*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

My issue, aside from the match engine(goals from crossing, tight angles, poor goal keeping decisions), is that i promised to board to play attacking football.

In my confidence screen it says something like: 'board promises-poor-the board are disappointed that you don't seem to be playing attacking football'.

My tactics have a minimum of 16 for the team mentality settings!

Could it be that when I view my profile the way I play isn't accounted for? I play 4-2-2-2 or 4-3-3 but the profile reads 'preferred formation 4-4-2, playing mentality balanced.' I've never played 4-4-2! I know this was an issue in fm12 but it seems to be affecting the board confidence. Anyone else had a similar issue?

I brought this discussion up in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320833-AI-managers-playing-mentality-in-FM2013

It is related to AI managers, but i checked my profile and although i play attacking football the mentality remains at balanced. It could be a bug, maybe someone from SI could tell us more.

@Ackter I think the mentality line is not updating properly, just check AI managers, no one has more than balanced. Not even managers who should in theory be attacking like Bielsa or Wenger

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not me but I echo what Tiger has said. ;)

I guess that you'd have to retrain him in the position first before any sort of change would occur. Once you've got the youngster at least capable of doing a job in that position, you set a high focus on attributes he lacks in.

Seems the wrong way to do it. If you want him playing in defence, for example, the best way for him to learn is to be thrown in the deep end and teach him how to swim.

imo at least.

You could teach him how to swim first, but without the water is he really learning to swim or just learning to wave his arms around?

By 4-2-2-2 do you mean flat back 4, 2 MCs, 2 attacking wingers and 2 strikers? That probably gets classed as 4-4-2 by the game, in the same way a 451 with a sitting DM and 2 wide wingers is a 451, not a a 4-1-2-2-1. And even if you mean with AMCs in behind 2 strikers, the game may still classify this as a 4-4-2 variant.

Well why is the picture shown in my profile a flat 442? I play with 2 wingers pushed up.

• SI Staff
So basically breaking down a bit what you guys have done is taken the train one attribute feature from previous games and now made it so you can focus training on mutilple attributes at the same time?

The individual training focus on a specific role (Poacher etc.) does indeed work just like this. The difference is that the effect on a single attribute is not as great as when focusing on just one specific attribute.

Does the changing training focus affect how the team plays, or just how it trains? Or do they kinda work off each other?

Match preparation training is the part of training that links to how the team plays in matches in the short term. Obvious in the long term, the way you train your players and their attributes through the general team training and individual focuses will also affect the way your team plays, but in the short term the match preparation focus is what matters.

i am just worried that reducing the number of crosses won't sort out the issue of poor defending an goalkeeping. If they just tweak that the fullbacks do better job of blocking and leave the rest of defence like this it won't be any better. I think I didn't see any tackles in this ME..if i see a highlight where opponent has the ball I know my players will not win it back during the highlight, and if the ball gets to the flank i know I will concede. The behaviour of goalkeepers is really bad, they are unable to claim any crosses coming to their area even though they only need to put their hands up they will rather just watch as the ball enters the net. Also going out to collect a through ball which they surely can get to they just seem happy to stand still and wait the oposing striker to take the ball and score. This kind of defending and goalkeeping makes every game a lottery in which you may win or you may lose no mather what tactics you use, and no matter who is your opponent. High number of goals scored is also the issue connected to this. So I hope it all gets sorted out until the release because in this state the game is unplayable,at least for me.

I've been playing this game since ChamManager '93, and my opinion is that in the last couple of years this is by far the biggest and truly gamebreaking bug or whatever you whish to call it. I am sure it will be sorted eventually, I'm just sceptical it will be sorted in time.

The rest of the game is great, only UI is quite annoying sometimes but it is more or less a matter of habit.

FM 12 for me was the perfect game, I hope FM 13 will be. In current state it's not even close.

The individual training focus on a specific role (Poacher etc.) does indeed work just like this. The difference is that the effect on a single attribute is not as great as when focusing on just one specific attribute.

Match preparation training is the part of training that links to how the team plays in matches in the short term. Obvious in the long term, the way you train your players and their attributes through the general team training and individual focuses will also affect the way your team plays, but in the short term the match preparation focus is what matters.

Many thanks Riz im getting my head round it more now. I did think players would be on auto schedules underneath everything, its just a case of working through the new UI set up around it all.

It seems like its working like i had kinda thought, so for me its working great, i love the setting up your training for 3 weeks system and match prep finally is easy to set up, and hard to forget about, last year it just kinda got lost in amongst the tactics set up.

are the mental stats trained as well when you train the specific role? or can you just expect a boost in all the stats that are avaible as single attributes training

I know this has been raised before, but I would like to add my voice to those requesting that when on the player search screen, and then clicking onto a player, going back to the search screen keeps your place in the scrolling remembered.

I am at my wits end with it going back to the top every time

I know this has been raised before, but I would like to add my voice to those requesting that when on the player search screen, and then clicking onto a player, going back to the search screen keeps your place in the scrolling remembered.

