Neil Brock

What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

1,699 posts in this topic

PRE set Man Marking like we already can pre set OIs so you dont have to do it all the time and it is also very helpfull when you play with Instant Result

In FM12 after I won European championship with San marino (2024) and reached top spot in world ranking all the dual nationality players would 'want to wait their chance with San Marino before committing to Italy' or 'Doesn't want to play for italy'. It takes that kind of turnaround, but then it's better than winning the World Cup :)

I do like your No.2 especially if you're manager of both club and country of those players and possibly their favorite staff. Something like 'Play for our NT and I'll make you first choice for the club/raise your wages/make you captain'... of course if you break your promise the players could retire from international football... would be a nice feat to have for us fans of club & country challenges

Interesting, have you noted this on more recent iterations, as I have noticed it quite hard to sway DN players regardless of our rating or reputation.

Also why can't I see what roles my players were playing after the match has ended? I hate it when I acidentally stumble upon a good configuration during a match and then if I can't remember what I clicked, the formation is lost. It's a minor thing but it keeps happening, I hope in future FM's we'll be able to see what roles were being used at the end of a match.

I would love to see a change in the manager creation section. not so much with the appearance of the manager but his/her history. I think it would be amazing to be able to make up your past career stats. who you previously played for, appearance's you made for that club, goal scored. this could maybe affect the club your managing at.

for example, if I put that I played for Liverpool for 20 years, and I got the position as manager at the club, I could be seen as a club icon. I think it would be good to look back at your history maybe after 30 years in management and see a career of 50 years playing and managing

I would like more flexibility in interacting with the director of football. I would like to ask him to sign someone in a specific position (note that I do NOT mean the current system where he suggests three players, and then you pick). I'd like to give each position and role a specific weight, or a request. I.e. "sign me a DMC-Regista". Preferably though I'd just like to set a priority for positions and roles so that if I don't want him to sign anyone I can just set all of the weights to 0.

Also, there still is frequently not enough information when signing a player is unsuccessful. The DoF just says it failed with no reason.

@FootballManager In the next FMM17, can you please put overall like in the FIFA and put portugues

Interesting, have you noted this on more recent iterations, as I have noticed it quite hard to sway DN players regardless of our rating or reputation.

I haven't gone that far with SM challenge in recent editions but I'd imagine it's the same as other 'rules' also seem the same (at first DN players accept the call-up only when they turn 22, or 24 if the were previously called-up by Italy U19/21). Win a major tournament and they'll be yours ;)

My biggest gripe with FM is that the game is out of date by the time it comes out and things like Chelsea's plight/Leicester success is never reflected when you begin a game.

If you can't create an up-to-date league standing/start date, my request is to manually create your own start date in the game and the ability to manually input the results up to that starting point.

I haven't gone that far with SM challenge in recent editions but I'd imagine it's the same as other 'rules' also seem the same (at first DN players accept the call-up only when they turn 22, or 24 if the were previously called-up by Italy U19/21). Win a major tournament and they'll be yours ;)

But I have won the World Cup :)

In future version I'd like to see a match engine that was properly tested in-house and that worked from day 1. I'm tired of obviously buggy games being released and worse still remaining such despite several patches over many, many months. In the past developers had to release games with a bit of polish as they arrived on disk and there was no facility available to patch them. How about the revolutionary idea of realising the game when it is ready, rather than 'because that's the time of year we always release the game'?

This is the first version of FM that I have effectively given up on half way through. In the past I had to tear myself away from my save to start again with a new version. Next year however if I decide to buy the game I'll be waiting until long after it's out - probably after the inevitable 3rd patch to try it out. I resent being treated like a cash cow who is expected to cough-up every year but is derided when pointing out obvious recurring problems that never seem to get addressed.

My biggest gripe with FM is that the game is out of date by the time it comes out and things like Chelsea's plight/Leicester success is never reflected when you begin a game.

If you can't create an up-to-date league standing/start date, my request is to manually create your own start date in the game and the ability to manually input the results up to that starting point.

I like idea of this as a way to also create challenge save files / databases and could possibly add a lot to the community. It could become part of he in game editor, so you have the ability to select the match day first, followed by wins draws and losses, this then allocates the total points a team has available. You then have the ability to input for and against and head to head results (optional).

