Manchester United Thread 2015/16

Harryseaess

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So fecking good to finally win a trophy, although it's not one of the two we want most. Been too long since we won the FA Cup. Great to see Lingard score the winner too -- and what a winner it was! I still maintain he is better than people give him credit for. Same with Rooney; he was good today.

Sir Alex looked giddy in the stands :)

Can hate LVG's football all you want, he's the manager and has won the FA cup today and doesn't deserve to go out like this. Pretty classless once again.

Go out like what? You don't know the details, he could have had an agreement in place with the board that the FA Cup would be his last game as every media outlet seemed to be hinting at it whilst no one at Utd has released a statement so it's far from classless without knowing any details.

Can hate LVG's football all you want, he's the manager and has won the FA cup today and doesn't deserve to go out like this. Pretty classless once again.

He deserved to be sacked before the final. He got much more than what he deserved today.

just finished watching the game here...........covered by ESPN and they didn't extend programme for extra time...can you believe that:mad:

so know the score great to win it:D

but more important it looks like he is gone.............not even angry with missing extra time if that is true:brock:

The Mourinho rumour is supposed to have come from Mourinho's agent (hardly someone you'd expect to be a classy guy) rather than the club.

Presumably the club had intended to give him a couple of days to celebrate before an announcement supposed to take place on Monday, and perhaps they also intended tooffer him the opportunity to announce retirement on his own terms, as they should have done

I don't disagree with those who want LVG out, although I rate him higher than most, but Mourinho is a manager that's just past the expiration date, I think. I'd rather not have him for United. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.

Also, Man Utd played their hearts out today. No matter how tentative they are in attack, they've been able to stay positive this season despite results going against them. It's a good character squad; I just hope Memphis calms down.

Southampton thread Reckon Mane could be leaving. Wouldn't be surprised if he was our RW next season. Wouldn't have a problem with that either.

Ibra and Mane would be a good start and an experienced CB would complete the summer for me.

I'm happy with CM and Darmian and Valencia at RB is good enough, especially with a fit Shaw down the left. The balance would be good.

Carrick and Schweinsteiger, as good as they are, don't look like they can last for a good run of games. That only leaves Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin and possibly Rooney in the centre of midfield. Not really good enough if you ask me.

In my opinion we will be looking for a new manager within three seasons of Jose Mourinho appointment.

Bang goes youth setup at United, the Glaziers will be getting their cheque book again.

In my belief the United board have been very short sighted and not looking at the bigger picture.

Plus I can't believe how unprofessional the board been over Louis van Gaal, they could have waited at least couple of days after the cup final.

Jose Mourinho should pay a commission fee to the press boys and girls who have been touting him for the job all season.

Yes I'm very p****d off fan.

In my opinion we will be looking for a new manager within three seasons of Jose Mourinho appointment.

Bang goes youth setup at United, the Glaziers will be getting their cheque book again.

In my belief the United board have been very short sighted and not looking at the bigger picture.

Plus I can't believe how unprofessional the board been over Louis van Gaal, they could have waited at least couple of days after the cup final.

Jose Mourinho should pay a commission fee to the press boys and girls who have been touting him for the job all season.

Three years is pretty much the norm in football now.

Anyone who denies we need to spend is imo deluded. If Mourinho can develop Rashford, TFM, CBJ, Martial then that's enough youth for me, we need quality now as well. Add Shaw To that and we are well set up for youth.

Bigger picture? What bigger picture? LVG has sent the club backwards in league position and performance.

The board have said nothing about LVG! The BBC has run with this story...

Speak for yourself. I for one are very pleased to see Mourinho come in, even if short term, whatever that means these days, as he is a winner.

As to the rumors about Mourinho. I hardly think Man Utd leaked anything & can't see why Mourinho would either. Perhaps LVG thought he would send off a leaving present to all and leaked it.

LVG knew right? His immediate post match interview was a bit strange, his first reaction was to tell the reporter he's happy that he's now won a trophy in every country and was hurried off by a PR guy.

Just sounded like he wanted to tell people's he's not been a failure.

