Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
wwfan

Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Wavelberry said:

Okay cool. Makes sense there. Personally I think they lack an ability to think or kick a ball properly more than their fitness being lacking but I guess that's why I'm the Manager and he's only the assistant.

Also it's been reported as a bug iirc :) the fitness recommendation thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted about this in the FM18 bug forum to the sound of crickets, so thought I'd give it a go here. I'm managing Spurs and every single game in England has been rain. It is now spring 2018 and the rain has not let up. Scratch that, it let up in December for a couple games to let the sleet in. But otherwise, rain, rain, rain. Rain. Nothing but rain. Rain. Did I mention the rain? Just wanted to know if anyone else is having this issue? I'm not exaggerating, I've looked back at every fixture and it has been rainy. I'm pretty sure by 2019 the entire British Isles will be submerged and we will be playing with scuba gear. Oh, and to make this tactically relevant: what would one do in this scenario of perpetual rain? Go direct? I’m just ignoring it and sticking with my normal tactics, and it works fine but I wonder if it’s sub-optimal.

Edited by Argonaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question regarding board interaction when it comes to paying for coaches to study for badges. There is 2 option you can choose to interact with which to me both seem the same. Either you can choose to "We should improve the quality coaching at the club by finding a course for ...." and there is " We should fund a course for (insert name) to help him improve as a coach". Call me silly but arent they both kinda saying the same thing?

 

EDIT; butchered up your original post trying to edit out the longer quote in my reply to this- sorry :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all

Is there a downside to using role AND individual focus training?

Or should I just be choosing one/alternating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leccy said:

Hi all

Is there a downside to using role AND individual focus training?

Or should I just be choosing one/alternating?

It's fine to use both. Just beware of the increased workload that's all really as it could cause more injuries. Also less professional players might moan more than a professional player due to having extra stuff to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stoned_assasin said:

I have a question regarding board interaction when it comes to paying for coaches to study for badges. There is 2 option you can choose to interact with which to me both seem the same. Either you can choose to "We should improve the quality coaching at the club by finding a course for ...." and there is " We should fund a course for (insert name) to help him improve as a coach". Call me silly but arent they both kinda saying the same thing?

 

 

I've always seen it as two slightly different ways to coax the board- they ARE pretty much the same thing and to be honest I haven't worked out which one to use with which type of board except to notice that sometimes one will work where the other won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having problems creating chances while playing offensive mentality, while creating more with defensiv. I play with Racing Santander, and I'm in my 4th season, looking to get promoted to La Liga. Anything very wrong with this tactic? And does anyone have some tips for how to play more offensive football without becoming vaunrable in the back? I've started the season ok, but cant seem to find the best tactic. 

 

Uten navn.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Laze said:

I'm having problems creating chances while playing offensive mentality, while creating more with defensiv. I play with Racing Santander, and I'm in my 4th season, looking to get promoted to La Liga. Anything very wrong with this tactic? And does anyone have some tips for how to play more offensive football without becoming vaunrable in the back? I've started the season ok, but cant seem to find the best tactic. 

 

Uten navn.png

This is too much for the question and answer thread. First and best option is to get into the 4-2-3-1 thread started by Cleon and post up your tactic in there where there is already a lively an ongoing discussion. If that isn't of help to you, then a separate thread for your tactic is the route to travel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The medical center is great but also slightly unsettling :rolleyes:

If I switch midseason from a "Balanced" General Training to "Ball Control" immediately there is a warning of an increased injury risk for most of my players.

Regarding this I've got two questions:

  1. The warning suggests a huge risk factor. Is this so or is the increase only slightly?
  2. Why is "Ball Control" more demanding than "Balanced"?
    I always thought that only "Fitness" is more demanding and  the rest is more or less the same   :eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hansaplast said:

The medical center is great but also slightly unsettling :rolleyes:

If I switch midseason from a "Balanced" General Training to "Ball Control" immediately there is a warning of an increased injury risk for most of my players.

