities improvement only.

If you can afford it you should be asking for them all to be improved :)

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:40, Neil Brock said:

10 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

12 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's definitely worth increasing the Recruitment option as from my experience that seems to have the most affect on increasing the potential of the players you get through. It's also generally easier to ask for an increase in Recruitment/Junior Coaching when you are a smaller side as they don't have the large upfront cost that improving your facilities does, though they do have other checks that may prevent you increasing them.

I'd also expect these improvements to work together - so asking for improved junior coaching would give your next class a CA boost, improving your facilities would get another CA boost and a PA boost, and then you ask for a recruitment boost that gives another PA boost, so you get +2CA/PA from getting them all instead of just +1CA/PA from the facilities improvement only.

If you can afford it you should be asking for them all to be improved :)

As per @Seb Wassell:  Youth Recruitment, Youth Facilities and Junior Coaching all impact Newgen quality.  Newgen quality covers both CA and PA.

• Administrators
On 06/05/2018 at 14:32, Barbosa04 said:

Will fm go on sale in near future? It went with 75% discount at the start of june last year. Something similar would be sweet to look forward to.

I'm afraid we're unable to pre-announce any sales. Best bet is to keep an eye on our social channels on Facebook and Twitter for any information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Administrators
36 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

If you put the DoF in charge of all transfers (in/out) en contract renewals, does the slider wage budget vs transfer budget matter? or has it no impact on the deals he can & will do?

Pretty sure the DoF has the ability to alter this much like the AI does at other clubs (or when the board comes to you to change it when you can't complete a deal etc). 

1 minute ago, BamBamBam said:

Can you please add Career Appearances/Goals?assists to the players career stats screen.

Been wanting this for years!

That would be something for the feature requests section.  :thup:

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, BamBamBam said:

Can you please add Career Appearances/Goals?assists to the players career stats screen.

Been wanting this for years!

Has been raised in the feature section a few times and responded to. Essentially we've only done league appearances by default due to the fact given the number of leagues and players we cover in game via our research, it's extremely difficult for us to have all competition appearances available to us at the start of the game. At least with league appearances generally there's generally a way of gathering this info. 

So to stop it becoming disjointed once the user starts populating their own game world with matches, we only show league appearances. If you click on each year from when the game has started you can see the other competitions so the data is recorded. Really the feature request for this (and the main one which has been logged) is a way to allow the user to display all appearances in game in a way which doesn't make the previous data appear incorrect and is user friendly. Which is easier said than done, as a checkbox or something along those lines still leaves the 'previous' data missing the relevant info.   

Is adding extra leagues something that maybe coming in future iterations? 

I don't think we have had new league added by default for a few years and it would be nice to add some new stuff to freshen up the game beyond the usual UI changes and gameplay additions that have been added in recent years.

I can understand that a common request is going even lower in the English Leagues and there has to be a limit to what you can do, and there are forum members who produce amazing work in adding this.  But maybe going lower in other nations would be a good option, or adding to the woefully under represented African leagues 

23 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

Is adding extra leagues something that maybe coming in future iterations? 

I don't think we have had new league added by default for a few years and it would be nice to add some new stuff to freshen up the game beyond the usual UI changes and gameplay additions that have been added in recent years.

I can understand that a common request is going even lower in the English Leagues and there has to be a limit to what you can do, and there are forum members who produce amazing work in adding this.  But maybe going lower in other nations would be a good option, or adding to the woefully under represented African leagues 

Afaik there's a poll rolling on what league(s) people would be most interested in seeing added so my guess is they're already looking into it. :)

I saw this new thing:

I bid on a player but he wasn't interested in talking due to an international competition that he wanted to focus on.

Are there plans in the future to allow us to simply delay the contact talks until the end of the competition but keep the bid accepted?

Then we wouldn't have to keep an eye out for the competition end date and essentially re-bid for the player.

Also, I wonder are there plans to enable a staff member to advise on what the market price might be for our current players? Say, if I want to get rid of someone, maybe my DoF can tell me that most clubs will be content to bid 15million due to the players high wage demands? That might help navigate selling players, as at the moment I have players who might be valued at 30-40 million but I have to seriously undercut that price, and I understand it is down to the silly wages they're on (not that I gave them that wage... :P)

It would also be useful in stopping the board/fans thinking we under-sold for example. It would be better than relying on the in-game media for prices?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, isignedupfornorealreason said:

I saw this new thing:

I bid on a player but he wasn't interested in talking due to an international competition that he wanted to focus on.

Are there plans in the future to allow us to simply delay the contact talks until the end of the competition but keep the bid accepted?

Then we wouldn't have to keep an eye out for the competition end date and essentially re-bid for the player.

Also, I wonder are there plans to enable a staff member to advise on what the market price might be for our current players? Say, if I want to get rid of someone, maybe my DoF can tell me that most clubs will be content to bid 15million due to the players high wage demands? That might help navigate selling players, as at the moment I have players who might be valued at 30-40 million but I have to seriously undercut that price, and I understand it is down to the silly wages they're on (not that I gave them that wage... :P)

It would also be useful in stopping the board/fans thinking we under-sold for example. It would be better than relying on the in-game media for prices?

Stuff like this, if you want to see the functionality in game best place to raise it would be as a feature request via our feature request forums here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/680-football-manager-feature-requests/

That way it can be reviewed and potentially logged into our features database for a future version. 

Thanks. 

Can we have an improved AI and ME for FM20? So far I’ve watched a lot of games along in my save to see how the AI v AI scores goals and the variety is lacking. Barcelona and Man City, who are arguably two of the best sides in Europe rely very often on corners and crosses from deep that go to the far post to score. Needless to say how the other sides are scoring. I mean if Barcelona and Man City are unable to create quality chances consistently then what chances do lesser teams have to do it?

1 hour ago, Armistice said:

Can we have an improved AI and ME for FM20?

That improves every iteration, so I'd expect the answer to be yes.

In the mean time if you want to try to improve how your team is scoring goals, head over to the tactics forum, post your detailed setup along with examples of all of these similar goals your team is scoring and someone may be able to give you some fresh ideas.

Archived