*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is almost no tackling from my team during the highlights, and you know the other team are just going to run right through and score.

My keeper always get beaten at his near post from improbable angles.

Too many og's scored from passbacks travelling 2mph.

Constant injuries.

When a tackle is put in its always a yellow card.

I'm struggling to make the most of Bale in my new Tottenham save.. hmm

They played him high as an Inside Forward and told him to cut him repeatedly against me. It worked a treat as in he ripped me to shreds. My Right Back is on anti-depressants for life and I'm not far behind him in the Chemist queue.

Maybe "all year around" isnt enough then, seeing that this game, could have been held back for atleast a month to make the launch a bit smoother

i dont think thats the case. i liked the fact they brought it out sooner so us fans can really test the game and in a months time have a really great game. if they delayed it we would be having the same arguments in a months time.

i dont think thats the case. i liked the fact they brought it out sooner so us fans can really test the game and in a months time have a really great game. if they delayed it we would be having the same arguments in a months time.

It never gets truly tested until the fans get their hands on it purely because of the infinite number of possible game scenarios, until SI can afford to hire a miilion Beta testers this is the best and most effective way for us to end up with the game we want.

Maybe "all year around" isnt enough then, seeing that this game, could have been held back for atleast a month to make the launch a bit smoother

SI can not do that,They are under pressure from SEGA to release the game before the Christmas sales begin.

They can not delay it for a month as then it would be a December release at the earliest and SEGA knows people start their Christmas shopping early.

You can think what you want, but the fact is that the game isnt finished. What they should have done, was to extend the beta for another month, then they could have had all the bugs, issues and errors fixed before the release.

We're not here to test the game, when we spend our hard earned money buying this game, they should have tested the game more thouroughly before release.

Tactic gurus, is there any way I can get my players to track runners. Or is this yet another ME failing to go with pressing? Sick and tired of conceding goals due to a simple through ball as A) my midfielders will not press the attacking players and B) because even the most basic run will catch out my CB's as they NEVER track their runners.

I started watching more of my games after getting fed up of small teams always playing really well against me so I viewed the match in 'extended' instead of 'Key'.I can now see why I'm so inconsistent and its not my fault!

My fullback was counter attacking in the 88th min and suddenly stopped with nobody around and waited to be tackled.

Southampton played a through ball past my defence, my centre-back didn't turn and run back but instead ran backwards at about 10mph towards it. The Southampton striker jogged past him, collected the ball and scored with a one on one.

If a low cross is put into the box the centre backs are very static even with high tackling or pressing and man marking. They stand and watch a striker approach and tap it in.

Midfielders who are told to a) rarely take shots b) try through balls and c) keep passing it short often ignore this and attempt 4 hopeless long shots per half.

I'd love to know which tactics button I press to stop my defenders moonwalking.

To be honest I'm really enjoying the game, my main gripe though is the whole match loading screen, when you want to see other scores or when your own match is loading, seems to be taking a lot longer than previously. And while I realise that there's no simple solution, cause of the way the game is set up, I still hope there might be some fix down the road.

Ok, after a few weeks of playing the game now, I'm still not used to the players new 'information' screen layout.

I've gotten used to most other things now (GUI changes/matchday screen etc) but not this.

I find it really hard to take in the information, in the past I could just take a glance on the players infromation screen, and take it all in straight away.

Now when I'm click on that screen, I have to really concentrate and look for what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have my own players transfer listed, sometimes they may not want to leave.. so I'll have a look on their information screen etc.

I suppose the new location of the information I am looking for, is not in the best place (to say the lest) out of all those huge bubble information things, the important text information I am looking for, is hidden away right in the bottom left hand corner, in really small text, underneath the bolder text, making it that little bit harder to spot!

X5yQU.jpg

Oh how I really-really-really miss this layout:

CqiyR.jpg

Everything is so much easier to take in, even with a quick glance. All well organised (doesn't look mis-matched) and the information is in a better position to stand out (higher up the screen/more central)

Taking in information from this screen on FM12 & previours FM's, effortless. Taking in information from this screen on FM13, pain in the arse. :D

On FM13, I feel like I'm trying to read a report screen/card, everytime I click on a players information screen.

