In-Game Editor

Yeah I changed the club youth recruitment but the facilities tab doesn't change the description at all - was 2 I tried 3,4,5 and even 20. Still no change

Experimented further - seems like training, youth and corporate changes show up while junior coaching and youth recruitment do not get reflected

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it worth the price of a pint and a packet of pork scratchings ?? Only just. It's a very basic editor and tediously long-winded. Those who are into in-game editing will be sorely disappointed. I reckon SI should get hold of that Braca guy who is responsible for FMRTE to show them how it's done.

I'm really disappointed with it tbh. I used FMRTE a lot because, for me, it made the game a lot more enjoyable. But pretty much everything I used it for isn't available with this editor. No heal all players, no mass edit, no search, no ratings, no relationship edit, no kit editing, no presets, no freeze, no way of making the tactics all fluid, etc. Wish it would've been available to try in the beta or demo first, I would've saved £4. Hope FMRTE comes out soon.

I'm really disappointed with it tbh. I used FMRTE a lot because, for me, it made the game a lot more enjoyable. But pretty much everything I used it for isn't available with this editor. No heal all players, no mass edit, no search, no ratings, no relationship edit, no kit editing, no presets, no freeze, no way of making the tactics all fluid, etc. Wish it would've been available to try in the beta or demo first, I would've saved £4. Hope FMRTE comes out soon.

Amen to that. I was looking forward to mass heal all my players and possibly register all of them. But yeah...guess I'm gonna wait for FMRTE now.

Quick question. What happens if you give somebody bunch of 20's, but you don't change their PA/CA? Does it "stick" or it reverts back after few weeks....?

If you do that in the pre-game editor, the attributes scale down to fit the CA. I'd expect the same here.

Another point many overlook is age. If you try to give a 17-year-old 20 attributes all over the place it will scale those down too.

Can you change players' names with this? I always use the official editor to add the special non-english characters to the players'/clubs names, but there is always something I forget...

An SI person said above that you can. Not sure about extra characters though.

With FMRTE you could only change to a name that was already in the database. I hope this one is more flexible.

With the release of Football Manager 2014 just around the corner we thought we’d give you a bit more information about the brand new In Game Editor which will be available to download on release day for £3.99/€4.49/$5.49/RBL129/BRL10.49.
RBL 129 is Russian Rubles right? If so, the editor currently costs 1.29 RUR which is 0.025 British Pound Sterling. You might want to fix this!

I am assuming just like FMRC, this is the first iteration of the ingame editor and it will be updated and imporved in the future. Have total trust in the team that this will happen as they have always been open to feedback. Must admit although I have the game and everything I couldnt see the ingame editor this morning but will check again when I get home tonight.

Not all that impressed to be honest. Changing positions does not seem to work with any consistency and very limited functionality. Why oh why did si not work with braca or at least see if he was interested in helping them. This could of been an excellent addition to the game but it seems poorly executed.

For the people with issues finding/installing the editor;

I bought my FM14 via GreenManGaming. I'd been using the beta fine, but this morning couldn't find the Editor in the Steam Tools list and my FM14 was still 14.1.1 - this was because I was still (unknowingly) using the beta. Afetr logging into my account at GMG, it appears there were two steam keys lodged against my purchase of FM14. The second of which seems to be the full game. I simply 'deleted local content' of my FM14 beta install via Steam, then added the new key from GMG and voila - my game is now unlocked, up to date and the editor & resource archiver are installable via Tools.

Hope this helps a few people!

Player stats and Nation Informations

Is it possible to include in future version the option to edit player stats(such as goals,apperances,assist,MoM,cards etc..) an the option to edit Nation Information like Development state etc..

What about those suggestions? I know some of them are cosmetics but it's nice!

I know it's easy for you sooo Pleaaaase add those options!:D:o

I reckon SI should get hold of that Braca guy who is responsible for FMRTE to show them how it's done.

Yeh but he'd have to work for nothing for 50 years to compensate for the hours they spent trying to fix games his poorly coded app broke :)

• Administrators

Then you've not updated to 14.1.2 yet (if in doubt, check 'About Football Manager' from the FM Menu.

If you purchased the game via Steam, restart the client and it'll prompt the download to the full release version. If you purchased from a different retailer, check for a release version code which'll be different from your Beta access code.

• SI Staff
Don't know if it is just me but every time I try to move a player I don't want to another club I get a crash dump come up. Tried it three times even verified my game on steam to see if that would sort it but the same problem occurs sorry to be a pain.

Just tried out here and it is working fine, if you could log a bug in the bugs forum that would be great. Might be something specific with the player / team you are trying to move to

• SI Staff
Experimented further - seems like training, youth and corporate changes show up while junior coaching and youth recruitment do not get reflected

I think this might be a caching issue, it definitely seems to be updated the values. If you continue the game the changes should be reflected on the information screen

I downloaded this out of curiosity as i'd never used an in game editor before

looks a neat little addition- created a fantasy team for a bit of fun- but I wont use it in my main save.

my suggestion would be to add a tick box to disable it at the start of a game set up. Because as good as I think I am- and I out grew my rage-quitting phase of '09 and am now pretty much a down-the-line player.

I don't really want the temptation staring at me at every single screen. the amount of times I've just wanted to tweak my transfer budget by a couple of million to make me get that last transfer- gonna take all my restraint!

I think this might be a caching issue, it definitely seems to be updated the values. If you continue the game the changes should be reflected on the information screen
Hi EdL, what about changing CAs of players without editing the attributes? Would the attributes auto-allocate to reflect the CA changes?

• SI Staff
Hi EdL, what about changing CAs of players without editing the attributes? Would the attributes auto-allocate to reflect the CA changes?

Yes, not straightaway - it will happen eventually as the game progresses

Archived