FMT Wishlist Thread

On 9/20/2016 at 07:06, Dagenham_Dave said:

Just the one request from me. 

On the PC version, to revert to the old name of 'FM Classic' and leave 'FM Touch' to mean the tablet version. Petty I know, but I steadfastly refuse to call it FM Touch, and anyway, the two versions are quite different. 

I second this too, this is highly confusing when people asking question on the forum. Not sure if they are asking for the pc version or the tablet version.

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please make scouting to work as in full version when fog is enabled (slow scouting and just attributes ranges given at first).

One of the things that make the game more challenging specially in lower leagues, is that it takes a lot of time to totally reveal players ratings, preferred moves etc. It's as good in the fat version, that you don't even need the old LLM rules about signing non scouted players, as it's just a gamble without scouting them for months. 

One the the things still have me not fully convinced about FMT is the fact that I can scout and know everything about a player after a single scouting action, that makes it too easy for LLM teams to scout players compared with the full version.

Also hate to need to play for some time a dumb holidays game just to have the fog dlc available without purchase. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see a drastic change to the build-up of matches, post match. This area in FMT16 is really dry and could do with re-vamping. I have attached some screenshots of how it is at the moment on FMT, to further illustrate how it doesn't change much if at all from match to match.

I would like to see that the pre-match build-up change from match to match so that it brings a different feel to each match. I would also like to see a difference in the post-match, for example in the attached photos for one match the heading was "Coyle leaves Leeds fans after fine display" and for another match it said exactly the same thing.

It seems that team meeting or private conversations with a player seem not to do much, so I would like this changed.

Lastly, another thing I would like to see implemented is maybe have pundits analysis of matches, and also have them predict future results and who they believe to be stepping up for promotion or who they believe will go down and for the pundits outlook to change every so often. Although, this is not the full fat game and of course some or maybe most would like it to remain the same due to the simplicity of it, I feel this change would not impede much like things team-talk, press conference (for the record, I wouldn't want this).

Screenshot_20161007-161106.png

Screenshot_20161007-161229.png

Screenshot_20161007-162824.png

Screenshot_20161007-163728.png

Screenshot_20161007-163751.png

Screenshot_20161007-170320.png

Edited by Prim47

One very small thing that annoys me a bit is when you customize your own view (in team selection page for example), then every time you go off the page and back it resets back to default.

No big deal but it does annoy me!

What I'd like to see is that the graphical issues that were present in FM16 touch are fixed in FM17 touch. No, I don't mean the 3D stuff with the match engine, but the menu and overall UI bugs that made FM16 touch feel like a totally unfinished product...

19 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

@oleg8979

That issue, is not related with FMT. 

The Match Engine is the same for every FM version (full fat, FMT for PC and IOS/Android).

You are right, but I am playing only FMT for tablet and don't know how it works on PC, last PC version I played was FM 11 and I don't remember if this issue was there,

so for me - this is FMT bug/issue/"wish", that's why I posted it here.

May be this topic is wrong place to complain, so sorry for that

I just explained my "wish" for better match engine :)

Yeah, no problem,

I understand that for someone that only plays FMT, that sort of issue is a FMT issue. :)

I just clarify that, because for a long time i was under the impression that the ME from FMT was different from the one in the full fat version, untill one mod correct me.

• 2 weeks later...

1) Attributes colours changer /Skin colours(as it's called in the full FM).

As you can see in the screen shot, it's still pretty hard to differentiate which are the excellent, good, average or poor attributes.

2) Days to gain nationality.

This is a useful info for countries(eg Spain or South Korea) which has non-eu/foreign players limit. While FMT doesn't have squad registration but this info will allow you to sign another non-eu/foreign player if you know 1 of your non-eu/foreign player could gain an eu passport or a 2nd nationality.

3) Opposition instructions on and off option.

This is probably 1 of the most wanted feature since OI was introduced to FMT last year. Why can't we have an option to off it at the start? Everytime I play a match, I have to click to the OI and click clear. Give us an option at the start to choose if we want to delegate it to our AM. If we choose no, then by default there should be no OI applied.

4) Disable first transfer window.

I'm sure there are some FMT players would like to play without signing players in the 1st transfer window.

5) Team average possession stat

Ok, this is 1 of the most important team stat that is missing in the league team stats. There is no way of us finding out what's our average possession with the exception of us using a pen and paper to write down every game possession then dividing it ourselves. I believe stats are already recorded in the game, it's just a matter of getting it to show.

