Oliver & Paul Collyer - M.B.E.s

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the two C's. If someone had told me back in 92 that a couple of bluenoses would impact my life enough to have me spending hours upon hours, weeks and months over the best part of the next two decades enjoying thier interpretation of football, I would have told them to bugger off. Well deserved guys.

disgraceful yet our men are fighting n dieing for us overseas ..

yet the queen gives out M.B.E,s to someone for just making a game ..

DAM RIGHT DISGRACEFUL

What an ignorant comment!

They got the reward in recognition for their services to the UK's computer games industry. The rewards are meant to reflect all walks of life, not just services to killing.

• SI Staff

Thanks for all the kind messages folks, much appreciated by my bro and I.

We certainly couldn't have got our games from what they were 20 years ago to where they are today without the support of the community. So cheers!

Wishing everyone a happy 2010, with an extra ten percent reserved for all fellow bluenoses around the World ;)

disgraceful yet our men are fighting n dieing for us overseas ..

yet the queen gives out M.B.E,s to someone for just making a game ..

DAM RIGHT DISGRACEFUL

Military honours are in a different category and there were many more awarded to servicemen and women than there were to computing experts.

Your comment shows a remarkable lack of knowledge of the honours system in particular and our armed forces in general.

ive got a friend in afghanistan who is risking his life everyday , im sure he will have to wait till his 78 till he gets his , and kickballz go eat some veg u puwseeeee, services to killin ha ha ha

Agreed Kriss. The government often often praises the British video gaming sector and its global influence and it would like to see it even stronger, so no surprise that SI Games should be honoured.

The real scandal was when friends of the government used to get awards for being 'good old boys' rather than for any real achievement. That happens a lot less now.

Gratz to the lads!!

Paul also had his fair share of time off - trying to be a rock star in the early CM days (he was in a band called Elevate) - so no, they get the same size medal...

Sounds a bit like early Sonic Youth. I had never realised the Collyer's talents were so far reaching. Hard to find a recording of Elevate though.

Congrats on the award and the recognition guys.

ive got a friend in afghanistan who is risking his life everyday , im sure he will have to wait till his 78 till he gets his , and kickballz go eat some veg u puwseeeee, services to killin ha ha ha

This is a completely different matter. What are you on about?

I remember my very first encounter with the CM Series well, CM Italia, a guy who I used to work with on niteshift used to rant and rave about a certain football manager game, to shut him up I told him to bring it in so I could try it out, at that time, sensible soccer was my fav game on the C64....well since that day I have been addicted and I am the proud owner of every CM and football manager game released, now FML is a big part of my life and will hopefully also be around for many a year to come, you guys deserve the awards for making so many football managers live that dream.....

Well done guys, you must be buzzing and so you should be.....

Congrats and well deserved. CM/FM has done much to expose world football (ahem..soccer) to many of us here in the US before the likes of the interweb, Fox Soccer and ESPN. Maybe we can get them The Presidential Medal of Freedom as well

Wow well all i can say is thank you for giving me hours of fun and a chance to make new friends and play in a beta GW for FML and still get hours of fun out the FM series. Well deserved lads and enjoy your day out :)

Congrats guys and it is truly deserved

and i thought it was princes william and harry that play the game not the queen and they have nagged the queen to give them an award to show there gratitude for the way they have got the princes addicted to the game

Archived