Football Manager 2012 Demo *OFFICIAL* Feedback Thread

The Match engine is superb. The UI is a big improvement. The team talks are actually worth using. I love being able to lock parts of the contract when negotiating. The new transfer centre is brilliant and certainly beats clicking through dozens of offers for a player. I've not spotted any bugs so far. Impressions after a couple hours of playing are very positive.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Does anyone play on commentary only? Anyone noticed the judder of black writing underneath the score? This is annoying for anyone playing with commentary only.

Any chance you could grab a screenshot of that?

If you could provide more information in the UI bugs forum that would be great, cheers

The Match engine is superb. The UI is a big improvement. The team talks are actually worth using. I love being able to lock parts of the contract when negotiating. The new transfer centre is brilliant and certainly beats clicking through dozens of offers for a player. I've not spotted any bugs so far. Impressions after a couple hours of playing are very positive.

Great stuff, glad you're enjoying it!

Having a slight problem with the demo! I have downloaded it and verified the game cache, however when I go to load play the game through steam it goes to load the game, which results in my screen going blank (black) and occasionally flickering back to steam for a split second.

I have left it to do this for a few minutes and as far as I can tell the demo hasnt actually loaded and I can just see windows/steam running when it flicks on! the only way to stop this problem is to close my laptop up so it puts itself in standby and then shut my laptop down. Any suggestions?

thanks.

• Administrators
I could do that but its hard to catch as its doing it pretty rapidly.

If you explain the issue, and give details of how fast you are playing the game, we can try to reproduce it ourselves.

Please post a thread in the UI forum so we can assist you with the issue, cheers.

• Administrators
Guys, the font is a bit smaller than FM2011, which is disastrous for me. I'm on 23" 1920x1080.

Here are the screenshots with default dark skins: FM2011 FM2012

Can fan made skins change font type and size? If so it won't be such a problem.

Font size hasn't changed, it's a different font we are using this year.

• Administrators
Having a slight problem with the demo! I have downloaded it and verified the game cache, however when I go to load play the game through steam it goes to load the game, which results in my screen going blank (black) and occasionally flickering back to steam for a split second.

I have left it to do this for a few minutes and as far as I can tell the demo hasnt actually loaded and I can just see windows/steam running when it flicks on! the only way to stop this problem is to close my laptop up so it puts itself in standby and then shut my laptop down. Any suggestions?

thanks.

May be related to this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7131876&viewfull=1#post7131876

If that doesn't work try this - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276641-Football-Manager-2012-Demo-FAQ-Technical-and-STEAM-Issues?p=7131853&viewfull=1#post7131853

Let me know if that helps at all.

Enjoying it so far! The tone system looks decent and being able to see their reactions IMO makes life a lot easier as well. The ME looks pretty cool and we no longer have to watch people getting ready to take a corner! It'll take me a while to fully learn how to navigate but the game is looking good. (Y)

Just a quick question, when trying to send players out on loan, is there a way of offering to them to clubs but stipulating the club should be looking for them to be a valuable first team player? Theres no point loaning them out if the offers that come in are as cover for the team only.

• Administrators
Despite having to relearn where everything is, the new UI is stunning. MUCH better. I don't know if I should be thanking Ter for the new one or spanking him for the old :p

Glad you like it :D

Guys, the font is a bit smaller than FM2011, which is disastrous for me. I'm on 23" 1920x1080.

Here are the screenshots with default dark skins: FM2011 FM2012

Can fan made skins change font type and size? If so it won't be such a problem.

Font size hasn't changed, it's a different font we are using this year.

Okay, but as you can see from the screenshots, the new font doesn't leave space between the letters, which makes it difficult to read. Can fan made skins change font type and size?

Here is what I'm talking about, the shorter is FM2012:

iKqK0.png

Hmm, only 50% downloaded and i'm already getting spam email that can only have been instigated by Steam. :thdn:

Valve do not sell your information to third-parties. Come on, guys, Steam is not the boogeyman.

http://www.valvesoftware.com/privacy.html

Except in the cases described below, Valve will not share personally identifiable information with any third party unless the user agrees to such disclosure in advance.

So far I'm loving the font and layout of everything. lovely. :)

One thing I have noticed is when starting a new game and picking a team when I hover my mouse over the "bullet point" the Vista loading mouse animation starts. It doesn't do it on anything else.

Loving the new ass man team rating page. :thup:

Edit: noticed the loading mouse in job centre as the teams have the same bullet point next to them.

Hmm, only 50% downloaded and i'm already getting spam email that can only have been instigated by Steam. :thdn:

wow really now.. you guys find anything to throw at steam.. its pathetic.

A few problems I noticed:

1. Where can I see the height of a player?

2. In the player attribute screen the Prefered foot and Value aren't shown.

They should both be on the left hand side of the player attribute panel even on the smallest resolution.

If they aren't, could you please go to the bug forums : http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240-Football-Manager-2012-Bugs-Forum

When there, could you find the relevant section and log it as a bug, preferably with a screenshot of that panel :) and also the resolution you're playing in. (Which can be found in FM's preferences)

Thanks.