Gianluigi Donnarumma_ Overview Profile.png

1 hour ago, vasilli07 said:

As you can see in the screen shot, it's still pretty hard to differentiate which are the excellent, good, average or poor attributes.

This is a useful info for countries(eg Spain or South Korea) which has non-eu/foreign players limit. While FMT doesn't have squad registration but this info will allow you to sign another non-eu/foreign player if you know 1 of your non-eu/foreign player could gain an eu passport or a 2nd nationality.

This is probably 1 of the most wanted feature since OI was introduced to FMT last year. Why can't we have an option to off it at the start? Everytime I play a match, I have to click to the OI and click clear. Give us an option at the start to choose if we want to delegate it to our AM. If we choose no, then by default there should be no OI applied.

I'm sure there are some FMT players would like to play without signing players in the 1st transfer window.

5) Team average possession stat

Ok, this is 1 of the most important team stat that is missing in the league team stats. There is no way of us finding out what's our average possession with the exception of us using a pen and paper to write down every game possession then dividing it ourselves. I believe stats are already recorded in the game, it's just a matter of getting it to show.

Gianluigi Donnarumma_ Overview Profile.png

I second the requests , especially 1&4.

For the skin. Once the full game is out and we have base skins , you can go into the edit file and change the colors of the attributes. 

8 hours ago, vasilli07 said:

Absolute agreement with these three suggestions.

Round out the promises feature a bit, currently I have a player unhappy because I broke a promise I made to him (I thought I had taken them all off so either a bug or a mistake on my part)

Theres nowhere in the game to see what this promise was or what players are expecting in regards to promises.

Please can we have notes system from full FM in FMT. I end up having to use excel to replicate what I can do in game in full fat. 

Also I want the search mechanism of full FM where I can specify I want to replace certain player / or position to help filter the search list

Well,

Now that FMT17 is out, it's time to renew our vows (wishes):

1) Editor (It could be a separate application, with a fair price)

2) Full match option in the highlight mode (you could make this option only available in 2D classic view)

3) Full control in tutoring players

4) Change the nation limit to a division limit. 

At this moment you can play with with 12 divisions from 3 nations, if you choose for example England, Spain and Italy. You could limit the amount of divisions, let's say 8, but those 8 divisions could be from 8 different nations.

1) Being able to disable first window transfer budgets please.

2) I know we have our own pre-match info screen but I really like the Data Analyst overview from the full game. It could be from the Chief Scout but the same style would be nice.

3) Control of tutoring.

4) By default no opposition instructions or (and I wouldn't really prefer that solution) make that screen mandatory to see in the flow so we can click it off when progressing to the game. At the moment I have to keep reminding myself to click on tactics and opposition to click off the opposition instructions. It should just be off by default as it can really impact how your tactic plays out.

5) Squad registration - that one is not a biggie but makes it more realistic. I don't know how much additional processing it would take for that to be implemented though.

6) Seeing the preferred moves when you click on the "i" next to the player as in the full FM version. It is just so helpful to see it together with the attributes instead of clicking on another tab.

7) Remind me when the reserves play, so I can choose a player to get match sharpness.

In the pitch view during the match, is there a way we can customise widgets so not all the columns are shown? For instance, in the team ratings widget, it has a bunch of unnecessary columns which don't interest me such as squad number, who the captain is etc. I would love to be able to hide these columns to save valuable screen real estate.

I raised this in FM16 and was told it would be looked into in FM17. Many thanks!

On 11/11/2016 at 08:33, tyro said:

1) Being able to disable first window transfer budgets please.

2) I know we have our own pre-match info screen but I really like the Data Analyst overview from the full game. It could be from the Chief Scout but the same style would be nice.

3) Control of tutoring.

4) By default no opposition instructions or (and I wouldn't really prefer that solution) make that screen mandatory to see in the flow so we can click it off when progressing to the game. At the moment I have to keep reminding myself to click on tactics and opposition to click off the opposition instructions. It should just be off by default as it can really impact how your tactic plays out.

5) Squad registration - that one is not a biggie but makes it more realistic. I don't know how much additional processing it would take for that to be implemented though.

6) Seeing the preferred moves when you click on the "i" next to the player as in the full FM version. It is just so helpful to see it together with the attributes instead of clicking on another tab.

7) Remind me when the reserves play, so I can choose a player to get match sharpness.

The items bolded would be my list too.

Please return ability to upload a manager's picture.  I like to see my face alongside all other manager photos, especially when I win something!!!  It's not the same with just a shadow to look at.  (I disabled generated faces)

Also please bring back the ability to see another Clubs managerial history under landmarks like we could in previous versions.

