Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have managed quite a few games now and a couple of things stand out.

Firstly a negative, there still seems to be a very high number of "he certainly did not mean it" goals and "he almost got lucky with that" moments.

Granted it goes both ways but they do seem to be very much on the high side.

Now a massive plus.

This is a strange one as I reported this at the games release but as far as I am aware SI could not reproduce it?

Using close cam at least 2 or 3 times in the highlights my close cam would zoom all the way out and I could not control it, I would have to wait until maybe that highlight or the following highlight had finished before I could set the cam to zoom fully in.

I had just about gave up on this but this is no longer a problem in my game!

I am well chuffed with this as it was very annoying, nothing has changed on my end so either SI sorted it intentionally or they did something that had a knock on effect, either way thanks for that. :)

It depends on a large number of factors, we'd need to see the save game in all honesty. I'd suggest raising it in the bugs forum, thanks.

Thanks for the answer.. But I don't think it has anything to do with the save game, cause I did a lot of tests with different leagues, db, etc.. Tomorrow I'll do a couple more tests to see if the problem persist.

Cheers

It is a lot better mate, I am very happy with it.

It is a lot clearer now, I am not pushing my nose against the screen trying to make out the players names anymore.

I would for sure give it a go, the SI guys have done us proud. :)

Yeah it is actually quite a bit better!

Still a bit blurry from time to time but not near as bad. Can manage for sure.

Now a massive plus.

This is a strange one as I reported this at the games release but as far as I am aware SI could not reproduce it?

Using close cam at least 2 or 3 times in the highlights my close cam would zoom all the way out and I could not control it, I would have to wait until maybe that highlight or the following highlight had finished before I could set the cam to zoom fully in.

I had just about gave up on this but this is no longer a problem in my game!

Yeah, think yourself lucky you like it that way around. The problem with it resetting to full zoom even though I've set it to how far out I like it is still there, and is utterly annoying. :(

• Administrators
Thanks for the answer.. But I don't think it has anything to do with the save game, cause I did a lot of tests with different leagues, db, etc.. Tomorrow I'll do a couple more tests to see if the problem persist.

Cheers

May have been an issue before which was fixed - the players shouldn't have been so easy to sign.

Blur? Have you got guys porblem with that? You just throw SWEET FX into FM main folder and you can edit whatever you want: sharpness, contrast, color. When I played Assassins Blac Flag and Rome 2 Total War I have been using Sweet Fx to adjust 3D graphic to my preferences and I was wondering it would be awesome to have such tweak in FM as I was not happy with default graphic. There was not such files dedicated to FM so I decided to try using those made for Assains and Rome. And it's worked!!!! Now I have 3D match sharp and contrasted as I would watch it on plasma TV!!

Played a few hours on this patch now:

• First touch is miles better

• Keepers are no longer idiots

• Keepers can now distribute the ball from the back, properly

• Keepers no longer get done at the near post so often

• Silly corner goals have been reduced

• My team are now able to keep clean sheets

• Goals counted as own goal (when they really were not) have been reduced

• Full backs are now much more useful

• Started seeing quality goals from distance now too

Overall, it just seems polished, looks better, plays better, feels more real, more variety with the games M.E.

Only concerns I have are that I've now not seen a single corner goal since the update and the silly, low transfer bids still exist.

This is how the game should have been released. :thup:

I have played 4 games so far, and I must say I am extremely impressed. The game has a flow to it now, and so far I have not noticed much I am unhappy with. Indeed, they attacking play seems to be very much improved, and although I have not played a team who have caused me a great deal of threat, the defending seems good too (although I never had a problem with it anyway).

For me, the best thing so far is that corners are fixed. As in they do not go out of play all the time, and there is not some kind of bias to the far post which are heading across the area. At least that I have noticed. There also seem to be less corners, due to fewer crosses going out of defenders.

As I said, attacking play seems so fluid now. Players will hold the ball for a split second to allow a player to run into a better position before releasing them. Players are far more intelligent when around the penalty area - particularly wingers. The play in that area is seriously improved. And the goals I am scoring are varied and generally come from decent build up play. Same goes for those I have conceded.

Finally, the first goal I scored on this patch was fantastic. My AMC got the ball on the edge of the area and scuffed a shot past the 'keeper. The ball is obviously going to roll in, no defender will get near it.... so my STC runs, full tilt, up to it and smashes it in when it is just on the goal line. Proper, quality poaching that. It made my day to imagine the drama that would cause IRL.

I guess this is why good things come to those who wait =}.

Only concerns I have are that I've now not seen a single corner goal since the update

I went a few games like that and was wondering whether the corner fixes had overcompensated, then I had a 3-3 draw where both my team and the opposition each got one and then thumped Notts County 7-2 away (I'm Southend, 2nd season L1) and scored a cracking corner goal as part of that win, so they are there, just not as common - which is as it should be.

