Anyone else frantically checking to see if the beta's up?

Miles has just replied to someone on twitter saying its not ready. Bluffing? Bet the whole team are loving how desperate we're getting haha

Miles will be sitting there now with a glass of good vintage Dom Perignon in one hand; his other hand on his trigger - ready to unload his BETA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have maximum respect for the SI team. I have endless hours of fun on this game. But I do think they could give the fans a little bit more info before releases. I know there is no firm date, but why cant Miles just say "Not ready until at least Friday" ... ?

I have maximum respect for the SI team. I have endless hours of fun on this game. But I do think they could give the fans a little bit more info before releases. I know there is no firm date, but why cant Miles just say "Not ready until at least Friday" ... ?

Because he doesn't know.

• Administrators

The beta will come when it's ready and no sooner I'm afraid. We never pre-announce release dates on the forums (as doing can raise expectations for people, when there are always possibilities of delays).

The beta will come when it's ready and no sooner I'm afraid. We never pre-announce release dates on the forums (as doing can raise expectations for people, when there are always possibilities of delays).

Well can you for sure say it won't be tonight so we can all go about our business?

I feel all dirty....like waiting for a pub to open at eleven in the morning, or asking for that final lap-dance when theres only one song left to play. Or worse still, rewinding & replaying the Sharon Stone leg-crossover scene constantly.....Steam is my Sharon Stone & the BETA version is the leg-crossover

• Administrators
Well can you for sure say it won't be tonight so we can all go about our business?

Sadly not, as Miles tweeted a while back:

It'll be approx 2 weeks before release. No announcement upfront. No firm date.

Oh you utter, utter *******. On the positive side, I've now found out that triple clicking a game in steam prompts it to check for updates. :(

Hahaha! Im sorry, saw everyone so excited i thought id throw this in the pipeline too! Fearless 1885 is my account name though if anyone wants to add it feel free :D

It's weird that you guys can't even say that it WON'T be tonight, so we can all move on and wait til tomorrow? It's like you want us all here asking every five minutes, get annoyed that we're asking so much, but yet don't tell us it isn't today so we can stop asking...it makes no sense really.

I really doubt the beta comes out the minute it's ready, with all guns blazing and Sigames, Steam and everyone else gets it done within the hour. Fair enough, you don't know when it will be released, but surely you know if it won't be today. I don't see the upside of having all of us here checking every five minutes. 99% of us here already bought the game.

There does seem to be something in the water.....Forum Stickies being put up....Codes being released....Neil refusing to deny it could happen tonight etc etc.....

Couldn't agree more. SI....consider this your kennel, feed the dogs....throw us that juicy bone

Open to interpretation :D

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Davey Boy viewpost-right.png

Sadly not, as Miles tweeted a while back:

Isn't that "Sadly not" answer to "Can you for sure say?", which is the question at the first place.

Archived