LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the Ox, I await the crushing pressure of expectation to ruin him but it's nice to see a winger that has a trick when going past a man, not only pace. I only just realised when the commentator mentioned his father is ex-England international Mark Chamberlain, did not know that. Also apparently youngest scorer for Arsenal, taking over from Fabregas

Where are Sy and djvandyke?

Delighted with the result but it’s hardly the time for crowing. The occasional sensational performance makes our situation even more infuriating.

With even half competent management we would still be in the title race. Instead we face an uphill battle for European football.

Where are Sy and djvandyke?

I'm right here thanks.

So we won 7-1 against the 10 men of an awful Blackburn side. What exactly is your point? Are we guaranteed 4th? Did we win the Champions League? Do we suddenly have an acceptable squad to challenge for the title? Are Park, Diaby, Chamakh etc now good enough to challenge others like Arteta and Vermaelen for starting places?

The fact is even if we won 35-1 it wouldn't change anything apart from goal difference. It's the 4th Feb and that's the first 3 points we've taken against Fulham, Swansea, United and now Blackburn. Still nowhere near good enough.

Would you agree that between the end of the last match and this point in time right now, Arsenal have performed as well as they possibly could? If you do, then I can't see what you could possibly have to still complain about since the last round of ranting.

I'm right here thanks.

So we won 7-1 against the 10 men of an awful Blackburn side. What exactly is your point? Are we guaranteed 4th? Did we win the Champions League? Do we suddenly have an acceptable squad to challenge for the title? Are Park, Diaby, Chamakh etc now good enough to challenge others like Arteta and Vermaelen for starting places?

The fact is even if we won 35-1 it wouldn't change anything apart from goal difference. It's the 4th Feb and that's the first 3 points we've taken against Fulham, Swansea, United and now Blackburn. Still nowhere near good enough.

Would you agree that the win and the scoreline today will provide a vital boost to improving on that bad form? Would you agree that the result and performance today will quite dramatically improve the atmosphere inside the stadium and more importantly inside the dressing room?

Did you enjoy the game today? Or are you hoping for the string of draws and defeats to continue until Wenger leaves?

Would genuinely like to see djvandyke and sy13 posting in an Arsenal thread from 2004. My guesses are that they would STILL be moaning, some people are just born to moan!

When AW and the board start making positive and sweeping changes for the better then I will stop moaning.

Today we got a good result but Blackburn were utterly dire. I really think Newcastle or Sunderland would have put at least 5 past them. Yes it will give the players a lift but the issue is we don't have the right players at the club anyway. I'm treading old ground and I'm not going into it again now but don't be so blinkered thinking we've turned a corner. We simply won a home game. Sobering isn't it?

When AW and the board start making positive and sweeping changes for the better then I will stop moaning.

Today we got a good result but Blackburn were utterly dire. I really think Newcastle or Sunderland would have put at least 5 past them. Yes it will give the players a lift but the issue is we don't have the right players at the club anyway. I'm treading old ground and I'm not going into it again now but don't be so blinkered thinking we've turned a corner. We simply won a home game. Sobering isn't it?

Did you enjoy the performance? What emotions did you feel during the match? Genuinely interested fwiw.

This is what I've been saying all along - there's no balance. I don't mind complaints or criticisms, but when someone can't find anything positive to say even about a good win, you know their opinion is tainted and not worth bothering with (not that anyone does but you know what I mean).

Just want to compliment Arteta and Coquelin for their performances today. They won't get the same headlines as RvP, AOC or TW14, but both did their jobs well and have a level of consistency we could do with across the squad. Coquelin in particular certainly seems to be showing serious potential as a very important player in the future considering how well he's done so far while being played out of position; he has the tactical and positional awareness to maintain a high standard in an unfamiliar role and has generally been very good when actually played in midfield too. :thup:

Did you enjoy the performance? What emotions did you feel during the match? Genuinely interested fwiw.

I felt relieved to see an Arsenal game where I knew at half time we would score more and win it and I haven't felt that way for a while. The Ox and Coq were great yet again and it was just such a nice feeling to see a dominant and efficient display. However, it was one game and just 3 more points. We are still in the same position if Chelsea win and I still don't think we have anything near a strong enough squad to be successful * but I will gladly take a 7-1 thumping today.

* successful = actually winning something, not finishing 4th with a crap squad.

Just want to compliment Arteta and Coquelin for their performances today. They won't get the same headlines as RvP, AOC or TW14, but both did their jobs well and have a level of consistency we could do with across the squad. Coquelin in particular certainly seems to be showing serious potential as a very important player in the future considering how well he's done so far while being played out of position; he has the tactical and positional awareness to maintain a high standard in an unfamiliar role and has generally been very good when actually played in midfield too. :thup:

Yeah well played Coq, doing a Flamini by starting at full back?

Credit to Theo today as well, i'm a big critic and one game won't convince me but if he could perform like that consistently i'd be happy. Ox is brill.

Archived