In-Game Editor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds very good.

I'm sure it will spoil the game for many people though, just got to use it in a second save ONLY. I can see people just going all out on players like they used to back when FIFA allowed you to edit player attributes.

Hopefully SI will consider adding the option to search the player database for CA and PA in the near future. While it is true there are programs that did this in the previous versions, surely you cannot expect them to keep doing this? It can take a while for it to get updated depending on changes that are made when there is a new version out, and even then paying or "contributing" is the fastest way to use these programs.

Could it be possible to make available a trial version for x says to tryout all the features?

Perhaps time limited free versions should be given out to people in certain situations, those who make successful bug reports for example. I know it irks me slightly that I have needed to edit on previous games due to bugs, and now I would have to pay.

This is good! Thanks for the information. I'm a little disappointed that it won't include an option to search for players based on CA/PA or other criteria. But judging by one of the answers from Miles they won't actively hunt down people using one of the unofficial ones. The pricing is very fair though. I'll probably use both this and one of the unofficial ones for scouting. Unfortunately I don't have time for the same amount of time scouting I had five years ago so for me it's important to be able to cut away players that are both too bad to ever make it and also players that are too good to ever want to go to my club.

Will it be possible to edit player names?

Will it be possible to edit nations in any way? Youth reputation especially.

Will it be possible to edit player/staff city of birth? Or their country of birth?

Will it be possible to edit affiliations?

• SI Staff
Might sound silly but where is the in-game store??

In the full release (not available in the beta) via "Downloads" on main screen when you start up the game or via the FM menu -> Downloads in the game

I hope you'll consider adding a heal team, max morale for entire team, remove match bans for entire team, just like FMRTE has, and also a search based on current abilities and potential abilities, as those are extremely important for me.

If not, I hope Braca will release FMRTE again this year. Would prefer to buy your editor though, so PLEASE add those features :)

I think that SI don't want to add possible save-breaking features, that's why there is "recommended CA" for example so everything works smooth. This editor looks perfect to those who want to edit stuff without any risk and not feeling like waiting for FMScout one.

The main reason I used FMRTE was to change the kits, of which SI usually makes a dog's dinner in terms of luminous green shorts with a grass green shirt, etc. If they don't have that, I'm not bothering and will hope BraCa does his usual release.

It was always going to be limited tho, there are so many things you can do with FMRTE that can destroy a game that SI were never going to take the risk of letting you edit too much, otherwise their forums would be filled with unhappy people unsure what they have done wrong, the would need an entire dev team just to go through the problems.

Man, this IGE appears to be really limited compared to what you can do with FMRTE.

It was always going to be for many reasons, not least because it is a first incarnation.

That said, I was expecting something more complex given the reported great cost of developing it.

I think that SI don't want to add possible save-breaking features, that's why there is "recommended CA" for example so everything works smooth. This editor looks perfect to those who want to edit stuff without any risk and not feeling like waiting for FMScout one.

People often misuse the editor, for example making loads of attributes 20 but keeping the CA/PA at something like 50. Maybe if you increase attributes, the editor recommends a correct ball-park CA/PA adjustment.

With the pre-game editor it is now possible to change rules without having to create a whole new competition.

First off, I'd like to say that I think the pricing is pitched just right. May I ask for some clarification: re. your comment EdL, in the screengrabs we see menus for editing players and teams; does your comment mean there is a menu for editing competitions? Can you give more details?

Secondly, will there be ongoing updates for the IGE, adding more features?

Thirdly, will we have to download updates every time the full game is updated, or will it work automatically that both update together?

Thanks.

• Administrators
May I ask for some clarification: re. your comment EdL, in the screengrabs we see menus for editing players and teams; does your comment mean there is a menu for editing competitions? Can you give more details?

He said the pre-game editor allows for this, not the in-game editor.

The main reason I used FMRTE was to change the kits, of which SI usually makes a dog's dinner in terms of luminous green shorts with a grass green shirt, etc. If they don't have that, I'm not bothering and will hope BraCa does his usual release.

you can pre-plan a lot of your campaign such as kits in the pre-game editor though.

I hope you'll consider adding a heal team, max morale for entire team, remove match bans for entire team, just like FMRTE has, and also a search based on current abilities and potential abilities, as those are extremely important for me.

If not, I hope Braca will release FMRTE again this year. Would prefer to buy your editor though, so PLEASE add those features :)

Me too, hope these features make it into the IGE. By the way the IGE looks good, I like the way it's integrated into the game.:thup:

• SI Staff
First off, I'd like to say that I think the pricing is pitched just right. May I ask for some clarification: re. your comment EdL, in the screengrabs we see menus for editing players and teams; does your comment mean there is a menu for editing competitions? Can you give more details?

Secondly, will there be ongoing updates for the IGE, adding more features?

Thirdly, will we have to download updates every time the full game is updated, or will it work automatically that both update together?

Thanks.

Phil answered your first point.

Second: Undecided yet.

Third: Will update together.

The big feature I'd like to see in later versions is the ability to alter kits. In real life teams announce new change kits every season yet in FM you're still using the current ones ten years on.

I think that would be a very popular addition. I don't think there'd be any licensing problems; it's probably just more complicated to code. Maybe next year, eh.

Archived