Regarding this I've got two questions:

  1. The warning suggests a huge risk factor. Is this so or is the increase only slightly?
  2. Why is "Ball Control" more demanding than "Balanced"?
    I always thought that only "Fitness" is more demanding and  the rest is more or less the same   :eek:

My awnser would be assistant handeling. :-p Sure some UEFA-coaches know the awnser...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this is considered a "training question" but honestly, I couldn't find any more suitable thread.

When I go into the team report in FM Touch, it tells me there is room for improvement on the coaching team. But I can't change the coachs in FMT. I can change the assistant, but he has 4 out of 5 stars, which seems more than ok. Is "assistant" what they mean by that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a CM-a with ‘roam from position’ act as a central winger? Ideally i’d ask him to run wide with ball but I’ve realised this isn’t possible for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens when you play someone wide on the wrong foot? Will they naturally look to come inside despite role instructions?

I've been trying to test (FM17) wrong-footed wingers to see if they're playing like wingers or a hybrid winger-IF (coming inside sometimes but not as often as an IF). Players with cut inside PPM seem to act more like a hybrid, while normal players just seem less effective. Just trying to make sense of what I'm seeing and wondering if anyone has a simple answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jc577 said:

Would a CM-a with ‘roam from position’ act as a central winger? Ideally i’d ask him to run wide with ball but I’ve realised this isn’t possible for some reason.

Not really, no because roaming doesn't work in a set way. Where the player goes is down to space available, tactical settings, and his own attributes. You might consider the new carrilero role if you want a central player to regularly look to go out wide. I don't think it is exactly what you are looking for, but it would be closer than a CM/A with roaming on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cal585 said:

What happens when you play someone wide on the wrong foot? Will they naturally look to come inside despite role instructions?

I've been trying to test (FM17) wrong-footed wingers to see if they're playing like wingers or a hybrid winger-IF (coming inside sometimes but not as often as an IF). Players with cut inside PPM seem to act more like a hybrid, while normal players just seem less effective. Just trying to make sense of what I'm seeing and wondering if anyone has a simple answer.

It is the role/duty you are using him in that dictates the basic behavior. A "wrong" footed winger will generally be less effective in the out an out winger role as you've seen because the role is telling him to stay wide, and cross the ball in. The new inverted winger on attack duty might answer for you with wrong footed player where you don't necessarily want an IF. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that this has been reported in the Bugs forum, but has anyone found a way to counter this scenario? :

Opposition has a free kick out wide half way inside your half and instead of knocking it into the box, knocks it sideways to an unmarked player lurking outside the box. The defensive options available are to stay back, form wall, stay forward and man mark.  I have tried all options to man mark, as this appears to be the way to counter this, but it appears to be not working.  Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FrazT said:

I know that this has been reported in the Bugs forum, but has anyone found a way to counter this scenario? :

Opposition has a free kick out wide half way inside your half and instead of knocking it into the box, knocks it sideways to an unmarked player lurking outside the box. The defensive options available are to stay back, form wall, stay forward and man mark.  I have tried all options to man mark, as this appears to be the way to counter this, but it appears to be not working.  Any thoughts?

As you say, it's clearly a bug. There's nothing we can tweak to sort this. For me whatever free-kick defending set up I organise (lots of man-marking), the players all just stand in a straight line nowhere near any oppo players. I just have to suck it up :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aksi92 said:

How? Be more expressive could help?

Yes, plus roam from position, certain roles, the shout, plus raising the tempo to ping the ball around quicker than the oppo can respond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just come back to FMT from FMM...  I want to play a counter attack formation in every game and just tinker depending on who I am playing.  Just as a quick guide what team instructions are a must and which are a defo no, just to give me a base to work off then I can play around with player roles.

If it matters I am going to play 4-3-3-Wide so probably 3 in midfield in a line, single striker and two out wide.

Thanks Ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what "Weak Influence" means on the Tactical Analysis Screen in FM18?

  I win most of my matches and score a lot of goals and concede about 1.5/match.

