canvey!!

The Afrovision Managerial Contest

1,793 posts in this topic

Just done a bit of reading about Mauritius. EEK I think I'm slightly screwed

[quote name='tomsmith1989']I feel sorry for Lesotho who share very little borders. :p[/QUOTE]

Haha I'll help them out for a vote or two :P!

Other than that good look to my neighbours Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland! ;) Oh + Madagascar there pretty close as well :)!

[quote name='Mk_Forest']Haha I'll help them out for a vote or two :P!
[/QUOTE]

Need every vote I can get :D

Cape Verde, interesting. No borders, though should be good for a vote from Angola and Mozambique.

I call for an Island Bloc: Cape Verde, Seychelles, Comoros, São Tomé, Madagascar, Mauritius, Equatorial Guinea (capital is on an island).

And the twelve points from Zambia goes too...

[COLOR="White"]MALAWI[/COLOR] (A)

[quote name='JSalter']Cape Verde, interesting. No borders, though should be good for a vote from Angola and Mozambique.

I call for an Island Bloc: Cape Verde, Seychelles, Comoros, São Tomé, Madagascar, Mauritius, Equatorial Guinea (capital is on an island).[/QUOTE]

Hey you can't do that, Nobag will lose 2 borders and only have 2 left! :eek:

Desperation has led me to look up my country.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger[/url]

I'm counting on Nigeria (of course), Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali, Algeria, Libya and Chad for bloc voting. Some pretty strong neighbours there.

:thup:

Most of our country is desert though. :(

I think we can come to an arrangement Ben ;)

Most of my country is people. "Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa"

I'd like to get in on this bloc voting stuff but with only Ethiopia and Somalia in my vicinity I'm not sure it'd help too much.

[quote name='Lower Leagues Rule']I think we can come to an arrangement Ben ;)

Most of my country is people. "Nigeria is the most populous nation in Africa"[/QUOTE]

Great! :thup:

We'll be chummy neighbours. ;)

[quote name='PaulHartman71']If I am correct the only other Country who has that many is DR Congo :cool:[/QUOTE]

At least I've got that going for me ;)

Come all neighbours of DR Congo, let us all vote together!

Any block vote which gets Equatorial Guinea points is okay with me :thup: :D

The Beninese love a bloc vote at the best of times but to go against the grain I'd offer bloc voting to any nation that fancies a vote back, none of this borders malarky. We're going continental. PM me for details :cool:

Central African Republic...yikes I'm managing one of the world's poorest countries. 179th out of 182 countries on the Human Development Index. :(

We border DR Congo and Cameroon though so it's not that bad :D. We also got Chad, Sudan, and the other Congo as neighbouring countries.

[quote name='iacovone']The Beninese love a bloc vote at the best of times but to go against the grain I'd offer bloc voting to any nation that fancies a vote back, none of this borders malarky. We're going continental. PM me for details :cool:[/QUOTE]

You have a supporter here.

From a neighbour. :)

[quote name='Whoopy D']I'd like to get in on this bloc voting stuff but with only Ethiopia and Somalia in my vicinity I'm not sure it'd help too much.[/QUOTE]

Djibouti's vote would be much appreciated from Somalia :D we've got to gang together against these other blocs :p

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][B]2008: August and September[/B]

[/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]While there were no fixtures for any of the African nations in August, September offered the perfect chance for the new managers of these nations to cut their teeth. Most teams played a pair of games of the Second Round of World Cup Qualification. These are groups of four teams (and one of three) with the top team and the eight best runners-up qualifying for the Third Round.

[/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Friday 5th September brought the first round of games. [B]Pompey 13[/B]’s Malawi travelled to Djibouti to play [B]Whoopy Dee’e[/B]’s team, and came away with a brilliant 4-0 win. Three other teams got big wins, with [B]Didier Dardon[/B]’s Morroco beating Ethiopia 3-0 in Addis Ababa, and both the Ivory Coast and [B]Be Jayatsena[/B]’s Burundi recording 3-1 away victories, the former against [B]dafuge[/B]’s Mozambique and the latter against the Seychelles. Host nation South Africa lost 0-2 at home to [B]Des Tiny[/B]’s Nigeria.

