LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tied on points & GD with Chelsea. A draw between the Spuds & the Geordies will greatly increase my optimism of catching the Spuds.

Yes, but we go 4th because we've scored more goals :).

Draw between the Spuds and Newcastle would be perfect actually, because I'm still confident of a Tottenham collapse and I still think we can catch them if we beat them.

Yes, but we go 4th because we've scored more goals :).

Draw between the Spuds and Newcastle would be perfect actually, because I'm still confident of a Tottenham collapse and I still think we can catch them if we beat them.

If the Spuds draw AND we win against em then its just 5 points which we can make up

Henry you legend!!!! Fairytale stuff. Great result as it was the same old tactics from the opponent, pressuring us and not wanting to attack. Freak goal for Sunderland which in turn prompted Ramsay to come on and score. Also fair play to Arshavin as it needed a quality cross to create something, the tippy tappy stuff around the box was not creating anything. Crazy chain of events. THIERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Believe it or not but when this move started I said "now Henry's going to score".

My wife claims I also added "after running past 3 defenders" and I sounded like being ironic, but who cares, I have foreseen this all :D

Great assist from Arshavin and his earlier cross wasn't bad either, it is juts that van Persie's heading/making use of high crosses is not equivalent to Henry's level.

Yeah, I think over all you can say that the loan move has been a success. Despite our blip in the league, lets not forget that. But, he's won us two important games with limited other options in terms of getting a goal.

Not that his legacy was ever in doubt, no matter what happened. Thats all ready preserved in bronze.

[video=youtube;vWWh-4Lt7nE]

lpp_video

I don't think I've ever felt love before, not true love. Not until this afternoon.

I actually missed the game: I had a game myself but when we finished I went straight for the score, turned out we were 1-0 down. I sulked most of the way home, then remembered how we conceded two goals right at the death last week, and joked with my mates saying it would be cool if we could do the same :D

Then checked the scores again: 1-1. Good boy Ramsey. Got halfway up the hill home and one of my mates said Henry had scored and we'd won it 2-1. I went a bit mental then I thought it was some kind of **** joke, didn't believe it really and wasn't having any of it. Just afterwards my flatmate texted me saying we'd done it too, then I finally saw the score for myself. Get the **** in there, how we needed that.

Would take a Newcastle win/draw happily this evening, but I'm not counting my chickens. I'll catch up with the game properly in a minute, I'm still coated in mud atm. Was it pretty awful?

[video=youtube;vWWh-4Lt7nE]

Would take a Newcastle win/draw happily this evening, but I'm not counting my chickens. I'll catch up with the game properly in a minute, I'm still coated in mud atm. Was it pretty awful?

Sunderland were a typical O'Neil team (11 men behind the ball), Per injured himself in their goal, and they were unsporting bastards in their goal

Yeah, I think over all you can say that the loan move has been a success. Despite our blip in the league, lets not forget that. But, he's won us two important games with limited other options in terms of getting a goal.

Not that his legacy was ever in doubt, no matter what happened. Thats all ready preserved in bronze.

Fact is, he's played 6 games, all sub appearances, and gotten us 3 goals. Each goal was provided a much needed lift in morale. Winning here today and actually being in the Top Four/In Sight of Tottenham could have a profound effect on how the players feel about their chances of making it.

In my mind there is no doubt this loan move has been very worthwhile :).

He's proably out of Milan based on Wenger's interview

Don't wanna see anyone injured but am looking forward to seeing the Vermaelen and Koscielny partnership. I think its fair to say now that Koscielny IS a very very good player. Not sure what will happen at left back though?

Where there many changes in Sunderland team compared to Boro game? I was hoping we would play with higher tempo so that they tire around 60th minute. May as well happen, too. We just need to stay calm and safe at the back and I think we will score at least once. Having said that Sunderland are playing well IMO, especially defensively. They are tracking all runs, marking and pressing very well, makes us look so static at times.

And even as a fan I must admit it is not a great game by Rosicky, even though he was involved in most of our moves that looked at least a bit dangerous. I really hope Ramsey can come in and change things.

Thought this too as a Sunderland fan. Our goal was a blessing in disguise for you guys because when Ramsey came on he got amongst our midfield instead of standing off them and our gameplan quickly fell apart. Up to then it was easy for us because you had nothing going down the middle. ONeill should have got Larsson off and put Meyler on who is more defensive as at the end we were too tired. We'll probably try exactly the same thing next week.

I think I love a man deeply and his name is Henry. What a legend.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

The best post I've ever seen you make in here Sy, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I hope he gives us a parting gift as a kind of late Valentines Day present on Wednesday.

Just had a though: people were so angry Wenger for introducing Arshavin against MU but he had every right to expect him to do something like he did today. He's just that kind of player, especially now.
The Ox was running the game against Untied and Wenger threw the match, is no defending that moronic substitution.

The Ox was running the game against Untied and Wenger threw the match, is no defending that moronic substitution.

As I said, he was criticised for doing 2 things in that sub: taking Ox off and also introducing the hopeless and pointless player that AA apparently is. All I am saying is that it is a funny game and it is not always a mistake to take a gamble like bringing an unpredictable player like AA on. Today he's praised for allowing the Russian make one of the crosses of the season, back then it was a huge mistake to even have him on the bench.

I am not saying it wasn't a mistake to take Ox off.

Archived