You could then have challenges such as holding the lead as Leicester and continuing into the Champions league, saving Aston Villa from relegation, or coming from behind to win the title with Real Madrid.

The other leagues would need to have randomly generated results as it is a lot of information to input manually though

If the game was 64-bit, could we load a larger number of leagues without seeing such a slowdown in turn times?

If the game was 64-bit, could we load a larger number of leagues without seeing such a slowdown in turn times?

Unlikely given that processing is affected by the processor, not the amount of RAM a system can address.

In future version I'd like to see a match engine that was properly tested in-house and that worked from day 1. I'm tired of obviously buggy games being released and worse still remaining such despite several patches over many, many months. In the past developers had to release games with a bit of polish as they arrived on disk and there was no facility available to patch them. How about the revolutionary idea of realising the game when it is ready, rather than 'because that's the time of year we always release the game'?

This is the first version of FM that I have effectively given up on half way through. In the past I had to tear myself away from my save to start again with a new version. Next year however if I decide to buy the game I'll be waiting until long after it's out - probably after the inevitable 3rd patch to try it out. I resent being treated like a cash cow who is expected to cough-up every year but is derided when pointing out obvious recurring problems that never seem to get addressed.

The match engine felt best on release this year, getting worse as time went on.

One area I would like to see changed is the loan system, and specifically the introduction of Youth Loans. An example of this is my club Birmingham City have a young player called Luke Maxwell that we signed from Kidderminster and loaned back. Under the terms of a youth loan, he can come back and train and play in U21 matches for Birmingham. I'd be more tempted to loan my young players out for long periods if they could still play U21 / U18 games, as well as occasionally training too. More info on youth loans is in section 53.3 here http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Guys,

I REALLY think this idea will bring FM to the next level.

You remember the games like, Player Manager or Ultimate Soccer Manager?

PLEASE have a HOME screen which shows a birds eye view of your club and surrounding buildings, i.e training ground, offices, club shop etc.

every RPG player like myself, LOVE visuals, interaction and to see your club/player/city grow.

North Stand being rebuilt? your home screen will show graphically this taking place! over the weeks you will ACTUALLY SEE your stand improve.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but it would be cool if you could agree to join a club (whilst already managing a club) at a later point in the future. Much like in real life with Guardiola and him joining Man City in the summer.

You can do so. There are two options - delay by a week or delay until the end of the season, when there is less than a third of the season remaining.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/456149-Can-you-apply-for-a-job-to-start-at-the-end-of-the-season

I would like more flexibility in interacting with the director of football. I would like to ask him to sign someone in a specific position (note that I do NOT mean the current system where he suggests three players, and then you pick). I'd like to give each position and role a specific weight, or a request. I.e. "sign me a DMC-Regista". Preferably though I'd just like to set a priority for positions and roles so that if I don't want him to sign anyone I can just set all of the weights to 0.

Also, there still is frequently not enough information when signing a player is unsuccessful. The DoF just says it failed with no reason.

Adding on to this request, I would like to be able to tell the DoF "negotiate this offer" when a transfer offer comes in for a player. I want to be able to decide whether or not to listen to an offer and negotiate it, but I don't actually want to do any of the negotiating.

I realize that after the fact I can cancel the transfer before it goes through but I don't like doing it that way.

Player histories after the winter transfer update.

I'd like if players histories from ongoing season were not added because they always appear as 0 appareances. F.e. I start a new save from July 2015 and my player Giannelli Imbula has been a Marseille player until 30/6/2015 and is a Stoke player from 1/7/2015 onwards, but somehow in the middle he was a Porto player and they even managed to make a 5m profit of him. If I start a season lets say from March 2016 the history would still show 0 appareances at Porto even though he's played something like 20 games there, so I don't see a point adding those histories as they always appear invalid anyway. It's a small thing but somehow irritates me.

One thing that will be easy to implement and that would be great is a split view with 3 panels.

As the screen resolution become increasingly bigger, there is so much free space in the split view. In my case a 1920x1080 resolution could easily handle another panel.

It would be a great addition to have a split view like: Overview/Match stats/Team information.

And when there was a highlight the field would show in 2 panels (2 on the left or the 2 on the right).