(The games I mentioned were high scoring, but they are not symptomatic of the ME generating lots of high scoring games as far as I've seen so far, just that they were the ones where I remember some corner goals as opposed to open play goals.)

Hello, got back to the game after ages today. Played 5 games on key highlights mode. Saw 3 OGs from crosses near the GK's line (2 for my team, one for opposition) in addition to lots of crosses that were almost goals. Was really hoping to get going this time, but lost my patience again!

What team are you playing as? In Scotland only one player has ever joined an SPL team from Brazil directly so it is very rare IRL.

That doesn't mean that it would be like that if a Scottish team were succesfull in Europe over a periode of time

Playing as Celtic

1th season, got into the group stage of the CL, finished 3rd in the group, lost in the following EL game

2nd season, made it to the Qtr finals of the CL

3rd season, won the CL

4th season, made it to the Qtr finals of the CL

5th season, made it to the Qtr finals, which I'm yet to play

Searching for Brazilian based players interested in joining me

Two players with dual Italian nationality, a South African player, a 29 year old Brazilian, a 32 year old Brazilian and a 35 year old Brazilian - and then some free transfers

I've a few Brazilian coaches and scouts, so it is not like they will be the only ones in the club missing the beaches of Rio

Searching for Argentine based players interested in joining me

1 youth player with dual Spanish nationalty and 5 free transfers

---

I've a worldwide reputation with 4½ stars

I'm incredibly disappointed that a bug I reported has not been resolved. It is stopping myself from releasing a project that has had a lot of success over the years. It's funny how we had fewer problems getting the file out when SI did not support anything to do with the Advanced Rules, even discussion of it, and now that the Advanced Rules are supported and incorporated into the editor we have numerous bugs that are affecting work on big projects for FM. I also am not exaggerating when I say that on these forums the EEE project I am trying to release for FM14 is the most eagerly anticipated project and thread on the Editors Hideaway, based on the number of views the thread has had since it was started. I hope the turnaround to this reply is not that the bug was deemed low priority - people have said that they purchase this game solely due to this release.

• Administrators
I'm incredibly disappointed that a bug I reported has not been resolved. It is stopping myself from releasing a project that has had a lot of success over the years. It's funny how we had fewer problems getting the file out when SI did not support anything to do with the Advanced Rules, even discussion of it, and now that the Advanced Rules are supported and incorporated into the editor we have numerous bugs that are affecting work on big projects for FM. I also am not exaggerating when I say that on these forums the EEE project I am trying to release for FM14 is the most eagerly anticipated project and thread on the Editors Hideaway, based on the number of views the thread has had since it was started. I hope the turnaround to this reply is not that the bug was deemed low priority - people have said that they purchase this game solely due to this release.

What's the issue?

• Administrators
That doesn't mean that it would be like that if a Scottish team were succesfull in Europe over a periode of time

Playing as Celtic

1th season, got into the group stage of the CL, finished 3rd in the group, lost in the following EL game

3rd season, won the CL

Two players with dual Italian nationality, a South African player, a 29 year old Brazilian, a 32 year old Brazilian and a 35 year old Brazilian - and then some free transfers

I've a few Brazilian coaches and scouts, so it is not like they will be the only ones in the club missing the beaches of Rio

---

Have you tried actually approaching any players and offering them contracts?

I went a few games like that and was wondering whether the corner fixes had overcompensated, then I had a 3-3 draw where both my team and the opposition each got one and then thumped Notts County 7-2 away (I'm Southend, 2nd season L1) and scored a cracking corner goal as part of that win, so they are there, just not as common - which is as it should be.

(The games I mentioned were high scoring, but they are not symptomatic of the ME generating lots of high scoring games as far as I've seen so far, just that they were the ones where I remember some corner goals as opposed to open play goals.)

Did you have your corners set to near post?

Playing as Celtic

3rd season, won the CL

---

In my 6th season with Celtic and found the same thing. Bought Brazilians already based in Europe but found it impossible to sign players from South American leagues.

Have you tried actually approaching any players and offering them contracts?

Yes some players are interested when approached, but far from what you would expect - and the game should reflect a fair share of interested players - you don't have a fair chance of knowing which players that are interested and which players that aren't, when it isn't shown

when a Brazilian scout are scouting Brazil, you would expect that he would know if a player are interested or not - it is kind of his job and he know the country and the langues so he can speak to the player and his agent, and yes my scouts have high rating in both judging CA and PA and also determination, so that shouldn't be a problem

RE: Scotland and South American players.

In the editor, it is set that there will be no transfer activity between Scotland and Brazil (national transfer preferences), and no transfer activity between Scotland and South America (continental transfer preferences). So if you have started a game, I would hazard there is nothing you can do about this. For future reference, you should change this yourself before starting a game. Changing to a value of -2 will change the setting from 'none' to 'limited'. Values between 1-20 range from low to extremely high.

