*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

I also have witnessed the problem with crossings. Wingers just go past my fullbacks without a problem, cross; and then it's most likely a goal even when the AI team has a weak striker who is in the middle of 4 of my players...

There seem to be a real problem there, and I am a bit worried to see that just 2 weeks before the official release. Seems like the defenders (both centre-backs and full-backs) are absolutely not defending!

Sometimes this issues can be fixed in 1 day, sometimes it can take 1 month.

SI know the problem, and i'm sure Paul C and th others ME guys are doing everything they can to fix this and others issues.

Just keep a little faith, in a company that never let us down! :)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, consider changing team comparison to pit defense vs attackers and vice versa. Knowing my defense's average tackling compared to the opposition's defense isn't useful at all.

How would you team up the attributes? Finishing with tacking? Composure with... ?

I hope they patch the beta on Friday so it will be the same state as the demo.

My findings.

Game is a lot slower to process than Fm12 for me.

ME - I don't think I need to say anything everyone else as already.

The skin - Why every year with this white skin being the default show off for the game???? Si say they listen to what the fans want. Well for the last four years we have said we don't like the white skin.

The potential of the game is great, but I can't play it in this state at the moment.

How would you team up the attributes? Finishing with tacking? Composure with... ?
Those exactly aren't good for comparison, because there is no defense attribute countering them, I'd just list them bellow. The comparison would be pretty much about physicals and maybe Tackling - Dribbling, Positioning/Marking - Off the ball.

Anything would be better than now, the screen doesn't provide useful information as it is.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but scanning 22 pages seemed a bit OTT really.

Anyway, loving the interface, etc, my only issue is coming with repetitive situations. My Blackburn game has seen me go 1-0 up in most matches, only to lose most of them 2-1 or at best 2-2. I havent won once in the league and it always seems to follow this line of things. David Dunn has played 8 games including friendlies and has got minor injuries in EVERY single one. My goalkeeper couldnt catch a cold and the defence leaks worse than a collinder. This would be okay if Nuno Gomes/Rhodes/Rochina/Forssel could hit a barn door from five feet but I've seen strikers get the ball right in front of goal multiple times per match only for them just to stop dead, or the opposition 'keeper make miraculous saves. I know Blackburn arent exactly Barcelona, but I have been sacked once already by them and my second game with them isnt going much better. I would cry n00b on my manegerial abilities, but I have been playing as Blackburn since the Championship Manager 03/04 and have been able to at least a half arsed job of things!

Hope that didnt sound like an angry rant - I know it's only BETA and hope these things get sorted for the full release.

If you look at the player training screen, on the right hand "Attributes" tab there should be a menu called "Area" on the top right. This allows you to highlight the attributes affected by different training areas or roles.
If you look at the player training screen, on the right hand "Attributes" tab there should be a menu called "Area" on the top right. This allows you to highlight the attributes affected by different training areas or roles.

Thanks a lot for all your explanation Riz. I sum up what I have understood (please point me out if it's not correct) before asking questions, make feedback and suggestions.

0. Workload is spread between training and match preparation (up to 50% for match preparation). Only match preparation matters in the short terms when playing games though training matters in the long term due to how players are trained. Exception is teamwork which is a boost for team gelling and is kind of a long term choice.

1. First layer of training is position based general training . Training staff is setting automattically a position based general training schedule for each position. Position based schedule fits standards requirements for each position. In others words forwards train more in attack than defenders. We are not able to customize these positionnal schedule, we cannot control either who is in each schedule. A player is assigned in schedule according to his natural position (ie the first one in the list of position he can play in)

2. Second layer of training is team based. A % of workload (Very Low; Low; Average; High; Very High)

in the drop down menu) is used to focus on a specific category. If you select "defence", it does not mean forwards will only train defence, it onlys means they spend more time (time spent is function of team focus workload) training defence than in their base positionnal schedule.