I'm not asking for you to remove the new design (if people prefer this etc) at least give us on option to switch it back to the old style layout, for users like me, who simply can not get used to the new layout/design of the players information screen.

Thanks.

just seen robinson go to the back post from an indirect free kick crossed in, almost like he decided to mark their player, leaves the goal completely open and someone in the centre just heads it straight in, almost too easy for them. if it's not a nice 25 yard screamer or a rebound it's gonna be something else magical. aaaaaaaaaaaaaand rage.

paul robinson now has done this again and just cost me my latest game and lost me my 1st position. teams had some bad results against far worse opposition who had less advantage over me, can't perform out of nowhere. i've held that 1st position for the past 15 games or even more and now in the 44th game i've just lost it by the 1 point. game can **** off right now. if anyone could defend maybe i'd have held some of these games.

never felt so angry at this game before, by far the best team in the league and yet i still can't get the rightful results. can't wait to be royally ****ed over in the prem.

whinge, whinge, whinge. i know, but this is atrocious. actually nah don't worry, smashed two tough teams randomly and won the league by a point. it's a miracle. i've won something against this ME!

To be honest I'm really enjoying the game, my main gripe though is the whole match loading screen, when you want to see other scores or when your own match is loading, seems to be taking a lot longer than previously. And while I realise that there's no simple solution, cause of the way the game is set up, I still hope there might be some fix down the road.

I f you want to see the scores from other teams games you can go to their fixture list and click on the tick at the far left of the fixture you want to find out the score of, then untick the one next to their next fixture and the players, score, goalscorers and any cards received by players should appear at the right of the screen.

I'm not asking for you to remove the new design (if people prefer this etc) at least give us on option to switch it back to the old style layout, for users like me, who simply can not get used to the new layout/design of the players information screen.

The game's barely been out a week. Give the layout a chance. You've been used to the other one for ages. Of course anything new is going to take time to adjust to.

The game's barely been out a week. Give the layout a chance. You've been used to the other one for ages. Of course anything new is going to take time to adjust to.

I've gotten used to most of the other stuff now.. but not this, and I can honestly say that I don't think I will get properly used to it.

I don't do much more.

Step One: Choose a default and change a few roles to make sure some players are moving between the lines in relation to their abilities (i.e. if you have a FB with good crossing and dribbling, give him a WB/Attack role). Ideally, you want one FB on an Attack duty, one midfield line player on Attack and one on Defend, and one FC on Support. Maybe do one or two manual tweaks to counter specific weaknesses in a player or take advantage of specific strengths (e.g. Use TM / Run onto Ball to take advantage of a quick poacher).

Step Two: Check my team against others in the division for strengths and weaknesses and make team adjustments around that knowledge. For example, my team has the best workrate and stamina in the division, so I adjusted the pressing slider to take advantage

Step Three: Design a starting shout around those strengths and weaknesses. I have a fast defence, technical midfield but very small team. I thus need to take advantage of my technical and pace advantages, but counter the height weaknesses. I 'push up' and 'play narrower' to compress space in defence, making it more difficult to get decent crosses in, and 'retain possession' and 'pass into space' to take advantage of my technical players and stop my own team making too many crosses to my midgets in the box.

Step Four: Adjust strategies in relation to my chances of winning or the scoreline. Adjust the shouts if the match conditions (weather, pitch) or opposition formation (packed midfield) make it difficult for my team to impose itself through those shouts. If the pitch is a bogged down mud field, then it is no use trying to play fancy football. Throw on a grunt for one of my technical midfielders, get stuck in and bang the ball forward for those pacy strikers to get onto.

That's it. Not rocket science, just a solid, logical approach.

