Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.2.2 - Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm reluctant to start a new thread for this but I've mentioned it already and it's probably been bypassed.

For me, the game takes a great deal of time to load.

Loading a game from the home screen takes seconds, but getting to the home screen takes at least 2 minutes, which, for me at least, is about 1:40 seconds longer than any of the previous games in the series has ever taken - is this normal now?

Is this something my end that I can change?

Anyone else experienced this?

Was just about to post in the bugs forum about a possible tactics familiarity bug, then noticed that an update had been released - is this, by chance, why tactic familiarity in all three of my tactics, currently top of Championship in early December on a five game running streak, have suddenly dipped in marking and passing style have pretty much halved whilst closing down is now at its lowest possible point? Struggled to draws in last three games, passes going all over the place... thought things looked strange so checked out my usually reliable tactics and only then noticed this dip...

This is always a problem when you carry on a save after an update is released. I learned long ago never to start a long term save until the final patch has been released.

I'm reluctant to start a new thread for this but I've mentioned it already and it's probably been bypassed.

For me, the game takes a great deal of time to load.

Loading a game from the home screen takes seconds, but getting to the home screen takes at least 2 minutes, which, for me at least, is about 1:40 seconds longer than any of the previous games in the series has ever taken - is this normal now?

Is this something my end that I can change?

Anyone else experienced this?

Did you only do this once? There may be additional data to load for the first time etc.

After the first time it should be as fast as before.

Did you only do this once? There may be additional data to load for the first time etc.

After the first time it should be as fast as before.

Nope, it's every single time.

I'm certain that it wasn't like this on day one but since the updates, I get to the 'loading' screen and it takes forever to move on...

At least I'm learning the word 'loading' in different languages!

Sorry, but no.

He's not even in the same stratosphere.

I'd say he's as close to them as anyone else has got recently. He has the same number of goals and assists as Ronaldo this season, despite playing 4 games less and in a worse team. And the sorts of goals he's scored, along with his all round play, has been majestic.

But I aren't asking that he's made as good as them on FM anyway. I get that doing it over the course of 2 or 3 months certainly doesn't warrant that. But I don't think anyone can argue that he is better than FM makes him to be. He shouldn't be one of those players who has to play a specific role, in a specific system, with numerous player instructions to get the best out of him. In my first Liverpool save he got 8 goals all season, playing as a complete striker, in a regular 4231. I know people will now try to pick holes in what tactic I used to cause this to happen, but what I am saying is that regardless of that, he is a good enough player that he should be doing better than that even in a bad season.

Customised tactical view on matchday keeps resetting every match, during the pre-match screens. I can't import the settings as they're invalid, but if i pick them from the dropdown directly, and they are the same, it works perfectly.

Also the cameras, from behind the goal, are not focusing on the action in front of the goal. It seems like it's focused on the center of the pitch. If there's a chance very close to the goal i can't see anything of what's happening.

Just an empty midfield.

I'd say he's as close to them as anyone else has got recently. He has the same number of goals and assists as Ronaldo this season, despite playing 4 games less and in a worse team. And the sorts of goals he's scored, along with his all round play, has been majestic.

But I aren't asking that he's made as good as them on FM anyway. I get that doing it over the course of 2 or 3 months certainly doesn't warrant that. But I don't think anyone can argue that he is better than FM makes him to be. He shouldn't be one of those players who has to play a specific role, in a specific system, with numerous player instructions to get the best out of him. In my first Liverpool save he got 8 goals all season, playing as a complete striker, in a regular 4231. I know people will now try to pick holes in what tactic I used to cause this to happen, but what I am saying is that regardless of that, he is a good enough player that he should be doing better than that even in a bad season.

Well, the Liverpool Data thread is in the Data Issues forum. Here's a link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363524-ENGLAND-(Official)-Liverpool-Data-Issues

You'll need to back up your arguments with actual evidence though (as it states in the first post). What the researchers always recommend is playing a season to see how he actually performs on the pitch instead of just looking at his attributes. If you still have issues and can back it up, I'm sure they'll listen. :thup:

Anyone else notice the game has become a little sluggish? The game seems to feel like it has a certain latency to it. Also was hoping that Player Tutoring would be fixed. It's just a little silly and over complicated now. Half the team doesn't want to tutor anybody and also if you go through Private Chat you have one set of players you can tutor and then if you go through player menu you get another set. :confused::confused::confused:

Wrecked my tactics.

Gone from a mid table side to losing eight games on the trot. This patch has barely changed the ME. I still get the same old ********.