3. Third layer of training is player based. Two exclusives options here. First one : you can focus on a single attributes like FM12. Second one : you can focus on a set of key attributes related to a tactical rôle (poachers, playmakers, wingers, etc). Attributes focus on in a role are those highlighted in the training attributes tab->area

Here are my questions, I tried to make it easy for you to respond.

- In general training, focus : what is team cohesion? Is it a sort of boost for team gelling process?

- In general training, focus : There is no "shooting" focus right? Despites there is still a training category for that. So we can not focus on shooting?

- In general training, focus intensity : In term of workload % , how does very low, low, average, high, very high represent from the workload assign to general training? 5% to 25%?

- In individual training, focus on rôle : Workload spread equally between attributes focused on in that role right?

- In individual training, focus on role : Have all role focus the same number of attribute trained?

- In individual training, focus on role : All attributes (especially mental one) are trained, even the one that are not available in "single attribute focus".

- In individual training, intensity : Is the workload dedicated to individual focus (single attribute and role) derived from the general training workload as well. If yes in which %? Still 5-10-15%?

- In individual training, PPM and New position : Is the workload for these still derived from general training workload? Still 20% and 10% respectively?

- Under the hood : Cold you elaborate on news training levels? Is it still category based? Attributes based? Are we gonna have them in the short term?

Here is some feedback :

- I was a huge fan of individual schedule in FM12 but I perfectly understand what you are trying to achieve. No ranting, seems promising for me.

- We should be able to spot quickly (ie graphics bar) how workload is spread for each player and. Apologies if I missed something but it seemed to have gone. It is very useful to understand how each player is training between all possible focus and assignments.

T3x7W.png

- I think that training is now more "playing style" and "fit my tactical setup" orientated which is great in the long run to try to shape you squad. It goes hand in hand with new scouting option (role search).

- Trade off is training is now, in my opinion, less "player development" orientated due to the impossibility to design individual schedule which exactly fits what I want for that player.

- As a result, less feedback on how player is doing in training. It makes sense from your point of view as we can only influence attribute(s) so the only necessary feedback is the detailled evolution of attributes graph.

- One issue is player condition. If 3 or 4 players are in the same position based general training, let say "central defender". What if one player has very low natural fitness and is not recovering properly between game. Rest before and after game may do the trick for him but it penalize others players. Rest only that player is on option but it means it doesn't train at all that day. The new selection option in the tactic screen (half of the team) is more a convenient way to rotatte players than dealing with an individual. Basically, I can't control through training fitness of one player which is because I can not control anymore training workload for each player individually. I don't have a suggestion to make here and maybe that's more realistic.

Now some suggestions

- Let the user the possibilty to design custom general training schedule. For example, if I don't think defence training should be function of position (Lobanovsky was that kind of manager, pressing from the front as a unit; Bielsa and others as well) I can not implement what I aiming at with the current system, even with the general training focus. A nice option would be grouping player not by position but with a custom list. So I would be able to do the following (by say 5% click)

Whole team : Defending workload = 20%

Whole team : Tactics workload = 15%

Besides, I would be able to group players in different list (say for 3 players at least)

List of players n°1 : Whole team training + Attack (20%) + Ball Control(10%) + Shooting (5%) + Aerobic (15%) + Strength (15%) = 35% + 65% = 100%

List of players n°2 : Whole team training + Defending (20%) + Tactics (15%) + Aerobic (15%) + Strength (15%) = 35% + 65% = 100%

List of players n°3 : Whole team training + Attack (15%) + Ball Control(20%) + Shooting (5%) + Tactics (15%) + Aerobic (5%) + Strength (5%)= 35% + 65% = 100%

Morevoer, I would add another level if I want to specifically work with one player by removing workload elsewhere. Individual training (players X, Y and Z) should be maximum 15% for example to not prevent what you are trying to introduce with FM13. 15% max would really be individual training corresponding to a training session with an attacking coach or fitness coach.