I'm glad you mentioned this, it gives me another chance to ask someone else who might know the answer to this:

As the game heads more and more towards "Teamwork" - Team Training, Tactic Familiarity, Match Preparation etc. - are players now able to recognise the need to/learn to pass/cross the ball to the feet of teammates who can't jump?

Cheers

xxx

Ok, after a few weeks of playing the game now, I'm still not used to the players new 'information' screen layout.

I've gotten used to most other things now (GUI changes/matchday screen etc) but not this.

I find it really hard to take in the information, in the past I could just take a glance on the players infromation screen, and take it all in straight away.

Now when I'm click on that screen, I have to really concentrate and look for what I'm looking for.

For example, if I have my own players transfer listed, sometimes they may not want to leave.. so I'll have a look on their information screen etc.

I suppose the new location of the information I am looking for, is not in the best place (to say the lest) out of all those huge bubble information things, the important text information I am looking for, is hidden away right in the bottom left hand corner, in really small text, underneath the bolder text, making it that little bit harder to spot!

X5yQU.jpg

CqiyR.jpg

Everything is so much easier to take in, even with a quick glance. All well organised (doesn't look mis-matched) and the information is in a better position to stand out (higher up the screen/more central)

Taking in information from this screen on FM12 & previours FM's, effortless. Taking in information from this screen on FM13, pain in the arse. :D

On FM13, I feel like I'm trying to read a report screen/card, everytime I click on a players information screen.

Thanks.

Also have to agree on this, the new scout report cards are also horrible. Was nothing wrong with the old layout, don't know why there was a need for change. The fact nationality info is also in a different tab is frustrating.

X5yQU.jpg

CqiyR.jpg

Thanks.

I have a feeling that what you are asking would require weeks, if not months, of coding.

I have to say that this years 3D match engine are shocking ... this surely is the worse iv every come across .

very disspointed with this years game .. FMC was a very good plan ..

3D match engine my word what have you done to this

Wrong for me, the match engine, after some match becomes good and the tactical effect is more than FM12.

So, of course, it needs some samll tweaks, but in general it's a very good ME ever.

Just waiting to be able to see players little bit more closer.

Finally I've managed to find something that works for me after trying all kinds of stuff. I've made 2 tactics, one home and one away. Home is 4-2-3-1 deep,everything deafult(fluid, standard/control) and away is 4-5-1,everything deafult(fluid,counter/standard). I just tweak player mentality(def,sup,att) when I choose my starting strategy. I use shouts really rare now, only when defending the lead if opponents are battering me or when chasing the lead and it works wonders! My team started to actually perform on a consistent basis like they should with quality. I've won the league with a nice run in the final 7 games :)

Life is good! :)

Just waiting to be able to see players little bit more closer.

Im sure you know about this feature already, but while watching a highlight the other day on whichever angle is closer to the pitch out of 'sideline' and 'touchline', I absent-mindedly scrolled on my mouse wheel and was pleasantly surprised with how far the camera zoomed in.

I cried last year on these forums that FM 2012 is too easy. After a few patches, it still was easy to me but now I can say it's an example of reality comparing to the new game. I want the game to be hard, but realisticaly hard. I'm loosing against lower division teams in cups, I'm loosing against teams with 10 men on the pitch, and even barely beating ones with 9. Whether I played basic 4-4-2 only with Control and Zonal marking changes, or different versions of 4-5-1 with a lot of tactical tweaking, shouts and other stuff, I was still losing to total idiots at home, away, you name it. On the other hand a complete outsider in my league has 23 goals scored after 5 matches, which is almost 5 per game!

Also the thing I noticed is that you don't see as many chances in match on key commentary option. This of course happens especially when I'm chasing the result, there are times I don't see a chance (especially mine) for 30 minutes. Overload option is the one that I'm afraid to use because when I do it the odds of me seeing my team create a chance before the end are very slim.

Sort it out SI ! :)

For the second part of your post, you have to set the higlights to "extended" or "comprehensive" then. It has been changed compared to the previous game.

