Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the £35m/40m bid we would have dismissed out of hand will now look a lot more attractive to us in the summer after this tbh.

We wont list him, payment of his new contract signing on fee would have to be paid but i see Suarez himself requesting one, quoting " hounded out, blah, blah, etc "

Be lucky to get £25m for him now in all fairness. He comes with too much baggage.

Oh well, FA said 3 game ban is not enough, will be at least a 5 game ban, meaning that he has played his last game for us.

Superb ability but apparently has no morals when he steps onto a football pitch.

He was well marshalled yesterday by the Chelsea RB whose name I'm not even going to try and spell correctly. I think he recognised you can't let him turn, drift inside and get his head up with the ball because his passing will kill you. So he closed him down really hard every time Coutinho received the ball close to the touchline and gave him very little space to do what he's good at in.

We wont list him, payment of his new contract signing on fee would have to be paid but i see Suarez himself requesting one, quoting " hounded out, blah, blah, etc "

Be lucky to get £25m for him now in all fairness. He comes with too much baggage.

Oh well, FA said 3 game ban is not enough, will be at least a 5 game ban, meaning that he has played his last game for us.

Superb ability but apparently has no morals when he steps onto a football pitch.

Don't be silly. :D

How are people saying that the Cantona situation is a precedent. It's completely different.

Think they're talking more about the way the respective clubs dealt with one of their players doing something ****ing mental. Obviously completely different actions, but United did deal with it fairly well from what I can remember.

Gary Neville talking more sense than the majority of so-called Liverpool fans in this thread. Says it all.
Says that he's paid to do it and the people on here aren't, so it's right that he should have the more sensible view!

Thought we were gonna be ok for strikers next season, but to be without Suarez for the first 6 games has put a spanner in the works.

Sign someone else or make do with Sturridge, Borini, and (probably not) Carroll?

That's what he's about. He loves to be the main man in a team; not stuck out wide or on the bench. He's got his big chance to prove to us all, now.
I hope he can step up. Would be good to see him firing as he did when he came on the other day.
Biting worse than racism then.

Will accept the ban but the fa really need to sit down and fix their rules.

I don't think that's the case here. The FA need to sort themselves out but i don't think it's as simple as biting worse than racism.

Far more likely that they've simply added on extra games because of Suarez's history of misdemeanours.

He's already done his time for previous misdemeanours, this ban should only be about this incident.

Will only miss 4 league games next season due to us playing a round earlier in the C1C (assuming we don't somehow qualify for Europa)

edit - that's also assuming we win the first game.

Posted this also in the ban thread, but I am too am looking forward to the FA breakdown of this. Especially as Defoe was not punished at all for biting Mascherano a few years back...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-412157/Mascherano-rages-FA-punish-Defoe.html

If the FA were that hot on biting they could have thrown the book at Defoe but used "the referee saw something" excuse, but surely if Suarez is extreme circumstances then so was Defoe. I`m a West Ham fan but I feel sorry for Suarez in all of this. Sure ban him till the end of the season, but a 10 game ban is just ridiculous.

Archived