Player X : Whole team training + List 1 training + Attack (15%) - Strenght (5%) - Aerobic (5%) - Shooting (5%)

Player Y : Whole team training + List 2 training + Defending (15%) - Strenght (5%) - Aerobic (5%) - Tactics (5%)

Players Z : Whole teal training + List 3 training Aerobic (15%) - Attack (15%)

- Or/andlet the user the possibility to design custom tactical rôle focus : For example with the poacher role. I don't feel the need to focus on dribbling but my poacher is a pretty tall guy and I want to further improve this asset. From workload dedicated to individual focus, I would be able to split it like this (by say 12.5% click allowing me to put up to 8 attributes at most)

Finishing : 25%

Off the ball : 37,5%

Composure : 12.5%

Anticipation: 12,5%

Heading : 12,5%

I may be able as well to design specific groups for severall players. For example, if I want my youngsters to focus on fitness, I may design; IRL it would be some sort of groups courses with fitness coach

Balance : 25%

Quickness : 25%

Stamina : 25%

Strength : 25%

I am aware some of these suggestions need some work and may not interact nicely with each other, but you get the idea. Some more, though limited naturally, options towards specific players and group developpment.

Thanks for your time and your answers

You really need to get rid of the training system. You left us with no control what so ever! It's probably OK for the FMC, but for a full game where you're supposed to be a manager with control over the club, it's insane that you can't control training - the most important part of success in modern football!

Just downloaded the BETA, going to have to get used to the layout but i like the look of it.

one question i have though... do managers tend to bring with them their ass man, coaches etc.. whenever they move to a new club? as seen in real life often..

@Riz:

Two questions regarding training:

If I do select rest after a match, I assume every single player in my first team does not train at all the day after a match, regardless of how many minutes they played or whether they where even selected? And does this also include everybody in my reserves?

If I do not select rest after a match, does this mean every single player still does his usuall full training the day after a match? Or are players who've played a certain amount of minutes still given a day off? If so, how many minutes must they have played?

Additional role/attribute training, position training and ppm training. Which of these are on top of team training and which take time away from team training? Also, does changing a players training intensity only alter the ratio of time spent between his individual workloads? Or does this take more/less time away from team training when a player is not training position and ppm?

probably mentioned to death... but doesn't the spacebar move the game forward anymore?!!

As I understand it it is only if you have used the search function that using space bar stops working. Restarting the game should fix it (did for me), reloading the skin might too.

Im sure they will fix it for the game, along with remembering where on a list you had scrolled to.

What a pile of nonsense this beta game is - hope they can get it right in the short time available. Technically ok - no crashes but the match engine is a complete shambles:-

- Sloooooooowww build up play, sooooooo slooooow - even when playing direct football - stuck on Spanish style. Opposition play these short tiny passes which their players run onto while my players stand deathly still with the ball six inches from their feet. A ball played next to my midfielder is easily gathered by their player 10 metres away when the pass is made.

- As Leeds in seven games have only won one been hammered 6-0 by Rochdale, 5-0 by Peterborough, Beat Wolves 5-1 ..it's insanity

- Goals are given when the ball passes straight through the net

- A black square appeared on the pitch in two of the games

- My goalkeeper (Paddy Kenny) hasn't saved a shot in seven games - opposition score every time they come forward

- I have feuds with almost all the managers I meet despite not having said anything about them.

- Rarely win a tackle, this is almost impossible in this game - it is sooo unrealistic

- I shouted instructions in the 14th minute - they were still pending after 80 mins!!!

- Leeds crowd all wearing purple / green but no club colours to be seen.

Complete disaster - good luck fixing this mess.

Never mind gave me a good laugh.

The new 2D engine is so ugly i actuelly can't play the game, i seriously want refund.

FU Sport Interactive.

How can SI begin to respond to your pathetic little moan if all you do is swear at them?

How about saying what you don't like about it, what you think can be improved, what aspects of it are genuinely ugly?

If you do this and they agree with your comments, and think the majority of users would, they may even implement it.

If all you do is type 'FU Sport [sic] Interactive' then you can't have any reasonable expectation that they will do anything.