Same for me my tactic does not work anymore. Many goals in the 5 or 10 minutes (twice 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-1) my best defender 4 stars rating 4,00. Many stupid fouls yellowed in a row. The ratings are from 8.2 down to 4.0 playing a 442 classic unrisky. Completely off balance...No more joy playing...

What do you want them to do?

What I want??? I want realism! Shakhtar/Dinamo/Galata/Fener/Zenit and other eastern Europe top clubs buy every year quality players, in my game from june 2013 to february 2015 all of those clubs made maybe 4 transfers with 8 mln euro max.

Same for me my tactic does not work anymore. Many goals in the 5 or 10 minutes (twice 2-0, then 2-1, then 3-1) my best defender 4 stars rating 4,00. Many stupid fouls yellowed in a row. The ratings are from 8.2 down to 4.0 playing a 442 classic unrisky. Completely off balance...No more joy playing...

Do you need a tissue?

"Update is out 2 hours and i dont win anymore, so its no fun anymore". Horrible, horrible attitude.

What I want??? I want realism! Shakhtar/Dinamo/Galata/Fener/Zenit and other eastern Europe top clubs buy every year quality players, in my game from june 2013 to february 2015 all of those clubs made maybe 4 transfers with 8 mln euro max.

Did you report this as a bug so that it can get looked at?

Well, the Liverpool Data thread is in the Data Issues forum. Here's a link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/363524-ENGLAND-(Official)-Liverpool-Data-Issues

You'll need to back up your arguments with actual evidence though (as it states in the first post). What the researchers always recommend is playing a season to see how he actually performs on the pitch instead of just looking at his attributes. If you still have issues and can back it up, I'm sure they'll listen. :thup:

Cheers mate

Noticed a few things, feel free to say I'm wrong etc.

1) Players get more uppity - Least I think so, they're more demanding on contracts or accusatory about being forced to leave when I accept a bid for them. I'd call the "forced to leave" a bug, I got a good offer and accepted it, their choices whether they leave or not, I don't care. I'm not having some kid storm into my office and throw a hissy fit about it. He's like fifth choice Goalkeeper, if anything his whinging is only going to reassure me that I can put him up for sale this time...

2) Corners seem to be directed across the the line of the six yard box and the goalline. First game in, 6 corners, 2 goals, 1 woodwork and plenty of close calls. Will keep an eye on it but it looks like they're more lethal. Still the same two spots that get the chances/goals mind. Really, if that bug-topic is true (where he says the ball goes to A/B/C depending on attributes) then the thing needs re-coding to be completely random...

Yes, someone from SI told they will look at this issue.

Then to make your posts seem less random, you should either post the link when you ask if it has been fixed or ask in you thread in the Bugs Forum as they are the guys to ask anyway.

Like I posted in the bug thread, we fixed some issues with how the different tactical settings are tracked in the tactical training. Naturally this means that in old saves where the tactical settings were differentiated a bit differently, the familiarity can take an initial dip when you switch tactics around after the update.

This will not affect new games and in old saves the familiarity will be regained over time again.

Hail Riz! (Nothing to do with the update :brock:)

I'd love to, but for some reason that triggers the players' thinking their asking price is too high so then they get unhappy.

It would still be a problem even if I could reject them that easily though, I should be receiving realistic bids only.

Don't reject the offers. Just suggest an incredibly high fee so that the club withdraws the offer. Result: player stays happy, you don't need to sell him.

Very limited time with the update so far but I love that the height of the ball is now much better represented in the 2D classic view. Looks so much more realistic now.

First thing I noticed aswell. I think it was improved with the previous patch, but it is much more noticable now.

This is my first FM since FM2011 so I got a shock when I played my first match on this version. There was very little height at all at the start and it also took me a while to get used to the way the ball and the players slide about compared to FM2011, it seemed like the match was being played on glass. This update makes it looks much better.

Anyone else notice the game has become a little sluggish? The game seems to feel like it has a certain latency to it. Also was hoping that Player Tutoring would be fixed. It's just a little silly and over complicated now. Half the team doesn't want to tutor anybody and also if you go through Private Chat you have one set of players you can tutor and then if you go through player menu you get another set. :confused::confused::confused:

This! I notice it alot when talking to the players.. The game makes a little kind of pause before options come up. And I`m am not able to non-negotiable offers anymore. Under my tactics screen when picking players I usually have "goals" and "assists" on selection, but it dissapears after maybe a couple og continue clicks. Sry for my written english :) Not much to say about the ME yet while my tac isnt fluid yet, so dont think I can really judge before that.

Archived