I play a 4-2-3-1 Wide if that helps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In FM17 is it possible to set up match preparation focus as an international management. I concede loads from set pieces and so my assistant manager tells me to prepare on defending set pieces but I can't find where I can set this as there is no training screen in international management.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm often finding myself with players in better condition than the team we're playing. What do I do to take advantage? Up the tempo? 

Worth noting that I'm in LLM so my players aren't the best technically 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beardymouse said:

I'm often finding myself with players in better condition than the team we're playing. What do I do to take advantage? Up the tempo? 

Worth noting that I'm in LLM so my players aren't the best technically 

Same here, and I'm not scared of playing at a high tempo.  I never see any real effect of players on either side dropping to the 50s or even below.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Wondering what "Weak Influence" means on the Tactical Analysis Screen in FM18?

  I win most of my matches and score a lot of goals and concede about 1.5/match.

I play a 4-2-3-1 Wide if that helps

If you click on it, it'll take you to the analysis page and tell you which player is a weak influence on your performance.

It's usually rubbish, though. The guy who's currently the "weak influence" on my attacking play is not meant to contribute to good attacking play. He's there to run his socks off for the team. And the analysis is highlighting two shots off target from the last five matches combined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 20:17, brookie1402 said:

In FM17 is it possible to set up match preparation focus as an international management. I concede loads from set pieces and so my assistant manager tells me to prepare on defending set pieces but I can't find where I can set this as there is no training screen in international management.

Any help with this. I've read that it should be possible to set up match preparation focus but I can't find where. It isn't on the tactics screen or on any news items I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/11/2017 at 01:53, Dr. Hook said:

It is the role/duty you are using him in that dictates the basic behavior. A "wrong" footed winger will generally be less effective in the out an out winger role as you've seen because the role is telling him to stay wide, and cross the ball in. The new inverted winger on attack duty might answer for you with wrong footed player where you don't necessarily want an IF. 

Sorry for the lack of reply! I appreciate the response :) 

I was trying to find a way between alternating between a right-footed and left-footed player on the same side without changing how my team plays every other game but I've since stuck to switching between the 2 roles and haven't had any problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very generic question: how do I keep the ball?

It's my third save, and every single game of those 3 saves, I've been told that "we're losing the ball a lot in the midfield" and "we can't keep the ball in the opponent's half".
I've tried different 4-2-1-3, 4-3-3, a few 4-4-2, a 5-2-3. I've tried all sort of player. All sort of opponents.
Of course, my first instinct is: "Keep the ball", "Play shorter passes". Yes, but no. Doesn't work. Even without any instructions (by that, I mean just the defaut ones on a "normal" approach), I get that, and I don't play reckless or fast or risky.
I have ball players in the midfield too, they aren't bad with their feet at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Romano338 said:

Very generic question: how do I keep the ball?

It's my third save, and every single game of those 3 saves, I've been told that "we're losing the ball a lot in the midfield" and "we can't keep the ball in the opponent's half".
I've tried different 4-2-1-3, 4-3-3, a few 4-4-2, a 5-2-3. I've tried all sort of player. All sort of opponents.
Of course, my first instinct is: "Keep the ball", "Play shorter passes". Yes, but no. Doesn't work. Even without any instructions (by that, I mean just the defaut ones on a "normal" approach), I get that, and I don't play reckless or fast or risky.
I have ball players in the midfield too, they aren't bad with their feet at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks

How are your results?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Romano338 said:

Very generic question: how do I keep the ball?

It's my third save, and every single game of those 3 saves, I've been told that "we're losing the ball a lot in the midfield" and "we can't keep the ball in the opponent's half".
I've tried different 4-2-1-3, 4-3-3, a few 4-4-2, a 5-2-3. I've tried all sort of player. All sort of opponents.
Of course, my first instinct is: "Keep the ball", "Play shorter passes". Yes, but no. Doesn't work. Even without any instructions (by that, I mean just the defaut ones on a "normal" approach), I get that, and I don't play reckless or fast or risky.
I have ball players in the midfield too, they aren't bad with their feet at all.