Oh and please allow different patterns on pitches.  Most Premier League Clubs have part artificial grass so 90% of matches are played on boring plain green pitches.

Edited by Sussex Hammer

Speaking as a player since the first ever version  of CM, I love fmt - life is too busy for the full fat version and the ever increasing media stuff did my head in as a lower league manager.

Speaking as a LLM my wishes:

1. The big golden unrealistic one = more leagues/nations on tablets. Any way round - increasing nation limit; making it a leagues limit rather than a nations limit; allowing us to change the selected leagues as our club rises to power in the football world...

2. More realistically - more ways to influence morale. Ability to initiate team talks; some level of individual player interaction without taking it too far etc

3. As per everyone else - control over tutoring 

4. As per everyone else - ability to save OI selections

5. One that is just for me - give us the transfer rumours screen on tablets and cross save...

On 11/8/2014 at 04:00, Schotsmannetje said:

Yeah I don't really know if this should be added or if this is an issue at all. But I do find that, although I love FMC, there is less connection with the players as a manager. I mean in FMC you basically only talk to players when they come to you for being unhappy and those conversations never end well (or so it seems). Yes I think that it's wonderful that you don't have to talk to your players in FMC, but I do feel that due to the absence of interaction there is also a lack of connection.

I don't know if it's just me, if it is even an issue, how you would solve it, etc. And I'm certainly not saying that they should add player interaction to FMC (please don't!!!). But a bit of feedback about how you deal with players should be nice maybe?

I definitely feel the the same way, there is more than being able to put out a lineup out every week but i feel a big part of being a manager is being able to better your man management skills, with lack of player interaction and/or team talks during or before games i feel lose the connection to be able to help or get the point through to players what you expect from them. Also I feel giving players a moral booster is part of man management.

It would be nice to see some sort of player interaction feature that can be used more than what is available.

On 2016-10-28 at 07:33, vasilli07 said:

This, so much this. If SI prefer it the current way, leave it as a default. Just please give us the option to turn it off. Would be great if it could apply to "instant result" matches too; makes it rather pointless to have a deep sit back-defense when OI's are set to close down most attacking players anyway. 

Looking around a bit, what I managed to find was an option when you click the "Actions" button from your Assistant Manager's profile where you can select or unselect "Handles Opposition Instructions". Now maybe I'm missing something about what that's supposed to be doing (Or if there's another option somewhere), but it doesn't seem to be working. Regardless of whether the option is checked or not, OI are still set at the start of the match. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, zakbrown96 said:

The ability too add one coach to your backroom staff.

The requirements for coaches isn't needed in FMT, its all handled by the game

• Administrators
On 05/12/2016 at 15:53, vasilli07 said:

How do you turn it off?

Assistant Manager's actions menu.

19 minutes ago, Lucas Weatherby said:

Assistant Manager's actions menu.

But what does it do? When I have it checked before going into a match and go into Tactics - Opposition in the pregame it looks like this. If I have it unchecked it looks like this . So the wording is different, but OIs are still set regardless. So what I'm wondering is what the setting actually does? In an "instant result" game, will they or won't they be applied? 

2 hours ago, Lathund said:

But what does it do? When I have it checked before going into a match and go into Tactics - Opposition in the pregame it looks like this. If I have it unchecked it looks like this . So the wording is different, but OIs are still set regardless. So what I'm wondering is what the setting actually does? In an "instant result" game, will they or won't they be applied? 

I also just tried it and like you mentioned it doesn't fix anything, then I guess we can say that it's a bug.

Update: Already started a thread in the bugs forum.

Edited by vasilli07

On 10/7/2016 at 17:25, Prim47 said:

I would love to see a drastic change to the build-up of matches, post match. This area in FMT16 is really dry and could do with re-vamping. I have attached some screenshots of how it is at the moment on FMT, to further illustrate how it doesn't change much if at all from match to match.

I would like to see that the pre-match build-up change from match to match so that it brings a different feel to each match. I would also like to see a difference in the post-match, for example in the attached photos for one match the heading was "Coyle leaves Leeds fans after fine display" and for another match it said exactly the same thing.

It seems that team meeting or private conversations with a player seem not to do much, so I would like this changed.

