Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's like saying don't bother getting your car serviced until it breaks down.....madness!

Off the Shelf PC

If you’re running an off-the-shelf PC or laptop and haven’t reloaded Windows manually, chances are good that most of your drivers are already using the manufacturer’s approved drivers. This includes things like chipset, motherboard, sound card, and the like. There’s also a really good chance that you have some onboard generic video card. Your best bet is to upgrade your video card drivers by heading to the manufacturer’s site, though you could just use the Upgrade driver feature built into Windows and explained below.

Again, if everything is working just fine on your PC, you should probably leave your drivers alone.

This is just to back up what I've been told and is a link off the suggested driver help link site that was posted on a previous message.

Again, if everything is working just fine on your PC, you should probably leave your drivers alone.

The worse thing you can do is not to update your graphic card driver, there is a reason that both Nvidia and AMD are continually working on their drivers and release new drivers around 3 or 4 times a year.

I'll play which ever game comes out first: Civ Beyond Earth or FM15.

Beyond Earth is out in less than 24h so SI better hurry up to keep me interested

I'm in the same boat. The worry is that both come out the same day...

Look at the active player's graph. It looks suspiciously like a fair number of SI people are logging in now. More so than we've seen recently in terms of people coming back on at 9/9.30 PM. Is it possible there's final preparations underway for a midnight release?

Look at the active player's graph. It looks suspiciously like a fair number of SI people are logging in now. More so than we've seen recently in terms of people coming back on at 9/9.30 PM. Is it possible there's final preparations underway for a midnight release?

Nah. They've said no chance today. I know midnight is technically not "today", but still. They've told us to stand down. We shouldn't expect anything until tomorrow proper. I'm betting midnight Thursday night.

Nah. They've said no chance today. I know midnight is technically not "today", but still. They've told us to stand down. We shouldn't expect anything until tomorrow proper. I'm betting midnight Thursday night.

The beta isn't usually midnight as, like they say, it's released when it's ready. They don't set a day so there's no reason to bring it out at midnight for the sake of it.

It's likely to come during the day when everyone least expects it.

The beta isn't usually midnight as, like they say, it's released when it's ready. They don't set a day so there's no reason to bring it out at midnight for the sake of it.

It's likely to come during the day when everyone least expects it.

Granted, I can remember FM14 coming out at about 4/5pm. But I'm pretty sure I remember the FM13 Beta coming out just after midnight that year?

The sooner they release the game, the sooner I can get on with my life! I tried to just wait it out this year, but I'm back to refreshing every five minutes.

My dream is winning the lottery, rent an office at a football club with view of the pitch, then come in at 9 in the morning every day to play FM.

The sooner they release the game, the sooner I can get on with my life! I tried to just wait it out this year, but I'm back to refreshing every five minutes.

My dream is winning the lottery, rent an office at a football club with view of the pitch, then come in at 9 in the morning every day to play FM.

Is their a cabinet full of single malt?....maybe one with Port?.........and red wine?..........

Archived