Or maybe it doesn't show the chances, because when you set the tactic to overload, the opposition goes all out defensive and your team just cannot do anything with it and pass the ball around the box and cross to no one.

But for the best experience, I recommend watching full matches. It is the core of the game. I cannot even count how many little tweaks or ideas I get from watching the full match, how quick I can react, how I try to understand the game and how the game renders my decisions. It is simply beautiful. But only in 2D, I guess.

What mode do you use?

Try setting it to full match 2D, see how your players behave and fine tune their "behavior". Worked for me and gave me tons of fun.

I don't really post a lot on these forums but it is really annoying me that a select few are arguing that SI should not have released the game yet due to bugs, ME or whatever and also saying that the game isn't ready!?

You may be annoyed that you can't fully enjoy the game yet and if that's the case don't play it. If there was a later release (which is what you are campaigning for) you still wouldn't be playing it so just wait until there is a version available that you feel comfortable playing before actually playing it. The vast majority of us on here are enjoying the game and are glad that it was released when it was. We don't want the game to be released later than it has been and feel that the beta release was a good idea. There are arguably 10's of thousands that are happy with the game and a select few that are really unhappy. You are not made to play the game by SI as soon as it comes out or at all for that matter...so stop using this thread to moan about it!!

PaulC has spent 2 years of his life developing this engine for our enjoyment and there are so many over critical posts. Especially someone like Q.P.R who has not given any explanation as to why it is 'shocking'. How would you like it if some one came into your work and slammed something that you were working on for 2 years and didn't give an explanation. I for one want to thank you and the SI team for making a brilliant game again!

I would like to know if there is any option to disable the attribute hiding in the new FM 13? please help, it`s realy disturbing... thanks all

It's identical to all versions since attribute masking was introduced, on the start new game screen you can tick on or off the "show hidden attributes" option (It may have a slightly different text).

The biggest problem that is preventing me from a long term save is the board confidence bug when starting unemployed.

I always start unemployed with every save as I feel it adds to the realism.

Unfortunately at the moment despite agreeing a season expectation when taking over a team it always reverts to the objective set at the beginning of the season with the AI manager. This wouldn't be too much of a problem but you're not given any time to turn things around.

For example I've taken over Brighton (23rd) in December with the objective of avoiding relegation. After 10 games I’m 19th after 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.

My job status however is very insecure as the board are very unhappy that we are not in a mid-table position.

This has already been reported to the bugs forum but I’m really hoping they bring out a fix soon as I think this game has the potential to be fantastic once the ME is fixed too.

I don't really post a lot on these forums but it is really annoying me that a select few are arguing that SI should not have released the game yet due to bugs, ME or whatever and also saying that the game isn't ready!?

You may be annoyed that you can't fully enjoy the game yet and if that's the case don't play it. If there was a later release (which is what you are campaigning for) you still wouldn't be playing it so just wait until there is a version available that you feel comfortable playing before actually playing it. The vast majority of us on here are enjoying the game and are glad that it was released when it was. We don't want the game to be released later than it has been and feel that the beta release was a good idea. There are arguably 10's of thousands that are happy with the game and a select few that are really unhappy. You are not made to play the game by SI as soon as it comes out or at all for that matter...so stop using this thread to moan about it!!

PaulC has spent 2 years of his life developing this engine for our enjoyment and there are so many over critical posts. Especially someone like Q.P.R who has not given any explanation as to why it is 'shocking'. How would you like it if some one came into your work and slammed something that you were working on for 2 years and didn't give an explanation. I for one want to thank you and the SI team for making a brilliant game again!

Do you maybe want us to humbly go down on people who made the game? I hate these toad-eating posts. Like creators of the game demand and deserve respect for their work, so de we as customers demand respect for our hard earned money, escpecially the ones who have been buying and playing the game for years. If you ever worked as a trader you would know that and wouldn't have such a humble posture. No one has done you any favours, you paid for the game, and now as a customer you have every right to speak your mind, complain or whatever. SI knows that if they didn't listen to customers they would lose a lot of them.