I am at my wits end with it going back to the top every time

They had this issue in the scouting reports on FM11 and it got fixed on 12. I think it's one of those small things that gets forgotten/slips through really easy.

Miles blog stated that the ball would move differently on the pitches and also will be affected by the weather and you should look at changing your tactics if kicking into a strong wind as the ball movement is affected by this. Is there an arrow anywhere which states which way the wind is blowing so you can work this into your tactics.

He also stated that there was new camera tracking at pre and post match I cant see any difference to 2012 or it maybe just me. Is it new animations at kick off and at the end of a match

Hi,

I'll post this again as somehow I cannot find my post (sure I pressed the reply button though...)

It concerns players resting. First, having the option to automatically put players on a 1 day rest after match game back is a great come back, it saves a lot of clicks.

Now I have tried to give specific players more than one day of rest but could not find the way to do so in FM13, so first question: is this still possible? If so how?

If it is not possible anymore, is SI planning to put this feature back through a patch? It was pretty handy to give one player or all team 1, 2, 3 days off, even a week to rest if you had 3 games in 6 days and then no games in the next 6 days for example (I am not taking about sending players on leave).

It really made a difference in players condition over the year especially when you play like 50-60 games a season.

Just had a 7-6 thriller, I was 4-1 up at half time too. Bloody mental.

Blimey that's terrible, and there's been quite a few of those apparently.

Many will be put off by that alone - they must make it a priority to get scorelines as irl. I for one will seriously question buying if that is not fixed.

just got into my second season with Rangers and every bid for my players is being accepted by receivers? Why would I have receivers when there is £30 odd million pounds in the bank, absolutely destroyed the game after a decent first season too!

I think I read in the Rangers GTPG thread that it maybe a bug that SI are aware of; as in because of the transfer embargo on Rangers the game thinks you are also (still) in recievership?

EDIT - Yes it's been logged in the bugs forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320255-Rangers-Bug-Season-2-LOGGED

Hi,

I'll post this again as somehow I cannot find my post (sure I pressed the reply button though...)

It concerns players resting. First, having the option to automatically put players on a 1 day rest after match game back is a great come back, it saves a lot of clicks.

Now I have tried to give specific players more than one day of rest but could not find the way to do so in FM13, so first question: is this still possible? If so how?

If it is not possible anymore, is SI planning to put this feature back through a patch? It was pretty handy to give one player or all team 1, 2, 3 days off, even a week to rest if you had 3 games in 6 days and then no games in the next 6 days for example (I am not taking about sending players on leave).

It really made a difference in players condition over the year especially when you play like 50-60 games a season.

I'm playing FMC and I'm sure that I've seen an option to give players rest days.

I think that I right clicked them and there was the option. In full FM I think you can also get the players to rest before a match, I'm playing at a low level so that might not be an option for me until we turn professional.

• SI Staff
are the mental stats trained as well when you train the specific role? or can you just expect a boost in all the stats that are avaible as single attributes training

Not all mental stats can be improved via training, but those that can improve via general training will be affected by the individual focus on a specific role.

Amazing that after the main reason SI changed the training module was to make it 'easier to use' they are now getting post after post from people complaing that it makes no sense and they don't understand what is happening because of how hidden it all is.

Just bring back the old training. At least you knew if your striker was actually going to learn to shoot. Or what your wing-back was doing.

Not this no-depth rubbish.

just got into my second season with Rangers and every bid for my players is being accepted by receivers? Why would I have receivers when there is £30 odd million pounds in the bank, absolutely destroyed the game after a decent first season too!

I assume the bug is making that much money in Scottish division 3, you should probably report that as well.

I think I read in the Rangers GTPG thread that it maybe a bug that SI are aware of; as in because of the transfer embargo on Rangers the game thinks you are also (still) in recievership?

EDIT - Yes it's been logged in the bugs forum:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/320255-Rangers-Bug-Season-2-LOGGED

Damn, same with me. Waste of a weekend that :(

£30m!? Im only 4 or 5m up going into second season and thats not seling or buying :rolleyes:

Miles blog stated that the ball would move differently on the pitches and also will be affected by the weather and you should look at changing your tactics if kicking into a strong wind as the ball movement is affected by this. Is there an arrow anywhere which states which way the wind is blowing so you can work this into your tactics.

He also stated that there was new camera tracking at pre and post match I cant see any difference to 2012 or it maybe just me. Is it new animations at kick off and at the end of a match

You can sometimes tell from the corner flags ;)

Really annoying when you are watching the key highlights of a game and there is a whole half where nothing happens , I even tried 5 up front and none at the back still no highlights.

Key has been changed to show bare minimum. Comprehensive is the new key.

Hi,

Yes, you can certainly give players a rest by rt clicking their names --> training --> rest 1-3 days or 1 week

ctrl click can highlight more than one and you can rt click routine rest several at once if you desire

Are there any plans for a patch before release? Some UI issues are quite irritating (split view panels width reset, attribute colors resetting).

i dont think there will be a patch for the BETA - but it would be nice to have one.

