LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see us winning tomorrow. My heart says we will but my head tells me a point is a decent result.

There was a time when going away to sides in the bottom 5 was a formality for Arsenal but these days it's fearful.

Judging players before the even play now?

This is exactly like the Amaury Bischoff deal.

We sign some unknown kid from a German reserve team who's spent a year injured. The blind Wenger loyalists say, 'Arsene knows' whilst the thinking fan knows this kind of signing should be ridiculed when the club is in the position it is in.

I support the man but this kind of signing is utterly pointless.

I don't think it's at all like it.

- Bischoff was on a 1 year deal, Eisfeld is on a "long term" deal.

- Wenger admitted signing Bischoff was a risk, as he may never get back to fitness, he believe Eisfeld can have a future.

- Bischoff was older than Eisfeld is when he signed (iirc).

- Eisfeld's injury was over 2 years ago now, and he's been playing this season, Bischoff's injury was very recent.

The only similarity is that Eisfeld and Bischoff both came from a German club.

Basically we planned to get him at the end of the season but we got him a bit earlier because he was at the end of his contract. We will use this period for adaptation.”

This quote is interesting, the uproar in the Summer would have been much worse I feel.

I'm quite confident about our signing of Thomas Eisfeld. This may not count too much towards the talent of a certain individual like Eisfeld, but the Dortmund youth set-up is good and that's proven with the likes of Marco Reus, Mario Götze, Moritz Leitner & Kevin Großkreutz, who all graduated from their academy, all developing into good, if not great players. If our scouts have been watching Eisfeld for a long period of time, which they almost certainly have, why should we have to question their judgement about a player who has obviously impressed them?

I think it's foolish to compare him to Amaury Bischoff too, especially where Eisfeld is at the moment in terms of development - he has 2-3 fantastic years ahead of him where, under Arsenal's guidance, could develop into an accomplished player. Yes, there are similarities (Signed from a German club's youth system etc.) between the two players, but the majority of you who are criticising this transfer have never seen him play or know anything about his past, other than the fact that he's been injured.

Dont worry, diabys will be like a new signing and chamshat is back from acon

Usually I can appreciate the sarcasm but I'm so disillusioned with AW and the board now, I just do not understand the blind faithful. Still, we are scrapping for 4th spot and won't be relegated so I suppose they're happy!

If we don't finish in the top 4 Wenger has to go really. And the board. Both are lucky that they are still in a job after how they managed the club in the summer.

I really do believe that missing out on the top 4 this season will f**k the club up for years to come.

If we don't finish in the top 4 Wenger has to go really. And the board. Both are lucky that they are still in a job after how they managed the club in the summer.

I really do believe that missing out on the top 4 this season will f**k the club up for years to come.

I think there needs to be a change with the board regardless of how we do. I'm fine with Wenger staying, but every time that muppet Peter Hill-Wood opens his mouth I lose more faith in the people at the top of the club. For example, saying the club is OK with not making the top 4 after the manager said the opposite is foolish. Whilst he is right we will be financially okay, he should be clever enough to know such an unambitious statement will go down poorly.

Like I said earlier, Wenger should be given the chance to see out his contract providing he agrees to heavily strengthen in the squad in the summer.

Actually this was posted at least a week ago, I even told you he had a stress fracture.

That is EXACTLY Sy's point. Everyone knew about it a week ago, but Arsenal leaked it after the window shut so they can't get a replacement in.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vermaelen last year.

To be honest I was not expecting any signings this transfer window but the thing that upsets me the most is the inability to offload the overpaid liabilities.

The failure of our so called manager to deal with a chronic infestation of parasites it is nothing short of a dereliction of duty.

That the likes of Manuel Almunia, Sebastien Squilliaci, Andrey Arshavin and the rest are still draining the clubs allegedly meagre resources is inexcusable.

That is EXACTLY Sy's point. Everyone knew about it a week ago, but Arsenal leaked it after the window shut so they can't get a replacement in.

Exactly the same thing happened with Vermaelen last year.

Do you reckon it was intentional to leak it today? If so that's awful, the least us lot as fans deserve is to be told anything - positive or negative - when it's actually happened, not just when it suits the club. Ergh

If we're going to get 4th we need a win, especially as Chelsea dropped points last night (I'd see it as a gained one though), and Liverpool won, but their players aren't good enough to qualify for the UCL imo. Any one know if Bolton's deadline day signings can play? (Besides Ryo)

Thomas Eisfeld is starting for our reserve team tonight. Apparently, he's going to start on the right-hand side of a 4-2-3-1 system.

Hope he does well. I think he still has some way to go in terms of the physical aspect of his game, but apparently he's impressed while training with the first-team squad. Wouldn't be surprised if we do see him feature for the first-team this season, I hope he does. He was apparently 'close' to the first-team at Dortmund.

Archived