Would love to see an additional condition when searching staff, the knowledge of a particular league/nation. I spend lots of time checking profiles of staff members to see their knowledge when O look to expand our club scouting knowledge (right now I use the 'language spoken' condition but it's not ideal). This option would be VERY useful for me.

I'd like it if far more players had high potential, but just failed to reach it. At the moment, it's frustrating getting a new bunch of youth players each season at a Premiership team, and some seasons you instantly know that literally none of them will EVER have the ability to be good enough for the Premiership - there is no way a club would have kept these players till they were 16 if they didn't have at least a chance of becoming a good player. The potential rating at the moment makes it too easy to assemble a team of the future to dominate for years to come.

I'd like there to be far more preferred moves. Most players don't have any, but in real life the preferred moves of players are what make them special and different. At the moment sometimes I want to change my team up, but it feels like too many players don't really offer anything too different.

Lastly, this is probably going to be unpopular, but I think the stats are too precise. A rating out of 20 is unrealistic, and personally I'd prefer something more vague. For example, i've probably seen Kyle Walker play about 50 times in my life, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to rate him out of 20 for anticipation, stamina, bravery, beyond anything other than descriptive words like 'excellent' or 'very good'. If you want to make a realistic management game, this would be the way to do it, rather than scouting a player and seeing a mark of 14 for anticipation and thinking 'hmm, I really need someone with 15 or above'.

I know it's old ground, but if the manager cannot invest his earnings; what is the point of his salary unless being less sacakable?

I'd like it if far more players had high potential, but just failed to reach it. At the moment, it's frustrating getting a new bunch of youth players each season at a Premiership team, and some seasons you instantly know that literally none of them will EVER have the ability to be good enough for the Premiership - there is no way a club would have kept these players till they were 16 if they didn't have at least a chance of becoming a good player. The potential rating at the moment makes it too easy to assemble a team of the future to dominate for years to come.

I have been a fan of something similar, but more based around a longer time period before giving them their final PA to encourage you to watch them more often and sign them based on performance.

Most times, once the team comes in, you sign all the players you want from that intake on the first opportunity. The remaining months of their trial, you know who is going home, because you have all the information pretty early in the piece. Some players may impress and encourage a signing, but generally, you aren't offering contracts as their trials expire.

I would like to see the initial intake screen, where they list the players and who the standouts are, if any, but leave the potential as rather high, if not maximum or unknown. As they play trials / under 19s, etc, the PA and CA start to appear from vague to more defined, with the final output coming a week prior to the trial period ending.

This means you have to sign players based on form or the current state of your / coaches scouting of them.

I.e. this intake, Player X is considered one of the best in his generation. Player Y and Z also did will in the academy and should be followed.

When looking at the intake, these 3 have their PA revealed as 4.5-6

The remaining have either nothing or a rating of 5 or so for PA. As they play trials, their form dictates and helps mold their PA.

So when Player A has 7.34 after 7 trials, he is considered a 4.5 star potential

When Player B has a 6.33 after 5 trials, he is considered a 2.5 star potential

As these players obviously come through an academy and have had some exposure to your coaches or yourself, it is understandable to know a few of the standouts, but the rest are still young enough to either impress or get better or fail and fall. making this a bit more dynamic and drawn out means there could be more "potential" that fails to live up to the hype, as well as some hidden gems who just didn't perform when trialing, but scrapped by until they had a bit more maturity.

When you take over the reigns at a new club and you bring your assistant manager with you it would be good if the meetings change tone and language. They introduce themselves as if you have never met them and ask questions in the same way. Perhaps it could be expedited by them simply asking whether you want to implement the same settings as at the previous club?

Just a small thing but during a testimonial the player being honored should be a forced selection unless injured and they should be made captain & penalty taker for the game. This would add more realism to the feature.

The most important feature that should be added in FM17, is the option to see our players training our new made up tactics before a match. This will give us a good understanding on what we need to change, instead of getting frustrated during matches.

I know I didn't explained that much, but you get the idea.

I really hope the developers see this, its really important

And maybe some screaming commentators

Just a small thing but during a testimonial the player being honored should be a forced selection unless injured and they should be made captain & penalty taker for the game. This would add more realism to the feature.