Transfer activity seems to be increased allright, but it causes masive problems in Denmark!! Clubs are selling their whole first teams (OB sold 11 of their best players, leaving only 6 players in their first team squad for their first game!!) And they aren't getting good money for their best players either. It just seems like other countries are treating Denmark as a place to get decent cheap players.

The transfer window still hasn't closed, so will give an update when I get to it :(

I like how it's possible to view key attributes for any position when looking at a players attributes screen, makes it much easier to quickly see if that new player I'm interested in signing has the right attributes to play in the position I'm trying to recruit for. :thup:

• Administrators
Transfer activity seems to be increased allright, but it causes masive problems in Denmark!! Clubs are selling their whole first teams (OB sold 11 of their best players, leaving only 6 players in their first team squad for their first game!!) And they aren't getting good money for their best players either. It just seems like other countries are treating Denmark as a place to get decent cheap players.

The transfer window still hasn't closed, so will give an update when I get to it :(

Can you please post this issue in the Transfers and Contract section of the bugs forum? It'd really help shed some light on this issue. Forum can be found here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/242-Transfer-and-Contracts

• Administrators
Okay, but as you can see from the screenshots, the new font doesn't leave space between the letters, which makes it difficult to read. Can fan made skins change font type and size?

iKqK0.png

Yes, I see what you are saying, the different here is the letter spacing.

As for customising the font, the Skinning Hideout forum is the best place to direct your queries, thanks.

Is there any chance, please, of the team sorting out the TV games for the various cups. League Cup 1st roud, Southend v West Ham, fine, no problem, but the other game was Peterborough v Sheff Weds, which makes no sense. 2nd round, Derby v Wolves, fair enough I suppose, but the other TV game was Newcastle v Palace. Why? You really need to try and sort out the TV games for the cups, because you shouldn't be having Newcastle v Palace on TV, when (looking at the draw) you could have Bournemouth v Everton for example. It's ridiculous, and quite annoying that just like last year, some of the TV choices for cup games are so unrealistic it's untrue.

Oh, SI... what have you done to my beloved Football Manager?

FM12 is ghastly. It's uglier and clunkier than ever. There's data everywhere! Every screen is a mass of numbers and options. Tactics is the worst of lot. And when you finally finish working on a tactic, your coach moans because you don't have a back up tactic!

Horrendous.

I got an error when downloaded???? this:

file:///C:/Program%20Files%20%28x86%29/Steam/SteamApps/common/football%20manager%202012%20demo/data/html/warning.html

then on that address page it says: We have detected a problem with your game, please click here for more information.

When i click more info it jsut links me here: http://www.footballmanager.com/support/game_problem_en_gb.html

If people are getting slow download speeds try changing your region for London UK as I changed it from London UK to Norway and now sitting at 900 kbs after being stuck at 150 kbs.

i changed it from england-london to germany-frankfurt and hit 3.8 MB/s :D downloaded in less than 5 mins!!

Is there any chance, please, of the team sorting out the TV games for the various cups. League Cup 1st roud, Southend v West Ham, fine, no problem, but the other game was Peterborough v Sheff Weds, which makes no sense. 2nd round, Derby v Wolves, fair enough I suppose, but the other TV game was Newcastle v Palace. Why? You really need to try and sort out the TV games for the cups, because you shouldn't be having Newcastle v Palace on TV, when (looking at the draw) you could have Bournemouth v Everton for example. It's ridiculous, and quite annoying that just like last year, some of the TV choices for cup games are so unrealistic it's untrue.

Your examples seem well chosen, please report this here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276589-England-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Cheers.

'kinell, you boys have been working hard this year. The new teamtalks seem excellent, the tactics screens - hell, ALL the screens - are intelligently laid out and bring more information into one place. As long as there are no show stopping bugs, this looks like it's going to be a superb iteration of my favourite game.

Oh, and I love the new font. Clean and crisp. What is it?

Your examples seem well chosen, please report this here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276589-England-(Official)-League-Specific-Issues

Cheers.

I disagree. No TV company would choose Newcastle at home to Palace, when they could choose Bournemouth v Everton for example. It's basically an unwritten rule of TV games in the cups that they only get chosen if the lower league team is at home, the smaller the team, and the bigger their opponent, the better. It's only rare occasions when that doesn't happen (eg Man Utd v Leeds because it's 2 big teams, they're not too far apart, and it's a bit of a grudge match).

Yes, I see what you are saying, the different here is the letter spacing.

As for customising the font, the Skinning Hideout forum is the best place to direct your queries, thanks.

:(

I'm not after making my own skin or modding, I don't have time or desire for that. As a SI guy you probably know if there is such possibility and could simply answer it with "yes" or "no", I'm not asking you to teach me how.

I found some ambiguous answer in the Skinning forum and now I'm going to cancel my pre-order until I can somehow verify the font size can be increased.

iKqK0.png

Skinners should be able to customise the font type; I'm not entirely sure how much control skinners have over customising the size of the font, but even if it can't be increased, another font in the same size as the default may look bigger (or smaller even) depending on its own characteristics. I should also mention there's a new font rendering engine being used this year, which would ensure all custom fonts look better than they would have in years past.

Archived