And I think you're very wrong with your estimate of people who are satisfied with the game, I think it's quite the opposite because on every major FM forum a lot of people are saying exactly the same thing, and raising the same issues.

As for the date, I would like the game to be released even earlier than November because the season starts in August so the game is actually late 3-4 months every year. So it's really obvious why people are raising their voice because apparently every year they don't get the full game (without all the bugs & with updated tranfers) before February.

It's identical to all versions since attribute masking was introduced, on the start new game screen you can tick on or off the "show hidden attributes" option (It may have a slightly different text).

I`ve tried to find this option, but there is nothing like this option (i know this option from last versions...)

Played around 40 games now, and I've watched most of the matches. My conclusion is this is one of the most buggy, unrealistic looking (animations) ME's that I can ever remember playing on, and I've played on a lot of them. I'm surprised that the ME has actually been released in this state and I'll be taking a step back from it, until it's fixed. But what really worries me is the fact that it's in such a state, that fixing it this year is going to require some serious work from SI, maybe a little too much work to ever get this version finished? Hopefully though, I'm proved wrong.

The ME feels like one step forward and three steps back in it's current state, and I wish I hadn't shelled out the money to become a beta tester after uploading pkm's etc, when what I should really be doing is enjoying the game, and not trying to fix it. Don't get me wrong though, as I realise that bugs need to be ironed out upon release, but to this extent is unacceptable for me.

The interface feels nice but even that is buggy as it would freeze me out of tactics and subs, during matches, on a couple of occasions.

I will say this though, that the guys in the bugs forums have been pretty responsive, and have a lot of things under review, so they're hard at work to fix these issues. They've already made one patch (not read the fixes yet, but I know it's nothing to do with the ME), so here's hoping they roll out a few more, sooner rather than later, as despite my moaning, this game still has a lot of potential.

I`ve tried to find this option, but there is nothing like this option (i know this option from last versions...)

Odd, it's in the same place as FM12? Start a new career game, then select your nations, and on the next screen "new game overview" where you selected which divisions, database size etc, there is an option called "Enable player attribute masking"

Assuming FM not FMC of course, FMC doesn't have the option AFAIK

But what really worries me is the fact that it's in such a state, that fixing it this year is going to require some serious work from SI, maybe a little too much work to ever get this version finished? Hopefully though, I'm proved wrong.

I will say this though, that the guys in the bugs forums have been pretty responsive, and have a lot of things under review, so they're hard at work to fix these issues. They've already made one patch (not read the fixes yet, but I know it's nothing to do with the ME), so here's hoping they roll out a few more, sooner rather than later as despite my moaning, this game still has a lot of potential.

If you count from the BETA they have already made a few ME updates. I'm not sure where your knowledge on how much work it will take comes from, but the drastic improvements in just the two weeks since BETA was released leaves me feeling positive about future improvements being fairly rapid.

Do you maybe want us to humbly go down on people who made the game? I hate these toad-eating posts. Like creators of the game demand and deserve respect for their work, so de we as customers demand respect for our hard earned money, escpecially the ones who have been buying and playing the game for years. If you ever worked as a trader you would know that and wouldn't have such a humble posture. No one has done you any favours, you paid for the game, and now as a customer you have every right to speak your mind, complain or whatever. SI knows that if they didn't listen to customers they would lose a lot of them.

And I think you're very wrong with your estimate of people who are satisfied with the game, I think it's quite the opposite because on every major FM forum a lot of people are saying exactly the same thing, and raising the same issues.

As for the date, I would like the game to be released even earlier than November because the season starts in August so the game is actually late 3-4 months every year. So it's really obvious why people are raising their voice because apparently every year they don't get the full game (without all the bugs & with updated tranfers) before February.

I do actually trade stocks, shares and fx for a living...

I have also been buying and playing the game since cm 97-98 so I have put as much money back into the series as the next fm'er but my point is not that people are criticising or pointing out ways to improve, it is the way they portray these criticisms. I also respect that people have rights to their opinions but it is all about the way they portray them. I was aiming at the select few like Q.P.R who just basically say it's crap with no explanation as to why it's crap...it is suppose to be 'constructive' criticism.