What am I missing?

Thanks

This is the kind of thing that is hard to analyze without watching the matches. There can be quite a number of reasons the ball is being turned over, but its basically guesswork unless you analyze the matches. Looked at numbers will help, but only so much.

You've already hit on some of the possible causes. Too high of a tempo or too much risky passing (could be mentality, shape, or roles). Some players getting forward too fast to be good options (role and duty balance). It could be down to your individual players - they lack first touch, composure (especially if being pressed), technique, passing.... A short passing TI can sometimes restriction options. If its happening later in matches, it could be down to fitness or mentality - tired or frustrated players. A very common cause is lack of good movement - players are too stationary, based on their roles, leading to a lack of penetration or ease of opposition cutting off passing lanes. In theory, it could even be a lack of pace throughout the side compared to the opposition - good movement neutered by it being too slow. Again, its all guesswork until look at why you are losing the ball, how, and when.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does an IWB (S or A) interact with a RMD (A)? I'm curious because I'm trying to create a 3-2-2-2-1 and on the right of the two centre midfielders I have a BBM (S), then in the DM strata I have an IWB (A) set up with an RMD (A) on the right in the AM strata. I guess I'm just wondering if a RMD fills the criteria of having a player in front of the IWB which allows them to roam into the middle and create space. I'm also wondering if I should be using the support duty instead.

For reference:

F9 (S)

IF (S) -------------------------------- RMD (A)

DLP (D) ----- BBM (S)

WB (A) ----------------------------- IWB (A)

CD (D) - BPD (X) - CD (D)

GK (D)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tajj7 said:

Does a HYD's reputation impact the quality of youth intakes? 

Don't believe so. Their skills do - Judging Potential and Working with Youngsters. And their personality has an impact on some of the newgens, so the more Professional, Ambitious, and Determined the HYD is, the better. The preferred formation can also impact the positions of the newgens apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Don't believe so. Their skills do - Judging Potential and Working with Youngsters. And their personality has an impact on some of the newgens, so the more Professional, Ambitious, and Determined the HYD is, the better. The preferred formation can also impact the positions of the newgens apparently.

Thanks I am trying to find out if I am doing something wrong that is making most of my youth intakes crappy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tajj7 said:

Thanks I am trying to find out if I am doing something wrong that is making most of my youth intakes crappy. 

What have you managed to improve so far?

Bear in mind that even with the absolute best possible youth coaching and recruitment is only increasing the possibility of getting top caliber newgens. It still means you are going to have intakes that are pretty poor sometimes. Which is realistic - even the very best youth development systems in the world are producing top class young players every year.

Another factor to consider is that the star ratings of a youth player is comparative to your squad. If you are a couple of seasons in and have improved the squad notably, it can become really hard to get a 5 star prospect. It functionally means that at the start of a save - when the squad is good but not world class - a high PA newgen would probably be 4.5-5 stars. But a few years later, when the squad is better, that same PA newgen might only show as a 3-4 star newgen. Because the comparison point has changed over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

Don't believe so. Their skills do - Judging Potential and Working with Youngsters. And their personality has an impact on some of the newgens, so the more Professional, Ambitious, and Determined the HYD is, the better. The preferred formation can also impact the positions of the newgens apparently.

The first part of this is not true.

Recruitment = Regen PA, Junior Coaching = Regen CA, Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement is accurate.

That's what determines how good the players in the youth intakes are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bigpapa42 said:

What have you managed to improve so far?

Bear in mind that even with the absolute best possible youth coaching and recruitment is only increasing the possibility of getting top caliber newgens. It still means you are going to have intakes that are pretty poor sometimes. Which is realistic - even the very best youth development systems in the world are producing top class young players every year.