[/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Another round of fixtures followed the next day, with [B]Alfred Jarry[/B]’s Kenya beating [B]Weeman Fernandez[/B]’s Namibia 3-1. [B]Jeremy English[/B]’s Sudan beat Chad 2-0 while both Cape Verde and Cameroon and Burkina Faso and Tunisia drew 1-1. Sunday 7th saw two 0-0 draws, between Lesotho and [B]Ken Co[/B]’s Gabon and between [B]Joaquim Ntadi[/B]’s Madagascar and Botswana. The Republic of the Congo also drew, 2-2 with [B]Mikael Schøler[/B]’s Mali. There were two 1-3 defeats for visiting teams: the host of the next African Cup of Nations, [B]Juan King[/B]’s Angola, lost in Benin, while the winner of the last African Cup of Nations, [B]Tyler Burrows[/B]’s Egypt, lost to [B]Craig Hopper[/B]’s Democratic Republic of the Congo. The final game of the month was on the Wednesday, where [B]Hryhorii Zahorchak[/B]’s Chad lost 0-2 at home to Sudan.

[/FONT] [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Looking at the World Rankings, the biggest African movers are [B]Sir Ronald Vaughan[/B]’s Benin following their 3-1 win over Angola. They moved up 24 places to 81st. The Democratic Republic of the Congo, managed by [B]Craig Hopper[/B], moved up 14 places to 54th after they beat Egypt 3-1 and [B]Jeremy English[/B]’s Sudan moved up 10 places to 98th following two 2-0 victories over Chad. Both [B]Christina Modoglou[/B]’s Zambia and [B]Alfred Jarry[/B]’s Kenya moved up 8 places. [B]Tyler[/B][B] Burrows[/B]’s Egypt and [B]Dees Blake[/B]’s Togo were the biggest fallers, both dropping 8 places. Togo lost 0-2 at Zambia. [B]Ken Co[/B]’s Gabon and [B]Robert Boyle[/B]’s Algeria both fell 7 places.[/FONT]

[I]Please tell me if you'd prefer to have this list another way.[/I]
[code]
[FONT=Courier New] [B]Nation P W D L F A GD[/B]
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Chad[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 2 0 0 2 0 4 -4
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Sudan[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 2 2 0 0 4 0 +4

[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Algeria[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Angola[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Benin[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Botswana[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Burkina Faso[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Burundi[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Cameroon[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Cape[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] Verde[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Congo[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 2 2 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Djibouti[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 4 -4
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]DR Congo 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Egypt[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Equatorial Guinea[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Ethiopia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 3 -3
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Gabon[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Gambia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Ghana[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Guinea[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Ivory Coast[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Kenya[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Lesotho[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Liberia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Libya[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Madagascar[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 0 0 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Malawi[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Mali[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 2 2 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Mauritania[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 2 -1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Mauritius[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 2 2 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Morocco[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Mozambique[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Nam[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]ibia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Niger[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 1 -1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Niger[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]ia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Rwanda[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Senegal[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Seychelles[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 1 3 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Sierra Leone[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]South Africa[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Tanzania[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 2 2 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Togo[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 0 1 0 2 -2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Tunis[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]ia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Uganda[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Zambia[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Zimbabwe[/FONT][FONT=Courier New] 1 0 1 0 1 1 0

[B]No[/B][B] Ga[/B][B]mes:[/B]
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New]Central African Republic[/FONT][FONT=Courier New], Comoros, Eritrea, Guinea-Bissau, São Tomé and Principe, Somalia, Swaziland[/FONT][/code] [CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=5][B]Nation in the Spotlight[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]
[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg/100px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png[/IMG]

[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Nam[/I][I]e: Republic of the Congo[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Capital: Brazzaville[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Po[/I][I]pulation: 3.7 million[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Manager: David Dodgson (DodgeeD)[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]World Ranking: 102[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Stadium Capacity: 50,000[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][I]Last Three Results: H vs. Mali, 2-2; n/a[/I][/FONT][/CENTER]
[/CENTER]