LVG knew right? His immediate post match interview was a bit strange, his first reaction was to tell the reporter he's happy that he's now won a trophy in every country and was hurried off by a PR guy.

If you listen to his interviews pre match I reckon he already knew. He was talking about the cup being a title and winning the title in every country beforehand. Also mentioned about winning the cup for himself, which I found an odd thing to say.

Tbf he was hurried off because it was time to go get the trophy :D

Bang goes youth setup at United

These are my two main concerns too - in addition to the circus United will become now whenever things don't go 100% right for Mourinho.

Hopefully Rashford has cemented his place well enough by now that even Mourinho will give him a chance. More worried about guys like Fosu-Mensah, Pereira (not that LVG gave him many chances either) and Borthwick-Jackson, and even more for the upcoming guys. Plus Wilson out on loan.

If Mourinho does his usual play and buys oldish players that can perform from day 1, these youngsters will be at the back of the queue. The guys Mourinho buy may be over the hill when he leaves with the squad in disarray, and the club could find itself in a worse position when he leaves than when he came. Hence the worry about short-sightedness.

Not pleased :thdn:

These are my two main concerns too - in addition to the circus United will become now whenever things don't go 100% right for Mourinho.

Hopefully Rashford has cemented his place well enough by now that even Mourinho will give him a chance. More worried about guys like Fosu-Mensah, Pereira (not that LVG gave him many chances either) and Borthwick-Jackson, and even more for the upcoming guys. Plus Wilson out on loan.

If Mourinho does his usual play and buys oldish players that can perform from day 1, these youngsters will be at the back of the queue. The guys Mourinho buy may be over the hill when he leaves with the squad in disarray, and the club could find itself in a worse position when he leaves than when he came. Hence the worry about short-sightedness.

Not pleased :thdn:

A Pocchettino might have been better for the youngsters (though frankly I wouldn't blame him for turning down any approaches United may have made for them), but it's impossible to imagine Mourinho being any worse for the development of Pereira and Januzaj than LvG, who also seemed to have given up on Wilson and (perhaps with more justification) McNair. Can't see CBJ falling any further back in the pecking order than he already is and a year of regular football on loan might actually help his development, and Rashford and Lingard are established first teamers and the sort of hardworking players Mourinho likes. Suspect Fosu-Mensah's physicality and versatility will make sure he's given opportunities too.

I can't imagine Will Keane being overjoyed at the appointment, but most people have been crying out for United to sign a proper front-line striker to keep him out of future match day squads anyway.

Carrick and Schweinsteiger, as good as they are, don't look like they can last for a good run of games. That only leaves Fellaini, Herrera, Schneiderlin and possibly Rooney in the centre of midfield. Not really good enough if you ask me.

Agree that a midfield signing is likely and a good idea, but if United sign a centre back (higher priority imo) then you can probably add Blind to that mix: holding midfield is almost certainly his best position, and you can guarantee Mourinho will want one of his midfield to play that role. Fosu Mensah is in the midfield mix too.

How many youngsters do people think we can develop at once? The class of 92 were freaks. One or two every few years would be amazing. Yet people seem to want all of them to come through. Will Keane is not going to make it and Wilson seems to have gone backwards - he didn't pull up trees even in the championship. Januzaj is terrible and will not make it either - attitude is holding him back. Don't know about Pereira, whether he has the potential or not. McNair seemed out of his depth at times but he can go on loan and see if he can develop. But who was the last academy central defender who really was world class, which we need?

I think I'm reasonably happy with the appointment. Sure Mourinho has some issues but he should be able to allow the club to attract some more decent signings like a RW/RM and a CB at least plus I am sure he will get a lot more out of the players we've got than LvG ever did who was seemed notorious for either alienating players, making them leave, hamstringing their creativity or playing them out of position. That alone I think will see us becoming a title wining team again and will at least be some progress. It remains to be seen whether his negatives will be worse than LvG's but I would be surprised if they are. And it gives us time to sound out an even better manager in the future from a better position. Maybe an ex or current Southampton manager for example.

Archived