Within the matchday screen i like using the split screen view with the pitch taking up 75% of the screen and a stats box the other 25%. However, every single time i have to manually adjust this. Is there a way of saving your match screen preferences to include this or is this a bug?

How can SI begin to respond to your pathetic little moan if all you do is swear at them?

How about saying what you don't like about it, what you think can be improved, what aspects of it are genuinely ugly?

If you do this and they agree with your comments, and think the majority of users would, they may even implement it.

If all you do is type 'FU Sport [sic] Interactive' then you can't have any reasonable expectation that they will do anything.

I Don't except respond from SI, I Don't except refund as well cause i won't get one.

They won't change the engine in 2 weeks so im screwd and just threw 40$ to the garbage, cause i can't play this way the new FM.

they didn't said a word about changing the 2D classic engine and they didn't uploaded one(!!) picture of the new 2D engine so yeah, i really feel i have the right to be ****in pissed off when some company fooled me and took 40$ from me.

You can unlock it during gameplay, or buy it in the FMC Store.

Micro-transactions. I understand it is seen as the future of gaming and all that and I certainly appreciate SI having the option to unlock it ingame but lets not pretend there isn't a suspicion that SI made the need to 'unlock' such a basic feature is to nudge people towards purchasing it outright.

Then again I could be wrong and the currency in the FMC store isn't real money but achievement points or something. I've skipped most of the FMC stuffs. From my point of view FMC was made for those without time and SI is banking on the pay 2 win kinda thing. Didn't mean to rhyme. People with no time has money or something.

I am all for it. Good move by SI in my opinion. This may sound hypocritical but I absolutely hate DLC but don't mind micro-transactions like this. I don't see myself using it ever but who knows when I have kids and all that family stuff.

Within the matchday screen i like using the split screen view with the pitch taking up 75% of the screen and a stats box the other 25%. However, every single time i have to manually adjust this. Is there a way of saving your match screen preferences to include this or is this a bug?

It's a bug they're aware of.

I Don't except respond from SI, I Don't except refund as well cause i won't get one.

They won't change the engine in 2 weeks so im screwd and just threw 40$ to the garbage, cause i can't play this way the new FM.

they didn't said a word about changing the 2D classic engine and they didn't uploaded one(!!) picture of the new 2D engine so yeah, i really feel i have the right to be ****in pissed off when some company fooled me and took 40$ from me.

If you pre ordered you can cancel so no money lost.

Cut out the bad language please it doesn't add to your (misguided) statement.

I don't think they fooled you, they never said they didn't change it and they never said the changes they did mention were an exhaustive list.

Also, what is it about the 2D matchday that you dont like?

SI have actually rather kindly made many aspects of the matchday experience customaisable through skinning. It may be that the aspect you don't like, the ball, the pitch, or whatever it is, can be changed by either a skin or a specific matchday graphic which can be downloaded, even if perhaps not here, from somwhere on the 'FM Community', a list of websites whcih I think you should be able to find in the game.

I cancelled my pre-order and got refund from Steam without any problems, it's probably the only time when their customer service has been useful.

FMC No compensation warning. Having just signed Baldini as DoF for Man Utd I was surprised that a compensation package of £700k was paid! Probably not an unrealistic sum but I didnt see any warning of such at negotiation stage. Was I not paying enough attention or is such a vital piece of pre-contract info not displayed in FMC?

Also no zoom function on Rail Cam in FMC?, cannot see why that "helps" FMC be any better as a slimline FM, its just a viewing tool option.

Loving FMC though, may be my preferred starting mode for my releaseday career save game.

would i like to know what's the response to all this bashing of the new ME inside the SI studios :D

but really, for the ME to be in this state only 2 weeks prior to release...for the first time ever i am actually concerned wheter the game will be playable for me.

• Administrators
FMC No compensation warning. Having just signed Baldini as DoF for Man Utd I was surprised that a compensation package of £700k was paid! Probably not an unrealistic sum but I didnt see any warning of such at negotiation stage. Was I not paying enough attention or is such a vital piece of pre-contract info not displayed in FMC?