[quote name='MattFergie']Djibouti's vote would be much appreciated from Somalia :D we've got to gang together against these other blocs :p[/QUOTE]

Pah! As Kenya's enemy it doesn't surprise me that your fishing for any vote you can get :p

I trust that I can count on Ethiopias support in this though

[quote name='Wikipedia']Kenya... ...in 1969 signed a defence pact with Ethiopia which is still in effect.[/QUOTE]

To everyone else please bear in mind Kenya rewards favourable voting with [URL="http://www.weebls-stuff.com/songs/kenya/"]lions[/URL]... but not you Somalia! No lions for you! I bet you'd steal a car too given the chance wouldn't you pesky pirates?

100 percent record in Sudan's two games so far :cool:

I like the update style, it's very simple and easy to read, yet still very effective.

Cote D'Iviore looking for some give-and-give. PM me if you're up for it.

A draw for Lesotho, happy with that. And I am refusing to get involved with any bloc voting. Annoys me every year on Eurovision :D

A loss to the Democratic Republic of Congo is simply eembarrassing for the Champions of Africa :(

[quote name='canvey!!']
[I]Please tell me if you'd prefer to have this list another way.[/I]

[/QUOTE]

I'd like it to show I'm winning please ;)

Nice first update but a 4-0 loss is definitely not the way I wanted to start.

A 2-2 draw against Mali - decent result to start with :thup:

Thanks for the spotlight too [B]canvey!![/B] Capital city of Brazzaville :D - that's class! From Wikipedia, it seems my neighbours (and potential block voters) are DR Congo, Gabon, Cameroon and CAR. An Angolan enclave also has a border with us and our coastline situates us close to SaoTome and Principe. Congo also has a sizeable Pygmy population so I'll be garnering for a Pygmy block vote to include ourselves, DR Congo, Cameroon, Gabon, CAR, Rwanda, Burundi, Equatorial Guinea, Angola, Botswana, Zambia and Namibia! A force to be reckoned with. ;)

4-0 first up :cool: Hope I can keep this up!

Borders with South Africa, Botswanna and Angola, Zambia and Zimbabwe, so I expect some bloc voting there.

I suppose the 'ending with A" bloc vote could be enforced. But that's just about everyone :D

2-0 against 2006 World Cup participant Togo. We stopped Adebayor with my 16-year old Zambian defending talent of Tottenham. I must be proud :D

The hero's of Zambia...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gPcgvGILqs[/url]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zambia_national_football_team#Gabon_air_disaster[/url]

Defeat for the Seychelles :thdn: although i am liking the idea of island block vote :thup:

Ghana, Benin and Burkina Faso.. want to get into the Togo club?

A great effort by Nigeria, the destruction of those Southerners is exactly what we needed. :)

Fantastic start for DR Congo. Let that be a lesson to you all, underestimate us at your peril :p

What will only be the first of many losses for Liberia. The manager's desire for dirtyness and mind games will creep into the squad at some point so hopefully then we will begin our road to success.

Solid start for Equatorial Guinea, happy with that :thup:

3-1 loss to Benin :thdn:

Got only 3 Neighbours aswell so looking to DR Congo, Namibia and Zambia for the bloc votes

[quote name='Lower Leagues Rule']A great effort by Nigeria, the destruction of those Southerners is exactly what we needed. :)[/QUOTE]

:(, don't trash talk my Southerners already!

[quote name='Mk_Forest']:(, don't trash talk my Southerners already![/QUOTE]

Awww :) MK I didn't mean it, but you made the world cup already, we have to Qualify right? :P

No games yet :(

Although that's probably a good thing, preseves our modesty for a little longer! :D

3-1 loss to Cote D'Ivoire, can't say I'll be losing sleep over that result.

Iacovone... how 'bout a few casual votes thrown each others way completely randomly?... Nothing to do with the fact that Benin and Togo are neighbouring countries... nothing at all...