FM12: Which team will be for you?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Heath, until I read the last issue of WSC I hadnt realised how well Grenada were doing, congrats. Not so much lower League anymore!, hope you do a LLM Thread maybe for Thurrock (love those kits). Of course I shall be wading around the ,lower reaches of the Blue Square signing a legion of unkowns with Scrabble busting names, I just like it that way.

If I do an FM12 Lower Leagues thread in the tactics forum, I've a sneaky feeling I'll probably start with Truro in the BSS. I lived in Cornwall for a couple of years and it's nice to see a Cornish team get that high up the non-league pyramid. I always tend to play as teams I've seen, or who's progress I've followed.

That said, I've always started my lower league saves in England, with the exception of Granada CF when they were in the Segunda B4, so it might be interesting to start somewhere else for a change.

paris st germain or leeds to start with

but i always end up doing a hard save in some low league in europe or asia

Leeds are a nightmare to manage i think allays struggle with them good challenge though and yes im a Leeds fan and after Saturdays performance a relegation battle is on the cards :(

Leeds are a nightmare to manage i think allays struggle with them good challenge though and yes im a Leeds fan and after Saturdays performance a relegation battle is on the cards :(

I'm not a Leeds fan, but after managing them to 3 consecutive CL-triumphs and 5 times EPL winners in a row I've fallen a little in love.. Leeds have a great foundation to build a big club upon!

I'm not a Leeds fan, but after managing them to 3 consecutive CL-triumphs and 5 times EPL winners in a row I've fallen a little in love.. Leeds have a great foundation to build a big club upon!

I the foundation there its just getting them going :) i always have a slump after xmas always :confused:

Portland Timbers (for all the reasons I stated under the best fans thread)... if they are included, otherwise, I won't even buy the game.

B.S. move to not have them included this year, but somehow it feels like it's in line with some sort of general attitude towards the MLS in the game.

Portland Timbers (for all the reasons I stated under the best fans thread)... if they are included, otherwise, I won't even buy the game.

B.S. move to not have them included this year, but somehow it feels like it's in line with some sort of general attitude towards the MLS in the game.

Eh? They've only just got into the league when SI will have gotten the rights last year early days when making FM11 so they didn't have them in as they didn't have the rights.

Too bad that there isn't a option for Grisha Ganchev(Litex chairman) to bribe the referees and the Bulgarian Football Union, that will make the game 100% realistic.

I don't know what the real life team is like, but my save as Litex in FM11 has been great fun. I'm going to give Malmo a go in FM12, and hope a save as them will be as fun as my Litex save.

I've got 3 clubs in mind. Leicester City who I support, and then River Plate or Deportivo La Coruna, as they'll be interesting saves trying to return them to their countries top flight.

I the foundation there its just getting them going :) i always have a slump after xmas always :confused:

Well I should mention that I took me like many years to actually get really big.. I think I won EPL in 2018-20-ish and then CL in 2022-23-ish. Best thing about it was that 3 of my best players were all from youth squad and all were internationals for England. and two of them only had 2,5 stars PA, but alot of training and playing time and when they were 24-ish they were the best in england in their position.

God.. I miss my Leeds game.. :( - Thats it.. I'm starting with leeds in Fm2012! :D

Not just you, I can't remember any FM where I can honestly say i've had a good xmas in the first 2-3 seasons...

Edit: With Leeds...

My 1st save is always with Newcastle United. I remember people always used to refer to them as a "sleeping giant" so i like to try turn them into a giant

Pretty much succeed every time because i am that good

My 1st save is always with Newcastle United. I remember people always used to refer to them as a "sleeping giant" so i like to try turn them into a giant

Pretty much succeed every time because i am that good

I lol'd :D

I think I'll also go with a Newcastle game eventually.. I kinda have to..

Will definatly go west ham at some point. About time they got a decent manager ;) Not looking foward to getting rid of all the scrap metal allardyce has bought in though.

Then yeh sampdoria. Love their kit

For the demo, maybe Man Utd, then will be going for Millwall like I always do and also Anzhi as that will be very fun indeed!

I will probably end up managing every team on the game at some point though. Only a few games are successful, and I never know which ones they are!

As always firstly I'll start a game with AC Milan, making them a dominant force in the whole world, and make a whole team with Italian players from the youth academy at some point.

Then the usual journeyman save, loading lots of leagues throughout the world.

Last, I'll start a game in the Albanian leagues, either with the recently promoted to the Superleague Pogradeci FK, or the sleeping giants and recently relegated to the 3rd tier, Partizani Tirana, will try and win the Champions League with them.

Hull City or England

I try to manage teams like Man city or Lower league teams but I can't ever find the motivation to manage a team I'm personally not passionate about.

I managed Hull from FM07-FM10, and really enjoyed the saves. They're a good choice if you want a challenge in the Premier League when you get them there. I like their team colours as well, which is a bonus.

My first save will probably be Chelsea, as it is first choice every season. Probably then do my home town of Corby, especially with the new stadium hopefully increasing finances well.

Surprised Sunderland hasn't been mentioned in this thread as of yet. The defence possibilities of O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Turner, Bardsley and Bramble is too good to turn down!

Archived