This is certainly not the answer you want, sorry it is not of use for your current game. But I hope this clears things up, and helps you in future =}.

Well will call it a night there.

Have managed half a season with Cosenza and I am very happy at how the game is now, I have not played for over 2 months but this update is really nice.

So many annoying things have been removed.

None of them alone (well except the player font) were game breaking for me but all together they had made the game in my eyes just too frustrating to play.

After this half season I wish I could play all night, ah the good old days, with a wife and a kid and another kid going to show itself any day now, well that's just is not possible. :)

Everything just seems better, no more hitting the woodwork 4 or 5 times a game, keepers actually seem to work as they should, I am not sure if it is just me but the player models also seem sharper?

Build up play is so much better with players actually picking better passes and shooting at better times.

As I said earlier the player font is so much better and I am so happy that SI took this feedback on board.

I would also like to thank Tony and Ben as I know they are very busy with the game but they also took so much time to answer peoples posts in this forum and also they were very active in the bugs forums.

It was great to see when I posted a problem that both these guys not only acknowledged it but made you aware they were going to sort it out!

With guys like this it made you want to report the problems and helped you keep faith in SI.

Well done guys. :)

Let's hope they change their mind and release another update. Last year the winter update was planned as the last one, but after about one month they released another patch.

Playing as Celtic

3rd season, won the CL

---

All that doesn't matter, you need to improve every team in Scotland to your level to raise things, being a single successful team in a small time league is worthless.

The current code don't accept fluke clubs from little leagues, maybe it should, problem is, it's completely unrealistic that fluke clubs can become so successful.

• Administrators
Let's hope they change their mind and release another update. Last year the winter update was planned as the last one, but after about one month they released another patch.

What issues specifically are causing you problems?

Just a small one, i am currently playing a game in the CL semis and have noticed that there is an EPL game between chelsea v spurs at the same time....i thought this was against the rules that no other game from the big leagues can take place the same day as a CL game?

@ Neil Brock anything happened about highland and lowland leagues in scotland?

Those leagues are never in the game, it is the same with leagues in England lower than the Skrill North and South.

If you want those league you either have to add them yourself or find a mod or Steam workshop that does add them.

Here is such a link from the Steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192389493&searchtext=Scottish

I have no idea how good it is but maybe something that will interest you?

Those leagues are never in the game, it is the same with leagues in England lower than the Skrill North and South.

If you want those league you either have to add them yourself or find a mod or Steam workshop that does add them.

Here is such a link from the Steam workshop.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=192389493&searchtext=Scottish

I have no idea how good it is but maybe something that will interest you?

Thanks for the link but unfortunately tried it before and had problems. Seems nobody is able to get it running without issues.

On a different note i have just completed 5 games since the update and i am very happy :)

The attacks are more entertaining to watch, the keepers seem more intelligent and as another posters has said, the build up play is smarter.

So far...10/10, i know what i`m doing today while the wife is at work haha.

Thanks for the link but unfortunately tried it before and had problems. Seems nobody is able to get it running without issues.

Yeah the only way you will get the lower leagues is through a mod or from the Steam workshop, you could ask in the editors forum though.

I have 1 that is around 7.0 and another that is around 6.9.

I am playing lower league and that seems just right for how they are playing, the 7.0 guy has scored 2 goals so that has boasted his score, compared to the other guys in the team it seems bang on to be honest.

What's the issue?

I'm quoting part of the reply I made in the Pre-Game Editor bug forum:

I'm uploading the file I am using for you to take a look at, and a save game that utilises the file. Save game is EEE Save 1 Test and edited file is FMU FM2014 EEE v8.0 Test 14.dbc, both in game-xml.

The files have verified, no errors and nothing in the comp error log file in the Editor.

But when loaded in the game, certain teams have been swapped around:

Abingdon United, who should be in the Hellenic Premier (inactive) are in the Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League D1N and the Isthmian League D1S.

Rushall Olympic, who should be in the Northern Premier League, are in the Southern League Premier.

AFC Hayes, who should be in the Southern League D1C, are in the Southern League D1SW.

Redbridge, who should be in the Isthmian League D1N, are in the Southern League D1C.

Faversham Town, who should be in the Isthmian League D1S, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League D1C but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

Poole Town, who should be in the Southern League Premier, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League Premier but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

Merthyr Town, who should be in the Southern League D1SW, are noted in the club profile as in the Southern League D1SW but are actually not featured in the league nor have any league fixtures.

This swap around results in the competitions being balanced in number, which is why the editor's verification system is not spotting the fault.

To me this seems like quite a bug, and I hope that someone at SI can work to resolve the issue.

Archived