Maybe (if they havent already) could someone from SI confirm either way if there are any plans to patch the BETA (or update to the latest version of the game)

i dont think there will be a patch for the BETA - but it would be nice to have one.

Maybe (if they havent already) could someone from SI confirm either way if there are any plans to patch the BETA (or update to the latest version of the game)

Although I can't be bothered finding the quote, someone did already confirm that there presently were not plans to patch the BETA, but that they wouldnt explicitly rule it out

It's good to see that the cross = goal complaint is getting a lot of attention. My only worry is that they will over-do the fix and make it near impossible to score from a cross. The same happened on FM10 after a patch when wingers couldn't/wouldn't put in a good cross in after the patch, then the one after that you could cross well, but not head and/or volley. Obviously it's hard to balance, but it has been one of my main complaints lately.

Apart from the stated bugs it's looking like the game will be great this year.

Just to confirm. Are there any plans to update the ME before the release? If not than will wait until the official release.

The engine is just way out to start any useful careers or plan out tactics at the moment.

Blimey that's terrible, and there's been quite a few of those apparently.

Many will be put off by that alone - they must make it a priority to get scorelines as irl. I for one will seriously question buying if that is not fixed.

Games have finished 7-6 before... If it's a regular occurrence, it's a problem. I don't see anything to suggest that it is.

• Administrators
Yes, you can certainly give players a rest by rt clicking their names --> training --> rest 1-3 days or 1 week

ctrl click can highlight more than one and you can rt click routine rest several at once if you desire

You can also set rest days on the main training screen - before and/or after matches.

I just scored a pretty clear goal, that was awarded as a goal kick. My winger was fed through down the left side, shot across goal beating the keeper, hitting the post and bouncing into the back of the net. Then the referee blew for a goal kick!

I've also had a few goals which have burst through the net. And my St Neots strikers aren't exactly hitting the ball like Roberto Carlos!

Not sure if this is a known issue but i'd be happy to give more info if required.

This happened to me! I scored a clear goal and it was given as a goalkick. I have watched replays 999 times from all tv angles possible and still don't know what happened.

My game also crashes whenever it feels like.

You can also set rest days on the main training screen - before and/or after matches.

I know I'm probably being dense here, Neil, but in terms of this quote - I'm on the main training screen (the calendar type one) and I don't see any way of setting rest days. None of the days on the calendar have a drop down except the match day/start of week boxes where I can choose which training to employ.

Am I on the wrong screen or is there something I'm missing?

Could really do with this at the minute as my players are getting tired and doing it individually through the squad screen is a bit laborious.

Cheers,

D

Is there any way to stop the game from loading 'match report' automatically when I click on the results of the game? Most times I just want to see the match stats of the game and don't need the match report loaded

• Administrators
I know I'm probably being dense here, Neil, but in terms of this quote - I'm on the main training screen (the calendar type one) and I don't see any way of setting rest days. None of the days on the calendar have a drop down except the match day/start of week boxes where I can choose which training to employ.

Am I on the wrong screen or is there something I'm missing?

Could really do with this at the minute as my players are getting tired and doing it individually through the squad screen is a bit laborious.

Cheers,

D

Training Screen -> Team

Under 'Match Training' (near the top-right) you have a 'Default Focus' drop-down and next to that two check boxes for 'allow rest before match' and 'allow rest after match'

• Administrators
Is there any way to stop the game from loading 'match report' automatically when I click on the results of the game? Most times I just want to see the match stats of the game and don't need the match report loaded

No, but this is an issue we're aware of and looking into. Thanks.

Training Screen -> Team

Under 'Match Training' (near the top-right) you have a 'Default Focus' drop-down and next to that two check boxes for 'allow rest before match' and 'allow rest after match'

Hey man, cheers for the quick response.

Quite simply, I don't have those tick boxes!

I've image searched the team training screen and I can see the tick boxes you're referring to on another users screenshot, but they aren't there for my team.

Is the fact that I'm a part time team (Havant and Waterloo) relevant or would you say that this is a bug which needs raising?

Could someone else start a game with H+V and see if they get the ticks?

Cheers,

D

• SI Staff

Is the fact that I'm a part time team (Havant and Waterloo) relevant or would you say that this is a bug which needs raising?

Semi-pro and amateur teams don't have these tick boxes as they are not practising every day. You can still control the workload through the team intensity menu in the top left of the training screen (and the weekly intensities) to give the players an easier training schedule to allow more recovery.

Semi-pro and amateur teams don't have these tick boxes as they are not practising every day. You can still control the workload through the team intensity menu in the top left of the training screen (and the weekly intensities) to give the players an easier training schedule to allow more recovery.

Cheers Riz - That's what I've done so far and it seems to be levelling off the fitness issues.

Any chance someone could reply to my thread here too?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/319537-Responding-to-comments-about-your-team-chances

I know you're mega busy, but I love the media stuff and its accuracy is a big thing in my opinion.

Keep up the good work - looking forward to retail!

Archived