Lastly, another thing I would like to see implemented is maybe have pundits analysis of matches, and also have them predict future results and who they believe to be stepping up for promotion or who they believe will go down and for the pundits outlook to change every so often. Although, this is not the full fat game and of course some or maybe most would like it to remain the same due to the simplicity of it, I feel this change would not impede much like things team-talk, press conference (for the record, I wouldn't want this).

Screenshot_20161007-161106.png

Screenshot_20161007-161229.png

Screenshot_20161007-162824.png

Screenshot_20161007-163728.png

Screenshot_20161007-163751.png

Screenshot_20161007-170320.png

I second this. It doesn't take long before I completely skim through the emails because the writing is repetitive. It's a pity the news feed and stories aren't more dynamic with what is actually going on with your club.

On 11/24/2016 at 23:33, Mikeonhisboat said:

Speaking as a player since the first ever version  of CM, I love fmt - life is too busy for the full fat version and the ever increasing media stuff did my head in as a lower league manager.

Speaking as a LLM my wishes:

1. The big golden unrealistic one = more leagues/nations on tablets. Any way round - increasing nation limit; making it a leagues limit rather than a nations limit; allowing us to change the selected leagues as our club rises to power in the football world...

2. More realistically - more ways to influence morale. Ability to initiate team talks; some level of individual player interaction without taking it too far etc

3. As per everyone else - control over tutoring 

4. As per everyone else - ability to save OI selections

5. One that is just for me - give us the transfer rumours screen on tablets and cross save...

I agree with points 1 and 2.

Playable nations: What would be really good is the option to re-select playable leagues at the end of the season or increase the number of nations from 3 to 5. 

Influencing morale: I like that we can discipline players but I do feel the option to praise players ought to be available as well. Over praise and under praise could be a really dynamic feature of dealing with players who have a variety of personality types.

• 3 weeks later...

A few of the things I'd like have been mentioned several times already but just to re-iterate the main ones for me.

1) More flexibility with regards to league selection. Now I'm well aware why a "limit" has been imposed on tablets, but I'd like to be able to mix and match the leagues I want. for example, being able to choose to run the top leagues in 6 nations as opposed to running 3 nations with more than one league. Ultimately I guess I'd rather have a league "limit" as opposed to a nation "limit".

To give you an idea when I play on steam (on a low powered laptop) I remove the restrictions and choose to run the top leagues in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain (so 5 leagues in total). Surely a tablet can handle that as with the current restrictions in place I'm able to run more leagues if you take into account selecting England, Spain and Italy as the nations on a tablet for example.

2) Tactical familiarity. This for me would just add a little bit more to the gameplay in terms of realism, and I don't think it would have much of an adverse effect on the gameplay, and it would make it a bit more realistic.

3) More player interaction and team talks. Now ironically the reason I prefer touch is because I find the full version consists of too much "interaction". But I find the interaction on touch very repetitive. "Well I don't think that solves anything" is pretty much the depth of interaction lol. Surely it's possible to find a happy medium between the over the top interaction on the full game and the barebones interaction in touch.

P.S I'd like to be able to disable Opposition Instructions too as it annoys me having to clear them before each game. For reference I have gone into my assistant manager profile, selected actions and ticked/unticked opposition instructions but it makes no difference at all. They're set regardless and need to be cleared.

Edited by OCD

Hi everyone,

i don't know if it was mentionned before but I'd love to have more players historical performances stats (through their seasons: goals and passes).

At least for the players of our team: one of my favorite thing in fm is to look at a player who's in my team for a long time and look at his performances through the year.

in fmtouch you don't have that and I really don't understand why. It's frustrating. And I repeat if it's a feature of fm only, could we at least have it for the players of our team?

• 2 weeks later...

Better newsfeed on general events.

In FMT2016 you only get news on Team of the Weak, Team og the Year, Player of the month, young player of the month, and similar events if your own players are involved. These news are interesting no matter what and should always be included in the newsfeed in my opinion.

In multiplayer games - FMT2016: Competition gameplay on player signings isn't very good as it's usually an advantage to bid last.

Human team 1 bids for a player. The offer is accepted by the selling club, and a contract is negotiated with the player.

Human team 2 now bids for the same player. The offer is accepted by the selling club, and now the player increases his demands, and if human team 2 is willing to meet these demands, the player will choose to sign with human team 2.

This situation is quite frustrating gameplay-wise. It would give better and more fair gameplay, if players after receiving a better contract offer from human team 2, would go back to human team 1 (if this is the team the player actually prefers to join) and demand higher wages etc. as he has now been given a better offer. -Otherwise it's always a huge advantage to bid last when buying players where competition from other human clubs is expected.