The option for them to change sides at half time if the testimonial is against a favourite club or a club they played at for an extended period of time during their careers. I had a testimonial for a player who played for 10 seasons at both us, and about 8 at the club in the testimonial. It would of been nice to see him play for them at the half.

Allowing current / retired players to participate, that are still in the database that used to play alongside the player at either of the clubs in the fixture. It may only be players who are in favoured personnel or player for a set number of games / seasons together.

Would be a nice touch and make it a bit more than just a run of the mill friendly to see players come together for a one of game in testimony to a player.

I know it's old ground, but if the manager cannot invest his earnings; what is the point of his salary unless being less sacakable?

That is the point of the manager salaries.

I'd like press conferences to include "Popovich" tone:

Seriously though, I'd like the stats screens on players to include greater detail. OK, so my central defender averages 9.6 interceptions per game; where does that place him in comparison to the rest of the division or (more to the point) the average defender in the division. Right now I have to go back between the player screen and the competition screen to try to figure it out, and even then I can only determine his absolute ranking, not whether it's better or worse than average.

(or if that is possible, I haven't found it)

Sports Interactive should make a golf manager or a cricket manager both sports are popular with many people

Lastly, this is probably going to be unpopular, but I think the stats are too precise. A rating out of 20 is unrealistic, and personally I'd prefer something more vague. For example, i've probably seen Kyle Walker play about 50 times in my life, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to rate him out of 20 for anticipation, stamina, bravery, beyond anything other than descriptive words like 'excellent' or 'very good'. If you want to make a realistic management game, this would be the way to do it, rather than scouting a player and seeing a mark of 14 for anticipation and thinking 'hmm, I really need someone with 15 or above'.

You can turn on graphical display if you don't like the numbers, but they're a lot easier to work with that 5 or 6 different phrases would be when applied to every player in every professional football league in the world.

You can turn on graphical display if you don't like the numbers, but they're a lot easier to work with that 5 or 6 different phrases would be when applied to every player in every professional football league in the world.

are you talking about the 'fog of war' option, or is this something else?

I guess I'm just kind of tired of FM doing the same things every year, I wish there was a different management to challenge it, as at the moment I feel like FM doesn't need to do anything as they're the only game in town, so to speak. Years ago there would lots of different management games with different features, but that's sadly not the case any more.

Try the view that I linked in my post.

What swansgongs' referencing is a setting in the UI preferences to display attributes as a bar, it still has the same 1-20 scale but without focusing it's tougher to spot the difference between a 14 or 15 value, my option takes that knowledge away & groups attributes into fields.

Can we please have an option to look at the league rules of a league you want to start a career in before creating the database. I don't want to create a database and then find out the league rules, so having an option prior to league creation would be very helpful.

regards

fmfan74

Cloud based gaming would be good. When I'm away from home at work or something it would be really nice to have an app where I could player search or save a match for analysis and just replay the match on my phone. Or an app that lets you look through your squad, look at player profiles see how they're getting on and maybe some pre-match analysis of the next opponent so that when I come home I've had them scouted and I've pre planned my tactics from my phone.

I've been hoping for a phone app that links with your saved game for a while now and would definitely pay money for it as I am sure a lot of hardcore fans of the series would...we need fm wherever we go and not all of us can carry around tablets!

Sports Interactive should make a golf manager or a cricket manager both sports are popular with many people

Golf Manager would be ridiculous because it's very much a solo sport. I'd love to see them do an NFL version of the game but I know licensing is an issue with that. Cricket would be ok I guess as well.

Cricket Captain used to be an excellent management sim, I haven't played it in a number of years though so not sure how it stacks up these days.

Just found regen player age of 16 named Jack Shakespeare :D. 5 star potential even.

Cricket Captain used to be an excellent management sim, I haven't played it in a number of years though so not sure how it stacks up these days.

I haven't owned one since about 2011 but a friend of mine let me borrow last years version. It's good and it has the right ideas but it doesn't have the depth of FM. There's a lack of fan and board input and it's very much based on how good their batting/bowling averages are as to whether you should play them. The 2015 version was lots better than the older ones and each format of the game seems to have been separated out more. I remember before it was hard in the T20 format to post big scores because the mentalities of batsmen was the same as in a 4 day game. Now you get more boundaries by default which is nice. There's plenty of potential in the game.