Also no zoom function on Rail Cam in FMC?, cannot see why that "helps" FMC be any better as a slimline FM, its just a viewing tool option.

Loving FMC though, may be my preferred starting mode for my releaseday career save game.

Log these as bugs please so I can take a look

As for the compensation warning, it should be in the contract offer screen

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game :)

Compensation amounts are highlighted in bold red (but small!) in the bottom right of the negotiation screen.

• Administrators
would i like to know what's the response to all this bashing of the new ME inside the SI studios :D

but really, for the ME to be in this state only 2 weeks prior to release...for the first time ever i am actually concerned wheter the game will be playable for me.

The response is that we hope people raise the issues they're unhappy with on our match engine forums so we can look into them further. Thanks.

What a pile of nonsense this beta game is - hope they can get it right in the short time available. Technically ok - no crashes but the match engine is a complete shambles:-

- Sloooooooowww build up play, sooooooo slooooow - even when playing direct football - stuck on Spanish style. Opposition play these short tiny passes which their players run onto while my players stand deathly still with the ball six inches from their feet. A ball played next to my midfielder is easily gathered by their player 10 metres away when the pass is made.

- As Leeds in seven games have only won one been hammered 6-0 by Rochdale, 5-0 by Peterborough, Beat Wolves 5-1 ..it's insanity

- Goals are given when the ball passes straight through the net

- A black square appeared on the pitch in two of the games

- My goalkeeper (Paddy Kenny) hasn't saved a shot in seven games - opposition score every time they come forward

- I have feuds with almost all the managers I meet despite not having said anything about them.

- Rarely win a tackle, this is almost impossible in this game - it is sooo unrealistic

- I shouted instructions in the 14th minute - they were still pending after 80 mins!!!

- Leeds crowd all wearing purple / green but no club colours to be seen.

Complete disaster - good luck fixing this mess.

Never mind gave me a good laugh.

My opinions on some of the same "issues":

Love the match engine, looks most realistic representation of a real match yet.

-Slow buildup play. Yep really is for first time ever, just the style I always wanted to play.

-Played 12 games, lost none, not dominating though, its all exciting stuff. And this not as Barcelona but as Bath City

-Goalkeepers properly catch the ball now (most of the time) but close in hammer strikes can go through (actually just to the side) keepers or slid wonderfully underneath them.

-Some beautiful last ditch tackles, a couple after the defender had been beaten but tracked back and cleaned up

-An almost exact replica of Alan Shearers goal v Holland at Euro96 (the Sherringham side tap and "Shearerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" goal - you know the one. Actually several plays reminded me of real matches, never felt like that before about FM.

Having said all that I did have one crash dump but I had left the game for 1/2 hour or so paused mid match and my first action was to click the "sub player" button in an injured player dialogue box (not a combination of actions I would normally perform).

Next you will be complaining that none of your "fans" invaded the pitch and assaulted any opposition players!

Thank you SI, FM12 was the best & most stable release day FM in my opinion and FM13 (judging by the beta) is shaping up to surpass that game in style.

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I'm not sure where is.

When I am creating my own tactic in the tactic creator, when I try to drag the players around the screen, when I click on a player to drag, a little player circle flashes quickly up in the top left of my screen as well.

Not a big deal but it is annoying. I will try to grab a screen shot later, but it could require some super-human reflexes!

Just looking at the Man Utd squad on October 20th and have noticed something. Players that you'd think would've played at least a few games haven't played at all in the league.

Kagawa - 0 app.

Dennis Aogo (6.25M) - 1 app.

Cleverley - 0 app.

Welbeck - 0 app.

Konoplyanka (19.5M) - 0 app.

I know it's only early but you would've thought someone that they paid near on 20M for would have had one start and then there's Kagawa who hasn't even played too.

• Administrators
Just looking at the Man Utd squad on October 20th and have noticed something. Players that you'd think would've played at least a few games haven't played at all in the league.

