League 1 Thread - 2012/13

G-Man11

Team list for next season. Going to be very competitive.

Brentford or Yeovil

Bradford City

Bristol City

Carlisle United

Colchester United

Coventry City

Crawley Town

Crewe Alexandra

Gillingham

Leyton Orient

Milton Keynes Dons

Notts County

Oldham Athletic

Peterborough United

Port Vale

Preston North End

Rotherham

Sheffield United

Shrewsbury Town

Stevenage

Swindon Town

Tranmere

Walsall

Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty good.

Still doesn't look as good as the League One a few seasons ago.. when you had all of the likes of Charlton, Southampton, Norwich, Leeds, Millwall, Huddersfield etc. (can't remember what season it was of the top of my head)

I followed League One that season & was really into it (unsurprisingly, because of the big names/tasty games)

Edit: Just had a quick check and it was the 2009/10 season.

wPCN8WU.jpg

pxOVztJ.jpg

Yeah was looking at CovFans twitter yesterday to see what was going on' date=' it's just unbelievable. Would you support a splinter club reforming with the Ricoh under it's ownership?[/quote']

Well it depends what happens with the actual club but I wouldn't be against it. Would have no qualms about watching non-league football, don't really care what league cov are in so long as I can follow them. Cheaper tickets and new away grounds to boot.

Wolves should be a good away day as usual. Disappointed we didn't get another midlands team in Northampton though.

Seems Wolves are going for Schteve gives the rest of the division a chance anyway, would have walked the league had they gone for a good manager.

:D No we really wont/wouldnt. We will only be in this league for 1 season thought, start the march to league 2!:thup:

Is it me, or is there actually less people for the playoff final today than the league two final yesterday? It looks quite emptied on TV

Bradford have a decent following though, their average league attendance is about the same at Yeovil and Brentford combined.

Would you say Yeovil are a smaller club than Scunthorpe?

I've always thought Scunthorpe were a really small club with a really small fanbase, to get into the Championship in recent times.

I think they certainly have a smaller budget than Scunthorpe did either time that they were promoted. Their attendances are basically the same though -- although apart from this season I would say that Scunthorpe are slightly edging that department too.

Would you say Yeovil are a smaller club than Scunthorpe?

I've always thought Scunthorpe were a really small club with a really small fanbase, to get into the Championship in recent times.

You can't really argue with that, Adkins did a great job to get them up to the Championship, but like Yeovil the Championship was their Premiership.

I am stunned. I am numb. I cannot believe it. Extraordinary. Our annual playing budget is £950,000 for goodness sake. We are in the Championship. I will admit and will make no apology for the fact I had tears in my eyes. I still do.

Ten years ago we were non league. Fifteen years ago we were in the league below the Conference. We have no sugar daddy. We are skint. We are in the bloody Championship!!!

Genuinely feel for Brentford and especially Darren. Some good banter on here without ever crossing the line - The Bees WILL be back.

I am stunned. I am numb. I cannot believe it. Extraordinary. Our annual playing budget is £950,000 for goodness sake. We are in the Championship. I will admit and will make no apology for the fact I had tears in my eyes. I still do.

Ten years ago we were non league. Fifteen years ago we were in the league below the Conference. We have no sugar daddy. We are skint. We are in the bloody Championship!!!

Genuinely feel for Brentford and especially Darren. Some good banter on here without ever crossing the line - The Bees WILL be back.

I hope you get up to the prem eventually!! Congrats

Archived