It has occurred to me that the game could be more immersive if the relationships within the game could be more dynamic.

For example, a player naturally generates relationships with players and Managers, good or bad, just by playing the game, and in set piece press conferences there are limited responses you can make, if asked about those relationships. However, either pre-game or by using the in-game editor you can create your own relationships, favourite player, disliked club etc. The problem is that the game does not recognise or respond to those relationships. In my case, I list my favourite team as Hayes & Yeading, (currently performing poorly in the Vanarama South). As Spurs manager, I go and watch one of their games, and afterwards up comes a message saying I was seen at the game, but know one had a clue why. If the relationships were linked, the response would be that, for example, he is known as a life long supporter of the club and goes to their games whenever his busy schedule allows, similar to the response you currently get in the game if you go and watch your country play.

Similarly, if one of my strong relationships is a fellow Manager, I should be approached from time to time to comment on his success, sacking etc. If I am successful perhaps up will pop a message from, let's say, Arsene Wenger, saying well done for winning the FA Cup with Spurs this season,:lol: or sacked, a message of commiseration. The human manager could also generate his own contact with a friendly manager. I'm not suggesting that you should be able to contact every player who ever liked you, but if the relationship is particularly strong with a manager this type of contact would add to the game.

So basically, the game should recognise your relationships, and generate responses and reactions to those relationships.

I don't know how difficult, technically, this would be, but it would, in my view, add more realism and fun to the game.

Manager

- Option to create a player history before you start a game would be great.

- Option to send yourself on a language course, which would come out of your own wages.

Interaction

- I'd like Rebranding to be added to the meeting subjects in Board Requests. Under this we could request to change the club logo, kit colours or stadium name.

- Not sure if this is already in, but if a player dives I wanted to be able to speak to him about it or discipline him.

- A few years ago we could speak about managers, commenting on their transfers, award wins, etc. I want that brought back, instead of having to wait for the media to ask me.

- We need to able to talk about referees more, it hardly ever comes up in press conferences. We should be able to go to their profile, select interaction and praise/criticise them for various things like penalty decisions, card decisions, number of fouls awarded, etc. If it results in a fine or ban, so be it.

Morale

- First of all, Christmas parties need to be in and they should lift morale. If the team isn't performing, then we can cancel them, which might upset some players but could also have a positive affect too.

- People talk about spending wages on houses, yachts, etc. but that's just silly imo. Spending it on a dinner or some other activity with your team to improve morale or your relationship with the players, that could be useful.

- Someone else mentioned the preferred squad number, and I agree, it should boost a player's morale if you give him the shirt.

Other

- Speaking of squad numbers, a lot of people don't like this but I think the option to retire one should be there.

- I suspect most of the big issues with the ME have been covered in this thread, one small thing I'd really like to see is the skill animations brought back. I miss the stepovers :(

- I'd like a bit more controversy added to the game. We have players turning up late to training, but I want to see smoking, gambling & partying scandals. Just give me more reasons to fine players.

1) When you get your loan report if the players could be separated based on the league they are playing in. That would be helpful in determining who I should be taking a harder look at.

i.e My loan player at Bradford in League 2. It's not as important that I keep track of how he's travelling. However my striker at Championship side Norwich who is killing it midseason and might do well to be introduced into my first team...

Strictly just ease of use this request is.

2) With all the proposals that come in for loan and transfer. Can we have an option to reject loan requests where the player is going to be anything less then a first teamer. At present you can only reject all proposals.

I like to see altitude affecting away team players condition in South America(Bolivia, Eduador and etc). Away team players will start the game with -5 to -10 off their match condition or their match condition should drain faster than the home team.

Secondly, teams who played on artificial turf should have a higher risk of getting injured.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_turf#Injuries

Two good ideas that would add the level of realism without most users even realising they were part of the game code.

Might be worth finding data related to Soccer for the injury suggestion, Wiki only refers to research of NFL injuries & let's be honest the risk of injury is already significantly higher a sport where the primary object is full contact.

At least that should be true for the fields marked as "old type synthetic".

I think it'd be a great feature to be able to see more than one game at once.

It's the last fixture of the season and you're depending on other results.

While you play your match you're dying to see the other games, it'd be great to have a "multiple screen" feature.