And my mine gripe was the people wanting the game to be released later than it has been which takes away playing time from the people who enjoy the game as it is. You are arguing that people don't get a 'finished' game until February but the reason they get a finished game at all is through constructive criticism (not SI bashing) from multiple players that allow them to improve the game. If the game was released earlier like you say (and I would be in favour of this) then it would be even more buggy at the start but would be updated I suppose before Feb (but my argument was to those who want a later release). If it is released later as a full game it will take just as long to put right but due to a later release will mean that people wait even longer to get the game they want to play.

Also this forum represents the minority of FM players, the hardcore select that take time out of the game to understand it and to write on these forums. There are 10's of thousands of gamers that do not post on these sites that treat the game as is and enjoy no matter what patch is out...

Played around 40 games now, and I've watched most of the matches. My conclusion is this is one of the most buggy, unrealistic looking (animations) ME's that I can ever remember playing on, and I've played on a lot of them. I'm surprised that the ME has actually been released in this state and I'll be taking a step back from it, until it's fixed. But what really worries me is the fact that it's in such a state, that fixing it this year is going to require some serious work from SI, maybe a little too much work to ever get this version finished? Hopefully though, I'm proved wrong.

The ME feels like one step forward and three steps back in it's current state, and I wish I hadn't shelled out the money to become a beta tester after uploading pkm's etc, when what I should really be doing is enjoying the game, and not trying to fix it. Don't get me wrong though, as I realise that bugs need to be ironed out upon release, but to this extent is unacceptable for me.

The interface feels nice but even that is buggy as it would freeze me out of tactics and subs, during matches, on a couple of occasions.

I will say this though, that the guys in the bugs forums have been pretty responsive, and have a lot of things under review, so they're hard at work to fix these issues. They've already made one patch (not read the fixes yet, but I know it's nothing to do with the ME), so here's hoping they roll out a few more, sooner rather than later, as despite my moaning, this game still has a lot of potential.

If you count from the BETA they have already made a few ME updates. I'm not sure where your knowledge on how much work it will take comes from, but the drastic improvements in just the two weeks since BETA was released leaves me feeling positive about future improvements being fairly rapid.

Herbert, I think that given the two years it has taken them to arrive at the current state, it is unrealistic to assume that they will be able to achieve team defending in a couple of weeks. As it is now, FM is more one-vs-one than ever, especially on long passes and clearances. As soon as the ball leaves the ground 20 players stand around watching in random directions while two random players (one from each team) are chosen to chase it. Then, when the ball touches the ground again, the 20 other players start running in straight lines according to their positional shackles.

In fact, I believe that most of the bug reports about slow defender reactions to through balls are actually the wrong player being chosen to react. Like in FIFA.

The biggest problem that is preventing me from a long term save is the board confidence bug when starting unemployed.

I always start unemployed with every save as I feel it adds to the realism.

Unfortunately at the moment despite agreeing a season expectation when taking over a team it always reverts to the objective set at the beginning of the season with the AI manager. This wouldn't be too much of a problem but you're not given any time to turn things around.

For example I've taken over Brighton (23rd) in December with the objective of avoiding relegation. After 10 games I’m 19th after 4 wins, 3 draws and 3 losses.

My job status however is very insecure as the board are very unhappy that we are not in a mid-table position.

This has already been reported to the bugs forum but I’m really hoping they bring out a fix soon as I think this game has the potential to be fantastic once the ME is fixed too.

Very true. I have started unemployed a couple of times and keep getting sacked even though I do what they asked me but I of course couldn't do the impossible and achieve something set out at the beginning of what turned out to be a very unsuccessful season.

In my latest save though, I am doing quite well and might actually do what they set out at the beginning. Do you know if they said it's easily fixed and will be so in the next update or will we just have to wait and see?

Archived