Another factor to consider is that the star ratings of a youth player is comparative to your squad. If you are a couple of seasons in and have improved the squad notably, it can become really hard to get a 5 star prospect. It functionally means that at the start of a save - when the squad is good but not world class - a high PA newgen would probably be 4.5-5 stars. But a few years later, when the squad is better, that same PA newgen might only show as a 3-4 star newgen. Because the comparison point has changed over time.

Everything is maxed, It's Southampton, youth recruitment was upgraded beginning of the save.  I have probably just been unlucky so far, just had 4 poor intakes with only one decent player so far.

The better regens in the intakes have only been 3 star, even first season, though the squad has improved and you right real life academies are not producing top level players every year.  So it was more just a check that things were good from my side and I just needed a little more luck.

I have a good HOYD, it's the guy from Birmingham. 

Edited by tajj7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cleon said:

The first part of this is not true.

Recruitment = Regen PA, Junior Coaching = Regen CA, Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement is accurate.

That's what determines how good the players in the youth intakes are.

I seem to remember this coming up in a thread before, now that you mention it. I know the club facilities are the primary factor but always had the idea (not sure from where) that the Judging Potential and Working With Youngsters skills of the HYD has a small impact. But if they have none.... the HYD really only needs the best possible Personality and that's it. Preferred formation is nice, and the rest is just going to be how useful they are in helping out with coaching.

I recall changing what I was seeking in a HoYD in FM17 based on that previous thread, but I seemed to have reverted to my prior habits for FM18.

1 minute ago, tajj7 said:

Everything is maxed, I have probably just been unlucky so far, just had 4 poor intakes with only one decent player so far.

The better regens in the intake have only been 3 star, even first season, though the squad has improved and you right real life academies are not producing top level players every year. 

A 3 star youth player in the first intake and a 3 star youth player in the 4th season could have very different levels of potential if the quality of the squad has improved. And don't overlook those 2.5-3 star prospects - they can be developed into very solid players. Prem level players. Maybe not global superstars, but not every player needs to be that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know, not so much players  still play in versions with slider system. Another match engine, etc.

 

But maybe anyone still on it, or in modern FM versions you notice same problem:

 

BshKqRV.png

 

i want from my team (purple) to meet opponent near circle in the middle. This is a modern style of defending, doesn't matter what team use it, 90% of teams when they dont need to score asap - always drop behind line in the centre. I don't want this stupid pressing, when 6 players meet opponent on the their half of the pitch.

 

How AI always avoid this pressing - he wait till my winger start to close down him - he make easy pass to MC which make fast pass to winger - winger run with ball or make pass to striker, what opens wide. AI always build attacks in this style vs my teams. And i cant stop it, because my team push so high.

I tried everything: i set closing down to EVERY player on 1 click (on slider). i set tackling to easy. i set team instruction: closing down - less. i use loose zonal marking. i use OI - close down - never vs opponent back 4.
I also use FMRTE to give my team 100/100 tactic familiarity. NOTHING. Same sh*t.

On screenshot above you can see, what i use 4-4-1-1. Strategy: standart, Team shape: Flexible; Zonal loose marking, light tackling, "stand off" shout. Looks like stand-off, right? grin.gif

Here we play 4-4-1 (my amc got red card), same settings as i said before - stand off; zonal loose marking, OI-close down never vs opponent back 4. Tactic familiarity 100/100.

rzZx951.png

 

In next 2 seconds my MR start to close down opponent DC.bravery and stupidity...

If anyone said, what you should use more defensive mentality... here we go: CONTAIN strategy

2rhhNnG.png

gCmZ2K3.png

Anyway, this is stupid, when you should play with contain mentality just to make your players meet opponents on your own half. Why? because it's restrict your players mentality - mentality = riscs.

To make my players meet opponent on my own half of the pitch i should drag my ML/R to WBL/R and my MCs to DMCs. This is insane.  Specific marking just useless in this situation, i can say why.

P.s: i have no question to my players, when opponent comes deep into our half of the pitch, they always track back! I have questions to their positions, when opponent build their attacks from deep, when their defenders got the ball near their penalty area. It looks like Match Engine limitation, because you can't stop your players to occupy opponent half of the pitch. 

