Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC reporting that he has a slight groin strain.

Not that his participation in the game would prevent him from playing in the group stages with a different team anyway but perhaps it's an excuse for him to stay behind and discuss terms with another club?

Honestly not fussed if we only sign another one. Think Rodgers will improve the side enough for there to be a visible progression, then we can replace through attrition with 2-3 players a summer. I'd be more happy to see one or two leave. I've come around on Dempsey a fair bit.

7mill for Dempsey - very good business, good player.

8mill for Dempsey - ridiculous price, overpaid again, not good enough.

The margins are so small for many fans - for me I just would like to see him here because he's a bloody good player.

We should give some of the youngsters a chance tomorrow. Go something like:

Reina

Johnson - Carra - Agger - Robinson

Spearing

Henderson - Adam

Sterling - Morgan - Borini

Subs

Jones, Skrtel, Enrique, Gerrard, Cole, Downing, Flano

People need to be given a chance.

Borini hasn't travelled either due to being rested following Euro 2012.

Where is that posted? Just on the LFC Website there is an article which is saying he is preparing to make his debut.

To go back to the earlier discussion, I have no gripes with Rodgers and i'm a firm believer in FSG's intentions and vision. I just find the whole top end of the club incredibly naive. I think we're nowhere near as ambitious or proactive as we need to be to prevent yet more slipping.

7mill for Dempsey - very good business, good player.

8mill for Dempsey - ridiculous price, overpaid again, not good enough.

The margins are so small for many fans - for me I just would like to see him here because he's a bloody good player.

He got 19+ goals if I am right last season at an average club. £8m for him is a bargain IMO and think he would offer a lot more than some of the current midfielders there

Daily Mirror reporting Tottenham bidding £7.5m for Sterling. Considering they've also managed to mix up the GB Ladies Gymnastics team members I'll not hold my breath in terms of validity.

Rubbish, Sterling is not going to leave Liverpool for Tottenham, silly rumours

Looks like Suarez and Coates are coming home early at least.

Not exactly covering themselves in glory though are they? Coates been very shaky and that was a bad tackle on Cleverley.

Suarez makes me wonder how many chances he needed to score those 49 goals for Ajax. I'm guessing around 250.

£8m for Dempsey is a bargain IMO and think he would offer a lot more than some of the current midfielders there

£8m for a 29yr old in the last year of his contract??

I don't think Sterling is going to Spurs because a. There's no evidence that Spurs want him, b. He's closer to our first team than he would be theirs and c. We don't want to sell him and I doubt Spurs would want to pay so much money for a child.

Brett is coming from the angle that Spurs can take Liverpool players/sign players over us. Might be true at this moment in time so happy to sit back and let him enjoy the feeling.

I know him personally and he is settled at Liverpool now. It was just rumours being brought uo again when he was originally unsettled. He is in the first team picture at Liverpool now and likes Rodgers plans for the club

Rumours that he was the father with numerous amount of girls which started on twitter a while back this is when the stories of him being unsettled and wanted to leave started to appear.

Looking at our first 11 I think we have 8 players that are quality and good enough to get us in champions league but we lack 3 quali midfieldes or 2 quality midfieldes plus a striker, quality in depth is the other thing holding us back.

Reports in Italy are reporting Alberto Aquilani will be going to Fiorentina in exchange for Juan Manuel Vargas. I never seen him play is he an attacking central midfielder?

He's a tall left-winger around 6'1/6'2 don't know much about him though.

Rumours that he was the father with numerous amount of girls which started on twitter a while back this is when the stories of him being unsettled and wanted to leave started to appear.

Looking at our first 11 I think we have 8 players that are quality and good enough to get us in champions league but we lack 3 quali midfieldes or 2 quality midfieldes plus a striker, quality in depth is the other thing holding us back.

Well yes some of it is true, and he recieved torrents of abuse originally and because he was on another level to most people in the reserves but still not being recognsied it began to frustrate him . His whole family also moved from NW London up to Kirby so that in itself shows he is staying. He realizes that if he focuses on the football and clean up off the field problems at Liverpool he can be a legend there. Surprising that because when he was at QPR he was knuckled down and I never thought he would allow anything off the pitch to interrupt with his football, guess I was wrong but neither the less still has performed brilliantly and believe he is knuckled down on his football now. Despite his small frame which decieves people, his balance is brilliant though and believe he will have a huge impact

I reckon with the addition of Dempsey and Ramirez from what I have seen will be a top signing will help Liverpool for a top four challenge :thup:

I don't doubt sterling will be a great player he reminds me of John Barnes I the way he plays. I think he would be good to have off the bench for the last 20 minutes rather than start with him at the moment.

Sterling is stronger than most people realise, he won't be knocked off the ball as easily as people think. Thanks for the insight on sterling :)

I don't doubt sterling will be a great player he reminds me of John Barnes I the way he plays. I think he would be good to have off the bench for the last 20 minutes rather than start with him at the moment.

Sterling is stronger than most people realise, he won't be knocked off the ball as easily as people think. Thanks for the insight on sterling :)

No probs :)

To go back to the earlier discussion, I have no gripes with Rodgers and i'm a firm believer in FSG's intentions and vision. I just find the whole top end of the club incredibly naive. I think we're nowhere near as ambitious or proactive as we need to be to prevent yet more slipping.

Exactly this. I don't think the problem is with the owners or with Rodgers, but elsewhere behind the scenes. Ian Ayre is terrible for starters.

Vargas used to be one of the best Left wingbacks/Left wingers around. Don't know how he's been recently.
He's a tall left-winger around 6'1/6'2 don't know much about him though.

World Class crosser of the ball. Good shot as well but can be a bit selfish/play with his head down.

Err, the first leg of the Europa League qualifier isn't on ESPN. Its on Premier Sports :/
If anyone's interested we've secured Liverpool’s two home Europa League ties on 2 or 9 August and 23 or 30 August and a friendly against Bayer Leverkeusen at Anfield on 12 August.

By we, I mean ESPN.

Ah, just the home legs on TV.

Archived