Kagawa - 0 app.

Dennis Aogo (6.25M) - 1 app.

Cleverley - 0 app.

Welbeck - 0 app.

Konoplyanka (19.5M) - 0 app.

I know it's only early but you would've thought someone that they paid near on 20M for would have had one start and then there's Kagawa who hasn't even played too.

Any chance of raising this in the bugs forum for us here? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291

Thanks.

I set up my coach's training area to maximize my star ratings but it always resets to some other assignment. It isn't my assistant's assignment because when I click ask assistant it changes to his. When I try to customize it, it always defaults to that exact same assignment a few days later.

I posted this in the bug forum but I want to know if it is my fault. I tried looking in staff responsibilities to make sure there isn't an option for some coach to take over training and I think I covered everything. It keeps happening though. Quite annoying.

Thank you

The response is that we hope people raise the issues they're unhappy with on our match engine forums so we can look into them further. Thanks.

All the major issues are mentioned here a lot of times and also reported on the bugs forum. All we hope now is that you are able to fix them until november 2nd. Thanks.

I'm done with this until November 2nd, and hopefully the **** gets patched, keepers are ****, make a save, stand there allowing a player, EVERY time to just knock it in, cross, back post, goal every time, pathetic.

It isn't every time, don't be an idiot. And here you can see SI response.

Your little tirade won't change anything. Uploading your game to the appropriate place along with a reasoned discussion of what you thing is wrong might...

Has anyone noticed that players BITCH very quick about not being played?

Example 1

Had a Barcelona youngster on loan, and after 2 prem games(he was not on the bench) he asks for a loan termination stating the reason being he is not getting enough matches

Example 2

Sturridge i signed in the summer 6 games have gone by so far,i have used him as a sub once and now he comes to me saying if i don't play him he will leave

WTF

Why don't these players have any patience?

Is this a bug?

Example 1

Had a Barcelona youngster on loan, and after 2 prem games(he was not on the bench) he asks for a loan termination stating the reason being he is not getting enough matches

Example 2

Sturridge i signed in the summer 6 games have gone by so far,i have used him as a sub once and now he comes to me saying if i don't play him he will leave

WTF

Is this a bug?

Worth reporting as a bug, that's too extreme methinks.

For those struggling with difficulty levels in the beta btw: have you tried analysing matches using the Analysis tool?

I'm having a great run of form, as I've said before - but I did actually find it tricky early on. I studied quite a few matches in the Analysis tools, and tweaked my tactics as a result of what I found so that I wasn't giving away possession so much, keeping the right shape/width etc and getting chances from the right areas. It's worked for me - no goals conceded in eight games now, top of the league by 13 points.

Example 1

Example 2

WTF

Is this a bug?

DO you promise them first team football, when you sign them?

Just a minor annoyance for me and just wondering if i can do anything about it?

that is when you click on a team and view the list of their squad it shows all the 1st team, reserve team & under 18 players. I have to use the filter every time to show me just the 1st team players.

Not sure if bug, but I've noticed when giving pre-match team talk to individuals or to oncoming subs, their reactions change sometimes dependent on what I say to another individual. As in when making three subs; tell first sub "I have faith"....he looks happy, tell next sub "I have faith" and the first sub changes to "nothing specific noticed" and then both 1st/2nd subs change their reaction yet again after I've said something to the 3rd sub.

Or my players are a bit nosey listening in to what I say to their mate. :)

Not sure if bug, but I've noticed when giving pre-match team talk to individuals or to oncoming subs, their reactions change sometimes dependent on what I say to another individual. As in when making three subs; tell first sub "I have faith"....he looks happy, tell next sub "I have faith" and the first sub changes to "nothing specific noticed" and then changes again giving a chat to the 3rd sub.

Or my players are a bit nosey listening in to what I say to their mate. :)

Hmm sounds like a bug that mate i'd maybe raise in the fm13 bugs thread, sounds odd to me

Archived