But I do not want to think like that, should be easy algorithm , why players, doesn't matter what mentality i use, push so high.

For example, i concede a lot of goals from corner kicks. And that I just did not try, nothing helps. I also started to think - ME limitation, nothing i can do here.

i made research, and find, what half goals from corners AI scores from far post. ~30% from near post.

With man marking AI just drag my tall players from dangerous positions. 2 his tall players get instruction: go forward (on this instruction they just staying in the middle of the penalty area, draging 2 my DC what following instruction to mark them). another 1 tall player go to "attack far post" or "attack near post", where he covered by my DL or DM/MC, what in 70% chances ends with amazing shot on or off target.
this is very random, sometimes my DC cover tall players in dangerous zones, sometimes not.

and i deside to find solution, how to make my dc ALWAYS stay near far post and near near post (lol).

and i find it.

Game understand command "go back" in count from the right: first go 2 fulbacks, or wingbacks, next DCR, DCL, after it MCR, MCL and etc. Example for better understanding, everyone go back in 4-4-2:

N1IYGfs.png

knowing this algorithm easy to stick players what i want where i want.

this is what i made in my 5-3-2

RlzyMzg.png

after week testing: this setup works very well! Players NOT sticked to opponent player, they cant be dragged, they guard zone, what i want from them. They focus on the ball, not on the player behind them. This more intellegent method work, and you dont need world class players for it (i play LLM in Scottland now), you dont need a lot of tall players, enough to have 2-3. I concede from corners only after this stupid deflections, or my defenders failed to intercept the ball (very rarely).

 

I'm so happy when i find this solution, but with issue what i described at the beginning of this post, idk. This is impossible, i tried everything :( 

If problem not in mentality/team shape/closing down/marking, than maybe problem relies in formation. What i noticed, for example in 3-5-2 (with ML/R), what my ML/R, because they play alone on the wing, ALWAYS drop deep to DL/WBL position, when opponent start building his attacks from his own half of the pitch. In another words, if player alone on his side, and no one behind him (in formation), he never push high when we defend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got some tips how to set up against the 4-2-4?

I usually play a 4-3-3 with wingers and IWB, trying to emulate Guariola's approach at City but whenever another team goes down they switch to the 4-2-4 and I will lose no matter what. Tired putting my IWBs as FB-D against their four attackers and the DLP as well so I would have a spare man defending tu no chance, they score with almost every attack once they are in that formation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Cleon said:

Recruitment = Regen PA, Junior Coaching = Regen CA, Youth Facilities = Rate of youth player CA improvement is accurate.

That's what determines how good the players in the youth intakes are.

Can you clarify this please:

What EXACTLY constitutes a "youth player"?

Is it:

1. Any player aged under 18

2. Any player in the U18 squad (or U19, i.e. the squad not covered by First Team and Reserves/U23s)

3. Any player on a Youth contract?

 

For example, if you have a 17 year-old in your first team squad and on a full-time contract, is he 'Youth'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, phnompenhandy said:

Can you clarify this please:

What EXACTLY constitutes a "youth player"?

Is it:

1. Any player aged under 18

2. Any player in the U18 squad (or U19, i.e. the squad not covered by First Team and Reserves/U23s)

3. Any player on a Youth contract?

 

For example, if you have a 17 year-old in your first team squad and on a full-time contract, is he 'Youth'?

Almost 100% sure that youth are players on youth contracts- once they are on pro contracts they train with the regular team facilities- Cleon will probably know exactly (because he is good that way :D) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys managed your use of tactics? I guess you don't use only one (or maybe you do). Do you change for away games? Or for games against bigger teams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Static Target Man PPM be unlearned? I'm not seeing the option there. Found a 4-star striker prospect who is 6'6" and Mexican (I'm managing in Mexico, so natural born players are really needed) and absolutely want him to be my striker of the future. Just worried that PPM will impact the tactical setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...